Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Mystical Power Forward

Default Re: The Mystical Power Forward

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where did this myth start that McBob is a center? B/c he's 6'10" doesn't make him a center. He has no back to the basket game, is a weak defender, and doesn't reb well. He doesn't block out worth a hoot, and he doesn't set good picks. Please put this myth of McBob is a center to rest!
    It is no myth when the guy played that position last year on several occasions. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4314
    Dont let the facts get in the way of your opinions!
    Last edited by troyc11a; 05-19-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    It is no myth when the guy played that position last year on several occasions. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4314
    Dont let the facts get in the way of your opinions!
    Sure he (tried to) played some C, that's because we were a fail.
    But you offered to use McBob as the main backup 5, that's crazy.
    McBob played 80 minutes at the 5 for us this season and had PER of 10.3.
    Foster's dead body had 15.3, and that doesn't even tell the full story. The real difference was even bigger.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    Sure he (tried to) played some C, that's because we were a fail.
    But you offered to use McBob as the main backup 5, that's crazy.
    McBob played 80 minutes at the 5 for us this season and had PER of 10.3.
    Foster's dead body had 15.3, and that doesn't even tell the full story. The real difference was even bigger.
    Well if Bill Russell is out there sign him up. We cannot fill every position at once and Back-up Center is way down list. We need a 4/5 contributor who can "D" and rebound. We need a backup wing that can score. And we probably need a backup point guard. I dont see all the fuss over a guy who might play 15 minutes a game. He will not be what holds us back.

Plus, if you notice his averages have improved every year he has been in the league. I think McBob has some real potential down the road. Some other team probable will too and we will lose him. So this is probably a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    How bout Granger for Patrick Patterson and 2011 14th pick?
    I like Patterson a lot, to me he's a Taj Gibson with a serious jumper. Fits us very well. I'd take him over Scola for us, actually.

But I'd want more than a 14 pick in that deal. Patterson, Courtney Lee and 14+23 pick? That's more interesting.
    Better yet - find a third team that can give us a good veteran in return.
    Granger and 15 pick for Patterson and Iguodala? Phillie gets Courtney Lee, 14, 15 picks and cap relief. Houston gets Granger. That one I'd love to happen.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

I like Patterson a lot, to me he's a Taj Gibson with a serious jumper. Fits us very well. I'd take him over Scola for us, actually.

But I'd want more than a 14 pick in that deal. Patterson, Courtney Lee and 14+23 pick? That's more interesting.
    Better yet - find a third team that can give us a good veteran in return.
    Granger and 15 pick for Patterson and Iguodala? Phillie gets Courtney Lee, 14, 15 picks and cap relief. Houston gets Granger. That one I'd love to happen.
    yea it was a bit weak but it was a starting point...ty ballism!

I like the 3 team real well, yea I like that alot. I also like the +23 pick too.

We cannot fill every position at once and Back-up Center is way down list. We need a 4/5 contributor who can "D" and rebound. We need a backup wing that can score. And we probably need a backup point guard.

Horsefeathers! The Pacers need a b/u center more than they need a b/u PG. McBob ISN'T b/u center material. He doesn't have the tools to play center... period! To be quite candid, McBob doesn't make a good pimple on Foster's *** as a center. Foster can reb, play some "D", box out, and set screens which McBob can't do, doesn't do, or won't do.

In answer to your statement, Bird with hard work and diligence can fill every position you mentione, and this comes from one who isn't even a Bird the FO person.

Mood

Not a PF, but what you think about trading James Posey (7mil) for Mehmet Okur (11 mil)? We get a descent backup for 4 mil and the option to dump him at next years trade deadline and Utah saves 4 mil.

Horsefeathers! The Pacers need a b/u center more than they need a b/u PG. McBob ISN'T b/u center material. He doesn't have the tools to play center... period! To be quite candid, McBob doesn't make a good pimple on Foster's *** as a center. Foster can reb, play some "D", box out, and set screens which McBob can't do, doesn't do, or won't do.

In answer to your statement, Bird with hard work and diligence can fill every position you mentione, and this comes from one who isn't even a Bird the FO person.
    The Pacers need a quality scorer period. The chances of filling all our needs in one offseason is slim. FA is not a real road to success unless you get guys like James, Wade, and Bosh to come play which is not happening. We need to be realistic. There are more scoring wing opportunities out there this year than big men. We might be able to get the wing or big in the draft. Which ever one is not drafted we need to target.

The Pacers need a quality scorer period. The chances of filling all our needs in one offseason is slim. FA is not a real road to success unless you get guys like James, Wade, and Bosh to come play which is not happening. We need to be realistic. There are more scoring wing opportunities out there this year than big men. We might be able to get the wing or big in the draft. Which ever one is not drafted we need to target.
    So instead of trying, you offer to just sign one of the worst backup 5 in the league? Come on man. That's your realistic approach?
    If you argue for McRoberts, argue for him as a third PF or something. Not the main Hibbert's backup. Foster, Stanko, Kwame, Jason Collins, heck, the spirit of Ilgauskas past sounds better than McRoberts as a 5.

Trading so you can move Tyler to the bench stinks. He is the only exciting player on this team otherwise it is just another NBA team, turn on the TV and watch whoever is on. Give the guy a chance. He only has 1 year of experience behind him and there were times this year when he was dynamite.

Guys I turn the tv on to watch are few and far between.

Rondo, Nash, Tyler, and absolutely nobody in Miami, NONE.

The great players are long gone - Cousy, Bird, McHale, Irving, Chamberlain, Robertson, etc.

I want excitement in my game and there is no one who is going to come in and take Tyler's place who brings more excitement to the game. I grant you they may end up with better stats but they will not bring more fun to watching a game. At my age I need more than wins.

So instead of trying, you offer to just sign one of the worst backup 5 in the league? Come on man. That's your realistic approach?
    If you argue for McRoberts, argue for him as a third PF or something. Not the main Hibbert's backup. Foster, Stanko, Kwame, Jason Collins, heck, the spirit of Ilgauskas past sounds better than McRoberts as a 5.
    What I am saying is very logical. Do not sign a back up just to address the position. If one is not there who will make an impact, wait until next offseason when there will again be money and possible trade partners. I dont understand your logic of signing someone because the need is there. Then we will have another highly paid infective player (ala Croshere). Let's get it right. If we can't - wait until we can. McBob is serviceable until then. When we get the right guy - McBob = 3rd PF!

What I am saying is very logical. Do not sign a back up just to address the position. If one is not there who will make an impact, wait until next offseason when there will again be money and possible trade partners. I dont understand your logic of signing someone because the need is there. Then we will have another highly paid infective player (ala Croshere). Let's get it right. If we can't - wait until we can. McBob is serviceable until then. When we get the right guy - McBob = 3rd PF!

I hope you aren't one that thinks McBob is going to be re-signed for MLE type money. Talk about a waste of money!

I hope you aren't one that thinks McBob is going to be re-signed for MLE type money. Talk about overpaying and a waste of money!

Mehh if you'd rather pay McBob to be the worst 5 in the league than similar money to Foster or someone else, so be it. At least you think it's "very logical", so there's that.
    Pointless to argue anyway, since obviously Vogel doesn't see it the way you see it.
    Last edited by ballism; 05-20-2011 at 12:37 PM.

I hope you aren't one that thinks McBob is going to be re-signed for MLE type money. Talk about overpaying and a waste of money!
    No way, he is a cheap alternative until we can find someone who can fill the spot. He should be much cheaper than Foster. Understand, I am not saying he is the solution. But I dont want to see long term money committed to someone else who is not either. This team is young and I dont want to see a bad contract given to someone who doesnt fit.

Mehh if you'd rather pay McBob to be the worst 5 in the league than similar money to Foster or someone else, so be it. At least you think it's "very logical", so there's that.
    Pointless to argue anyway, since obviously Vogel doesn't see it the way you see it.
    You really need to go back and read my posts. Your responses are not even logical to the points I am making. Totally irrelevant.

You really need to go back and read my posts. Your responses are not even logical to the points I am making. Totally irrelevant.
    Well, it seems this discussion has turned into the most dull part of the thread, so I'd rather not. Lets leave it at I don't understand you.

Well, it seems this discussion has turned into the most dull part of the thread, so I'd rather not. Lets leave it at I don't understand you.
    It's pretty simple really, pick up the parts we can pick up this year and try to pick up the rest next year. Sounds pretty simple. I am advocating a 2yr plan instead of a 1 year plan.

Mood

Not a PF, but what you think about trading James Posey (7mil) for Mehmet Okur (11 mil)? We get a descent backup for 4 mil and the option to dump him at next years trade deadline and Utah saves 4 mil.
    Would someone please give me feedback on this? Please, Good / Bad / something?

Utah could actually use Posey and they have cap issues and we could use Okur. I know this isn't a blockbuster trade but I think it's easy and we can gain large for little. I personally think he is as good as any bench center free agent and Pacers wouldn't have the long term contract. I don't think Pacers will trade Hibbert, so he will remain our starter. It would allow better trades in other positions with less risk as a whole. Also, This will give a no risk trade option at the trade deadline next year, if needed. Playoff teams always want an expiring contract of a big man. I can't find a better senario to dump Posey without getting hurt.

Would someone please give me feedback on this? Please, Good / Bad / something?

Utah could actually use Posey and they have cap issues and we could use Okur. I know this isn't a blockbuster trade but I think it's easy and we can gain large for little. I personally think he is as good as any bench center free agent and Pacers wouldn't have the long term contract. I don't think Pacers will trade Hibbert, so he will remain our starter. It would allow better trades in other positions with less risk as a whole. Also, This will give a no risk trade option at the trade deadline next year, if needed. Playoff teams always want an expiring contract of a big man. I can't find a better senario to dump Posey without getting hurt.
    Well, good for us if we aren't using all the cap space. We don't lose anything except 4 mil of cash. Obviously, Okur may be hurt next year again, and even if he's not, it's not clear he'll be any good. But neither is Posey. So, we either waste a bit of owner's money, or we have a decent backup 5 for one season. He's not perfect, but he does defend the post ok-ish. No loss.

I don't think Utah would just give him away to save 4 mil, though. If he comes back and plays well, you can still get something back for him. And Utah isn't in a bad cap situation anymore.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post: