Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 168

Thread: Lets draft Jimmer!

  1. #1
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,022

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Lets draft Jimmer!

    we need a reliable outside shooter. besides Granger, our team really lacks any kind of consistent threat from behind the arc. Bird said that he wants our bench better, and in this weak draft, selecting a spark off the bench isn't too bad at 15. Jimmer can get hot and give our offense the extra bump that we were lacking in the Chicago series.

  2. #2
    "I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,533

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    Let's draft someone useful!

  3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  4. #3

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    He's not gonna be there at fifteen or wherever we are. The Jazz have two picks in the lottery.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    It wouldn't offend me if we took a chance on him at 15. He might be there if he slips past Phoenix at 13.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,022

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's draft someone useful!
    how isn't Jimmer useful? i would consider someone who lead his college team to a 34 - 5 record rather useful.

  9. #6
    "I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,533

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    I don't picture Jimmer amounting to a lot in the NBA, although Phoenix would be as good a fit as any where.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Member wseward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    25
    Posts
    74

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't picture Jimmer amounting to a lot in the NBA, although Phoenix would be as good a fit as any where.
    What about Jimmer makes you think he wont "amount" to anything in the NBA???

  12. #8
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,022

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't picture Jimmer amounting to a lot in the NBA, although Phoenix would be as good a fit as any where.
    those same things were said about Tyler Hansbrough.

  13. #9
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,409
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    I don't think he'll be much of a NBA player, but I'd have to take a chance on him at 15.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  14. #10
    "I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,533

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    Quote Originally Posted by wseward View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about Jimmer makes you think he wont "amount" to anything in the NBA???
    I said "a lot." He could be a nice scorer possibly, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaas0532 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    those same things were said about Tyler Hansbrough.
    ...basically this. Except not every one is Tyler.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  16. #11
    Member wseward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    25
    Posts
    74

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said "a lot." He could be a nice scorer possibly, but...



    ...basically this. Except not every one is Tyler.
    then what are your expectations for him?

  17. #12
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,543

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    I think most people would say Jimmer doesn't seem like a future All-Star.

    But I think he'll be pretty good. Guys that are lights out shooters always have a place in this league.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  19. #13
    "I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,533

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    Jimmer? Few, if any. I think he will turn out more like Morrison than Hansbrough.

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  21. #14
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,009

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    Quote Originally Posted by wseward View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    then what are your expectations for him?
    Cabbage!

  22. #15
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,039

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    I'd do it. His range is ridiculous. He's going to score in the NBA. We're talking about a guy who avg'd almost 29 pts a game last year. The number of 30, 40, even 50 point games by this guy is hard to look past.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  23. #16
    Brains of the Operation.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    On the Westside
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    I think someone will take a flyer on him prior to our pick. I for one, would rather trade out of this draft. The 15th pick is a real crap-shoot and I think we can make better use of the roster spot.

  24. #17
    Member wseward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    25
    Posts
    74

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jimmer? Few, if any. I think he will turn out more like Morrison than Hansbrough.
    I think your completely wrong.

    -Jimmer has much greater range and accuracy than Adam.

    -Jimmer will also be able to get his shot off at his position, he won't have 6'8" guys closing in on him

    -Jimmer doesn't depend on getting to the free throw line to score like Morrison did. A lot of Morrison's offensive inefficiency came from his inability to get to the line.

    - Jimmer can also get his shot off whenever he wants, go watch some of highlights and you will see him knockdown a number of off-balance mid-range shots. Jimmer can shoot off-dribble, off of screens, or catch and shoot.

    -Both Morrison and Jimmer are horrible defenders, no argument there.

    Basically Jimmer has the ability to play against NBA defenders, because of his shot making ability.

  25. #18
    "I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,533

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    Quote Originally Posted by wseward View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think your completely wrong.

    -Jimmer has much greater range and accuracy than Adam.

    -Jimmer will also be able to get his shot off at his position, he won't have 6'8" guys closing in on him

    -Jimmer doesn't depend on getting to the free throw line to score like Morrison did. A lot of Morrison's offensive inefficiency came from his inability to get to the line.

    - Jimmer can also get his shot off whenever he wants, go watch some of highlights and you will see him knockdown a number of off-balance mid-range shots. Jimmer can shoot off-dribble, off of screens, or catch and shoot.

    -Both Morrison and Jimmer are horrible defenders, no argument there.

    Basically Jimmer has the ability to play against NBA defenders, because of his shot making ability.
    I don't argue that he will likely be better off than Adam, I am just saying as far as career productivity goes, it will be more like Morrison than Tyler so far.

  26. #19
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,022

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jimmer? Few, if any. I think he will turn out more like Morrison than Hansbrough.
    lol. every white guy that busts in the nba will be compared to adam morrison. morrison was picked number 3. Jimmer isn't going that high bro.

  27. #20
    Member wseward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    25
    Posts
    74

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't argue that he will likely be better off than Adam, I am just saying as far as career productivity goes, it will be more like Morrison than Tyler so far.
    Well considering Adam hasn't been productive at all and has been obsolete, I don't get your argument. Jimmer will be a solid rotational PG in the league, very similar to Hansborough or any other rotational PG.

  28. #21
    Member skyfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,555

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't argue that he will likely be better off than Adam, I am just saying as far as career productivity goes, it will be more like Morrison than Tyler so far.
    NBA Champion?

  29. #22
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,358

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    to go back real oldschool,

    let's not and say we did

    edit: to actually add some substance, i think what we need, given DC as the starter, is a backup point that is tall, strong, quick, and can play D--whatever Jimmer's strengths are, this does not describe him. i don't think anyone sees Jimmer as a 2, right?
    Last edited by dal9; 05-18-2011 at 11:02 PM.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:


  31. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,661
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't argue that he will likely be better off than Adam, I am just saying as far as career productivity goes, it will be more like Morrison than Tyler so far.
    Before Morrison tore his ACL he was decent in the NBA put up good numbers as a rookie then the injury happen. Adam was on his way to being a good player in this league his rookie year he put up just as good of numers as Tyler did this year. He was a less efficent shooting a terrible 37%. I just dont think it is fair to compare him once he injured his ACL his career was done. He just wasnt athletic enoght after recoving from surgry to be good anymore.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 05-18-2011 at 10:19 PM.

  32. #24
    "I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,533

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    Quote Originally Posted by wseward View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well considering Adam hasn't been productive at all and has been obsolete, I don't get your argument. Jimmer will be a solid rotational PG in the league, very similar to Hansborough or any other rotational PG.
    That is my argument.

  33. #25
    "I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,533

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lets draft Jimmer!

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Before Morrison tore his ACL he was decent in the NBA put up good numbers as a rookie then the injury happen. Adam was on his way to being a good player in this league his rookie year he put up just as good of numers as Tyler did this year. I just dont think it is fair to compare him once he injured his ACL his career was ton. He just wasnt athletic enoght after recoving from surgry to be good anymore.
    Jimmer is not particularly athletic now. Sorry, I just don't see him being any thing special.

Similar Threads

  1. Could someone with ESPN insider post this article
    By dannygranger in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 08:36 AM
  2. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 4
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 08:33 PM
  3. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 2
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 09:42 PM
  4. The PD NBA Draft
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 04:55 PM
  5. 3/12/2004
    By Ragnar in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 03:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •