Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 51

Thread: Al Jefferson

  1. #26

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Before we get too hyped up (as usual), is there a reason Utah would trade him?

    Why does anyone think he is available?
    No one knows if he is available but supposedly during the trade deadline we call about Milsap and Jefferson. THat could mean nothing at all but we atleast showed intrest.

    I posted in the Jazz forum to see what it would take and to be honest some of the Jazz fans like Hibbert a lot because of his passing ability. Right now the Jazz are rebuiding and they owe 57 mill next year. If they want to lower their salary while adding a young center who won't cost as much as AL to resign then I think it makes sense.

    Personally I think Al is reasonable as long as it only cost us Hibbert and filler. We all know we need more rebounding and with Al that would be an upgrade without losing low post scoring. In addition he has only 2 years left and we could probably resign him to a reasonable contract extension under the new CBA.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,173

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by rwill784 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel you, but you gotta take into account that playing in that craphole would make anyone halfass it. (Minny). When I watched him play with utah he seemed more focused until dwill left, I kinda don't blame him.

    Idk, I just can't pass up a 20/10 big.
    Troy Murphy says hi.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  5. #28

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand but in all fairness, I dont know how to come though the archives and see if something has been posteed already


    If he is fairly new, or doesnt come by regualry , he wouldnt know that Al Jefferson has been discussed here , ad nauseum

    That's fair. I seldom start threads, and when I have if the subject(Al Jefferson) has a thread it shows up saying so. I't's been so long since I started a thread maybe it doesn't do it anymore. But if it does that should give a clue to look at those threads to see what they are about b4 starting another one.

    I wanted Al when he was a young player with the Celtics. I was hoping for a JO trade to them that included Al. No such luck.

    The year Granger was an Allstar Jefferson was in the running as well. He has great size, can score, play 4/5, but his "D" is weak. He signed a pretty heavy contract with Minnie which should be on it's downside now. 14-15 mil more than I see Bird paying to get him. I wouldn't be unhappy with him as a Pacer, but maybe a better value would be Andy Varejao.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  7. #29
    Bmore Pacer fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    THE GRANGER ZONE
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand but in all fairness, I dont know how to come though the archives and see if something has been posteed already


    If he is fairly new, or doesnt come by regualry , he wouldnt know that Al Jefferson has been discussed here , ad nauseum

    Thanks for not being a douche
    Grab a star in Mayo and then wait til 12' for Kevin Love=Championship!!!

    Wow....just....Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what makes Granger better than Mayo?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to rwill784 For This Useful Post:


  9. #30
    Bmore Pacer fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    THE GRANGER ZONE
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Troy Murphy says hi.
    Lol....what?!? Troy is a soft chucking wuss, al can actually post up, hit the elbow jumper, and finish inside. Night and day my man....night and day.
    Grab a star in Mayo and then wait til 12' for Kevin Love=Championship!!!

    Wow....just....Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what makes Granger better than Mayo?

  10. #31
    Bmore Pacer fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    THE GRANGER ZONE
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i'd take jefferson. something lost in many of these discussions is that as players age and mature as basketball players, they tend to focus more on their deficiencies and focus on what it takes to win as a team. jefferson is only 26, but will be a 7th year player, i believe, making him a vet. being on the losing teams he has, i feel he'd really look to take a big step in improving his d and being a great pf for us if we indeed dealt for him... a guy like blatche on the other hand might have more overall talent, but i still think he's a few years off from maturing as a player.
    Bro, I live in md. We hear everything that idiot blatches does off the court. He's a total headcase, I freaking hate dude. He plays soft, is lazy and has gotten into it with mcgee and the coaching staff. He could grow up but he's a big child
    Grab a star in Mayo and then wait til 12' for Kevin Love=Championship!!!

    Wow....just....Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what makes Granger better than Mayo?

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rwill784 For This Useful Post:


  12. #32
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,173

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by rwill784 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol....what?!? Troy is a soft chucking wuss, al can actually post up, hit the elbow jumper, and finish inside. Night and day my man....night and day.
    But he can drop 20/10 regularly.

  13. #33
    Bmore Pacer fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    THE GRANGER ZONE
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by ensergio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jefferson is a incredible post player, but he didn't fit in any team because his awful defense. That is a hugeee red flag.
    Boozer's d doesn't seem to hurt chicago at all. Neither does griffin, gasol (both), randolph, nowizki(sp?), aldridge, bosh, amare, or david lee.

    You guys want the perfect PF and newsflash guys, the only 2 reside in boston and san antonio. There aren't really any PFs left that play great d and can give you 20/10. Everyone going for NeNe doesn't realize that he's a below average rebounder, and isn't too great on D himself.

    If we can get AJ then we gotta do it. He's that good.
    Grab a star in Mayo and then wait til 12' for Kevin Love=Championship!!!

    Wow....just....Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what makes Granger better than Mayo?

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to rwill784 For This Useful Post:


  15. #34
    Bmore Pacer fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    THE GRANGER ZONE
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But he can drop 20/10 regularly.
    lol....nice
    Grab a star in Mayo and then wait til 12' for Kevin Love=Championship!!!

    Wow....just....Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what makes Granger better than Mayo?

  16. #35

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by rwill784 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bro, I live in md. We hear everything that idiot blatches does off the court. He's a total headcase, I freaking hate dude. He plays soft, is lazy and has gotten into it with mcgee and the coaching staff. He could grow up but he's a big child
    and thus me stating he's a few years off...

  17. #36
    Bmore Pacer fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    THE GRANGER ZONE
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    H
    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and thus me stating he's a few years off...
    i wouldnt hold my breathe
    Grab a star in Mayo and then wait til 12' for Kevin Love=Championship!!!

    Wow....just....Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what makes Granger better than Mayo?

  18. #37
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by rwill784 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys want the perfect PF and newsflash guys, the only 2 reside in boston and san antonio. There aren't really any PFs left that play great d and can give you 20/10. Everyone going for NeNe doesn't realize that he's a below average rebounder, and isn't too great on D himself.

    They're both way past their primes. Plus, Duncan's really a center, despite what the pregame introductions say. And Dirk Nowitzki is more complete all-around player than either of those two. He's also been the best overall PF in the league for at least 5 or 6 years. I think he deserves at least a mention in the "perfect PF" discussion.

  19. #38
    Bmore Pacer fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    THE GRANGER ZONE
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're both way past their primes. Plus, Duncan's really a center, despite what the pregame introductions say. And Dirk Nowitzki is more complete all-around player than either of those two. He's also been the best overall PF in the league for at least 5 or 6 years. I think he deserves at least a mention in the "perfect PF" discussion.
    I respect ur opinion but dirk hasn't even been in the convo. For the past 3 years its been gasol with honerable mentions to amare (who plays better d). Dirk is far from complete as he's still a standing safety cone on D. Dirk is a choke artist, don't be fooled by lastnight.
    Grab a star in Mayo and then wait til 12' for Kevin Love=Championship!!!

    Wow....just....Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what makes Granger better than Mayo?

  20. #39
    Bmore Pacer fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    THE GRANGER ZONE
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're both way past their primes. Plus, Duncan's really a center, despite what the pregame introductions say. And Dirk Nowitzki is more complete all-around player than either of those two. He's also been the best overall PF in the league for at least 5 or 6 years. I think he deserves at least a mention in the "perfect PF" discussion.
    I actually meant they are the only two who in the L who could do everything you want a pf to do. They can gaurd the paint, postup, great midrange, and are pure winners who carry a team. Unless your wayyy older then I, we haven't seen any better. (Irl not old games)
    Grab a star in Mayo and then wait til 12' for Kevin Love=Championship!!!

    Wow....just....Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what makes Granger better than Mayo?

  21. #40
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by rwill784 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I respect ur opinion but dirk hasn't even been in the convo. For the past 3 years its been gasol with honerable mentions to amare (who plays better d). Dirk is far from complete as he's still a standing safety cone on D. Dirk is a choke artist, don't be fooled by lastnight.

    I respect your right to have an opinion but your 2003 scouting report of Dirk needs some serious updating.

  22. #41
    Bmore Pacer fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    THE GRANGER ZONE
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I respect your right to have an opinion but your 2003 scouting report of Dirk needs some serious updating.
    How so? Does he defend the paint? No. Does he play good on ball d, no. Do he cause people to change their shots because of his d, no. He's still the same player, he's always been carmelo in a centers body. If you think dirk plays defense then, melo should be all nba defense starter.
    Grab a star in Mayo and then wait til 12' for Kevin Love=Championship!!!

    Wow....just....Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what makes Granger better than Mayo?

  23. #42

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by rwill784 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bro, I live in md. We hear everything that idiot blatches does off the court. He's a total headcase, I freaking hate dude. He plays soft, is lazy and has gotten into it with mcgee and the coaching staff. He could grow up but he's a big child

    The same could be said of Z-bo. He's not been a problem in Memphis, and we all know how well he he can play. Get Blatche out of DC with a good team, a good coach, and a different enviroment; and my feeling is he'll mature and change.

  24. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Troy Murphy says hi.
    Troy averaged 10 and 10

  25. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    I would also say that Al has to be the most underrated player in the NBA, I think he is the best downlow scorer in the NBA, nobody and I mean nobody can guard him one on one when he is close to the basket, if I was the Pacers I would trade Roy for him and then I would sign Tyson Chandler or make a trade for Vareajo. DC,PG,Danny,Al,Tyson/Vareajo

  26. #45
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by rwill784 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How so? Does he defend the paint? No. Does he play good on ball d, no. Do he cause people to change their shots because of his d, no. He's still the same player, he's always been carmelo in a centers body. If you think dirk plays defense then, melo should be all nba defense starter.

    He had 4 blocks on Tuesday and bodied up his man in the post.

    Watch the games. Don't just look at the boxscores. Dirk is a legitimate defensive player now. Not a guy that locks down the paint and swats shots left and right, but a guy that plays his man straight up and fouls penetrators hard enough so they don't get and-1s.

    If you can't see any of that then I just don't know what to tell you. You're flat out wrong on this one.

  27. #46
    Bmore Pacer fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    THE GRANGER ZONE
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He had 4 blocks on Tuesday and bodied up his man in the post.

    Watch the games. Don't just look at the boxscores. Dirk is a legitimate defensive player now. Not a guy that locks down the paint and swats shots left and right, but a guy that plays his man straight up and fouls penetrators hard enough so they don't get and-1s.

    If you can't see any of that then I just don't know what to tell you. You're flat out wrong on this one.
    No offense but I can't stand fans like you, the "Dirk has been a powderpuff wuss all of his career, but he's doing good in the playoffs for a couple of series now, so that means he's great"

    Dirk does not play good on ball D, he looks good in the playoffs because he hasn't played a mobile PF that will take the ball at him. Every year Dirk has been abused in the playoffs, and most of the regular season. Dude, Dirk still plays no real defense and that's why no one ranks him in the GOATS list. He's soft in the paint and always has been, check out any rankings or analysis of the GOATS and his name isn't there for good reason.

    Dirk is no where near a good defensive player, you are the one wrong on this one.
    Grab a star in Mayo and then wait til 12' for Kevin Love=Championship!!!

    Wow....just....Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what makes Granger better than Mayo?

  28. #47
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Haha. Almost every national TV analyst that I know (including Jeff Van Gundy, Mark Jackson, Ryen Russilo, Charles Barkley and Bill Simmons) mentions him as a top 25-30 player of all-time. But they're all probably wrong because you don't think he's good, even though he's clearly the best European player ever and a top 5 international player in NBA history.

    Get a clue. Dirk's the most underrated superstar of this generation.

  29. #48
    Bmore Pacer fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    THE GRANGER ZONE
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha. Almost every national TV analyst that I know (including Jeff Van Gundy, Mark Jackson, Ryen Russilo, Charles Barkley and Bill Simmons) mentions him as a top 25-30 player of all-time. But they're all probably wrong because you don't think he's good, even though he's clearly the best European player ever and a top 5 international player in NBA history.

    Get a clue. Dirk's the most underrated superstar of this generation.
    Lol, alright bro you're right dirks the second comming of bird. Now one knows about him. Gtfoh

    They fit the exact same decription as you, they sackride the player doing good that year in the playoffs, its done in all sports. I bet you think Rose is the best point in the league right? idk what game you're watching but if you are really on here trying to proclaim dirk as a complete player then you need to stop watching ball because you have no idea what you are watching.

    You my friend need the clue
    Grab a star in Mayo and then wait til 12' for Kevin Love=Championship!!!

    Wow....just....Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what makes Granger better than Mayo?

  30. #49
    Bmore Pacer fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    THE GRANGER ZONE
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    So if blocks and hacking means good d, then monta ellis is a complete player because he gets a lot of steals, that's the gaurd version of the block
    Grab a star in Mayo and then wait til 12' for Kevin Love=Championship!!!

    Wow....just....Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what makes Granger better than Mayo?

  31. #50
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Jefferson

    The straw man argument continues. I'll just agree to disagree.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Al Jefferson on way out of Utah?
    By MyFavMartin in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 05:50 AM
  2. Chad Ford: Al Jefferson for Troy Murphy?
    By docpaul in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 01:43 PM
  3. Al Jefferson busted for a DWI
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 08:58 PM
  4. Nets, Jefferson Reach $78M Extension
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 11:36 PM
  5. ESPN insider: Jefferson and Howard star in summer league
    By PacerBlade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 08:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •