Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger / Kanter

Default Danny Granger / Kanter

We know Kanter is the best in nbadraft this year.
    He remind me about TIM DUNCAN type of player on the court(20+,10+)

Trade 3rd pick from JEZZ and take Kanter.
    On small forward position, we have paul to fill in. He will be better player than granger.

Take the risk, but reward...
    Last edited by Kamiyohk; 05-18-2011 at 12:46 AM.

Default Re: Danny Granger / Kenter

Jezz? Kenter? Really?...

It's Kanter, and the trade wouldn't work straight up.

Now if the Jazz came to us and offered Devin Harris, CJ Miles, and the 3rd pick, I'd have to think about that one.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Follow me at @Bluejbgold

5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Constellations For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Danny Granger / Kanter

international players have been a let down in recent drafts.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kamiyohk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We know Kanter is the best in nbadraft this year.
    He remind me about TIM DUNCAN type of player on the court(20+,10+)

Trade 3rd pick from JEZZ and take Kanter.
    On small forward position, we have paul to fill in. He will be better player than granger.

Take the risk, but reward...
    That is a bold comparison and proposed move for a guy we have barely seen play.

How do we know that he isn't going to do the same thing Ricky Rubio did?

For all we know, this guy could be the next Brezec.

Sports Logo

I could be wrong...but I thought I heard that Kanter has only played in the Nike Summit recently and that he hasn't really played too much over the last year. Does he play in some Euro League Team or something?

As for trading Granger for an unproven talent that is 19 years old....pass. We are either moving forward.....making a lateral move....but not backwards.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I could be wrong...but I thought I heard that Kanter has only played in the Nike Summit recently and that he hasn't really played too much over the last year. Does he play in some Euro League Team or something?

As for trading Granger for an unproven talent that is 19 years old....pass. We are either moving forward.....making a lateral move....but not backwards.
    Passed on Euroleague contract to play in NCAA. Was ruled ineligible by NCAA (due to ridiculously small benefits from his Euroleague team - housing, per diem, etc).
    Still, prefered to sit out and train in US instead of commiting to multiyear deal in Europe.

To me, it's the exact opposite of Rubio. He was willing to lose a year of games just to come to NBA faster.
    As for a trade - pass. Unless Bird sees so much in workouts that he falls in love. In that case, Ill trust Bird's draft instincts.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    Passed on Euroleague contract to play in NCAA. Was ruled ineligible by NCAA (due to ridiculously small benefits from his Euroleague team - housing, per diem, etc).
    Still, prefered to sit out and train in US instead of commiting to multiyear deal in Europe.

To me, it's the exact opposite of Rubio. He was willing to lose a year of games just to come to NBA faster.
    As for a trade - pass. Unless Bird sees so much in workouts that he falls in love. In that case, Ill trust Bird's draft instincts.
    Pass on the proposed trade, but a BIG "yes, please" on trying to move up and get Kanter by offering something like our own 2011 1st rounder, Brandon Rush and one (and if needed more) future second rounders. I doubt that would be enough, but I have no idea what would be reasonable to offer for him. I guess it all depends on when he's still on the board. IF he's still there at pick 6 or 7 I think he's definitely worth moving up for.

I do know I would LOVE the Pacers to get their hands on this guy.
    Last edited by Mourning; 05-18-2011 at 07:36 AM. Reason: grammar correction
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Can we throw this to the trade proposal thread please?

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we trade for Kanter, we better trade Granger to get him.

Granger won't want to play with him. He smells.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MrHale View Post
    Jezz? Kenter? Really?...
    He is from Hong Kong bro.

I do not want to trade a player that is a known commodity for a player who has not played 5 on 5 in front of scouts since the 2010 Nike Summit.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Yeah, let's totally trade for a guy who hasn't played competitive basketball for an entire year. There's no way that back fires. And better yet let's trade our leading scorer for him!

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Yeah, let's totally trade for a guy who hasn't played competitive basketball for an entire year. There's no way that back fires. And better yet let's trade our leading scorer for him!
    It sounds like an amazing idea to trade our leading scorer and best player for a guy who had one good game at the Nike camp and has not played competitive basketball for an entire year! Sounds like a cannot miss prospect.

There is no way that Paul George will be ready to step up and be our leading scorer and best player on the team. This would be a terrible move and set us back.

Only way I would be willing to move Granger is if we could get a monster at PF other then that I say keep him here.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MrHale View Post
    Jezz? Kenter? Really?...
    Looks like someone's "A" and "E" keys got swapped...

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    It sounds like an amazing idea to trade our leading scorer and best player for a guy who had one good game at the Nike camp and has not played competitive basketball for an entire year! Sounds like a cannot miss prospect.
    I wouldn't do the trade either, but Kanter has done more then just have one good game and, yes, he's a very good prospect. It would be great if we could add him without having to give up Granger, George, Hibbert, Collison or Tyler.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

In my opinion Danny's loyalty, salary, attitude, toughness, scoring ability, and other intangibles make him almost untradeable for this franchise. Danny will always fit in to whatever we do. And he's not the type that will rock the boat if Paul George becomes a bigger star. You only trade Danny if it's a no brainer!

I think it would be dumb of Bird to Trade Danny for an unknown, an I respect Bird's basketball genius. The only unknown that I've thought might be worth trading Danny for was Derrick Rose, and that was because he was university thought by basketball people to have the chance to be the next great point guard.

As for moving Paul to small forward, I think that's dumb. He can guard Rose which means he can guard anyone in the back court. We've had trouble for years stopping dribble penetration and now that we have someone that has a chance to do that, people want to move him to small forward? Bah Humbug to that! I like Paul right where he's at as starting shooting guard.

I think 95% of the posters on here would make lousy GM's, because it's like trading cards to them. I could see Bird trading Danny if he was trading him for someone that would put us over the top and make us a contender. Someone of proven ability in the NBA. Trading an established star like Danny for an unknown is just something you don't normally do.

We need to keep adding pieces, not look for trades for our best player. No to Kanter.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Trade our best player and leading scorer for a guy who has not played competitive BB in over a year? No way!

Hey, I just remembered that we already have a 7'2 center. What was his name again? No I am not talking about Greg Dreiling either. It will come to me.

Banned

Kanter does look quite tantalizing in the clips I've seen of him. I think his upside is every bit as high as Irving's and Williams'. I wouldn't move Granger for him, no, but if we could find a way to move into the top-five, I'd have no problem with us taking him.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Danny Granger / Kanter

[B]
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    In my opinion Danny's loyalty, salary, attitude, toughness, scoring ability, and other intangibles make him almost untradeable for this franchise. Danny will always fit in to whatever we do. And he's not the type that will rock the boat if Paul George becomes a bigger star. You only trade Danny if it's a no brainer!

I think it would be dumb of Bird to Trade Danny for an unknown, an I respect Bird's basketball genius. The only unknown that I've thought might be worth trading Danny for was Derrick Rose, and that was because he was university thought by basketball people to have the chance to be the next great point guard.

As for moving Paul to small forward, I think that's dumb. He can guard Rose which means he can guard anyone in the back court. We've had trouble for years stopping dribble penetration and now that we have someone that has a chance to do that, people want to move him to small forward? Bah Humbug to that! I like Paul right where he's at as starting shooting guard.

I think 95% of the posters on here would make lousy GM's, because it's like trading cards to them. I could see Bird trading Danny if he was trading him for someone that would put us over the top and make us a contender. Someone of proven ability in the NBA. Trading an established star like Danny for an unknown is just something you don't normally do.

We need to keep adding pieces, not look for trades for our best player. No to Kanter.
    Bingo.

there is a rumor on hoopshype saying that Minny might already be looking into trading their #2 pick and they want a veteran. If u going to trade Granger ship him for the #2 pick and get Derrick Williams

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    there is a rumor on hoopshype saying that Minny might already be looking into trading their #2 pick and they want a veteran. If u going to trade Granger ship him for the #2 pick and get Derrick Williams
    That would be a lateral move at best.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Bring Barac over and call it a day.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

Granger for ?

How about Granger and Dahntay for Okor, Favors, and Hayward.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post

Agreed. Danny is a type of player that fits in to whatever this team does really. He can play pretty much any style of play. We saw him play run n gun under JOB and the smash mouth playoff basketball this post season. He is still, by far, our best player. In 2 years will that hold true? No, Paul George will be. But that means we have a hell of a number two to go with George. Something we are missing rather badly right now.

Trading Danny for an unknown is something that could have made sense three years ago. But now, as this team has shown promise and taken shape, you keep him.