Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Ford Mock Draft 2.0

Default Re: Chad Ford Mock Draft 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't see the value in keeping this pick. Honestly I would be fine trading it just for another first next year. Just seems like its going to be a meh type pick at 15. Hell it seems like that at pick 5.

Package the pick in a lopsided trade to improve the PF position.

Hopefully, Bird will do just that. Like Andy Varejaro as the x-factor T-Bird described. He can play the 4 & 5, plays great "D", and can score. I'd love the Pacers to trade the 15, Rush, Stephenson, and capspace/filler for him. That would give the Cleveland the #1, #4, and #15 picks to be able to re-load.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Faried is a safe pick for us. I don't get the people going oh another undersized PF. He has an elite skill - rebounding - that we're weak at.
    I love this comment. Specialization is something I've given a lot of thought to. There's been a lot of great teams built around specialization --- buncha guys who are top in the league in one major category. A superb rebounder. A superb 3-point shooter. They may have deficiencies in other areas, but they plug right into the system and do their one job to a high degree of success. There's an unquantified quality that they bring to a team beyond that 1 skill... a confidence brought to the team that if they need that *one* thing, they can call on that guy and get the job done.

This Faried guy seems to be a tremendous rebounder. That's perfectly fine with me. Rodman was only 6'8", and sometimes listed as low as 6'6". I'm not concerned about being undersized if he's built to rebound.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 05-18-2011 at 11:04 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    I love this comment. Specialization is something I've given a lot of thought to. There's been a lot of great teams built around specialization --- buncha guys who are top in the league in one major category. A superb rebounder. A superb 3-point shooter. They may have deficiencies in other areas, but they plug right into the system and do their one job to a high degree of success. There's an unquantified quality that they bring to a team beyond that 1 skill... a confidence brought to the team that if they need that *one* thing, they can call on that guy and get the job done.

This Faried guy seems to be a tremendous rebounder. That's perfectly fine with me. Rodman was only 6'8", and sometimes listed as low as 6'6".
    Yeah, I think Faried is more like Rodman than Ben Wallace.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    What about a trade with Minny?

Granger, Tyler, 15th

for

second pick, and Love.
    Why would Minnesota even consider this?

They can get a tougher, more athletic version of Granger with the 2nd pick in Derrick Williams and keep Love.

It isn't like Minnesota is in win now mode.

Though if anyone is stupid enough to do it, I suppose Kahn is the guy.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

6 teams have 2 1st round picks.

Cleveland
    Minnesota
    Washington
    Charlotte
    Houston
    Chicago

I'd rather trade the #15 to get a good quality player like Varejaro, BUT if the pick has no trade value I wouldn't be opposed to use it to trade down. Closer to the draft when players get sifted to where they might go in the draft, it might be the Pacers could trade down and pick up a player or 2 that can have a future with the Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    6 teams have 2 1st round picks.

Cleveland
    Minnesota
    Washington
    Charlotte
    Houston
    Chicago

I'd rather trade the #15 to get a good quality player like Varejaro, BUT if the pick has no trade value I wouldn't be opposed to use it to trade down. Closer to the draft when players get sifted to where they might go in the draft, it might be the Pacers could trade down and pick up a player or 2 that can have a future with the Pacers.
    I think Bird is trying to package the pick with a current player to net a decent pf. We should think of teams over the cap that need to get some salary off the books which none of the above teams with multiple picks qualify minus Chicago and we know that divisonal trade isn't happening.

Banned

Faried wont be as good as Tobias Harris.

If that is the way the draft pans out and we don't snag the combo guard from Michigan or Reg Jackson, I'll be upset.

Look at the PG in our division:
    D Rose
    K Irving* Cavs Projected
    B Jennings

Who know's what Joe Dumars is going to do???

I think the Pacers need a taller/stronger PG more than a hustling rebounder with zero post game.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    I'm surprised no one (so far) is advocating trading down. The enormous diversity of opinion on mid-to-late first-round talent implies that certain "sleepers" will go much earlier than expected while other "prized" players will remain on the board much longer. Those of you who swear by the best-player-available approach may be pleased with the outcome should we trade down this year.
    I think trading down for future draft picks or multiple picks would be a very good idea.

If they do trade down, I hope they trade down and draft Tyler Honeycutt in the early 20's. He's a wing but IMO he's a wing with All-Star potential - Manu Ginobili type sleeper pick, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

For the first time in years, I honestly don't care about the draft. It's an awful draft and trading up to me is not an option. I think we are picking at a great spot to pick up a rotation player. I'd be fine with a lot of these guys we are mentioned with, and I'd be fine with trading the pick.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Why would Minnesota even consider this?

They can get a tougher, more athletic version of Granger with the 2nd pick in Derrick Williams and keep Love.

It isn't like Minnesota is in win now mode.

Though if anyone is stupid enough to do it, I suppose Kahn is the guy.

Kahn said last night they need a veteran to mix with the youth. And Williams is not the shooter that Danny is. He could blossom into that direction, but he is not that now.

It sounds that Kahn believes this team can be of the mold of OKC and Memphis. I think they lack the toughness and fortitude, but it is what he thinks.

HE HIT! HE HIT! HE HIT! glazedham42's Avatar

I'm a big fan of Faried. I would be pleased if the Pacers took him at 15. I honestly think he'll be gone by the time we pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBK0K...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by glazedham42 View Post
    I'm a big fan of Faried. I would be pleased if the Pacers took him at 15. I honestly think he'll be gone by the time we pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBK0K...eature=related
    Pretty good against indiana state.

I am still not sold on him.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Why are people so opposed to George being the starting SG?

Anyways I would rather take the best player available than an undersized PF, even if it is at a redundant position. It will either add depth or a nice trading piece, while taking an undersized PF most likely does neither.
    I'm not obsessed with PG as a SG....I look at them primarily as Wing Players....interchangable at worst....with my preference having PG primarily playing SF minutes with some backup minutes at the SG spot. The hope is that Bird would get starting quality SG to pair with both Granger and PG.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

we should keep the pick, and draft a replacement for one of our departing players. i doubt that we keep both foster and Mcroberts, so drafting a PF makes sense. drafting another wing also makes sense to replace Dunleavy. Lets not set our standards too high drafting at 15. if we can get someone to play 10-15 spot minutes as a rookie, then i would be happy. we aren't going to get a starter/instant impact type of player.

by the way, it looks like kenneth faried is this years ekpe udoh on PD.

If you don't get good trade using the #1, the number 15 pick is a great way to get a rotation player who is cheap. Pretty big deal. Good picks are by far the cheapest way to acquire good talent. Sounds dumb, but if you get a guy who can produce on a rookie salary, its a steal.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

according to walterfootball.com. pacers will take Tristan Thompson. im with most on here.. hopefully Bird can trade the pick for more value.

http://walterfootball.com/nbadraft2011mock.php

Indiana Pacers: Tristan Thompson, PF, Texas, 6-8, Fr.
    The Pacers could use some versatility in their frontcourt since they are very thick up front. Tristan Thompson is a bit undersized and needs to improve his perimeter game but is very active on the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    according to walterfootball.com. pacers will take Tristan Thompson. im with most on here.. hopefully Bird can trade the pick for more value.

http://walterfootball.com/nbadraft2011mock.php

Indiana Pacers: Tristan Thompson, PF, Texas, 6-8, Fr.
    The Pacers could use some versatility in their frontcourt since they are very thick up front. Tristan Thompson is a bit undersized and needs to improve his perimeter game but is very active on the glass.
    If we don't trade the pick then I am ok with holding on to him and starting Tyler and having Thompson back him up. Of course I would rather have Nene or Vajeroa but that probably won't happen.

Interesting thing about Thompson is that he has a 7'2 wing span with pretty good hops with a strong work ethic. I think he is picked before us though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post

This Faried guy seems to be a tremendous rebounder. That's perfectly fine with me. Rodman was only 6'8", and sometimes listed as low as 6'6". I'm not concerned about being undersized if he's built to rebound.
    I believe I've heard Morway say he valued the special skillset guys, quite a bit. I could completely see him on their radar, if he's there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kamiyohk View Post
    ....Chad Ford mock draft sucks...

Mine...
    1. Cleveland - Derrick Williams
    2. Minnesota - Kyrie Irving
    3. Utah - Enes Kanter
    4. Cleveland - Brandon Knight
    5. Toronto - Jan Vesely
    6. Washington - Marcus Morris
    7. Sacramento - Kemba Walker
    8. Detroit - Bismack Biyombo
    9. Charlotte - Kawhi Leonard
    10. Milwaukee - Alec Burks
    11. Golden State - Jonas Valanciunas
    12. Utah - Jimmer Fredette
    13. Phoenix - Tristan Thompson
    14. Houston - Donatas Motiejunas

15. Indiana - Jordan Hamilton
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jordan-hamilton
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=46197
    Jordan Hamilton has the potential to be a star player in the league. He can score the ball. He creates his own shot and drives the lane with ease.

He seems to take bad shots as well. I could easily see him being another Malik Sealy/George Mc Loud. Malik was a talented athlete who never really found his niche in the league. I I know he died tragic via druken driver (illegal immigrant) but he and him Mc Cloud were both never really able to shoot the ball @ a high percentage for the Pacers.
    I like the Call because it is risky and we can afford to roll the dice!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I believe I've heard Morway say he valued the special skillset guys, quite a bit. I could completely see him on their radar, if he's there.
    He has no offensive game.

FWIW, on SportsCenter Jay Bilas labeled Thompson and Faried as his sleeper picks outside the top five. He compared Faried to Milsap, and said rebounding is the one skill that almost always translates to the pros.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    FWIW, on SportsCenter Jay Bilas labeled Thompson and Faried as his sleeper picks outside the top five. He compared Faried to Milsap, and said rebounding is the one skill that almost always translates to the pros.
    In the last 9 years of the top 100 rebounders in college only 20 were first round picks, 34 were undrafted FA's and 9 were second round picks. Meaning just because you rebound doesn't make you a big time asset. You have to have more to your game than just pulling down boards and this is especially true if your on the Pacers where the talent is slim around you.

For instance the top guy on the 100 list is John Bryant from Santa Clara and he is in the NBADL. I kind of find it hard to believe that just because you rebound means you should drafted just outside the lottery. There is a few things that make me question Faried rebounding prowess the biggest being that he will probably get shoved under the basket especially in the pros. The other problem that I have is that he played in a weak confrence although he does have pretty good numbers against top 25 competition. I think he will also be a good help defender but a poor one on one defender.

OF course if he is a pacer I will cheer him on but I don't think he is THE guy to put next to Hibbert.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 05-18-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Not anymore it's not. It WAS, before the trade deadline and we were supposed to be a lotto team and all these big time guys decided to go back to school etc etc. I'm all for trading it, but I don't see it having much value right now at all. As a sweetener for a young/rebuilding type team for a "big name," yeah it helps. But if it's the main asset in a trade we ain't gettin much.
    Actually the 8th seed is right along the lines of what people (outside our own fans) would have expected from us (especially if we would have gotten Mayo). The weak draft was also expected due to the potential lockout. I really don't think the pick has lost much value.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    That has to be the worst mock draft I have every seen. Seriously Walker and Jimmer falling out of the lotto to the late first round. Just terrible.

I guarantee you that Jimmer won't get past us in this draft...

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post: