This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Young full potential backup SG? YES...

We can't get a Starter from nbadraft..

PG: XXX, DC , AJ/Lance
    SG: XXX, Jordan Hamilton, Rush/Jones
    SF: Granger, George, Rush/Jones
    PF: XXX, Tyler, McRoberts <----depends on price
    C: Hibbert, XXX, Jeff Foster

We only need backup SG/C ( Trade Rush /Jones one of them)
    Other positions? Use the $......
    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I know that it's a matter of opinion....but I don't think that we need anymore Wing Players....based off of what I have seen from Inferno...I think that he'd be good for the as the 4th Wing Player playing behind Granger, PG and whatever Starting SG that I think that Bird will pursue. IMHO.....if we get a young Full potential Player in the draft....it should be in the Frontcourt at the PF or C. At the very least, there is a greater need in the Frontcourt than in the backcourt.

Of course, if the Player available at the 15th spot is a Wing Player and is way better then any Frontcourt Player, then I agree...get the Wing Player....otherwise, if there isn't much of a huge difference...then I'd go for the Frontcourt Player.
    Why are people so opposed to George being the starting SG?

Anyways I would rather take the best player available than an undersized PF, even if it is at a redundant position. It will either add depth or a nice trading piece, while taking an undersized PF most likely does neither.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Default Re: Chad Ford Mock Draft 2.0

I'm baffled why both DX and Draft.net has us picking pure wings - DX has us picking Klay Thompson. Doesn't make sense to me.

Faried is a safe pick for us. I don't get the people going oh another undersized PF. He has an elite skill - rebounding - that we're weak at. If we're not getting a starter at #15, then getting a very good role player is the next best thing.

If we're looking for a gamble type pick on the other hand... I can't believe Motiejunas would drop all they way to 21. The concerns are his defense and rebounding, but on the other hand there's no question he's going to be a very good scorer. That's got to be worth something in this weak draft.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I know that it's a matter of opinion....but I don't think that we need anymore Wing Players....based off of what I have seen from Inferno...I think that he'd be good for the as the 4th Wing Player playing behind Granger, PG and whatever Starting SG that I think that Bird will pursue. IMHO.....if we get a young Full potential Player in the draft....it should be in the Frontcourt at the PF or C. At the very least, there is a greater need in the Frontcourt than in the backcourt.

Of course, if the Player available at the 15th spot is a Wing Player and is way better then any Frontcourt Player, then I agree...get the Wing Player....otherwise, if there isn't much of a huge difference...then I'd go for the Frontcourt Player.
    Yes, Rush and Jones are wing players..but they are not valuable in this team anymore. Do you agree?
    George can play SG , But He need to improve on offense side.
    5 Starters, He is the 4,5 option to take shots...I better he play behind granger and take more shot in second union.

However, Tyler is a role player on PF position. I really think that Bird will pay someone who can start on PF position this summer. So why we still draft a PF back to this team? Give play time to Tyler!

15th PICK get what we need. Don't waste it.

*Moreover, Jordan Hamilton = Paul George potential to become a very good player in the lea.
    I am wonder he will still available on 15 pick or not....
    But even we draft Klay Thompson, still better than undersize PF.....
    Last edited by Kamiyohk; 05-18-2011 at 04:39 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really don't see the value in keeping this pick. Honestly I would be fine trading it just for another first next year. Just seems like its going to be a meh type pick at 15. Hell it seems like that at pick 5.

Package the pick in a lopsided trade to improve the PF position.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I really don't see the value in keeping this pick. Honestly I would be fine trading it just for another first next year. Just seems like its going to be a meh type pick at 15. Hell it seems like that at pick 5.

Package the pick in a lopsided trade to improve the PF position.
    Problem is trade 15th pick also means nothing right?
    Everyone know that this year draft is weak..
    So + 15th pick in the package make no difference ...not = All Star back

Faried reminds me of Ben Wallace. I would be gushing if they got him. Talent and length make up for a few inches

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

NBADraftNet

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jimmer-fredette

But I think some of these mocks just take the possibles and rotate them around the teams on a periodic basis to generate talk and hits.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    Faried reminds me of Ben Wallace. I would be gushing if they got him. Talent and length make up for a few inches
    You just made me a firm opponent of that pick, the idea that we would harbour a one-tricked punk that ruined our franchise is enough to make me go Artest
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

This is DraftExpress first round mock draft on Yahoo! Sports, with pick-by-pick breakdown: http://yhoo.it/m2UYpJ

"15 Indiana Pacers
    Klay Thompson SG/SF
    21 years old; 6'6"; 187 lbs
    Washington State, junior
    Indiana has solid young players at every position, meaning this pick could very well be available if the right piece became available. In lieu of a trade, acquiring some additional depth on the wing makes some sense, especially considering that Mike Dunleavy is a free agent and Brandon Rush(notes) has not yet proven himself to be a consistent contributor."

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What about a trade with Minny?

Granger, Tyler, 15th

for

second pick, and Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post

Granger, Tyler, 15th

for

second pick, and Love.
    Why would we want to do that, he doesn't play defense and shoots threes as a big man- and passing and rebounding are his best attributes.

Yes, this is sarcasm by me. If Minny wants to trade this pick we should go after it. While I'm not sure that Minny would do this, Love is a questionable fit but a great commodity to have.

While I like Faried and have been very high on him for a while- I'm not sure where he fits with us organizationally. He is a great shot blocker and rebounder- but he's played in a zone defense and doesn't have experience in defense outside of the paint. He might be a defensive liability early in his career and may never learn to guard stretch fours or fours with range. I wouldn't mind taking a wing if it helps with bench scoring.
    Last edited by flox; 05-18-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post

Granger, Tyler, 15th

for

second pick, and Love.
    I'd do that, but only if Love's knee is ok. SF is the easiest position to replace IMO. I love Granger, and I seriously doubt he is traded since we increased ticket prices are are expected to make the playoffs year in and year out now, but I'd seriously do that trade.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

I'm surprised no one (so far) is advocating trading down. The enormous diversity of opinion on mid-to-late first-round talent implies that certain "sleepers" will go much earlier than expected while other "prized" players will remain on the board much longer. Those of you who swear by the best-player-available approach may be pleased with the outcome should we trade down this year.

Yeah, I've been thinking we won't hang on to the 15 for a while now.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post

Our first round pick is far more valuable as a trading chip than as a draft pick.

I've wanted to trade the pick forever and a day. This is a terribly weak draft. I stated last draft when underclassman came out in droves due to the pending lockout this season it would be a weak draft. The last thing this team needs is an undersized PF!

TRADE THE PICK BIRD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Ford
    I think Faried would be a terrific choice
    Agreed.

Also:
    - George > Jordan Hamilton
    - Trading the pick is easier said than done, especially in a crappy draft. Yes, there's talk about Chicago, but we already went through that with them two years ago.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Another undersized PF?

Trade it, Larry.
    Don't think Jordan Williams would be considered undersized.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    I'm surprised no one (so far) is advocating trading down. The enormous diversity of opinion on mid-to-late first-round talent implies that certain "sleepers" will go much earlier than expected while other "prized" players will remain on the board much longer. Those of you who swear by the best-player-available approach may be pleased with the outcome should we trade down this year.
    I'm fine with trading down. I'd love to get Reggie Jackson or Darius Morris and shore up the backup PG spot, just cause I don't think any PF have starter material and we already have Hans as the perfect backup PF. Reggie Jackson could even become a starter in a couple of years and we could trade Collison for something nice if we have a serious need.

Next year's draft should be loaded with PF, so hopefully we can even manage to trade our pick to someone for next year's. Then use our 2 first rounders to try and trade up. But that is an ideal scenario, not likely to happen.

Now really free Lance!

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    Why would we want to do that, he doesn't play defense and shoots threes as a big man- and passing and rebounding are his best attributes.

I can understand that Love has the passing from the frontcourt that we shouldn't "need" since we have Hibbert. But Josh and Hibbert together played well. Then you add rebounding?

And Love does play better defense than Murphy. I am not saying you are suggesting it, but people have got to stop comparing Love to Murphy.

I frontcourt player that can shoot the long ball is not entirely bad. It is when that player is at the 5 and Danny is at the 4 that it is entirely bad.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post

Faried is a safe pick for us. I don't get the people going oh another undersized PF. He has an elite skill - rebounding - that we're weak at.

So does Foster and he's 3-4" taller. Both are basically a 1 trick pony, and the Pacers need at PF requires more than that. Why are you willing to limit the PF to a good rebounder only? The Pacers NEED a good starting quality PF not another undersized PF b/u. Just think how much better Foster would have been with his motor and size if he had a mid-range game instead of basically a reb'r only player. I don't understand why you and others are willing to settle for an undersize PF with less!

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

If we still have the pick, If he's still there, If the front office likes him...If, If, If...Still, I think it's very intriguing...
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    Don't think Jordan Williams would be considered undersized.
    And neither are the Morris twins. They lack some reach, but they both have NBA bodies. Williams definitely has an NBA body.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamiyohk View Post

Yes, Rush and Jones are wing players..but they are not valuable in this team anymore. Do you agree?

George can play SG , But He need to improve on offense side.
    5 Starters, He is the 4,5 option to take shots...I better he play behind granger and take more shot in second union.

No, I don't agree about Dahntay. He brings value to this team. His value re-appeared under Vogel as the coach.

George was drafted to be Rush's replacement at SG. He'll score more next year as the starting SG. He was a rookie feeling out the NBA last season.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    So does Foster and he's 3-4" taller. Both are basically a 1 trick pony, and the Pacers need at PF requires more than that. Why are you willing to limit the PF to a good rebounder only? The Pacers NEED a good starting quality PF not another undersized PF b/u. Just think how much better Foster would have been with his motor and size if he had a mid-range game instead of basically a reb'r only player. I don't understand why you and others are willing to settle for an undersize PF with less!
    I agree with you for the most part. We need a guy who can play backup center. If we resign Foster to a two year near-minimum deal it gives the kid some time to develop as a backup C. I think the player that you are looking for in terms of us not settling for doesn't exist at 15. Maybe if we can move up for fairly cheap.

I would say though that there are plenty of players we should look at bringing in. I would target potential at PG and in the front court. If we get a guy or two that develops nicely it may allow us to trade one of our current assets.

The more I read about him, the more I want Reggie Jackson.

I'd say draft Reggie at 15, then try to buy another first and get Jordan Williams.

2nd round we can try a guy like Jeremy Tyler or Keith Benson.

I'm sure my mind will change, but that's what I'd like to see happen. That or trade our pick for another pick next year.

Now really free Lance!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post: