Thread: For fun: comparison of two of Wade's season vs Rose

Default For fun: comparison of two of Wade's season vs Rose

Not to take away from Rose's MVP season or anything, I think he deserved it... but I just noticed that Wade had two seasons that were far more productive..

08-09 Wade

30.2 ppg 7.5 apg 5.0 rpg 2.2 stl 1.3 blk .574%

10-11

25.0 ppg 7.7 apg 4.1 rpg 1.0 stl .6 blk .550%

06-07 Wade

27.4 ppg 7.5 apg 4.7 rpg 2.1 stl 1.2 blk .583%

Default Re: For fun: comparison of two of Wade's season vs Rose

I don't think there's a question that Wade is a better player than Rose. Rose won because he had a nice story and they won a couple more games. Sportswriters vote for the story, not for the player.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rose was obviously a deserving NBA, but I don't think I've ever seen a player crowned MVP so early on with no other candidates even mentioned. Listening to the D-Rose hype, you'd think no other player in the league had an MVP quality season.

While you're at it, mattie, you should list the 10 or so seasons Kobe has had that were just as MVP-worthy as Rose's this year.

I know that DRose deserves the MVP, but I believe there are more deserving players to win that award this year. It's just sad that more than individual performances, the media hype plays a larger role in MVP selection. If I were to choose the MVP, it's a toss-up between Dwight Howard, LeBron James or Dwyane Wade. Dwight simply was a victim of his team finishing 4th in the East, and LeBron and Wade suffered their chances on the eyes of the media by playing together on one team.

if the MVP was actually voted the way its suppose to then Lebron should have won it this year. Look at Cleveland when he left

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rose deserved it, I don't care what the numbers are.

Lebron had Wade, and Wade had Lebron. It's hard to win MVP when 2 stars carry a team to less wins than a single star on a team with injuries all around him to other starters.

Dwight can't finish a game because he has to hide from the ball to keep from getting to the FT line at the end of games. Not to mention his team didn't have near the success of the Bulls.

This had nothing to do with hype from the media. Rose deserved it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

I'd argue that Thibodeau's defensive schemes are a bigger reason for Chicago's success this year than Derrick Rose.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dwight can't finish a game because he has to hide from the ball to keep from getting to the FT line at the end of games.
    This seems like kind of an arbitrary reason to deny MVP awards. You're essentially barring centers and power forwards. Did you not think Shaq or Duncan were deserving of their MVPs?

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Rose deserved it, I don't care what the numbers are.

Lebron had Wade, and Wade had Lebron. It's hard to win MVP when 2 stars carry a team to less wins than a single star on a team with injuries all around him to other starters.

Dwight can't finish a game because he has to hide from the ball to keep from getting to the FT line at the end of games. Not to mention his team didn't have near the success of the Bulls.

This had nothing to do with hype from the media. Rose deserved it.

Chicago won more because of their stifling defense. While DRose carried the scoring of the Bulls, it's his teammates' very strong defense that have propelled them to 60+ wins. Rose was already a scoring machine last year so the defense is the main reason why they're #1 this year as compared to #8 last year.

As for Dwight, he recognizes his weakness (FT shooting), but that does not mean he's MVP worthy. Centers and other big men are known to be bad FT shooters for some reason, but it didn't stop Shaq, Duncan and other for winning season MVPs. Individually, he's been a monster on offense and defense. He's doing more on both ends as compared to what Rose is doing for his team.

As for LeBron and Wade, Jordan won MVP awards even if he's playing with a fellow all-star, Scottie Pippen.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not sure what this thread is even about, but I'd take D.Rose over D.Wade right now if I had the choice.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Not sure what this thread is even about, but I'd take D.Rose over D.Wade right now if I had the choice.
    For fun: comparison of two of Wade's season vs Rose

A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Rose got his MVP a year or two early. He's good and all, but he just became the youngest MVP ever, and I just don't see that.
    PG24: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

RT @Hoya2aPacer "When I play this game I love. I play to make my teammates better. But I'm a mouther****er on defense."

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    I would too considering the age difference. If that weren't a factor though, I'd easily take Wade.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Rose deserved it, but I can't help but think Lebron deserved it more. You're telling me Wade/Bosh and the Heat pu-pu platter is in the eastern conference finals without Lebron? I'm not buying that.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

i think that rose deserved the award. his team had the best record in the NBA, and after watching him destroy us in the playoffs, you could argue Rose is just as good as Wade or Lebron. I wouldn't say Rose is better than those guys yet, but it is pretty close. Besides, the MVP award does have a history of going to the player that wasn't the top guy in the NBA. The talking heads in the media will vote on guys for the story. Karl Malone in 1997 and Charles Barkley in 1993 both have MVP's that should have gone to Michael Jordan. MJ won so many awards, the media felt compelled to give it to other guys. Steve Nash won the award twice in 04-05 and 05-06 when he wasn't the top guy in either year when he won. Kobe averaged almost 35 points a game in 2005-2006, which was historic somehow.

Did Rose really destroy us? I mean through games 2-4 he shot like 33% from the field.

I think we lost to the Bulls because Gibson had some key plays, Deng matched Granger pretty well and Roy was virtually non-existent for most of the series. Also DC's injury slowed him down I think.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think I remember seeing an interview of Rose saying it was a goal of his this year, that he set out to win the MVP this year from the beginning of the season. Wade probly never really went into a season saying "I'm going to shoot for the MVP this year."

That probly has a lot to do with it. The MVP is more of a campaign than anything...
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

We won 1 game against the Bulls, when Rose happened to not go to the line 20 times. Believe it or not, he did kill us... mostly because free throw attempts made up for his bad effective field goal shooting.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't have a problem with Rose winning the MVP this season because he had to play without one and sometimes 2 of his best big-men (Noah and Boozer) for 54 games. They still won 62 games and it was because of DRose.

I don't really like the MVP award because the voters have a tendency to just vote for the best player on the best team when sometimes that player isn't as deserving. Steve Nash winning the MVP twice is the greatest example. There is no way he was more deserving than Kobe in 2006, the year he scored 81 points, averaged 35.4 points per game, and lead a team starting Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, and Luke Walton to 45 wins.

http://forums.interbasket.net/f6/nas...r-mvp-what-80/

Bias really plays a major factor too. Consider how 9 voters didn't vote for Lebron at all this season as a top 3 player (each voter picks their top 3 players ranked 1-3). That had to be because of bias.
    Last edited by naptownmenace; 05-19-2011 at 12:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Did Rose really destroy us? I mean through games 2-4 he shot like 33% from the field.

I think we lost to the Bulls because Gibson had some key plays, Deng matched Granger pretty well and Roy was virtually non-existent for most of the series. Also DC's injury slowed him down I think.
    ...and Kyle Korver hit some timely three pointers that buried us.

Can anyone disagree with this statement: Paul George defended Derrick Rose better than anyone else thus far in the playoffs.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post: