Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50

Thread: Bird re-signing a mistake?

  1. #1
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,603

    Default Bird re-signing a mistake?

    http://indiana.sbnation.com/indiana-...bird-as-pacers

    May 12, 2011 - The big news two days ago was, after an exhausting five minute meeting, Indiana Pacers Herb Simon decided to retain Larry Bird as president of the organization.

    This face-to-face sit down happened after weeks of speculation that Bird was on his way out, including a very credible report from Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo! Sports that Pacers executive Jim Morris contacted the San Antonio Spurs about hiring Dennis Lindsey to run Indiana's front office. Also mixed into this was the very public media slap fight between Bird and Simon, where Bird openly questioned Simon's willingness to spend money on the team, and Simon responding afterward that he was 'disappointed' in Bird's comments.

    After all that, a five minute meeting places the Pacers and Bird back in the same place they were at the start of last season. Five minutes. I mean, why even meet in person? Simon could have just phoned Bird, told him he'd be retained year-to-year, and that's it. Why all the drama if the outcome was so 'meh'?

    The more one looks at this, the more it seems that Simon and the Pacers don't know what to do with themselves.

    One minute, Simon's openly expressing 'disappointment' with Bird's criticism of ownership in the media, and the next he's shaking hands with him, saying Larry can 'say anything he wants.' One minute, Jim Morris is actively trying to hire one of the hottest personnel executives in the NBA (Lindsey), and the next Herb Simon is saying Larry Bird can remain president 'as long as he wants.'

    The 'as long as he wants' thing is also a bit weird seeing as there is no signed contract between Bird and the Pacers. Their agreement is, literally, a 'handshake agreement' because Larry Bird just isn't into signing contracts anymore.

    No, really. I'm not kidding. It's an actual handshake.

    What kind of professional sports team operates this way? A 'handshake agreement' with the man who is the team's overlord of basketball operations? Do you see such agreements in LA with the Lakers? In Chicago with the Bulls? Do you see the Indianapolis Colts doing 'handshake agreements' between Bill Polian and Jim Irsay? This is professional sports were talking about here! A $95 million dollar business that is funded with $33.5 million in taxpayer dough.

    A handshake?

    One has to wonder if Bird's comments about Simon's penchant for not spending didn't have an inkling of truth. Prior to Tuesday, the speculation was Simon wanted Bird back, but wanted to pay him less than $3 mill a year. Rather than re-sign Bird to a multi-year deal, along with team general manager David Morway, the Pacers are going to keep both men on a year-to-year basis. Basically, these two guys are lame duck GMs until the team regresses. When it does so, Simon will dump both of them at the drop of a hat, and likely try to hire Dennis Lindsey.

    If you're a player on this team, how can you have any faith in the management when the owner pretty clearly isn't willing to fork over a substantial financial commitment to retain them? Why would you care what they think or say if you know they're just being retained year-to-year?

    Obviously, the upcoming NBA lockout is probably affecting Simon's decision-making here. Simon doesn't want to sink millions into a new brain trust at Conseco only to see them sitting on their hands while the owners and players fight each other over revenues until December. Simon also doesn't want to make a change because local sentiment will always have misplaced loyalty to Bird.

    However, despite that sentiment, the reality is he hasn't been very good at his job as either Pacers president or general manager (when he worked for Donnie Walsh). Remember, it was Bird who fired Rick Carlisle in 2007, stating that the team needed a 'change in culture.' This was the same Rick Carlisle Bird had hired in 2003 to replace Isiah Thomas. The reason for that move was a 'change in culture.'

    This is also the same Rick Carlisle who, as coach of the Dallas Mavericks, out-coached Phil Jackson in the recent Mavericks v. Lakers playoffs series, which resulted in a four-game sweep of the Lake Show.

    Carlisle's replacement was Jim O'Brien, and seemingly from day one the hire was a disaster. In January 2011, credible reports circulated that it was not Bird who wanted to fire O'Brien despite the club spiraling out of control and sitting ten games under .500. Bird had made several public shows of support for O'Brien, all but dismissing any suggestion the coach's job was in trouble. The decision to fire O'Brien in January was actually made by Herb Simon, and Bird had to do go along with it or face the chopping block himself.

    With Bird's handpicked hire gone, the team turned to unproven and untested assistant Frank Vogel. Vogel then junked nearly everything O'Brien had installed within the team and looked to coach-up players who had lost their confidence under O'Brien's rule (like Roy Hibbert). The results were a 20-18 record and a playoff birth, the first since 2006.

    Again, a coaching change Larry Bird did not want ended up saving the season. What other GM in this league survives that kind of slap in the face?

    After listening to Indianapolis Star writer Mike Wells the other day on Indianapolis radio station 1070 The Fan, the sentiment I got from him is that most people aren't ready to judge Bird harshly until after the summer. This off-season, the Pacers will have $33.5 million in cap space. If Bird spends it wisely, the move to retain him was a success. If he screws up and blows all the money on Jamal Crawford or Andre Kirilenko, then folks can 'fairly' criticize him.

    Here's my counter to that logic:

    If you are 100% convinced Bird is the current and long term leader of this franchise, then what he does this off-season shouldn't matter. One either has 100% faith in their leader, or they don't. And if they don't, reason suggests that person shouldn't be the leader. And after nine years in the front office, we all kind of know how Bird runs things. So, what's with all the fence-sitting?

    And if you're still sitting on the fence after nine years, doesn't that kind of tell you something?

    I have no words for how silly it is to say one has to wait on judging Bird until whether or not he plunges the team back into cap hell this summer. It simply reeks of Simon looking for an excuse to dump Bird, fearing that tossing the 'French Lick Hick' on his butt at this stage will cause some kind of fan backlash at a time when people aren't cursing the Pacers for fleecing them with the CIB deal, but instead are optimistic about the team's future. It's important to remember that it was Bird who put the team in that position in the first place when he traded Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington for the bloated contracts of Mike Dunleavy and Troy Murphy back in 2007.

    It's now four years later, and Dunleavy's contract is finally coming off the books.

    At the end of the day, Herb Simon not signing Bird to a contract says all one needs to hear. The nonsense that Bird is 'done with contracts' is equally insulting to anyone with a micron of intelligence. Any personnel head unwilling to sign on the dotted line himself (but expects players to do it) is not someone you want running your basketball operations. This doesn't take into account the numerous botched deadline day trades (O.J. Mayo in 2011, D.J. Augustin in 2010), bad drafts picks (Shawne Williams, Brandon Rush, Lance Stephenson), and other questionable roster moves (T.J. Ford, Sarunas Jasikevicius) with Bird's fingerprints all over them.

    I mean seriously! What the hell is Larry Bird's skin made of? Teflon!

    The guy I personally feel a little sorry for in all this is David Morway. While Bird might not care about signing a contract, I highly doubt Morway is happy with the non-committal handshake Bird and Simon have going with each other. Morway is looking for a real commitment from Indiana. He's set up his family here, and he wants to stay with the Pacers long-term.


    After twelve years here, my wife and I and my boys have become Hoosiers. We certainly want to stay and we're hopeful that, if, Larry decided to leave, that I would have the opportunity to run the franchise from the basketball side of it. It's something that would be a dream come true for me.

    The other losers in this whole silly fiasco are the fans. Next year this time, we'll probably be in this exact same situation asking the same silly questions. Will Bird return? Will Morway return? If Vogel is signed to a contract, but the team regresses next season, does he return if Morway and Bird are sent packing?

    It all should have been put to rest on Tuesday. Bird and Morway should have been signed to new contracts, ending any speculation as to their future. If one or both of them were unwilling to commit in that way, then both should have been jettisoned with the Pacers moving on to hire Dennis Lindsey or former-Trailblazer general manager Kevin Pritchard.

    The personnel department has to be 'all in,' or not at all. 'All in' includes contracts, not meaningless handshakes, false smiles, and the kind of half-hearted effort to improve that has defined this franchise since Reggie Miller retired in 2004.

    I truly hope Larry Bird is successful using the $33.5 million to improve the Pacers. Making the franchise relevant again is critical to Indiana area sports. But, if Bird screws this up, as he has done many times before, the damage to the franchise could be long-lasting. Indiana fans have already grown tired of the NBA and it's silly system of rewarding large market franchises at the expense of smaller markets. The Pacers must have a revival if the franchise is to become something fans think is worth spending money on.

    One only needs to re-watch Game Four of the Bulls v. Pacers series (paying close attention to the stands) to see just how little interest Indiana fans have in this franchise after years of futility.
    For more on the Indiana Pacers, check out Indy Cornrows
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 05-13-2011 at 04:26 PM.
    Sittin on top of the world!

  2. #2
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,620

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bird resigning a mistake?

    Bird didn't resign. He really didn't re-sign either considering that he working on a handshake deal with Mr. Simon and it sounds like there is no actual contract involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    I changed the thread title from resigning to re-signing

  5. #4
    Boom Baby! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,747

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    Way too soon to park Lance Stephenson in the wasted draft pick category. As for Brandon, as maddening as he can be with his inconsistency, he is far from a waste. i wish he'd be more assertive, and more steady, but the guy can play the game when he wants to. Shawne didn't work out here, but last I checked, he was still in the league. I'd say a handshake between these two men means a lot more than the ridicule this writer assigns to that. I disagree with some of his post, but not all.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,528

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://indiana.sbnation.com/indiana-...bird-as-pacers



    For more on the Indiana Pacers, check out Indy Cornrows
    Um, why the plug for Indy Cornrows at the end there? Not that I'm opposed to it, it just seemed out of place.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  8. #6
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,190

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    Here's my harsh opinion. It's frustrating when someone intelligent enough to be that articulate writes a stupid article filled with conjecture and errors. And it's equally frustrating when someone forms a strong opinion based on errors and misinformation.

  9. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  10. #7
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,528

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    I had a hard time taking this seriously after reading this.

    One minute, Jim Morris is actively trying to hire one of the hottest personnel executives in the NBA (Lindsey)
    Contacting a team for permission to talk to a person and actively trying to hire them are two totally different things.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Bird resigning a mistake?

    I have no words for how silly it is to say one has to wait on judging Bird until whether or not he plunges the team back into cap hell this summer. It simply reeks of Simon looking for an excuse to dump Bird, fearing that tossing the 'French Lick Hick' on his butt at this stage will cause some kind of fan backlash at a time when people aren't cursing the Pacers for fleecing them with the CIB deal, but instead are optimistic about the team's future. It's important to remember that it was Bird who put the team in that position in the first place when he traded Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington for the bloated contracts of Mike Dunleavy and Troy Murphy back in 2007.

    It's now four years later, and Dunleavy's contract is finally coming off the books.

    At the end of the day, Herb Simon not signing Bird to a contract says all one needs to hear. The nonsense that Bird is 'done with contracts' is equally insulting to anyone with a micron of intelligence. Any personnel head unwilling to sign on the dotted line himself (but expects players to do it) is not someone you want running your basketball operations. This doesn't take into account the numerous botched deadline day trades (O.J. Mayo in 2011, D.J. Augustin in 2010), bad drafts picks (Shawne Williams, Brandon Rush, Lance Stephenson), and other questionable roster moves (T.J. Ford, Sarunas Jasikevicius) with Bird's fingerprints all over them.
    Who the **** wrote this bull****?

    *DW was calling the shots when the Murphleavy trade was made. That'd be like me blaming David Morway for the Lance draft pick.

    *So all of the 'botched' trades were his fault? What the ****? The OJ Mayo trade was NO's fault and the Charlotte one was 110% Jordan's fault!

    *I agree about Shawne and Rush, but Lance was a second round pick. Picking him up is better than picking up someone who wouldn't make our final roster because he's not good enough.

    *The TJ Ford/Hibbert/Rasho for JO trade was the best salary dump in NBA history.. But okay.

  13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,492

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    I seriously thought this was a Bleacher Report article by a wanna be Journalism student. I kept thinking is would end with Boom goes the dynamite.

  15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  16. #10
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,078

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    It's written by Big Blue Shoe from the SB Nation Colts blog Stampede Blue. He's a well known idiot.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,620

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's written by Big Blue Shoe from the SB Nation Colts blog Stampede Blue. He's a well known idiot.
    Say no more. That dude is the ultimate pot-stirrer. I don't even think he believes the crap he writes.

    He like Kravitz on crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,603

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I changed the thread title from resigning to re-signing
    LOL

    I like my version better

    Sittin on top of the world!

  21. #13
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,603

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Um, why the plug for Indy Cornrows at the end there? Not that I'm opposed to it, it just seemed out of place.
    The autohr was Brad Wells, a contributor on Indy Cornrows

    at the end of the article it said to read more at Indy Cornrows, just a cut and paste thing
    Sittin on top of the world!

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  23. #14
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,078

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The autohr was Brad Wells, a contributor on Indy Cornrows

    at the end of the article it said to read more at Indy Cornrows, just a cut and paste thing
    Don't sully the good name of Indy Cornrows. He's not a contributor there, he runs the Colts blog and for whatever reason SB Nation put him in charge of the SB Nation Indiana site. He's got nothing to do with Indy Cornrows.

  24. #15
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,603

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Say no more. That dude is the ultimate pot-stirrer. I don't even think he believes the crap he writes.

    He like Kravitz on crack.
    LMAO at the mental image of Bob Kravitz on crack

    Sittin on top of the world!

  25. #16
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,603

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't sully the good name of Indy Cornrows. He's not a contributor there, he runs the Colts blog and for whatever reason SB Nation put him in charge of the SB Nation Indiana site. He's got nothing to do with Indy Cornrows.
    LOL

    um, where do you think the above article was posted?

    By Brad Wells - Editor
    For more on the Indiana Pacers, check out Indy Cornrows.

    Im sure Tom could clarify though, maybe I am wrong
    Sittin on top of the world!

  26. #17
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,603

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    Brad Wells

    Editor,


    For years he was known only to the Internet world as "BigBlueShoe," the self-categorized "schmuck" behind Stampede Blue. Now, Brad not only writes about the Indianapolis Colts at the blog he helped found, but works as the editor of SB Nation Indiana, the sports regional site for SBNation.com.

    Known for his foul mouth, poofy hair, and person weakness for anything made with Nutella, Brad is also one of those self-righteous 'Hoosiers' who believes sports is something more than just mindless entertainment. He's the kind who says, with eye-rolling conviction, that 'sports does not build character, it reveals it.'

    The only redeeming quality Brad seems to have is he has a genuine love for Indiana sports. He also thinks Indiana sports fans are some of the smartest, most knowledgeable fans in the country.

    Brad can be stalked on Twitter at @stampedeblue or @sbnationindiana.
    For what it's worth
    Sittin on top of the world!

  27. #18
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,078

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL

    um, where do you think the above article was posted?

    Im sure Tom could clarify though, maybe I am wrong
    It was posted on the state wide site. Indy Cornrows isn't the same thing. He plugged IC because they're both part of SB Nation. Wells doesn't do anything at IC.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  29. #19
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,603

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was posted on the state wide site. Indy Cornrows isn't the same thing. He plugged IC because they're both part of SB Nation. Wells doesn't do anything at IC.
    Makes sense,

    As I said it only appeared at the bottom because it was at the bottom of the page when I cut and pasted

    but looks like he is just an average Joe
    Sittin on top of the world!

  30. #20
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    What does it say about you when you're the second best Wells writing about the Pacers??

    Just kidding, sort of.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  32. #21
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,078

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Makes sense,

    As I said it only appeared at the bottom because it was at the bottom of the page when I cut and pasted

    but looks like he is just an average Joe
    I get it, if you're not familiar the SB Nation network can certainly be confusing. He's not an average Joe though, not in a "schmuck from Bleacher Report" sense anyway. He runs the very popular Colts blog and the Indiana site. He gets paid to do what he does, SB Nation sent him to the draft.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  34. #22
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    Haha, I was reading about halfway through that pile of **** and I couldn't understand- I thought it was from IC and whether you're a fan of IC or not, they never **** on our computer screens like that... Then someone mentioned it was from Brad Wells. Ah it makes sense.

    Do us a favor, NEVER post anything from Brad Wells, he's the biggest idiot on the internet.

    And no that is not on on IC, that's like what was said before, that was on the Indiana SB site, which is different from IC.

  35. #23
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get it, if you're not familiar the SB Nation network can certainly be confusing. He's not an average Joe though, not in a "schmuck from Bleacher Report" sense anyway. He runs the very popular Colts blog and the Indiana site. He gets paid to do what he does, SB Nation sent him to the draft.
    Admittedly, StampedeBlue is very successful, he's still a worthless embarrassment to the city of Indianapolis. Him and Kravy make Indianapolis seem like a black hole of writing ability.

  36. #24
    Boom Baby! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,747

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    After a certain point, do the players really care about the GM?

  37. #25
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,078

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bird re-signing a mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After a certain point, do the players really care about the GM?
    Absolutely, but probably not in the way you mean. If you mean the awe factor of Larry Legend running things, probably not really. I'm sure it's exciting for rookies and things like that, but I imagine it wears off quickly when you're around him enough. But in the sense of trusting in your GM's abilities to put you in a good position to win and assemble a strong team, you bet they care.

Similar Threads

  1. Kravitz - Bird wrong to go public with demands to Simon
    By Mackey_Rose in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 05-07-2011, 11:10 AM
  2. AP: "Pacers Owner To Keep Bird as Team President"
    By GizzyStardust in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 09:38 AM
  3. Pacers need Bird to take bold action Bob Kravitz
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 08:00 PM
  4. Sunday articles out of Detroit
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-15-2005, 01:39 PM
  5. So many fun articles out of New York
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •