Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ECF Playoffs 2011: Miami Vs. Chicago

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: ECF Playoffs 2011: Miami Vs. Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give me a break.
    Sorry, Purdue isn't getting a championship anytime soon.....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
    I don't hate the man for wanting a ring. I hate that people call him the GOAT or compare him to Michael Jordan and he had to join up with another superstar to try and win a ring. As most of those great players mentioned from the 80's/90's, they would never have done what the Heat did. LeBron in my mind can never be in the same category as MJ or even Kobe, yes Kobe had Shaq, but Kobe was essentially drafted to the Lakers (I know, Charlotte drafted him), and he worked his way up to the starting line up. Also, I do not consider Gasol a superstar, just my opinion.
    So wait, LeBron is hated because he left to play with Wade. Jordan didn't have to leave because he was already playing alongside a HOF player in Pippen. He had the other superstar, where LeBron didn't...

And the way Gasol played in the 2 years LA won the title, he was a superstar. He had as good of, if not a better NBA Finals last year. Gasol was the best PF in basketball those two years.

Is LeBron better than Jordan? Hell no. But don't fault the man for joining another superstar when Jordan already had one on his team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sorry, Purdue isn't getting a championship anytime soon.....
    Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    So wait, LeBron is hated because he left to play with Wade. Jordan didn't have to leave because he was already playing alongside a HOF player in Pippen. He had the other superstar, where LeBron didn't...

And the way Gasol played in the 2 years LA won the title, he was a superstar. He had as good of, if not a better NBA Finals last year. Gasol was the best PF in basketball those two years.

Is LeBron better than Jordan? Hell no. But don't fault the man for joining another superstar when Jordan already had one on his team.
    At least some people get it.

You are aware that every single guy the Cavs brought in was approved or requested by the King himself?
    No proof of that. The only circumstantial proof is that he played hard and never complained about his teammates or management.

Sports Logo

Maybe some people dislike LeBron for reasons that have nothing to do with the Decision? Maybe it has more to do about him as a person or his play on the court? Is that inconceivable?

Personally, I can't stand everything about him. The way he refers to himself in the third person. The tattoo on his back that says "Chosen 1". How he self-proclaimed himself the "King". His crab dribble. His LeBaby face (http://www.whyislebroncrying.com). How badly the league wants him to be the next MJ, and how they anointed him as such without him having to earn it. The list goes on ... but I'll just say I'm looking forward to seeing how he crafts his game when his athleticism leaves him. I don't think he'll be nearly as successful as Kobe, who has a hunger to be the best, not the wealthiest.

It's funny how his Decision actually gained him some supporters. You guys would make great defense attorneys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    Maybe some people dislike LeBron for reasons that have nothing to do with the Decision? Maybe it has more to do about him as a person or his play on the court? Is that inconceivable?

Personally, I can't stand everything about him. The way he refers to himself in the third person. The tattoo on his back that says "Chosen 1". How he self-proclaimed himself the "King". His crab dribble. His LeBaby face (http://www.whyislebroncrying.com). How badly the league wants him to be the next MJ, and how they anointed him as such without him having to earn it. The list goes on ... but I'll just say I'm looking forward to seeing how he crafts his game when his athleticism leaves him. I don't think he'll be nearly as successful as Kobe, who has a hunger to be the best, not the wealthiest.

It's funny how his Decision actually gained him some supporters. You guys would make great defense attorneys.
    So you hate him because he is good, because of how he dribbles, and his face. You don't know him as a person.

I hate that people hate him for all these random pointless reasons.

I hated the arrogance Lebron had when he stated that playing games was going to be the easy part and talking about how many rings they were going to win. Then I saw how bad Cleveland became without him. I took my emotions out of it and remembered how good he really is, so maybe he was right with those initial statements.

I can't really hate him at all anymore. He hasn't done anything wrong this whole season really to make me mad at him personally.

Maybe instead of taking advice from Lebron, Gilbert could have made a trade for young growing talent instead of old veterans at the end of their careers. If I was a Cavs fan, I think I would be more pissed off at how stupid the ownership was rather than Lebron leaving. If they would have got some young blood in there on reasonable contracts, maybe the triumvirate would have formed in Cleveland instead. Then no one would be mad at him for any reason whatsoever. They could criticize him for needing more help, but at least people couldn't hate him.

Ultimately, I hate Chicago because they got super lucky when they landed the #1 overall pick. Now the media swoons over Rose when he shoots 30% from the field just because he is super athletic and makes tough layups. I used to like Boozer in Utah, until I realized how much of a punk*** piece of crap he truly became. Noah is good but I can still dislike him. They just don't seem that good to me, especially if we took them to the brink in 4 separate playoff games.

I will gladly take the Heat advancing to the Finals this year if it means beating the Bulls/Celtics en route. Now I am totally fine with the team from the West winning though. The Heat have multiple years to win rings so I am not too excited to get the count started this year.

Heat in 7

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    So you hate him because he is good, because of how he dribbles, and his face. You don't know him as a person.

I hate that people hate him for all these random pointless reasons.
    No, I don't hate him.

Where did you get that I don't like him because he is good? Did you just assume that because it's convenient to do so? I don't see it in my list of reasons.

I don't hate how he dribbles either. What I didn't like was how he won two playoff games vs the Wizards a couple years back directly by traveling. Not only did he break the fundamental rules of the game, but he made his LeBaby face and cried for the And-1.

I actually have nothing against his face. It's a nice, proportionate face. I just don't like when he wrinkles his wittle forehead and cries for his bottle to the refs.

You're right, I don't know him as a person. Does that mean I can't dislike how he portrays himself? Until LeBron does something, anything, to make me question my stance on his persona, I have no reason to change it. But all these years he's only reinforced my opinion with his ill-advised remarks to the media, and his on the court actions.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I'll use this metaphor...

I don't fault him for breaking up with his girlfriend. I fault him for breaking up with his girlfriend publicly, on national television, and basically telling everyone in the world how bad a lay she was.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

PurduePacer, are you the president of his damn fan club?????? Let people have their own opinions about LeBron.

I have not said any thing about it for hours.

I don't like Lebron for the same reason I couldn't stand Micheal Jordan....Hate Micheal worse by far.....Pacers would have at least 2 championships in the 90's if MJ could have just stayed his butt in Baseball

1. He isn't a Pacer and he is in the East
    2. I get sick of listening to fare weather fans jump on his bandwagon
    3. Lebron's personality is a little annoying in general....Cryin after beating the Celtics....Come On.....I don't think Kobe would be caught doing that
    4. I am forced to be spoon fed Lebron highlights non-stop from ESPN and am lucky to see a Pacer highlight
    5. Almost every EC nationally televised game has to have Lebron playing in it.
    6. Why do so many people defend the guy so much?....Who cares that much last I checked this is Pacers Digest not Lebron Digest.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to esabyrn333 For This Useful Post:

A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    heat in 6.

rooting for dallas to win it all btw.
    I second this.
    PG24: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

RT @Hoya2aPacer "When I play this game I love. I play to make my teammates better. But I'm a mouther****er on defense."

bulls in 5. maybe 6 if and only if lebron and wade go nuts shooting the ball.

bulls seem a bad match for the heat. they have good defensive wings. heat don't have anyone that can defend rose. noah should handle the heat bigs pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post

bulls seem a bad match for the heat. they have good defensive wings. heat don't have anyone that can defend rose. noah should handle the heat bigs pretty easily.
    Wade should guard Rose.. I would like to see them play against each other. Wade is my favorite player and Rose is ridiculous. Unless PG is guarding him.

I think i got Heat in 6, Wade and Bron have stepped up and have looked like clutch superstars of late. Bosh could go either way, Boozer plays a bit dirty and that may tick him off and make him play good, or make him hide in a shell.. Also i think the addition to Haslem will be big to help the Heat, he didn't do anything in his first game back, but do you really expect him to? He is one of the keys to the series.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post

Chalmers is a good defender that will be able to guard Rose a bit. Wade most certainly can guard Rose and so can LeBron. The Heat are one team that has multiple guys that can guard Rose actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post

Excellent post.

I can support the way the Bulls built their team including when they brought in Rodman...because it was done with some good fortune and some fair and reasonable trades. If trades are fair and reasonable to teams across the league, I can live with a dominant team in the league. Trades are part of the game. Other teams had the fair chance to get the same players. The fact they get trounced by a smarter organization is rough justice, but it's also fair justice.

What I don't like are moves that basically fix the league.

When players can dictate where they will play and with whom they will play, they might as well all join an all-star team and have their ring mailed to them in December. That's not what competition is about. That's not what most fans really want. Fans want their team to win but there simply isn't as much value when you know the game and the league is fixed.

Love what LeBron said about the defense in the series:

"Someone has to score," James said. "I don't want it to be a Big Ten showdown out here. At some point, someone has to score."

I don't dislike Lebron because he joined the Heat, I don't like Lebron because my best friend is a Heat Fan. Rony Seikaly Style!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bulls in 6, maybe I'm just hoping, but they did beat the Heat 3-0 in the regular season.

I hate everything about that arrogant pr*ck Lebron, EVERYTHING. I don't need to argue about it, explain it, rationalize it, don't really care what other people think about him, don't care what people think of my opinion of him.

I hate him with a passion and will continue to do so.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Skull View Post
    I second this.
    Thirded.

Miami in 6. Derrick Rose is going to have to be the best player in this series for the Bulls to win. It's possible, but I don't see it with LeBron and Wade on the other side.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Yeah, Miami in 6. The Bulls' one man offensive show is enough to get past us and Atlanta, but it's not going to be enough to beat a team with Lebron and Wade on it. The Heat simply have more play makers and that will win them the series.

Bulls in 6.