Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Jennings available?

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Brandon Jennings available?

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? If he is it's by a VERY slim margin. Darren has parts of his game that are superior to Jennings. He's faster and his assist numbers are better. Jennings scores more and gets more rebounds. It's not like Jennings is head and shoulders above DC if he is at all. In fact, they are extremely alike in a lot of ways.
    I do think it's by a slim margin. I think Jennings is clearly a better player. But I think it is close hence the "not worth it".

Truth be told, I don't think either one of them are very good.

They both have the same positives and negatives. And in both cases the negatives outweigh the positives in my eyes.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

HELL NO!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jennings has appeared in 145 career games. He's broken 30 points in 7 of them, including the 50+ pt game. Yeah, that just screams "elite scorer with a ton of upside" to me...
    I never said anything about elite scorer, so please don't quote me on that. Personally, I don't want an elite scorer as our PG. But yes, he does have tons of upside. The kid has the swagger that no one outside Inferno has on our squad.

Does he shoot a lot? Sure. Look at his team. He doesn't have a whole lot of options. No one knows for sure what type of player he would be with really good players around him. And his label as a chucker/shot maker is actually a good thing. It makes it so you can't sag off him, allowing him to get to the basket easily and create for others. This kid gets to the rim as easily as anyone in the league. Yes, ANYONE. Every time I watch us play him, I'm always thinking, KEEP HIM AWAY FROM THE RIM WITH HIS LEFT! But unfortunately, you can't. Once he figures it out, he could be a top 5 pg. I can't say the same for DC.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HickeyS2000 For This Useful Post:

Taking the Celtics five. michealwilliams4's Avatar

I was huge on Jennings coming out of the draft. I wanted him more than any player that was going to be in that 13 range.

However, the fact is...he's a detriment to his team right now. You can talk about all of Milwaukee's issues with Bogut and all that, but the simple fact is; how he went, the Bucks went. If he played well, the Bucks typically won. If he didn't, they lost. They were 10-3 in his 13 highest game scores ("best games") from last season, 1-21 in his 22 lowest game scores ("worst games," the lone win coming against the Nets with him playing just 11 minutes).

If he were a Pacer, there would be rumors about his availability and we'd likely be looking to move him. I'll pass. Cost vs. what he actually brings does not line up even if he is "better" than Collison, because he's not worth trading Collison (and more) for.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to michealwilliams4 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    DC and Brandon Jennings are pretty much the same type of player...I'll pass.
    They're both shoot-first point guards. The difference is, Collison can actually make a respectable percentage of the shots he takes.

Really?
    He's not a Pacers fan; he's a McRoberts fan. He believes in hyping up McBob by running the other Pacers down at every opportunity.
    Last edited by Jared Sullinger; 05-23-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    Vnzla81:

[1] I like the fact that you don't trust anybody that sucked in Europe. That should be a t-shirt. [2] Collison will be a veteran sooner than any point guard veteran becomes available via free agency.

I don't understand the lack of faith in Collison - I just don't. He may be 6'0", but he is the fastest player I have watched handle a basketball, yes that includes you Rondo. I had a coach who use to say, "Speed is the great equalizer." He may have had some ups and downs during the season, but he seemed to become more and more solid down the stretch.

If I were the Pacers, I would invest my money in other avenues. Clearly, the point guard position has been filled between Collison and Price. Anyone who disagrees with that must know the secret to acquiring Williams or Paul. The Pacers clearly need a shooting guard, power forward, and a pair of balls for Roy Hibbert.
    1. LOL
    2. Totally agree

jennings better than collison??? uhh no. jennings is one of, if not the worst team basketball player in the league.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

I haven't read the thread completely as I don't have time but I said he was garbage when he was a rookie and was fed crap for it a lot. Will be interesting to see if that's changed when I have time to really read this. I watched him a lot his rookie year and most people thought he was awesome from the 55 point game alone.

Contrary to belief his shooting problem isn't his jumper. Its his ability to make shots at the rim. He's worse than TJ Ford. Much harder to fix than a jump shot.

Wow I didn't think I would be alone here. I'll agree at this point DC is as good as Jennings. I'll agree that it's not worth getting rid of a core player (Hibbert, DG, PG, Hans), but if you could get him with DC + 15 + Rush or McBob (S&T?) then you have to heavily consider it. I can't pass on the upside. There is a lot of things wrong with his current situation in Milwaukee. I think he is one of those players with the right situation that could really flourish. I'm not sure if we are one of those teams right now. It's all about getting him to buy into the team concept.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    You guys are crazy. Give me Jennings any day. He is only 21 and has higher upside than DC. Europe is a different monster for young PGs. He had a down year last year, made worse by injuries to him and their best player, Bogut. I'm not so quick to forget about his upside or that 50 point game. I doubt I'm the first to say this, but Jennings will have a better career than DC.
    I tend to agree with this way of thinking

on the other hand, if above is true, why is he being shopped?

personal problems? Off court drama? or Bucks feel they wont have finances to resign him?
    Sittin on top of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I haven't read the thread completely as I don't have time but I said he was garbage when he was a rookie and was fed crap for it a lot. Will be interesting to see if that's changed when I have time to really read this. I watched him a lot his rookie year and most people thought he was awesome from the 55 point game alone.

Contrary to belief his shooting problem isn't his jumper. Its his ability to make shots at the rim. He's worse than TJ Ford. Much harder to fix than a jump shot.
    I guess I just haven't watched him as much as others have. Every time I see him play I see him hit plenty of layups at the rim, sometimes even spectacularly. I'm confident his layup problems are no where near the garbage I've seen TJ put up. I just don't get how everyone writes him off after 160 games in the league.

Jennings has appeared in 145 career games. He's broken 30 points in 7 of them, including the 50+ pt game. Yeah, that just screams "elite scorer with a ton of upside" to me...
    I detecting a large volume of sarcasm.

Jennings is so completely overrated. Do not want. If he at the very least played some elite defense, I would be somewhat interested, but I don't think he plays much defense at all.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Banned

I would trade Jennings straight up for DC maybe even Ad a draft pick, Brandon at least can pass the ball and he can play better D than DC.

He's a SG in a PG's body.

He did better as far as being a better PG in his rookie season than last season. Not a lot. He's been a bit of a ballhog for a PG for 2 straight years, but the Bucks issue is that they do lack leadership and are have too many overpaid, older players who look like they've run out of gas to get the Bucks anywhere like they did in 2010 and key guys have been hit with serious injuries that have thrown them off.

So as far as getting Jennings, I do not want him. I feel like DC is more of a PG than Jennings and has the potential to improve.

Like, REGGIE FOR 3!!! cgehlhausen4's Avatar

Jennings is a scorer not a pure point guard. DC is a pure point guard. That being said I think Jennings is more impactful to a basketball team. To the Pacers, I dont think he would make much impact because we have so many role playing spot up shooters. I think DC will improve next year, he needed time to get used to being a starter. If we could get jennings for a 2nd round pick+ McBob/foster/rush/price...then i think you pull the trigger.
    Craig "The Coon" Gehlhausen

Vnzla81:

[1] I like the fact that you don't trust anybody that sucked in Europe. That should be a t-shirt. [2] Collison will be a veteran sooner than any point guard veteran becomes available via free agency.

I don't understand the lack of faith in Collison - I just don't. He may be 6'0", but he is the fastest player I have watched handle a basketball, yes that includes you Rondo. I had a coach who use to say, "Speed is the great equalizer." He may have had some ups and downs during the season, but he seemed to become more and more solid down the stretch.

If I were the Pacers, I would invest my money in other avenues. Clearly, the point guard position has been filled between Collison and Price. Anyone who disagrees with that must know the secret to acquiring Williams or Paul. The Pacers clearly need a shooting guard, power forward, and a pair of balls for Roy Hibbert.
    I can buy into Collison filling that position.

Price, not so much.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by cgehlhausen4 View Post
    DC is a pure point guard.
    Mark Jackson was a pure PG. I think DC has more Jennings in him than Mark Jackson.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HickeyS2000 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cgehlhausen4 View Post
    Jennings is a scorer not a pure point guard. DC is a pure point guard. That being said I think Jennings is more impactful to a basketball team. To the Pacers, I dont think he would make much impact because we have so many role playing spot up shooters. I think DC will improve next year, he needed time to get used to being a starter. If we could get jennings for a 2nd round pick+ McBob/foster/rush/price...then i think you pull the trigger.
    DC is a pure point guard? Huh?

Collisions size will always make him a defensive liability. He's not bad, but there are clear things for people to have concerns about. If George needs to cover point guards then our PG better be tall enough to challenge a SG's perimeter shot.

At
    Vnzla81:

Mark Jackson was a pure PG. I think DC has more Jennings in him than Mark Jackson.
    Totally agree with that, but even then Collison, even at his most inefficient lows, is basically on par with Jennings during his average efficiency periods.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I agree.

If we're looking at a PG scale of Jennings vs. Jackson, DC definitely leans more towards Jennings.

If we're comparing DC and Jennings who is the more ideal PG, I'd pick DC.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    Collisions size will always make him a defensive liability. He's not bad, but there are clear things for people to have concerns about. If George needs to cover point guards then our PG better be tall enough to challenge a SG's perimeter shot.

At
    While Collison's size will always make him a defensive liability, its not the reason he struggles so much right now. His lack of lateral quickness needs to be worked on this off season. I can live with the guy having trouble against bigger PG's. But its the lateral speed that bothers me.

With that said, no thanks to Jennings.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

I don't necessarily want Jennings. But he's more fluid, explosive athlete
    than DC is.

Jennings is better than DC, just not that much so.

Every time I see him play I see him hit plenty of layups at the rim, sometimes even spectacularly. I'm confident his layup problems are no where near the garbage I've seen TJ put up.
    Here's a visual aid .... yeah .... This is just ugly.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post: