Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Ford Mock Draft 2.0

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Chad Ford Mock Draft 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That has to be the worst mock draft I have every seen. Seriously Walker and Jimmer falling out of the lotto to the late first round. Just terrible.

I guarantee you that Jimmer won't get past us in this draft...
    it is very different from espns DA said it is his first mock draft
    daldridgetnt David Aldridge
    Mock me now. First-ever mock draft, on NBA.com. They made me do it! http://on.nba.com/kD7n4b
    lol

Nolan Smith to us 15? ROTFLMFAO
    Here we come lottery?

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    I'm baffled why both DX and Draft.net has us picking pure wings - DX has us picking Klay Thompson. Doesn't make sense to me.

Faried is a safe pick for us. I don't get the people going oh another undersized PF. He has an elite skill - rebounding - that we're weak at. If we're not getting a starter at #15, then getting a very good role player is the next best thing.

If we're looking for a gamble type pick on the other hand... I can't believe Motiejunas would drop all they way to 21. The concerns are his defense and rebounding, but on the other hand there's no question he's going to be a very good scorer. That's got to be worth something in this weak draft.
    Exactly! Dennis Rodman was an undersized PF too, but he had better rebounding skill than anyone else ever. Faried is the best rebounder in this draft, regardless of size. If he's there at 15, I say take him and don't look back.
    Grown Man Ball

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    it is very different from espns DA said it is his first mock draft

lol
    It should be his first and last.

great line on Biyombo f/ SI mock

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a2

Motor City, meet the next Ben Wallace. The biggest question surrounding Biyombo at this juncture is how much of what he does so well is legal in the NBA. The Congolese forward is a relentless defender, ferocious rebounder and the perfect complement to last year's top pick, Greg Monroe, in the Pistons' frontcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    Exactly! Dennis Rodman was an undersized PF too, but he had better rebounding skill than anyone else ever. Faried is the best rebounder in this draft, regardless of size. If he's there at 15, I say take him and don't look back.
    The difference is that Rodman had a championship talent around him and could defend at a high level. I know Faried can block shots in a 2-3 zone but seeing him against the Buckeyes last year showed me that he is going to shoved around in the NBA. He may pan out but I am not so sure he becomes the PF that the Pacers need. He also has some unknowns about his jump shot. Last year he only attempted 13 and I could see that being a liability to Hibberts game with double teams and pnr.

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    Jimmer falls in this one too. Interesting.

He also has some unknowns about his jump shot. Last year he only attempted 13 [...]
    whoa

Jimmer falls in this one too. Interesting.
    Speaking of Jimmer, he's got family in Indy to help him adjust in case he gets picked by the Ps.

http://leetaft.com/
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Utah has the 12th and the 3rd? ROTFLMFAO...WTF?!!?!?!
    Here we come lottery?

I'm kinda partial to Reggie Jackson, I don't know if we can trade back to get him. There really isn't much reason for teams to trade up to 15. The idea of having a bigger pg with a 7 foot wingspan is very appealing to me. Most teams don't look to improve rebounding from the point guard position, but watching Westbrook and Rose rebound all post season is kind of refreshing. I know he isn't as good as those guys, but he is an athletic big pg.

Price is ok, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to move him to 3rd and give Lance his walking papers. Lance is nice in theory, but I think he's already been more trouble than he's worth. We'll miss him as much as we do James White.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thefeistyone For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thefeistyone View Post
    I'm kinda partial to Reggie Jackson, I don't know if we can trade back to get him. There really isn't much reason for teams to trade up to 15. The idea of having a bigger pg with a 7 foot wingspan is very appealing to me. Most teams don't look to improve rebounding from the point guard position, but watching Westbrook and Rose rebound all post season is kind of refreshing. I know he isn't as good as those guys, but he is an athletic big pg.

Price is ok, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to move him to 3rd and give Lance his walking papers. Lance is nice in theory, but I think he's already been more trouble than he's worth. We'll miss him as much as we do James White.
    I think at this point, Reggie Jackson would be a great pickup. Price is terrible at facilitating and is such a streaky shooter, his career shooting is under .400. Price needs to go. Lance should be a shooting guard that can play spot minutes at the point when needed. I truly hate that the Pacers are misusing him. He looks to score first, but he's got great floor awareness to make excellent passes. Lance would make a great backup shooting guard if we can trade Rush.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Hey everyone first post, been a Pacers fan since birth. Ive been watching this messageboard a couple years and decided now would be my first post. I dont claim to be a GM but im going play one right now. The Pacers need a bigger point guard, another wing, and a PF/C. I would trade back and pick Reggie Jackson or Darius Morris later in the first round. Since its a weak draft we would probably get a high second in the 2012 draft. I would talk to Memphis about acquiring Rudy Gay. I think 2 first and Brandon Rush or 2 first and Brandon Rush/James Posey. The 2 first I would give them would be in 2012 and 2013. I would then go strong after Nene or Deandre Jordan in free agency.

I know people would say those drafts would be stronger and they would. They would be weaker in a critical area we would need the following year. A big that can play the 4/5.

In the 2012 draft ive been eyeing a couple of PF/C prospects, but who ive fell in love with is Festus Ezeli. He will be a senior at Vanderbilt and is projected to go in the second round next year. Hes also 6-11 255.

That would give us a lineup for 2011:

Collison/Price/Jackson/Stephenson
    Gay/Jones/Stephenson
    Granger/George/Veteran
    Nene/Hans/Veteran
    Hibbert/Foster

For 2012
    Collison/Jackson/Stephenson/Veteran
    Gay/Stephenson/Jones
    Granger/George/Veteran
    Nene/Hans
    Hibbert/Ezeli/Foster

This lineup gives us size, strength, and athleticism to compete with and team in the NBA. Tell me what yall think.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to millertime88 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thefeistyone View Post

There really isn't much reason for teams to trade up to 15.

Sure there is. If a team wants a player that they feel will be there at 15 but not at their later pick, they'll trade up to get him.

I'm concerned that Reggie Jackson will measure out well at the combine, and then will have good workouts which will vault him past the Pacers pick at #15. I REALLY want a BIG PG bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We can always try and trade the draft rights away if we don't trade the 15th pick before we're on the clock.

I'm not as down on this draft as most.

Is it bad for the lottery teams? Yes but that doesn't mean there isn't some good talent especially in the middle of the first round.

I really think that Chris Singleton could be a good fit. Some have said the Pacers should go after Josh Smith and I think that Chris Singleton brings similar things to the table that Josh does. Singleton has excellent athleticism and can guard multiple positions.

There are other guys that can help too like the Morris twins and wing players like Kawhi Leonard and Tyler Honeycutt.

I am not saying that any of these guys are going to be starters. I do think there will be several guys on the board at 15 who can be productive for the Pacers.

Trading the pick is a popular option but we have to remember that we are not the only ones who views this draft as a weakness. About the only hope is there is a GM who is in love with a player on the board at 15 and they have something the Pacers need. That's not likely to happen. I think it will be much easier for the Pacers to find a prospect they like than it will be to find a trade. I'm not saying I think the Pacers will get a starter at 15. Just saying that it is likely they will have to keep the pick and that the available players probably won't be all that bad.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Young For This Useful Post:

I guarantee you that Jimmer won't get past us in this draft...
    That's my greatest fear related to his draft.

My reaction if Kemba Walker falls to us, he's just what our bench needs:

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Cavs need to make a splash. The are gonna have to come away with known commodities to sell to the fanbase. Therefore I predict, no I guarantee that the Cavs will select Derrick Williams #1. Why, you ask? 2 reasons.

1. Williams is the most gifted player in this draft. He immediately steps into the void left by LeBron.

2. This shakes things up. Will Minny draft Irving while trying to lure Rubio at the same time? Do they trade the pick? Do they pass on him entirely for another player?

Drafting Williams #1 causes a ripple effect on the top 4 picks. Irving or Knight will fall into their laps at #4. If not the can take Kemba Walker, who in my opion is a better value at 4.

Long story short, Williams and Walker trumps Irving and Vesley.

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    My reaction if Kemba Walker falls to us, he's just what our bench needs:

that's too funny! Thanks for the laugh

Mood

So many things.

Wasn't big on Faried but I think it would be a quality pick.

But if we stay at the pic I could def see the pacers taking a look at Donatas Motiejunas... I know I am probably the minority again but the dude is tall, long, can hit shots from all over, 3pt line and in the post and has a mid range game, can get some rebounds but thats not really his game... does block though... I know it is a stretch but I could see his potential as a Dirk type player... especially if he gets stronger, but the guy just keeps getting better and better...I think he will turnout to be one of the best players to come out of this draft...and I know we need rebounding but to get a player like that, with his upside, I wouldn't even be trippen.

Wouldn't mind Jimmer either, wasn't a big fan of him either but could you imagine having him coming off the bench, especially when u need scoring. Bigger taller marcus thornton with deeper range.

But I would also be interesting in a long PG especially if he could play PG/SG at times. Possibly even trade back and try to grab a extra 2nd rd pic, I thing Darius Morris and the guy from BC would be good pick ups as well as Marshon.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Mood

Most recent video that I have seen of Donatas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFqK-YXlsHs

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

he reminds me a lot of a young rasheed wallace, in terms of his skill set. He can do just about anything outside of rebound well.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    that's too funny! Thanks for the laugh
    What's even funnier is that your profile pic of Tyler looks like the guy in that video.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Why are people so opposed to George being the starting SG?
    People are stuck on size. George is 6'8 so it doesn't matter to them that he can guard people on the perimeter and give us a huge advantage there. Nope, he's 6'8 so in their mind he's a small forward. Period.

My thinking is we are set at the swing positions. We could be better at the other three positions but we have young people there that could grow into their position. What we need is what Bird has been emphasizing, a big guy than can defend and rebound, someone that can get their own shot at the end of games and a second scorer to help Danny.

Now it seems to me that one of are other starters could grow into our 2nd scorer, so we need the big guy and a guy that can get his own shot.

If we can't trade out of the draft it seems to me we will get someone to booster the second unit like Bird has said.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post: