Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46

Thread: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

  1. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,858
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you seen the summer league?
    street ball / with an allstar game pretty much but i must say very entertaining. I was gonna try to go to Vegas this year but they canceled it

  2. #27
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,236

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not if by "out in Ripple" means out at the bars in Broad Ripple, and not at one of the gyms in Broad Ripple. Sadly I more expect to hear about him partying than practicing.


    *waiting for the first PD member with the whole "but he's not 21! He couldn't be at the bars!" stupidity*
    Ripple isn't a bad thing anyway you slice it. At least he's not on 38th street...or hanging at some cat house.

    Seriously, the last thing I would worry about with Lance Stephenson is that he's seen hanging around Broad Ripple crashing bars.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,083

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ripple isn't a bad thing anyway you slice it. At least he's not on 38th street...or hanging at some cat house.

    Seriously, the last thing I would worry about with Lance Stephenson is that he's seen hanging around Broad Ripple crashing bars... in the off season.
    Added to further make your point....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  5. #29
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is one of many reasons no summer league and a lock out will hurt. He needs structured teaching.
    I'm hoping Orlando Summer League doesn't get cancelled (reports only said Vegas), so I can try to make it out. I've still got my fingers crossed for no lockout.

    I've also got my other fingers crossed that Lancelot is keeping himself positively busy this summer, and will come out onto the court looking like a different player and person when the season eventually starts.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  6. #30
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,983

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ya know the kid might not be such an *** as we think. Im not sticking up for him (OK I am) but the few people here who claim to have met him in person all have said he is nice and friendly

    so he might just be trying to find his place in life, or maybe he is not as self confident as he appears

    The day Lance is comfotable in his own shoes, that will be the turning point


    In all honesty, I think his dad may be a big part of Lance's problem, and has been ... since he first picked up a basketball.. (maybe before)..

    They say a child is like a sponge, soaking up everything they see and hear ..



    I just got this nagging feeling that his dad is trying to live his own hoop dreams , through Lance.

    If anyone has seen the movie CB4 , he reminds me of a Tru$tus Jones .. lol
    You know, the type to make himself Lance's self appointed manager/confidant ..lol
    To put it in another way... kinda like a pimp .

    Get his dad out of his ear, and I think he will have a chance..

    Cause I am sure his pops is in his ear complaining "why aint u playin. you better than blah blah blah"
    and so on.. Trying to make Lance feel like he is entitled to playtime..
    He probably hears it constantly..


    If I am out of line , or wrong, I apologize .. I just feel there may be some legs to it ..
    Last edited by Kemo; 05-23-2011 at 11:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


  8. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,858
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm hoping Orlando Summer League doesn't get cancelled (reports only said Vegas), so I can try to make it out. I've still got my fingers crossed for no lockout.

    I've also got my other fingers crossed that Lancelot is keeping himself positively busy this summer, and will come out onto the court looking like a different player and person when the season eventually starts.
    Orlando isn't open to the public only family and basketball executives .

  9. #32

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ripple isn't a bad thing anyway you slice it. At least he's not on 38th street...or hanging at some cat house.

    Seriously, the last thing I would worry about with Lance Stephenson is that he's seen hanging around Broad Ripple crashing bars.
    Seriously..if all he is doing is going to bars...

  10. #33
    Member esabyrn333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Age
    37
    Posts
    697

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    I know I loved hitting up Broad Ripple back in my single days. My favorite part of Indy by far.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to esabyrn333 For This Useful Post:


  12. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,858
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In all honesty, I think his dad may be a big part of Lance's problem, and has been ... since he first picked up a basketball.. (maybe before)..

    They say a child is like a sponge, soaking up everything they see and hear ..



    I just got this nagging feeling that his dad is trying to live his own hoop dreams , through Lance.

    If anyone has seen the movie CB4 , he reminds me of a Tru$tus Jones .. lol
    You know, the type to make himself Lance's self appointed manager/confidant ..lol
    To put it in another way... kinda like a pimp .

    Get his dad out of his ear, and I think he will have a chance..

    Cause I am sure his pops is in his ear complaining "why aint u playin. you better than blah blah blah"
    and so on.. Trying to make Lance feel like he is entitled to playtime..
    He probably hears it constantly..


    If I am out of line , or wrong, I apologize .. I just feel there may be some legs to it ..
    His dad is a major problem from the times I've seen him he seems more like a best friend or a brother rather that a Dad. I talked to his dad a few times nice guy but does not seem like a disciplinarian the exact opposite of Danny Granger's dad.(Ive only met him a few times just my observation)
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 05-23-2011 at 11:39 PM.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  14. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,858
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously..if all he is doing is going to bars...
    Hitting up the bars that isn't a big deal most of the Pacers frequent clubs during the season.

    38th street would be bad news i go to school 5 miles from there not a good neighborhood.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 05-24-2011 at 12:26 AM.

  15. #36
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    i didn't even think about him not being 21, but he was just walking around the strip and on the side streets a bit with wife on arm. i say thats neat.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:


  17. #37

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    now Ur making up stuff. Even if he is hitting up the bars that isn't a big deal most of the Pacers frequent clubs during the season.

    38th street would be bad news i go to school 5 miles from there not a good neighborhood.
    I'm not making stuff up, I didn't suggest he was going into bars, but I was saying that if that's all he was doing then we're actually lucking out in Lance's choices for the summer.

    Going into bars..that's pretty typical.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  19. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,858
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not making stuff up, I didn't suggest he was going into bars, but I was saying that if that's all he was doing then we're actually lucking out in Lance's choices for the summer.

    Going into bars..that's pretty typical.
    o sorry i mis read i need sleep lol

  20. #39

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    Damn Lance, I'm really pulling for you. Between you and Paul George, you guys have the most talent from this draft. Take a note from him. Work your *** off, and prove you deserve to be on the floor.

    If Paul George and Lance Stephenson ever reach their full potentials with us, I believe we could bring the trophy back to Indy one day. Alot of ifs, but alot of young talent on our team.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post:


  22. #40
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,609

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm hoping Orlando Summer League doesn't get cancelled (reports only said Vegas), so I can try to make it out. I've still got my fingers crossed for no lockout.

    I've also got my other fingers crossed that Lancelot is keeping himself positively busy this summer, and will come out onto the court looking like a different player and person when the season eventually starts.
    You cant bro

    I used to live in Orlando, and the summer league is NOT open to the public

    which I think is really stupid by the way
    Sittin on top of the world!

  23. #41
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,609

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hitting up the bars that isn't a big deal most of the Pacers frequent clubs during the season.

    38th street would be bad news i go to school 5 miles from there not a good neighborhood.
    Prolly showin my age but back in the day I used to love friday nights on 38th street at the white castle

    of course nowadays its a bunch of little punks that cant fight and have to run and get a gun

    very sad times now
    Sittin on top of the world!

  24. #42
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,609

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not making stuff up, I didn't suggest he was going into bars, but I was saying that if that's all he was doing then we're actually lucking out in Lance's choices for the summer.

    Going into bars..that's pretty typical.
    AJ goes to bible study

    sorry sook couldnt resist , just playin
    Sittin on top of the world!

  25. #43
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,591

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is one of many reasons no summer league and a lock out will hurt. He needs a place to show off so the fan base will anoint him emperor of the known basketball universe and excoriate any coach or FO person who dares to not put him on the court as a starter for major minutes.
    Fixed.

    I don't particularly see Summer League as "structured".
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  26. #44
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,465

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    So, you would rather he be left to his own devises and not be with the team at all? Obviously summer league is not about the games. Do they really just show up and roll the ball out? No practices? No one on one skill sessions? Why would they spend the money if that is the way it is? If the teams didn't think it mattered the vets wouldn't show up.

  27. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,858
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, you would rather he be left to his own devises and not be with the team at all? Obviously summer league is not about the games. Do they really just show up and roll the ball out? No practices? No one on one skill sessions? Why would they spend the money if that is the way it is? If the teams didn't think it mattered the vets wouldn't show up.
    They have a week of practice with two or three guys who will make the name and the coach isn't gonna be a small time assist. They will run basic plays that are in every NBA playbook SL is fun to watch but not a lot is to be gained by the player.

  28. #46
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,137
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Just because I know everyone loves when his name comes up....

    The infatuation some have with Lance reminds me of Tropic Thunder...

    What's her name?.....Lance....Listen here Lance....Lance, what the **** did I just hear Lance?
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

Similar Threads

  1. Love's double-double run ends in Warriors loss [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2011, 11:00 PM
  2. OT: Sports Guy's daughter hates green, loves purple
    By Kegboy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 07:15 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 12:10 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 12:30 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 07:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •