Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger has a Twitter Ghostwriter?

Default Danny Granger has a Twitter Ghostwriter?

http://m.deadspin.com//5801803/

Reading this article from Deadspin.com today about Dwight Gooden "confirming" his Twitter account and this line stood out:

"I also recently heard a disheartening story about a young woman who worked full time as a Twitter ghostwriter for guys like Amare Stoudamire and Danny Granger, so it's just nice to know that Gooden is an honest soul when he writes basically meaningless 140-character remarks on the internet"

Strange that Danny would actually pay someone to manage his Twitter account, especially since he Tweets so infrequently compared to other Pacers. Especially since some of his comments while at the World Championships drew some ire.

Not a big deal. Just interesting. Any other Pacers known/suspected to do this? I'd be a little disappointed if I found out PG or Roy weren't actually writing their own tweets, since they always seem like honest communication about their thoughts and routine.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Danny Granger has a Twitter Ghostwriter?

Roy is definitely doing his own. They all seem legit though.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

I bet Rudy Gay writes his own! Make a deal!
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Where can I get a twitter ghost writing job?

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

You know you have too much money when you pay someone to tweet for you.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Yes, he has someone that handles his Twitter and Facebook accounts. I know the person; he's a close friend of one my colleagues.

He's not the only NBA player. There are other stars who do this, including Dwight Howard. Of course, Danny can also make his own tweets (e.g. dead donkeys) but maybe the EAS tweets make more sense to people now.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, he has someone that handles his Twitter and Facebook accounts. I know the person; he's a close friend of one my colleagues.

He's not the only NBA player. There are other stars who do this, including Dwight Howard. Of course, Danny can also make his own tweets (e.g. dead donkeys) but maybe the EAS tweets make more sense to people now.
    Makes sense that celebrities and athletes would hire someone to manage their Twitter accounts, especially in light of the recent Rashard Mendenhall and (to a lesser extent) Reggie Bush fiascoes. It's all PR and you need to make sure you put your best foot forward.

Just saying that it makes me appreciate PG and Roy more (even Rush!) for their openness and honesty with their fans.

Also, I second the above sentiment. How can I get one of these jobs?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't understand how it can be good PR for any player to blatantly pay someone to pretend to be them. If this is the case Danny should change his facebook and twitter pages to "fan pages" from which he posts occasional messages instead of misleading fans to believe that he is really engaging publicly on a daily basis. It wouldn't be good PR to pay someone to sign autographs for you, would it? This is more or less the same thing.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    I don't understand how it can be good PR for any player to blatantly pay someone to pretend to be them. If this is the case Danny should change his facebook and twitter pages to "fan pages" from which he posts occasional messages instead of misleading fans to believe that he is really engaging publicly on a daily basis. It wouldn't be good PR to pay someone to sign autographs for you, would it? This is more or less the same thing.
    Just think of how many of us even knew it was not Danny. Now imagine how many casual fans likely know whether or not Danny actually tweets. I am guessing most people assume it is him. I know I always did.

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    Just think of how many of us even knew it was not Danny. Now imagine how many casual fans likely know whether or not Danny actually tweets. I am guessing most people assume it is him. I know I always did.
    Me too. The whole thing is pretty ****ty if you ask me.

Personally, I have no problem if athletes don't want to engage with people, I really don't care. However, pretending to engage is pretty insulting to a lot of people. I mean, can you imagine if you were some kid in Indiana who got Danny to send you a tweet on your birthday and you later found out it was just some everyday PR guy sitting at a desk in Los Angeles? Not a great way to win fans.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Ya, I have to think he has to put out at least some of his tweets. Who knows though.

Ummmm...why you pay someone to tweet about a woman farting in the elevator?

Exactly.

The content of his tweets leads me to believe it is him and the person in the story is mistaken, but who knows.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to redfoster For This Useful Post:

Mood

I suspect he pays someone to tweet announcements and things like that. There's no way they're all not him.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

I was just talking about this to my manager tonight. The vast majority of his tweets are his own would be my guess, but not sure he knows the password to his Facebook page.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to El Pacero For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

When a player tweets, the majority of the time, it is really them. When they reply and retweet, that is most likely a GW.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That is a bunch of horseraddish danny granger tweets like twice a month I hardly think he pays somebody to do that for him. And when he does tweet he almost always tells a story about somthing that happened to him.
    Getting pulled over, the old woman who scammed him for money.
    I hardly believe he would pay a person to tweet for him. I know there are people who do that but thats a bogus claim! And for the rest of the guys We all know PG is doing his own twitter just look at his convos with the #packgang and I even talked to him at the airport about a conversation we had on twitter. Roy as well has talked to me about twitter convos. As a matter of fact I think Dwight Goodin Paid a guy to write that story! How do ya like them apples?
    Applesauce!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:

Going through his tweets now, yea that's him. His facebook page...not so much. Twitter is so handy, you can download it on your phone and takes two seconds to write something. I don't believe he would pay someone to type things such as, "Manny Pacquio is crip walkin on this dude."
    Here we come lottery?

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

I think it is funny that people still don't believe it when it's confirmed by imawhat and El Pacero. His Facebook page is obviously managed by someone else. And it's been confirmed by the above posters that his Twitter is at least partially as well. Not sure why it's so difficult to believe - even the stories from his daily life, like one about the old woman with the baby, could have been told to and transcribed by another person. Heck, could've been even outright fabricated (VERY unlikely, but possible).

I get why - like I said, I'm sure Rashard Mendenhall wishes someone was censoring his tweets. Just disappointing, and it makes me grateful for the players that actually DO manage their own accounts.

Sports Logo

My guess is, he hired one after the donkeys incident

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

Why would you believe El Pacero they guy wont even tell us his real name? lol
    and btw pacero said he guesses his tweets are mostly his own. and as far as fb probably not tell me one player other than paul george who has a real facebook?
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
    I think it is funny that people still don't believe it when it's confirmed by imawhat and El Pacero. His Facebook page is obviously managed by someone else. And it's been confirmed by the above posters that his Twitter is at least partially as well. Not sure why it's so difficult to believe - even the stories from his daily life, like one about the old woman with the baby, could have been told to and transcribed by another person. Heck, could've been even outright fabricated (VERY unlikely, but possible).

I get why - like I said, I'm sure Rashard Mendenhall wishes someone was censoring his tweets. Just disappointing, and it makes me grateful for the players that actually DO manage their own accounts.
    Last edited by kielbeze; 05-14-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    Why would you believe El Pacero they guy wont even tell us his real name? lol
    and btw pacero said he guesses his tweets are mostly his own. and as far as fb probably not tell me one player other than paul george who has a real facebook?
    El Pacero has never been anything but honest regarding information he knows about players/management as far as I am aware. I consider his word good. I'll certainly believe Deadspin - although they can be a little "gossipy" at times they were the site that broke the Brett Farve scandal before the mainstream media ran with it. They have a reasonable amount of credibility.

In reality, this is a minor issue that isn't worth arguing over! In the end, I'm still following any and all Pacers on Twitter - heck, I'm still following TJ Ford!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Professor S For This Useful Post:

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

Gonna have to talk to my manager... he wrote that post last night.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to El Pacero For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
    El Pacero has never been anything but honest regarding information he knows about players/management as far as I am aware. I consider his word good. I'll certainly believe Deadspin - although they can be a little "gossipy" at times they were the site that broke the Brett Farve scandal before the mainstream media ran with it. They have a reasonable amount of credibility.

In reality, this is a minor issue that isn't worth arguing over! In the end, I'm still following any and all Pacers on Twitter - heck, I'm still following TJ Ford!
    I hate to break it to you But Pacero is not really a Pacers fan at all he is a paid informant for several NBA teams. Didn't you see him in DC Chicago and Milwaukee dudes a rat.