Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Mystical Power Forward

Default Re: The Mystical Power Forward

ttp://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=19824

What do you guys think of LUC Mbah Moute I think he would be a perfect fit with Tyler's game either of the bench or as a 25 minute a night starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan8831 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ttp://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=19824

What do you guys think of LUC Mbah Moute I think he would be a perfect fit with Tyler's game either of the bench or as a 25 minute a night starter.
    One of my favorite non Pacer players in the league based on his defense and physical play, but every other team knows his value too, I think. I'd think you have to overpay to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    One of my favorite non Pacer players in the league based on his defense and physical play, but every other team knows his value too, I think. I'd think you have to overpay to get him.
    Speed, what is he good at. I admit I have not really seen him play. I see his name brought up on here every once in a while. His stats aren't great and at 6'8" he seems to be undersized also. Is he great at defense or something? Does he have great potential? We really need a strong presence at the 4. Can he give it to us? I watched a couple of videos and he does have a nice jumper. He looks like he could be good at the pick and roll or pick and pop.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dwight Howard.

Go big, or go home.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Who else did I miss?
    Nice idea with the +/- wins.

I do think you are too generous. If I had to bet, I'd guess noone on that list adds over 5 wins.
    Don't get me wrong, with full year of better coaching, with improvement from youngsters, I think we'll be around 42-45 team either way. That's even if we add no veteran bigs.
    But I think none of those bigs gets us 9 or 10 wins on top of it.

I'd pick Varejao as the best +/- guy for us, but I think Taj Gibson would be nearly as good choice and much better long term.
    Taj is just a perfect fit. Not the all star people want. But he's got all we need. Energy, shot blocking, overall defense and hustle, good personality, he even had a midrange jumper last year (not so much this year). If he can get the jump shot back, that pushes him over Varejao for me.

I don't understand the idea that Scola and Nene are great fits for us. Those are offensive minded players. We need D, shot blocking and rebounding. Well, Nene remembers to defend every other quarter, so there's that. And Scola does have 20 great rebounding games a year (and 60 miserable). But that doesn't exactly solve our problems.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    Speed, what is he good at. I admit I have not really seen him play. I see his name brought up on here every once in a while. His stats aren't great and at 6'8" he seems to be undersized also. Is he great at defense or something? Does he have great potential? We really need a strong presence at the 4. Can he give it to us? I watched a couple of videos and he does have a nice jumper. He looks like he could be good at the pick and roll or pick and pop.
    I'm a sucker for intense defenders. He can guard quick 3s to strong 4s. He plays hard and physical, but fast and smart defensively. He's limited offensively, he can hit the knock down standing jumper and get some put backs. He also can disappear, at times offensively. He can also trigger runs defensively. He fits that mold, for me, that opposing players get tired of him harrassing them, when he's applying himself all out. I guess overall I like his physical style, but the ability to be physical but also athletic. I don't think you see that often. Usually guys are big and strong or quick and athletic. He is a combination of both, imo.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Blatche - has talent to be a top player in the NBA, he's selfish, lacks work ethic, doesn't play hard often especially if he's not shooting or really scoring. I'd lable him a cancer actually. He is really good, but its diminished greatly. No thanks!! Plus 2 wins to minus 2 wins.

Verajeo - is Noah lite. He has the foot speed to stay with many power forwards and the size and tenacity to play center. He brings you extra possessions with offensive rebounding and exceptional defense in the front court. He's has 3 guaranteed years left on his contract at 7.9, 8.6, 9.2. This is a good get I think. I also think he would be available since Cleveland is building from the ground up. He turns 30 in September, so thats not great. Plus 5 wins.

Carl Landry - inconsistent undersized guy who can score on occaision. He needs the right match up to play well, imo. He killed Troy Murphy when with the Pacers (who didn't), but if he was matched up against Boozer or Noah, he'd get killed in a playoff series. Landry is a good back PF imo, but not what the Pacers need. Even.

Who else did I miss?
    I would put Chuck Hayes in there. I dont' remember who has been indoctrinating the board with Hayes talk but it worked on me. I think he might be a better fit than Landry for his defense and rebounding.

I'm a sucker for intense defenders. He can guard quick 3s to strong 4s. He plays hard and physical, but fast and smart defensively. He's limited offensively, he can hit the knock down standing jumper and get some put backs. He also can disappear, at times offensively. He can also trigger runs defensively. He fits that mold, for me, that opposing players get tired of him harrassing them, when he's applying himself all out. I guess overall I like his physical style, but the ability to be physical but also athletic. I don't think you see that often. Usually guys are big and strong or quick and athletic. He is a combination of both, imo.
    Agreed. He's not big, but his strength makes up for it. The rare player that can guard the 3 and 4 effectively thanks to his speed. Quick response time, too, knows what's going on around him. Really the unsung hero of the Bucks season, was able to mask a lot of holes in their lineup and cover for guys that were a step slow due to injury.

Not going to give you much offensively, though he could probably do more. Will probably never develop it either. Raw skills plus defensive intensity doesn't leave much on the offensive end.

Would love to have him, but I think Skiles would fight to the death anyone who came to take him.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

I'm not a big fan of Sideshow Bob, but his production-to-contract value is efficient.

Rush, #15, and cap space for Vaj-Vaj?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    I would put Chuck Hayes in there. I dont' remember who has been indoctrinating the board with Hayes talk but it worked on me. I think he might be a better fit than Landry for his defense and rebounding.
    Chuck Hayes - Jeff Foster type, under sized vertically, but not in hustle and strength. Does all of those un stat things, just like Jeff. Not the offensive rebounder that Jeff is, but who is. He is however a tough guy in a league with few tough guys. He does what he does and doesn't try to do things he isn't capable of. Underated role player, if he was 4 inches taller he'd be regarded as one of the top guys role players in the league. He can't guard tall 4s who can shoot from outside, but he will foul the living S%^& out of them. I like him, but again, I like physical tough players. He would eliminate the need to bring Jeff back. Projects as a top back up big, but not a starter, unless your center is Dominant offensively. Plus 4 wins

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Agreed. He's not big, but his strength makes up for it. The rare player that can guard the 3 and 4 effectively thanks to his speed. Quick response time, too, knows what's going on around him. Really the unsung hero of the Bucks season, was able to mask a lot of holes in their lineup and cover for guys that were a step slow due to injury.

Not going to give you much offensively, though he could probably do more. Will probably never develop it either. Raw skills plus defensive intensity doesn't leave much on the offensive end.

Would love to have him, but I think Skiles would fight to the death anyone who came to take him.
    I agree, coaches wet dream. Good point too that he covers others around him defensively. He is also a cover corner type. He would look good on any team in the East having to cover Lebron, Deng, Pierce, and Granger. "Edited, he can not hit the knock down 3."
    Last edited by Speed; 05-18-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Sideshow Bob, but his production-to-contract value is efficient.

I agree, I wouldn't give up the farm for him. He's a piece not the piece. I do like that he would fit pretty well with both Tyler and Roy though. If you sign him and Jeff, along with Tyler in the front court, you may lead the league in almost fights or Flagrant 1s.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

Maybe Rush+15+Posey(salary match)+ 2nd round pick would do it.

He would be perfect for our bench. Guys like him will win teams championships. Long, physical, and athletic. Not enough game to start but is a physical and athletic presence. We really need that. Is he a FA or RFA?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    We don't have to match salaries.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

They really need a big if we trade for Varejao. Maybe we give the rights of Stanko to them as well.

We dont need to match salary as long as more comes back to us. I would be thrilled if Rush and #15 will get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    They really need a big if we trade for Varejao. Maybe we give the rights of Stanko to them as well.
    Could they not get a big with the 15?

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    Could they not get a big with the 15?
    They could but they would need a one to start day one. In this draft I am not seeing it with the 15th pick.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    We don't have to match salaries.
    I know that, but if I was the Pacers I would try to send Posey as part of the package.

Edit: it would be like replacing Posey for him
    Last edited by vnzla81; 05-18-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

It's funny the one thing he can do is hit the knock down open 3, I think, which is exactly what the off wing has to do in the current Pacers offense.
    Over three NBA seasons, he's taken only 28 threes and hit only 6 of them. He was 0-7 last year.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

28. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Over three NBA seasons, he's taken only 28 threes and hit only 6 of them. He was 0-7 last year.
    It must have been summer league?

I doubt 15 pick in this draft does it for the Cavs.
    And Rush is probably irrelevant for Cavs. No meaningfull trade value, I'd guess.
    They can do better than a 15 pick. I'm sure Boston would give all their picks till 2015 for Varejao if they could.
    There would be enough buyers. Defensive mobile big men who can play at center are in fashion.

But I think there's a good chance that he's available. Because of how the lottery went for the Cavs.
    If they like Kanter enough and pick him at 4, it will make sense to sell Varejao while he's under 30.
    For a few picks maybe. Or maybe they do like Stanko/Lorbek and would take them and a pick.
    Last edited by ballism; 05-18-2011 at 12:38 PM.

There you go again getting my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I'm guessing he hit all 6 against the Pacers and I must be mis remembering.