Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 45 of 45

Thread: Reggie Evans

  1. #26
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,603

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I take it you don't want to be a player in FA next year.
    Well yea, But lets get someone that will actually play for 90% + of the season and has alittle offensive ability. I don't want to lose all year either. A good solid pickup for the right price can still be traded without getting hurt. Not gonna trade Evans in a positive if need be. Just be another Posey.

  2. #27
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,424

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This past season (before injury) he was averaging 11.5 RPG in less than 27 minutes. He's arguably the best rebounder in the NBA not named Kevin Love.
    Has Dwight Howard vanished from the face of the earth all of a sudden?

  3. #28
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has Dwight Howard vanished from the face of the earth all of a sudden?

    Howard finished second in rebounding, but he was also the only guy on his team even trying on the boards and played nearly 40MPG to get it.

    Just my opinion, but I think Reggie is a better pure rebounder. Dwight's better at absolutely everything else though.

  4. #29
    He's going for three... mikeyism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    124

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    I remember reading somewhere that Reggie Evans NEVER pays attention in the huddle, now I notice it every time. He's usually watching the cheerleaders, the Jumbotron, pacing around, or just spacing out.

    4 points a game makes sense..he never knows what play they're running.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to mikeyism For This Useful Post:


  6. #30
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,603

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Howard finished second in rebounding, but he was also the only guy on his team even trying on the boards and played nearly 40MPG to get it.

    Just my opinion, but I think Reggie is a better pure rebounder. Dwight's better at absolutely everything else though.
    lololololololololololololololololololololololol

    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

  7. #31
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lololololololololololololololololololololololol

    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Career numbers:
    • Dwight Howard grabs 20.9% of available rebounds (21.8% last season)
    • Reggie Evans grabs 21.1% of available rebounds (25.6% last season)
    • Kevin Love grabs 22.2% of available rebounds (23.6% last season)

    But please, feel free to contribute nothing outside of dancing bananas.

  8. #32
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,603

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    lololololololololololololololololololololololol

    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Howard finished second in rebounding, but he was also the only guy on his team even trying on the boards and played nearly 40MPG to get it.

    Just my opinion, but I think Reggie is a better pure rebounder. Dwight's better at absolutely everything else though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lololololololololololololololololololololololol

    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Career numbers:
    • Dwight Howard grabs 20.9% of available rebounds (21.8% last season)
    • Reggie Evans grabs 21.1% of available rebounds (25.6% last season)
    • Kevin Love grabs 22.2% of available rebounds (23.6% last season)

    But please, feel free to contribute nothing outside of dancing bananas.
    lololololololololololololololololololololololol

    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

  9. #33
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Thank goodness for Pacers Digest user features.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #34
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,603

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank goodness for Pacers Digest user features.
    What are you smokin?

    Them 2 should never be in the same sentance when it comes to basketball comparisons, except for the fact they are both in the NBA.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...8/reggie-evans

    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/.../dwight-howard

  11. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,654
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It will be very frustrating and Bird will prolly be fired if Evans comes here. If Pacers stoop that low in free agency, we are doomed. He isn't an improvement. wow!
    WTF? larry would be fired lol? Isnt Larry the one who brought in solo jones that would be the very bottom. Reggie Evans is a major upgrade over solo and plays smashmouth b ball.

  12. #36
    Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,425

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Career numbers:
    • Dwight Howard grabs 20.9% of available rebounds (21.8% last season)
    • Reggie Evans grabs 21.1% of available rebounds (25.6% last season)
    • Kevin Love grabs 22.2% of available rebounds (23.6% last season)
    But please, feel free to contribute nothing outside of dancing bananas.
    I love stats. Actually, I love to shoot them down because it's the easiest thing in the world.

    Howard doesn't grab as many rebounds because the shots he blocks don't count as boards....and the shots he alters such that the player turns the ball over or the shot goes out of bounds doesn't count either. Then there's the fact teams are more likely to shoot from distance to avoid his reach, you have boards that are harder to grab by a guy in the paint like Dwight because the ball will bounce further off the rim.

    Great rebound stats though...
    LeWade are going down.

  13. #37
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    The only thing is you're talking volume, not percentage. I won't argue that Dwight is a better shotblocker and defender, but he doesn't pull in boards as efficiently as Evans does. That's why I would call Evans a better rebounder. Your analysis was well put though.

  14. #38
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,603

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WTF? larry would be fired lol? Isnt Larry the one who brought in solo jones that would be the very bottom. Reggie Evans is a major upgrade over solo and plays smashmouth b ball.

    JMO

    Solomon Jones had just turned 25 when he was signed. Pacers was way over the cap and for him to sign Solo was a good move at the time. Bird took a chance on him to continue developing. And Solo was thrown into playing center most of the time on that skinny frame. Solo is really a PF.

    Now, Pacers do not have a cap issue. If thats the type of talent he brings in having tons of options, He will be fired. He has no excusses now and he almost didn't have a job already.

    If Evans could stay healthy, then I might be some what ok with it. But, this isn't the case. He has only had 3 out of 10 decent seasons and one shouldn't count last years all time rebound effort. Someone up there in Toronto has to get some rebounds off all those missed FG's.

    I would rather have Bob back anyways if we can't do better then that.

  15. #39
    Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,425

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only thing is you're talking volume, not percentage. I won't argue that Dwight is a better shotblocker and defender, but he doesn't pull in boards as efficiently as Evans does. That's why I would call Evans a better rebounder. Your analysis was well put though.
    Part of this has to do that Evans focuses on rebounding and blocking his man out. Dwight focuses on protecting the rim and blocking shots. When you block shots, it puts you out of rebounding position. Both are great at what they do, but it's really hard to place value on these percentages when they bring completely different things to the game. For example, if Dwight blocked 20 shots a game I doubt anyone would complain about him only grabbing 5 boards. If he didn't block shots and focused solely on blocking his man out and grabbing rebounds I suspect his percentages would blow away Reggie's. If I'm right about that, what do these percentages really tell you? I guess technically they are correct but I don't know what to conclude from them.
    LeWade are going down.

  16. #40
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,603

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Part of this has to do that Evans focuses on rebounding and blocking his man out. Dwight focuses on protecting the rim and blocking shots. When you block shots, it puts you out of rebounding position. Both are great at what they do, but it's really hard to place value on these percentages when they bring completely different things to the game. For example, if Dwight blocked 20 shots a game I doubt anyone would complain about him only grabbing 5 boards. If he didn't block shots and focused solely on blocking his man out and grabbing rebounds I suspect his percentages would blow away Reggie's. If I'm right about that, what do these percentages really tell you? I guess technically they are correct but I don't know what to conclude from them.
    Very well put!

  17. #41
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    My takeaway is that Reggie is a fantastic rebounder and is more productive in that aspect of the game than Howard is. I definitely wouldn't want to imply anything more than that, but again your point is very well taken. That's why Dwight is a top-5 player in the league and Evans is simply a great rebounder.

  18. #42

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd put Kris Humphries above Reggie Evans.....but if Humphries isn't available ( who I want to go afte r), I'd be okay with Reggie Evans...for the right price.
    I do not want Humphries. Keep in mind that he posted the best season of his career in a contract year and on a team in which there was no legitimate PF depth. Let the Nets be the ones that make the mistake of overpaying him in FA, not us.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:


  20. #43
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,906

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do not want Humphries. Keep in mind that he posted the best season of his career in a contract year and on a team in which there was no legitimate PF depth. Let the Nets be the ones that make the mistake of overpaying him in FA, not us.
    We have no legitimate PF depth as well....we're filled with sub-par rebounders in Hansbrough and Hibbert.....what would prevent Humphries from doing the same thing that he did in NJ?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  21. #44
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,517

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    I think Humphries could make a solid starter, but the trick is not overpaying. That's complicated - as mentioned previously - by his contract year jump. I think at best we're talking 8/8 to 10/10 range + a block.

    Personally, I'd rather have a bit more scoring and/or shotblocking potential from my PF. However, if we get into a situation of looking to just add rebounding/toughness depth, I am not opposed. This is where the price comes in. Someone would likely offer him more than what I think he's worth. Hopefully not us.

    So, at a moderate price tag for what I think his production would be, I'd say fine. But what do you think he will command coming of last year?
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  22. #45
    Boom Baby! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,642

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Humphries could make a solid starter, but the trick is not overpaying. That's complicated - as mentioned previously - by his contract year jump. I think at best we're talking 8/8 to 10/10 range + a block.

    Personally, I'd rather have a bit more scoring and/or shotblocking potential from my PF. However, if we get into a situation of looking to just add rebounding/toughness depth, I am not opposed. This is where the price comes in. Someone would likely offer him more than what I think he's worth. Hopefully not us.

    So, at a moderate price tag for what I think his production would be, I'd say fine. But what do you think he will command coming of last year?
    And a few token appearances by Kim Kardashian! Git er done LB!

Similar Threads

  1. The Reggie Miller Chat 12/15/09
    By theboyjwo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 04:49 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 03:20 PM
  3. Goodbye Reggie...
    By Bball in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 01:47 AM
  4. Bball's take on Reggie and last night
    By Bball in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 10:22 AM
  5. 3/9/2004 Game Thread: Raptors at Pacers
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 01:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •