View Poll Results: Regarding how I feel about them in their respective roles with the team:

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Herb good, Larry good, David good.

23 22.55%
  • Herb good, Larry good, David mixed.

39 38.24%
  • Herb good, Larry good, David, bad.

3 2.94%
  • Herb good, Larry mixed, David good.

0 0%
  • Herb good, Larry mixed, David mixed.

7 6.86%
  • Herb good, Larry mixed, David, bad.

1 0.98%
  • Herb good, Larry bad, David good.

0 0%
  • Herb good, Larry bad, David mixed.

0 0%
  • Herb good, Larry bad, David, bad.

3 2.94%
  • Herb mixed, Larry good, David good.

4 3.92%
  • Herb mixed, Larry good, David mixed.

7 6.86%
  • Herb mixed, Larry good, David bad.

2 1.96%
  • Herb mixed, Larry mixed, David good.

1 0.98%
  • Herb mixed, Larry mixed, David mixed.

9 8.82%
  • Herb mixed, Larry mixed, David, bad.

2 1.96%
  • Herb mixed, Larry bad, David good.

0 0%
  • Herb mixed, Larry bad, David mixed.

0 0%
  • Herb mixed, Larry bad, David, bad.

0 0%
  • Herb bad, Larry good, David good.

0 0%
  • Herb bad, Larry good, David mixed.

1 0.98%
  • Herb bad, Larry good, David, bad.

0 0%
  • Herb bad, Larry mixed, David good.

0 0%
  • Herb bad, Larry mixed, David mixed.

0 0%
  • Herb bad, Larry mixed, David, bad.

0 0%
  • Herb bad, Larry bad, David good.

0 0%
  • Herb bad, Larry bad, David mixed.

0 0%
  • Herb bad, Larry bad, David, bad.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (READ CHOICES CAREFULLY) Pacer Fan Pulse: The Front Office 05/10/11

Mood

Default (READ CHOICES CAREFULLY) Pacer Fan Pulse: The Front Office 05/10/11

As you probably noticed,

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=64359

Bird and Morway have been brought back by Herb Simon.

Given this information, looking at the past, how do you feel, overall, about these three running the Pacers right now?

(See above poll)

Mood

Default Re: (READ CHOICES CAREFULLY) Pacer Fan Pulse: The Front Office 05/10/11

Poll now up.

I would have actually preferred to make it slightly more complex to get a more accurate read on everyone, but does anyone really want a poll that has MORE than twenty-seven options in it?

If I had, it would have been to make a distinction about mixed feelings. I'd like to know if you mixed feelings folks lean more positive or lean more negative within your mixed feelings.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I feel very good about Herb now. If Bird wouldn't have re-signed than I would have been worried about the state of the franchise because that would have indicated that Herb isn't willing to spend, which would have been hell.

-As for Morway; I don't know what he does, but I am confident that Bird and Simon feel good about him and he is the one that is supposed to bring Stanko over. I just don't know for sure, but I am more on the positive side.

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

My eyes hurt now. This poll looks like something Jack typed up in the Shining.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

[edit] That may be a bit opaque for those who didn't watch Lost, so how about this:

Last edited by Kegboy; 05-10-2011 at 05:14 PM.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have both positive and negative feelings about Morway.

I suspect that he is the most likely negative reason for the departures of Mel Daniels and Smooth, though none of us knows for sure.

On the other hand, I suspect that he is the architect of the Three Year Plan every bit as much as Bird has been, and is likely to be the voice of reason with respect to contract negotiations and likely is also very mindful of Simon's wishes to keep player salaries low, although the three will probably be very much on the same page at this point.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am on the concerned side of mixed regarding Morway simply due to the speculation about his personnel skills (or lack thereof). However, one must point out that the same speculation existed for Pritchard, so probably no real upgrade there.

In general I'm happy with Bird and his team taking us across the cap space season.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Is it wrong of me to basically have the feeling that I'd give Herb a pass on basically anything since without him we likely have no franchise? I'm being honest, it clouds my vision of how I view him as an owner in today's NBA.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Seriously, I don't feel good about any of them, but I don't necessarily feel horribly about any of them either.

The days of Herb getting a free pass because he and his brother "saved" the Pacers 30 years ago are gone IMO, but he's willing to spend money, even if it's not always his own.

Obviously for anyone who's been around the block on here, I do not like Larry personally, and I've been very critical of a lot of his moves. But for the most part I like the roster moves we've made the last couple years, so I'm not going to scream bloody murder about him being back.

Morway's an enigma. We've "heard" things he did that I very much approve of, and we've "heard" things I most certainly do not. For all we know, he doesn't do a damn thing, and is the Boomer for Adults for people who don't like Larry.

I know voting mixed on all 3 defeats the purpose of Hicks poll, but that's how I feel right now about the future. You can throw Vogel in there too. I certainly like the results of his short stint, but I'm concerned he was a flash in the pan, and all he may have done is give Larry and David a stay of execution. I guess we'll see.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Are you saying we now have a 3 headed monster? I'm not sure I agree.

There's been no indication that Herb Simon meddles in basketball affairs. Between Bird and Morway, it seemed like they were on the same page for the last 3 years. And Bird has indicated that in the future he wanted less responsibilities for himself and more autonomy for his GM. If anything it's sounding like he's paving the way for Morway to have more say.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Seriously, I don't feel good about any of them, but I don't necessarily feel horribly about any of them either.

The days of Herb getting a free pass because he and his brother "saved" the Pacers 30 years ago are gone IMO, but he's willing to spend money, even if it's not always his own.

Obviously for anyone who's been around the block on here, I do not like Larry personally, and I've been very critical of a lot of his moves. But for the most part I like the roster moves we've made the last couple years, so I'm not going to scream bloody murder about him being back.

Morway's an enigma. We've "heard" things he did that I very much approve of, and we've "heard" things I most certainly do not. For all we know, he doesn't do a damn thing, and is the Boomer for Adults for people who don't like Larry.

I know voting mixed on all 3 defeats the purpose of Hicks poll, but that's how I feel right now about the future. You can throw Vogel in there too. I certainly like the results of his short stint, but I'm concerned he was a flash in the pan, and all he may have done is give Larry and David a stay of execution. I guess we'll see.
    I don't think it defeats the purpose of the poll at all, and in fact I almost voted that choice myself.

I just have too much of a soft spot for Herb and his brother to fully bring him into question, though I honestly probably should.

Mood

Herb Mixed. Larry Good. David Mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    My eyes hurt now. This poll looks like something Jack typed up in the Shining.

Love the Archer avitar

16. The Following User Says Thank You to aaronb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    Herb Mixed. Larry Good. David Mixed.
    Don't take this wrong, but how in the hell can you have mixed feelings about Herb?

As was said, no Herb no Indiana Pacers.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

I voted Herb good, Larry good, David bad.

We will never know what goes on behind close doors but there has been enough smoke around David for me to dislike him in a FO position. I was really hoping we would fire him and make a phone call to the spurs.

Sports Logo

Damnit...I knew that with so many choices I would have chosen the wrong one accidentally.....I wanted the "Herb/Bird/Morway Mixed" option...not the "Herb/Bird Mixed and Morway Good" decision.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Happy with Bird, too hard to know what Morway actually does so I'm mixed. I like Herb, what I fear more is whatever follows.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Don't take this wrong, but how in the hell can you have mixed feelings about Herb?

As was said, no Herb no Indiana Pacers.
    Idk. Maybe it's the fact that he doesn't speak often, and Larry questioning if he was wanting to spend money on FA's. I honestly am not sure. I'm confident in the guy, but I just have fears about what he wants to do with the team in the future.

In brief.

Herb minus coming out and saying he will not spend money to win (which he has never done & in fact has said the opposite) or suddenly moving the team to CA (which he has only had almost 20 years to do now and hasn't) can do no wrong in my mind. We have one of the if not the best owners in the NBA.

Larry (minus his odd fixation on O'Brien) I have been on board with every single basketball decision he has made. When he talks he say's things I want to hear & his actions have spoken louder than his words. As I said take away his O'Brien phase (which really was a big minus) and this guy is shooting perfect from the floor for me.

Morway from my understanding is the financial brains of the trades, he understand the cap and how players can be moved better than anyone we have. I know the back story on why Daniels & Perkins were both released and to be honest it would be hard disagree with him in either case. David Craig might be a different case however you can't deny that we no longer seem to have the nagging injuries that we had. New players will help that as well but I wonder if maybe a new training staff wasn't in order. Remember David wasn't fired he was re-assigned in the front office.

In other words I am very very very comfortable with our management team moving forward.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

In other words I am very very very comfortable with our management team moving forward.
    Herb called and said the CHECKS IN THE MAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Herb called and said the CHECKS IN THE MAIL.
    I get direct deposit from Herb.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Poll now up.

I would have actually preferred to make it slightly more complex to get a more accurate read on everyone, but does anyone really want a poll that has MORE than twenty-seven options in it?
    More complex? Oh my. my eyes hurt, I need a nap after trying to wade throught it like it is

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

woman without a team

Just looking at the poll gave me a headache.

Mood

Spoiler Spoiler:

Easy, CIB.