Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Report: Cavs try to offer #4 pick for Rudy Gay

Default Re: Report: Cavs try to offer #4 pick for Rudy Gay

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The more I read about this Enes Kanter kid they more I think the Pacers need to pull out all the stops to get him. Dude apparently is the most physically fit big man of recent memory at the draft combine. He was only one of 5 players who lasted more than 21 minutes on the tread mill test. The only big man on the list infact. I think Pacer need to think about getting the #4 from Cleveland. If he is there. Kanter would make Roy expendable. We could then flip Roy to warriors for Monta. Warriors want a legit center I hear. Send Danny to Cleveland for the #4 and Anderson Verajao?
    You are going to have a hard time convincing people of Kanter because nobody has seen him play. All I heard was how great Cabbages was before they brought him over. I am not saying Kanter is not worth it. I am just saying he will be a hard sell.

I would really consider DG for the #4 and AV. Especially if we can pick up Mayo for the #15. That would add two more quality athletes to our team!

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    You are going to have a hard time convincing people of Kanter because nobody has seen him play. All I heard was how great Cabbages was before they brought him over. I am not saying Kanter is not worth it. I am just saying he will be a hard sell.

I would really consider DG for the #4 and AV. Especially if we can pick up Mayo for the #15. That would add two more quality athletes to our team!
    Yes Kanter hasn't played competitively for a year. But so far according to the draft combine they are saying this guy is NBA ready in terms of conditioning and size. Heck by the end of all this he might emerge as the #1. Talented bigs always go before guards.
    Yes Mayo would really round out our starting 5.

Collison/Price/Lance
    Mayo/Lance/ Jones/Rush
    George/Rush
    Kanter/Hansbrough
    AV/ Hibbert/ Foster
    Last edited by graphic-er; 05-24-2011 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Forgot about Roy.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Yes Mayo would really round out our starting 5.

Collison/Price/Lance
    Mayo/Lance/ Jones/Rush
    George/Rush
    Kanter/Hansbrough
    AV/ Foster
    "IF" Kanter is what some are saying (I have no idea), I would love to go into next season with that roster!

The whole thing hinges on Kanter. But we would still have Roy as well. One of them could be traded for even more talent - like a franchise point guard.

Being banned by NCAA certainly gives you time to prepare for draft combine.
    Kanter will show max physical numbers and he'll run around chairs like a beast. He had a year to prepare for it, a good chunk of it with Tim Grover. Huge advantage over other prospects.

Kanter may be nice, but I wouldn't want to blow up a young promising Pacers core for a guy who missed a year because he'd rather not play basketball than risk his draft stock with a Euro team. Unless Bird is totally sure he's the next Al Horford, which I'm far from sure of personally.

"IF" Kanter is what some are saying (I have no idea), I would love to go into next season with that roster!

The whole thing hinges on Kanter. But we would still have Roy as well. One of them could be traded for even more talent - like a franchise point guard.
    Roy for Curry?

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    Being banned by NCAA certainly gives you time to prepare for draft combine.
    Kanter will show max physical numbers and he'll run around chairs like a beast. He had a year to prepare for it, a good chunk of it with Tim Grover. Huge advantage over other prospects.

Kanter may be nice, but I wouldn't want to blow up a young promising Pacers core for a guy who missed a year because he'd rather not play basketball than risk his draft stock with a Euro team. Unless Bird is totally sure he's the next Al Horford, which I'm far from sure of personally.
    That's sort of where I am at as well. I would rather just keep big Roy. If DG is to be traded I would really be interested in a B. Roy and Mayo type deal and just add a big thru the draft.
    Last edited by troyc11a; 05-24-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Roy for Curry?
    I would rather not take the chance on Kanter. But "IF" he is as good as advertised, Curry and a first for Roy!

Roy would be worth a fortune on the market. 7'2 centers are not common! I would rather keep Roy and try to improve some other way if possible.

I would rather not take the chance on Kanter. But "IF" he is as good as advertised, Curry and a first for Roy!

Roy would be worth a fortune on the market. 7'2 centers are not common! I would rather keep Roy and try to improve some other way if possible.
    Yea Roy would probably get alot just because he is tall and skilled. But i actually think the NBA is trending away from Abnormally tall and lanky Big man and more towards hyper athletic Bigs that might be only 6'-10" to 7'. More mobile players.

With Granger gone and PG in the SF position, you need another SF. Rush isn't what I consider a SF, nor do I feel after 3 years is he the best to b/u PG at SF. I'd rather sign Dunleavy to a small contract as b/u SF, and trade Rush for a suitable one.

Yea Roy would probably get alot just because he is tall and skilled. But i actually think the NBA is trending away from Abnormally tall and lanky Big man and more towards hyper athletic Bigs that might be only 6'-10" to 7'. More mobile players.
    Just like how the NFL was supposed to move away from pocket passers huh? I heard the same thing you did I just think at the end of the day if big men are available they will be wanted. A few years ago when all that was being talked about there were no really good big men. Not really many now.

What Curry are we talking about? Dell Curry and a 1st for Roy Hibbert?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    With Granger gone and PG in the SF position, you need another SF. Rush isn't what I consider a SF, nor do I feel after 3 years is he the best to b/u PG at SF. I'd rather sign Dunleavy to a small contract as b/u SF, and trade Rush for a suitable one.
    I think Rush could play SF, all he wants to do is camp out in the corner and grab rebounds.

Stephen Curry is a 23 year sophomore point guard who was already - arguably - better than any Pacer this year. And he's on rookie scale for two more years.

You must value Roy really much if you want Curry and a first for him

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

If we made the aforementioned deals to get Kanter and trade for Curry and Mayo, then I would probably all for bringing Vogel back as coach. But if we keep Granger and start adding vets to make a run at being a perennial playoff team. I'd prefer Mike Brown.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Did I really read something a few post up from here suggesting the Warriors would give us Stephen Curry AND a first round pick for Roy Hibbert?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Did I really read something a few post up from here suggesting the Warriors would give us Stephen Curry AND a first round pick for Roy Hibbert?
    Some of these trades are WAY out in homerville Field.

Gay AND Mayo for Granger

Curry AND a 1st for Hibbert

Surely Solo Jones for John Wall is right around the corner?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to aaronb For This Useful Post:

Have to wonder what is Utah's likelyhood of drafting Kanter when they have Al Jeff and Milsap.

If they do draft Kanter we should offer Granger for Milsap and ..........Hayward!

What up quake!! We'd have Paul George and Hayward competing for the SF spot, making each other better.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 05-24-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronb View Post
    You can go over the cap to sign guys for league minimum. There is actually an MLE and a partial exemption under the current CBA.

Once again, I know this. But why would you want to waste any part of the MLE or another exemption, when you could add a player onto your roster without using them?

This way, you get the player you want in the deal, and keep all of your exemptions in full.

Either way, your original point that it couldn't happen because they are FAs was wrong. That's been my entire point.

Mood

Have to wonder what is Utah's likelyhood of drafting Kanter when they have Al Jeff and Milsap.
    Derrick Favors is more important to that franchise then those two. Those guys are better right now but Favors is there future. Kanter, Favors for the next decade would be very good. You could always trade those two.

Some of these trades are WAY out in homerville Field.

Gay AND Mayo for Granger

Curry AND a 1st for Hibbert

Surely Solo Jones for John Wall is right around the corner?
    Curry and a first is more because we dont need a pg and GSW need a Center. They need what we have more than we need what they have.
    Anyone with a brain can see that the Granger for Gay/Mayo helps Memphis much more than it does the Pacers. They get the best player in the trade AND save $33mill. Memphis would die to do that deal! Again they need Granger and savings more than we need Gay and Mayo.
    Last edited by troyc11a; 05-24-2011 at 01:33 PM.

What up quake!! We'd have Paul George and Hayward competing for the SF spot, making each other better.
    Smart GM's will draft the best player period regardless of what they need.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to troyc11a For This Useful Post:

Curry and a first is more because we dont need a pg and GSW need a Center. They need what we have more than we need what they have.
    Anyone with a brain can see that the Granger for Gay/Mayo helps Memphis much more than it does the Pacers. They get the best player in the trade AND save $33mill. Memphis would die to do that deal! Again they need Granger and savings more than we need Gay and Mayo.

WOW! So much is wrong here.

1) Gay is the best player of the Granger swap. Only way it's maybe possible is that Granger is owed a bit less money. And is the outside shooter they'd covet. No way Mayo comes in the deal as a throw in.

2) Curry is FAR AND AWAY the superior player to Hibbert. Only way those 2 are dealt in a deal involving the other is if WE add additional parts. Talent trumps needs in the NBA. Especially when we are talking about a top 50 guy in Curry and a top 200-250 guy in Hibbert.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aaronb For This Useful Post:

WOW! So much is wrong here.

1) Gay is the best player of the Granger swap. Only way it's maybe possible is that Granger is owed a bit less money. And is the outside shooter they'd covet. No way Mayo comes in the deal as a throw in.

2) Curry is FAR AND AWAY the superior player to Hibbert. Only way those 2 are dealt in a deal involving the other is if WE add additional parts. Talent trumps needs in the NBA. Especially when we are talking about a top 50 guy in Curry and a top 200-250 guy in Hibbert.
    Nobody is saying that the Curry/Hibbert deal is fair. I would not trade a 7'2 center for another pg when we already have one. Not interested in Curry.

You wont find 5 people in the world who will agree that B. Roy is better than Granger. No way at all. In order to trade Granger for Roy, Memphis must put in Mayo or no thanks. Memphis would do this deal any day of the week. The only question is whether the Pacers would pull the trigger.

Smart GM's will draft the best player period regardless of what they need.
    Did Kahn do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Did Kahn do this.
    Read the post again. I said "smart" GM's.
    Are you calling Kahn smart?