Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Western Conference Finals: (3) Dallas vs. (4) Oklahoma City

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 2011 Western Conference Finals: (3) Dallas vs. (4) Oklahoma City

OKC is going to own the west sooner than later, but I think this is Dallas's year. All those hungry vets didn't get this far to get knocked off by a team of kids. They can wear out OKC with their depth like they did to the Lakers.

Mavs in 6.

Default Re: 2011 Western Conference Finals: (3) Dallas vs. (4) Oklahoma City

Mavs in 6 or 7

Experience wins out

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mavs in 7

OKC in 6

Banned

Dallas in 6

Good match-up of new vs. old in a way.

2 high scoring teams, but games will likely come down to experience and defense, and for that I'll take the Mavs, even though this is the type of series the Mavs normally lose, with the expectations of winning

OKC in 6.

It's in the matchups. Dirk is probably unstoppable, and so is Durant, given who are the players guarding them.

Westbrook is fast and can score in bunches. Barea may not be as effective in this series as he was on the Lakers series.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gosh, I can't wait for this series. Good playoffs this year. Thunder should be in sync, while Dallas may be rusty. After the Mavs destroyed the Lakers, I have a hard time picking against them however.

Mavs in 7.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm picking OKC in 5. I think Dallas's run has been overrated because the champs were clearly not themselves, and a lot of the problems the Mavs gave the Lakers don't persist in this match-up, plus I see Westbrook lighting up Kidd, and noone stopping Durant.

OKC has the bodies to play Dirk at least decently and make it tougher for him and I like the Thunder's depth better than Dallas.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mavs in 7

mavs in 7.

go dallas.

Sports Logo

My wallet says Thunder in 7 but my heart says Mavs in 6.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My wallet says Thunder in 7 but my heart says Mavs in 6.
    Why would you not want to see a game 7 if the Pacers are not involved?

A lot of people are picking the Mavs because they saw Dirk pick a part the Lakers, but what you they're forgetting is the Lakers had no counter. They had Kobe who is a great guard, but he'll never kill anyone.

OKC has both Durant and Westbrook who will have a field day with the Mavs. Sure Kidd did an ok guarding Kobe.. but with Westbrook? You're high if you think they can put Kidd on him and he won't personally destroy them. The Mavs have absolutely no answer for OKC.

Yes, Westbrook is scary for Mavs. Mavs had a field day with Andre Miller and Derek Fisher. And Kobe and Brandon Roy didn't add all that much pressure to the rim besides one game from Roy.
    Westbrook and Harden is a whole different beast in the backcourt.

I'll take OKC in 5 and Heat in 6 (they will start to defend Rose smarter, I'd expect).
    But I'll root for Dallas and Bulls. And I'll root for Dallas winning it all.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Miami will defend Rose better when LA starts defending Dirk better.

They can't guard him. Miami doesn't have a team gameplan like Chicago does.

I'm fairly certain Dallas having 7-8 weapons trumps OKC's 2. Did we learn nothing from the Lakers series?

If someone could sell me that OKC had an answer for Dirk where LA did not, I'd buy that. But they don't.
    Last edited by Kstat; 05-16-2011 at 05:13 AM.

I hope you are right. We'll see. Every team still in the playoffs supposedly has an unstoppable force and immovable team defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Miami will defend Rose better when LA starts defending Dirk better.

They can't guard him. Miami doesn't have a team gameplan like Chicago does.

I'm fairly certain Dallas having 7-8 weapons trumps OKC's 2. Did we learn nothing from the Lakers series?

If someone could sell me that OKC had an answer for Dirk where LA did not, I'd buy that. But they don't.
    I have no explanation as to why Lebron and Wade were not defending Rose all game, but to act like Miami doesn't have anyone to guard Rose is ridiculous. They do. They actually have two elite defenders that can defend Rose.

Dirk against LA was different because dirk is among the three entirely unguardable players in the league. The thing is, as long as you play decent defense (see: Ibaka) and you exploit every other matchup, you will win. In OKC's favor, they will win literally every other matchup against the Mavs.

As Kstat would say, "Did we learn nothing from the last 10 years of the playoffs?"

Had Pau not played like a *****, had Kobe exploited his matchup against Kidd (what an incredible mismatch! though Kobe has never played great in the playoffs, he should have averaged 40 agaisnt kidd) the Lakers would have won...

No one right now in the NBA can stop Dirk. That's my true belief. If his supporting cast can hold up, this is the Maverick's championship to lose.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    ?"

Had Pau not played like a *****, had Kobe exploited his matchup against Kidd (what an incredible mismatch! though Kobe has never played great in the playoffs, he should have averaged 40 agaisnt kidd) the Lakers would have won...
    ....so Kobe couldn't exploit his mismatch, but Westbrook and Durant Will?

Maybe, just maybe, Dallas is a better defensive team than you realize?

Pau got beaten by a better player. It's silly to act like he could have outplayed Dirk, but he simply chose not to.

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    I have no explanation as to why Lebron and Wade were not defending Rose all game, but to act like Miami doesn't have anyone to guard Rose is ridiculous. They do. They actually have two elite defenders that can defend Rose.
    This reminds me of 2004, when people were wondering why Kobe wasn't guarding Billups. Wing players are not used to guarding point guards. That's what made guys like Pippen special as a defender. It's very difficult to do.
    Last edited by Kstat; 05-16-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Pau got beaten by a better player. It's silly to act like he could have outplayed Dirk, but he simply chose not to.
    I didn't realize Dirk was such a great post defender..... It should have been a mismatch on both ends, but only one player took advantage.

Pau played soft. He played like he didn't care, and his awful numbers from that series reflect that fact.

Pau has no heart. None.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I didn't realize Dirk was such a great post defender..... It should have been a mismatch on both ends, but only one player took advantage.

Pau played soft. He played like he didn't care, and his awful numbers from that series reflect that fact.

Pau has no heart. None.
    Dirk is a better defender than people realize, and he's gotten better with age.

It also helps that for the first time in his life, he has several other frontcourt players willing to do the dirty work.

So they did the dirty work on Pau and just let Bynum do his thing?

And none of it explains why Pau also had a horrible first round series. Statisically, he played worse that series, than he did against Dallas. He actually shot better and rebounded better against Dallas.

Pau looked disinterested. He played with zero passion. He was lazy.

He didn't enter the series and slowly get phased out. He went in looking like a zombie, and continued to play that way.

Let's not pretend like he was playing good basketball, and the defensive effort by Dirk was some amazing feat. Pau was playing like crap, and continued playing like crap, eventhough he was being defended by a player who has never been known for defense.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

I'm not pretending Pau was in a good mental state, just like I'm not pretending he was ever a better basketball player than Dirk Nowitzki.