Thread: Boxing thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Boxing thread

I normaly watch a fight a week on HBO or Showtime tonight i am watcting a 46 year old Bernard Hopkins and i must say he still has it was a pretty decent card tonight with Jean Pascal vs B-Hop as the main event.

Looks like old man Hopkins might win

Mood

Default Re: Boxing thread

Hopkins makes history oldest Champion ever older than George Foreman by 100+ days

B Hop is the greatest defenseive fighter of his era.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 05-22-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Mood

So pumped for the Ortiz Mayweather I got Money in a decision

If Mayweather wins He has to fight Manny next it just has to happen anyway it should be a decent fight tonight.

Mayweather just cartoon KO'd Ortiz, Ortiz is a moron. The ref said fight, FIGHT!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mayweather just cartoon KO'd Ortiz, Ortiz is a moron. The ref said fight, FIGHT!
    Its a damn boxing match no less. Stop apologizing for your moronic head butt and fight.

Mayweather was gonna win no matter what. If the fight between him and Pac Man doesn't happen soon, well I was gonna say I'm never gonna watch boxing again, but I pretty much never watch it now so... Yeah just give us one good fight please.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Its a damn boxing match no less. Stop apologizing for your moronic head butt and fight.

Mayweather was gonna win no matter what. If the fight between him and Pac Man doesn't happen soon, well I was gonna say I'm never gonna watch boxing again, but I pretty much never watch it now so... Yeah just give us one good fight please.
    Ya it will happen there is no much money for it not too. It really should of happen 5 years ago and we should be on Mayweather Pacman 2 or 3 right now. If Mayweather refuses he wont have a legacy the only way he becomes a real legend is if he fights Pacman and beats him JMO. My favorite fight was read head Saul Alvarez versus Gomez. Gomez really fought well almost pulled the upset. Erik Morales and Pablo Cesar Cano was amazing sad that the ref had to stop it it was a hell of a battle by both men and they were both hurt. But the whole under card was very very good I though ever fight was good except the main event.

Floyd Mayweather's an undefeated title holder in FIVE weight classes. He can never fight again and he's a legend. I want to see Floyd vs Pac Man as much as anyone but he's more than earned the right to demand what he's asking from Pacquiao. He never fights him he's not going to be some forgotten fighter.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Floyd Mayweather's an undefeated title holder in FIVE weight classes. He can never fight again and he's a legend. I want to see Floyd vs Pac Man as much as anyone but he's more than earned the right to demand what he's asking from Pacquiao. He never fights him he's not going to be some forgotten fighter.
    His legacy would be tainted like Barry Bonds is. He has been fearing Pacman for way to long. He is already know as a guy who only picks fights he knows he can win. He is very very selective which is smart I guess but not great for fans. I feel we should be on Mayweather Pacman 3 not debating if we will ever get a 1. I mean yeas he will be known as a great fighter but his legacy would be tainted in my eyes. He is one of the greatest fighters i just dont know why he is afraid he needs to quit running and fight Pacman. Pacman just doesn't want to get blood tested on fight day. (i can understand that it is ridiculous to blood test someone on the day of the fight.) Mayweather needs to grow a pair and fight Manny.

One, comparing his legacy w/o a Pac fight to Bonds is beyond ridiculous. Comparing him to Hakeem or something could make sense, winning titles w/o beating the best could make sense, but BONDS? C'mon dude.

Two, I honestly have no dog in the fight between the two, but why's it ridiculous to get a blood test on fight day? I understand how some people could see it as Floyd dodging Pac and everything, and I'm sure that's a part of it (which is one of your rights as an undefeated multiple weight champ). Pac's made a pretty crazy rise up the ranks seemingly adding KO power at every stop along the way, Floyd fan or not you've got to understand some suspicion. Fight day blood tests are what they do in the Olympics, no?

Like I said, I want the fight as much as anyone but it's pretty odd to me how Floyd and his camp want to make the biggest boxing match in....at least a decade? unquestionably legitimate, a sport that's highly dubious in legitimacy, and he somehow gets painted as the bad guy.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 09-18-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Also, as Mark Jackson says, HAND DOWN, MAN DOWN! Just fits too well.