Thread: Pistons play well but lose to the Mavs in Dallas

Default Pistons play well but lose to the Mavs in Dallas

Watched the whole Pistons v Mavs game tonight.

Pistons led most of the game, but Dirk got hot and he stayed hot in fact he was unstoppable, he started the game 0 for 5 but then he went off.

Larry Brown either wants to kill Billups right now or trade him, perhaos both. Billups took a bad three point shot with about 25 seconds left and the pistons trailing by 3. I know larry did not want that.

Did you watch the game Kstat, sure you did

Default Re: Pistons play well but lose to the Mavs in Dallas

Billups took a bad three point shot with about 25 seconds left and the pistons trailing by 3. I know larry did not want that.
    but if he hit it, he would have been the hero again

I think I can hear Kstat being talked off the roof...

I think I can hear Kstat being talked off the roof...
    It's gotta be rough on him...They were beating the cr@p outta the mavericks...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Eh, Ive given up on this season.

Over the last 2 nights, I realized one thing: I EXPECTED us to lose. No matter what we did right, or how well we were playing, I knew in the fourth quarter the other team was going to make the right plays and we werent. We're simply not a very good team. After tonight I wash my hands of this team until next year. We can win 55 games beating up on crappy competition, cause thats all we play the last 2 months of the season. It wont make a difference when we play teams that arent in situations like ours.

Its been pretty much drilled into my head the last few weeks that we simply are playing for NEXT year. Larry Brown is a stopgap. We're in the process of unloading Corliss for expiring deals (Fizer/Gill). Our most talented passer in a PASSING-ORINTED OFFENSE is currently sitting on the bench for the season. Our GM is terrified of players in final contract years, so Mhemet Okur plays 28 minutes per game, in the hopes that nobody will notice how talented he is and outbid us for him. Rip Hamilton was in a similiar situation last year, and played 6 fewer minutes per game than he does now. Not to mention Bobby Sura and Chucky Atkins are simply keeping Carlos Delfino's spot warm for next season.

My expecations have dropped to that of simply getting out of the first round. I dont expect us to get any farther than that as we are now. All the signs point to 2005, 2004 is a throwaway year.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Lol...you shouldnt get your hopes down like that. It's only 2 losses....just wait until they start playing better again.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.