Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

  1. #1

    Default Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    I'm Just wanting some perspective here. I want him back in training camp really bad next year. I think he would make the team no questions asked. He really seemed to me to be the physical presence we needed down low. Sure he is young and thin, but I could see him being a good tandem with Hibbert, or even next to him.

    He is worlds better than Solo and I think that move may have cost us a few games this year and possibly a playoff series. Maybe I rate him too high but I just really thought his athleticism and strength was really missing in our front court this year. I was upset that a division foe that beat our team into the ground when we had JOB got him. I just don't see the Hawks letting him go if they trade Smith.

    Any thoughts? Or who could we reasonably get that won't break the bank that would upgrade our front court?

  2. #2
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    Did they ever say what his contract was? Was it just for the remainder of this season? I never saw the terms.

  3. #3
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,143

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    Cutting Magnum Rolle absolutely did not cost a single game, and it sure as Hell did not cost us a playoff series.

    That's all I'm going to add to this non-starter of a topic.

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,823

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm Just wanting some perspective here. I want him back in training camp really bad next year. I think he would make the team no questions asked. He really seemed to me to be the physical presence we needed down low. Sure he is young and thin, but I could see him being a good tandem with Hibbert, or even next to him.

    He is worlds better than Solo and I think that move may have cost us a few games this year and possibly a playoff series. Maybe I rate him too high but I just really thought his athleticism and strength was really missing in our front court this year. I was upset that a division foe that beat our team into the ground when we had JOB got him. I just don't see the Hawks letting him go if they trade Smith.

    Any thoughts? Or who could we reasonably get that won't break the bank that would upgrade our front court?
    You say he's thin in one paragraph and then talk about his strength in another paragraph.

    Beyond highlights on youtube & I'm assuming you watched the summer league what makes you think this guy is anything other than 13-15 man on a roster?


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  6. #5
    MVP kielbeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    I don't think that not having him costed us anything. I do think he has a nice upside. He was only averaging 13 ppg on the redclaws so he's not anything huge. I do wish we could have kept him. I think he will be around there they need some good young talent to get ready for when they have to thin that salary cap. I think one day he will be a 6th man.

  7. #6
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    When I chatted with Magnum he said that the contract the Hawks signed him for was basically for next season, so I'm assuming that's the training camp he'll be in.
    Grown Man Ball

  8. #7
    Member HickeyS2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis/Sacramento
    Posts
    847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think that not having him costed us anything. I do think he has a nice upside. He was only averaging 13 ppg on the redclaws so he's not anything huge. I do wish we could have kept him. I think he will be around there they need some good young talent to get ready for when they have to thin that salary cap. I think one day he will be a 6th man.
    I dont think we can determine anything from his time with the redclaws. He only played 2 games before a pretty serious knee injury. That said, I would like to see him on our team as a project player. We will need some minimum salary players to fill out the roster and he does have upside. I have a hunch he won't be back. Not sure why.

  9. #8
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,920

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    I like Magnum Rolle, but I find it very odd that he has become the next Damon Bailey or Steve Alford of Pacers lore.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  11. #9
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Magnum Rolle, but I find it very odd that he has become the next Damon Bailey or Steve Alford of Pacers lore.
    I think it's just at a lot of fans (myself included) would like to see him on the team next year, because he is a nice guy who still talks to a lot of Pacers fans and seems to still get along with Paul and Roy.

    I wish for nothing but the best for that guy. He's a good dude.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's just at a lot of fans (myself included) would like to see him on the team next year, because he is a nice guy who still talks to a lot of Pacers fans and seems to still get along with Paul and Roy.

    I wish for nothing but the best for that guy. He's a good dude.
    I agree completely, but some people have gone off the deep end when it comes to Magnum. To say that not having him on the roster this past season may have cost us games, or even the playoff series is a perfect example of that.
    Grown Man Ball

  14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree completely, but some people have gone off the deep end when it comes to Magnum. To say that not having him on the roster this past season may have cost us games, or even the playoff series is a perfect example of that.
    You're gonna have your idiots out there, that's for sure. I mean hell, we got guys on here who think all Dwight Howard does on offense is dunk. But yeah, in my eyes, agreed, the lack of Magnum didn't necessary help or hurt our cause this year. Definitely didn't cost us any playoff games for that matter.


    With that said, I still say he should've made the team over Solomon friggin' Jones.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,604

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    I like the kid. I really do.

    But whether he comes back or not means nothing to me. He's likely nothing more than a 14-15th guy on most teams. And honestly, I don't much care who's sitting over there in suits.

    Now if he came back, I'd certainly be welcoming to it. I think he's a genuine guy who really liked the Pacers. But if he never makes it back, oh well. I wish him the best.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  18. #13
    MVP kielbeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont think we can determine anything from his time with the redclaws. He only played 2 games before a pretty serious knee injury. That said, I would like to see him on our team as a project player. We will need some minimum salary players to fill out the roster and he does have upside. I have a hunch he won't be back. Not sure why.
    He actually played 15 games with them.
    On November 26, Rolle was waived by the Red Claws because of a knee injury which was due to keep Rolle out 'indefinitely'. In two games with the Red Claws, Rolle averaged 7.5 points, 3.5 rebounds and 3.5 blocks per game. His rights were retained by the Red Claws.
    50 Magnum Rolle* C Waived Due to Injury (11/26/10) & returned to
    team (03/03/11); Signed by Atlanta (NBA)
    04/15/11
    averaging 14.1 points and 5.5 rebounds in 25.9 minutes. After missing much of the season due to injury, Rolle rejoined the Red Claws in early March, and averaged 19.0 points and 6.8 rebounds in his final five games, shooting 59.4 percent (41-69).

  19. #14
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    Didn't Magnum block a few of Howard's shots in the Pre-season game against Orlando?

  20. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    I'm not in the camp that thinks he's some sort of future star, but if there is a spot 14th or 15th spot available like Solo inhabited, I'd much rather have Rolle. I like him as a player, and he seems to be a good guy and a hard worker who will play his part when asked. Maybe those guys of the end of the bench don't matter to some of you, but I'd like to see a guy like Rolle there.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyPacer For This Useful Post:


  22. #16

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're gonna have your idiots out there, that's for sure. I mean hell, we got guys on here who think all Dwight Howard does on offense is dunk. But yeah, in my eyes, agreed, the lack of Magnum didn't necessary help or hurt our cause this year. Definitely didn't cost us any playoff games for that matter.


    With that said, I still say he should've made the team over Solomon friggin' Jones.
    Wow an idiot? And Mackey I can assume just as much as you can. Just because you think you're some expert doesn't make you such.

    I think he was that good on defense/shot blocking/athleticism. We could have really used the dude in the season and against the Bulls.

    I guess it's best that this is an anonymous internet site because I would smack a couple of you of your high horses if we ever met.

    How am I thinking so highly of the guy to think he could have helped us win a couple more regular season games, and possibly could have helped us against Chicago because Josh was clearly hurt? Say if it was 2-2 when we went to Chicago for game 5, we could have won the series still even if we would have got smashed in game 6. Noone knows for sure. Except all the fans who claim they know for sure on this site. Probably the same fans who predicted over and over a 4-0 sweep and us losing by 20 every game. How'd that turn out?

    I think he would have been a better fit than McRoberts, and when Tyler struggled he would have been a good change of pace. He would have really helped us rebounding the ball as well.

    And Peck I said he was thin, but that doesn't mean he isn't strong and won't gain weight. I was skinnier than alot of guys on the football team in high school, but I could outlift guys alot bigger than me on alot of different weight excercises. I was a beast on anything triceps or shoulders.

    I think some of the fans on this site are clueless when it comes to evaluating talent, or understanding the holes in our team. Magnum Rolle would have helped us this past year.

    I had to go on the defensive when all I was trying to do is point out that we need a long, athletic, shot blocking, rebounding young big with tons of upside and a good attitude and the heart to get better and never quit. If you don't like Magnum Rolle and the "folklore" offer up similiar guys, that's what the discussion was about before it got hijacked.

    And I apolgize for my agression, but when someone tells me my opnion is wrong and "idiotic, and a non starter of a topc" with an opinion of their own, and they're opinion is rude and shallow, and they add nothing of value to the discussion other than smearing my opinion, I will fire back.
    Last edited by Midcoasted; 05-11-2011 at 02:18 AM.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post:


  24. #17
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    Just for the record, I wasn't talking about you. I think Mosley and I were referring to the people who thought he could be our starting PF.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  26. #18

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just for the record, I wasn't talking about you. I think Mosley and I were referring to the people who thought he could be our starting PF.
    Well then I apologize Day-V for my agression, I thought it was directly aimed at me.

  27. #19
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,823

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow an idiot? And Mackey I can assume just as much as you can. Just because you think you're some expert doesn't make you such.

    I think he was that good on defense/shot blocking/athleticism. We could have really used the dude in the season and against the Bulls.

    I guess it's best that this is an anonymous internet site because I would smack a couple of you of your high horses if we ever met.

    How am I thinking so highly of the guy to think he could have helped us win a couple more regular season games, and possibly could have helped us against Chicago because Josh was clearly hurt? Say if it was 2-2 when we went to Chicago for game 5, we could have won the series still even if we would have got smashed in game 6. Noone knows for sure. Except all the fans who claim they know for sure on this site. Probably the same fans who predicted over and over a 4-0 sweep and us losing by 20 every game. How'd that turn out?

    I think he would have been a better fit than McRoberts, and when Tyler struggled he would have been a good change of pace. He would have really helped us rebounding the ball as well.

    And Peck I said he was thin, but that doesn't mean he isn't strong and won't gain weight. I was skinnier than alot of guys on the football team in high school, but I could outlift guys alot bigger than me on alot of different weight excercises. I was a beast on anything triceps or shoulders.

    I think some of the fans on this site are clueless when it comes to evaluating talent, or understanding the holes in our team. Magnum Rolle would have helped us this past year.

    I had to go on the defensive when all I was trying to do is point out that we need a long, athletic, shot blocking, rebounding young big with tons of upside and a good attitude and the heart to get better and never quit. If you don't like Magnum Rolle and the "folklore" offer up similiar guys, that's what the discussion was about before it got hijacked.

    And I apolgize for my agression, but when someone tells me my opnion is wrong and "idiotic, and a non starter of a topc" with an opinion of their own, and they're opinion is rude and shallow, and they add nothing of value to the discussion other than smearing my opinion, I will fire back.
    Peck's official Admin. response to your post.

    While I appreciate your enthusiasm about providing a subject to talk about in the off season I can't say that I care much for what could easily be perceived as a threat of physical violence.

    I'm going to chalk that up to "heat of the moment" kind of talk & that you weren't serious. However in the future please refrain from such verbiage; it will save all of us the hassle. It's just an internet message board, nothing to get worked up over.


    Peck's personal response to your post (not in Admin. mode here)

    I just don't see it. I know nobody thinks Solomon Jones is worth much, and he isn't. But at the end of the day this is a veteran NBA player who has even started some games for both the Hawks & us. He was left off of the roster for the playoffs. I don't see Rolle having one thing on him this last season. Next year & in the future? Maybe, time will tell, but last season IMO no


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  28. #20
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    I like to fish.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  29. #21

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    I thought the Pacers should have retained him and let Solo go. IMO, Magnum Rolle has a much brighter upside than Solo could ever dream of! He's far more productive on both sides of the ball even as a rookie, and he can actually handle the basketball. The problem was he and Jmac have very similar skill-sets. Still, I'd have kept him.

  30. #22

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    This board loooooooovveessss Magnum Rolle. If you make any sort of thread just put Magnum Rolle somewhere in the title and your guaranteed 100's of views.
    Here we come lottery?

  31. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did they ever say what his contract was? Was it just for the remainder of this season? I never saw the terms.
    he has a contract for next season according to this

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-11-12

    says he will be a RFA in 2012

    If this is the case good for him. I like the kid but i dont know why so many on here want him so bad and make so many threads about him.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 05-11-2011 at 10:18 PM.

  32. #24
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,824

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    It must frustrate Magnum when he sees videos of Lance short-changing prostitutes and hears of Lance pushing pregnant women down a flight of stairs while he works his butt off to rehab and injury and find his place in the league.

    Imagine what Lance would be like if you put the character (as far as I know it) of Magnum Rolle in him.

    Lights out.


  33. #25
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,581

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Magnum Rolle: Will the Hawks Keep Him?

    Magnum would have helped only if he received all the Solo got under JOB, but if we had a rotation of Hibbert, Foster, McRoberts, and Hansbrough from the very beginning for the whole season Magnum wouldn't have made any difference because he wouldn't see the court very often. If Magnum was really good enough to get time over those four he would not have been cut.

    Anyways I would have liked to seem him on this team last year, and if fate allows it this coming year too as the 5th big man.

Similar Threads

  1. Hawks sign Magnum Rolle
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 10:21 PM
  2. Magnum Rolle is back!
    By BornReady#6 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 06:36 PM
  3. Magnum Rolle selected 3rd Overall in NBDL Draft
    By Psyren in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 05:01 AM
  4. Update: Magnum Rolle Cut From Pacers
    By Psyren in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 216
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 05:55 PM
  5. What You're Getting In Magnum Rolle....
    By rhyno in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •