Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Report: Cavs try to offer #4 pick for Rudy Gay

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Report: Cavs try to offer #4 pick for Rudy Gay

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats a pretty good point there. But don't you think the Cavs will have to appear to save face and actually try to be good in the mean while being a small market team like Indiana? The overwhelming opinion in this city was the Pacers could not afford to a complete tear down and essentially embrace being terrible for 3-4 years.
    well we have been terrible for 5 years now and didn't completely tear it down. Dan Gilbert isn't moving the team and wants a title team and remember he was buying draft picks when he tried to trade for Rip and did trade for Bdiddy. Money isn't a issue for them. Even if they wanted to save face that isnt the way to do it adding a high draft pick is more exciting then adding a 27 yr old Granger. Who is a big improvement but he would only add a few wins in my opinion and they would still be a 25 win team. I would much rather watch a young core grow together if i am a Cleveland S&T holder even if they only win 15-25 wins you know you have a bright future ahead of you. I mean the sucked for years before LBJ and did fine so i think it wouldn't be a problem. I wish the Pacers would have done what the Cavs are doing now by rebuild the right way but whatever.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by aaronb View Post
    Because winning 32-36 games a year brings people out in droves!!!!
    I would much rather watch a 20 win team full of potential and high draft picks and talent then what we have field in 06-11 but that's just me i guess. With a chance to grow into title contenders in time.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 05-24-2011 at 03:16 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Cleveland was still 3rd in attendance this year.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance
    I think that was because they had to renew before they knew if Lebron was coming back. I bet they drop to bottom 5 next year, unles it was kind of 2 year requirement to re up last year.

Mood

The Pacers couldn't survive a complete rebuild because of the situation between the fan base and the players. That's not the case in Cleveland.

I would think Cavs fans would be far more receptive, and supportive, of a rebuilding process than what Pacer fans were from 2007-2011.

Well they did renew tickets before the "decision" so that should be down next year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They didn't sell 20,000 season tickets.

EDIT: http://www.businessinsider.com/did-l...veable-2010-11

That article pretty much sums it up. Sure, it was written in Nov 2010, but they held on to their attendance numbers. (When the article was written they were 2nd, they ended up 3rd)

I'm not saying they will keep that high of attendance through next year, and the future. I'm saying that the city, and fan base, rallied around the Cavs.

That's not what happened in Indianapolis. The Pacers were losing fans, while they were winning.
    Last edited by Since86; 05-24-2011 at 03:24 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

So then the Pacers only recourse to get Kanter would be a deal with Minny and Kahn..... Utah is interested in giving up one of their good players plus the #3 for Granger.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Pacers couldn't survive a complete rebuild because of the situation between the fan base and the players. That's not the case in Cleveland.

I would think Cavs fans would be far more receptive, and supportive, of a rebuilding process than what Pacer fans were from 2007-2011.

I definitely see that leveling out in the next few seasons.

I figured this past season a lot of people attended games just to show they were loyal to the team and the fact that they were still coming off seasons of having the best record.

Also, If you look at the seasons prior to Cleveland drafting LeBron, their attendance was way at the bottom so their fanbase is no different than Indy's.

For most teams, you just need to be a solid team making the playoffs to gain respect. No question the fanbase in Indy is one of the best. When its teams are competing and in the playoffs consistently, they are filling the building and are up and cheering and supportive fans.

Based on the numerous sources of TV ratings up and casual fans in Pacers gear again for the first time in years, that's great news for the future and what this team has become isn't going unnoticed.

Of course we still need a lot of work. Finishing with a record 8 games below .500 and still making the playoffs is just the luck of the East. We really need that one player who can lead this team. The supporting cast we have is young and has a great deal of potential so we can become a special team if we were to add Rudy Gay or Eric Gordon and Nene (2/3 players I'd like to have) along with a solid bench of Tyler best suited as a 6th man.
    Last edited by Trophy; 05-24-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Rudy is way over paid, he would cripple the Pacers making over 19mil for one year. He plays absolutely no defense, his 3pt shooting is mediocre. He is coming off a serious shoulder surgery which is bad beings the best part of his game is getting to the rim in somewhat ackward positions which isn't a good thing with his shoulder injury. The only way I'd take Rudy is for Posey, McRoberts, and cash of 17 mil spread over the next 4 years and that ain't happenen.
    LB brings that player in here I will throw up. Be like Dunleavey on roids? Except Rudy don't pass. Not again!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Rudy is way over paid, he would cripple the Pacers making over 19mil for one year. He plays absolutely no defense, his 3pt shooting is mediocre. He is coming off a serious shoulder surgery which is bad beings the best part of his game is getting to the rim in somewhat ackward positions which isn't a good thing with his shoulder injury. The only way I'd take Rudy is for Posey, McRoberts, and cash of 17 mil spread over the next 4 years and that ain't happenen.
    LB brings that player in here I will throw up. Be like Dunleavey on roids? Except Rudy don't pass. Not again!
    I suggested that Granger for Gay and Mayo might be something to consider and got destroyed by a couple guys claiming that was to lopsided in favor of the Pacers. I strongly believe as most will, that Granger is the best player of the three and the Grizz will save $33 mill. If that deal is offered, would Bird pull the trigger? I am not sure that is a good deal for the Pacers after considering it. Do you?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    I suggested that Granger for Gay and Mayo might be something to consider and got destroyed by a couple guys claiming that was to lopsided in favor of the Pacers. I strongly believe as most will, that Granger is the best player of the three and the Grizz will save $33 mill. If that deal is offered, would Bird pull the trigger? I am not sure that is a good deal for the Pacers after considering it. Do you?
    I thought the same thing except adding Mcroberts to the deal if they would still want him, it would make no difference to the Pacers. Then the $$$ still hit me in the head when I think.... yea that would be a good deal...$$bam$$.
    I think I'd rather keep Danny and work a deal for Mayo. Find another prospect to build a solid deep rotational team. Wear these teams down with strong constant 48 minutes, in your face BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    I thought the same thing except adding Mcroberts to the deal if they would still want him, it would make no difference to the Pacers. Then the $$$ still hit me in the head when I think.... yea that would be a good deal...$$bam$$.
    I think I'd rather keep Danny and work a deal for Mayo. Find another prospect to build a solid deep rotational team. Wear these teams down with strong constant 48 minutes, in your face BB.
    Yea, the money more than talent envolved convinced me. $33 mill is a lot of extra money to spend just to add Mayo. He would only be a back up anyway unless George regresses.

Mood

Chris Grant Cavs GM is on Jim Rome right now saying they are looking at all there options at #4 and are open to trading it for the right deal.

He also said Mike Brown is a very good defensive and offensive coach and whoever gets him is lucky.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

if Bird could pull of Millsap and #3 for just Granger...idk just wow.

Brandon Knight with #3?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post

Brandon Knight with #3?
    I think that trade makes a lot of sense for both sides. :evilgrin:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post

Brandon Knight with #3?
    That would be hard to turn down!

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    If we somehow can get Rudy Gay for Danny and what not, I don't care if we get OJ Mayo or not.

I would like to get Mayo to start at SG for now with Paul continuing to develop, but I'd settle with just getting Rudy for Danny and whatever other reasonable pieces Memphis would like as well.

This is probably the best scenario for both teams as far as improving and having better team chemistry.
    Correct on this, but am I wrong for saying we have seen Danny's best days already, and it is slowly down hill from him.

I can say confidently we have not even come close to see the best out of Rudy Gay or OJ Mayo. Not even close, Rudy Gay's talent is unbelievable.

He isn't Bron or Melo. But I believe he can come close to Durant, Gay potential really is that good.
    Last edited by lilojmayo; 05-26-2011 at 03:34 PM.

Durant has the potential to be one of the best scorers of all time, and you think Rudy Gay is on that level?

Durant is younger, and is already a better offensive player than Gay will ever be.