Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: Reggie Evans

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Reggie Evans

    He's a free agent and one of the best rebounders in the NBA. He's not going to make us a contender, but if we're looking at bringing in a low-cost veteran big, I'd love to have him around.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OakMoses For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,542

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's a free agent and one of the best rebounders in the NBA. He's not going to make us a contender, but if we're looking at bringing in a low-cost veteran big, I'd love to have him around.
    Bingo! I'd rather give Evans a decent veteran contract than draft Faried.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,835
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Faried is gonna play just like Reggie would love to add reggie he is a beast on the boards

  6. #4
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Well, he would definitely fit into the "smashmouth" approach. I'm not totally opposed to it, at the right price, of course. I'd rather keep Foster than pick up Evans though.

  7. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,835
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, he would definitely fit into the "smashmouth" approach. I'm not totally opposed to it, at the right price, of course. I'd rather keep Foster than pick up Evans though.
    why not both?

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why not both?
    Not opposed to that, but if price dictated picking one over the other, I prefer Foster.

  10. #7
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,490

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    He'd be a nice Foster replacement, Jeff's better. It would be hard to have both, you limit yourself offensively and you couldn't play them together, imo. I like him, you can win with guys like him.

  11. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,835
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'd be a nice Foster replacement, Jeff's better. It would be hard to have both, you limit yourself offensively and you couldn't play them together, imo. I like him, you can win with guys like him.
    Reggie plays mostly the PF would be a good fit playing with Hibbert 15mpg

  12. #9
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,951

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    I still think of Evans as the beast he was at Iowa. I know he's getting up there, though, don't know if he can bring it like that anymore.

    Regardless of if it's Foster, Evans, Faried, whoever, we need someone who will fill that role.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,706

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Reggie gets his hands on a lot of balls.

  15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  16. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West Lafayette/Indianapolis
    Posts
    147

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    I'm glad someone else brought his name up. He is far from glamorous, but he is the closest thing to a foster replacement that I can think of in free agency. He is probably the best rebounder per 36 in the league. If nothing else, he is a hell of an upgrade from solo.

  17. #12

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    If nothing else, he is a hell of an upgrade from solo.

    Who isn't? There are D-Leaguers who are upgrades over Solo.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  19. #13
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,490

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reggie gets his hands on a lot of balls.
    Somewhere Chris Kaman is nodding his head.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  21. #14
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,359

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reggie gets his hands on a lot of balls.
    That's what HE said!
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  22. #15
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,967

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    he is to grabby for me..

    Although a good rebounder,

    If he grabbed rebounds as well as he grabbed nuts , he'd be an elite superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  23. #16
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he is to grabby for me..

    Although a good rebounder,

    If he grabbed rebounds as well as he grabbed nuts , he'd be an elite superstar

    This past season (before injury) he was averaging 11.5 RPG in less than 27 minutes. He's arguably the best rebounder in the NBA not named Kevin Love.

  24. #17
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,359

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This past season (before injury) he was averaging 11.5 RPG in less than 27 minutes. He's arguably the best rebounder in the NBA not named Kevin Love.
    I'd put Kris Humphries above Reggie Evans.....but if Humphries isn't available ( who I want to go afte r), I'd be okay with Reggie Evans...for the right price.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  25. #18
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd put Kris Humphries above Reggie Evans.....but if Humphries isn't available ( who I want to go afte r), I'd be okay with Reggie Evans...for the right price.

    Hump is probably going to cost 3x-4x what Evans does (assuming he will get about twice the salary and probably twice the years as well due to the age difference).

  26. #19
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,359

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hump is probably going to cost 3x-4x what Evans does (assuming he will get about twice the salary and probably twice the years as well due to the age difference).
    I have ZERO problems spending $$$ on a Rebounding Big Man like Humphries that's essentially a younger and better shotblocking version of Foster. Depending on what we do at the Starting PF spot...I'd easily offer him some $7.5 to 8.5 mil a year long term contract. He was easily the 5th best Rebounder last season ( 3rd best Rebounder where he averaged 14/14/1.6bpg in 35 mpg after the ASB ) and is 27 years old.

    But, to your point.....if Reggie Evans could be had for $3 to 4 mil, I'd have no problem signing him. But then I'd rather draft Fariad....both are 6'8" and are rebounding specialist where one is a much better shotblocker then the other.

    If we are going to stick to the whole "Smashmouth" style of play that we used in the Playoffs.....the Reggie Evans is the type of Player that you want on your Team....I seem to recall that he's known as a dirty Player at times.
    Last edited by CableKC; 05-19-2011 at 07:34 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  27. #20

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd put Kris Humphries above Reggie Evans.....but if Humphries isn't available ( who I want to go afte r), I'd be okay with Reggie Evans...for the right price.
    I do not want Humphries. Keep in mind that he posted the best season of his career in a contract year and on a team in which there was no legitimate PF depth. Let the Nets be the ones that make the mistake of overpaying him in FA, not us.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:


  29. #21
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,359

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do not want Humphries. Keep in mind that he posted the best season of his career in a contract year and on a team in which there was no legitimate PF depth. Let the Nets be the ones that make the mistake of overpaying him in FA, not us.
    We have no legitimate PF depth as well....we're filled with sub-par rebounders in Hansbrough and Hibbert.....what would prevent Humphries from doing the same thing that he did in NJ?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  30. #22
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,542

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This past season (before injury) he was averaging 11.5 RPG in less than 27 minutes. He's arguably the best rebounder in the NBA not named Kevin Love.
    Has Dwight Howard vanished from the face of the earth all of a sudden?

  31. #23
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has Dwight Howard vanished from the face of the earth all of a sudden?

    Howard finished second in rebounding, but he was also the only guy on his team even trying on the boards and played nearly 40MPG to get it.

    Just my opinion, but I think Reggie is a better pure rebounder. Dwight's better at absolutely everything else though.

  32. #24
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,744

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Howard finished second in rebounding, but he was also the only guy on his team even trying on the boards and played nearly 40MPG to get it.

    Just my opinion, but I think Reggie is a better pure rebounder. Dwight's better at absolutely everything else though.
    lololololololololololololololololololololololol

    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

  33. #25
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Evans

    I'm truly surprised that it took 10 post before Reggie Evans nut ball snatching abilities came into question.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. The Reggie Miller Chat 12/15/09
    By theboyjwo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 04:49 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 03:20 PM
  3. Goodbye Reggie...
    By Bball in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 01:47 AM
  4. Bball's take on Reggie and last night
    By Bball in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 10:22 AM
  5. 3/9/2004 Game Thread: Raptors at Pacers
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 01:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •