View Poll Results: Who would you rather bring in?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eric Gordon

116 87.22%
  • O.J. Mayo

17 12.78%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Gordon or Mayo?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

Neither. I don't like the price tag for either. It is not that I don't believe they have talent.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the price were equal, easily Gordon. However, given their markets, EJ is probably nearly untouchable, whereas OJ appears to be readily available. But straight up in terms of better player: EJ.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=ilive4sports;1231859]
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I don't know, a guy who averages 22.5ppg, 12.1rpg, 3.8apg and shoots 50% is pretty damn good. Quite frankly is Griffin wasn't a rookie I think people would be talking about him being the best PF in the league.

It's hard because Gordon (22.3ppg 2.9rpg, 4.4apg, 45% shooting) is able to take over a game. Thats something I don't think Blake has right now. But Blake's game is more reliable imo.

It's very hard to compare a guard and a power forward. Both are studs at their positions and if LAC keeps them together, the Lakers will not be the best team in the Staples Center.
    I think the 22.3 ppg is kind of a misnomer for Gordon. Before he was injured he monthly averages were17(only 3 games), 26, 23, and 25, but after his injury he averaged 17 and 17. I don't think it is a reach to assume he would have averaged 25ppg without the injury.

You're right it is hard to compare a SG and PF which is why I am questioning the perceived fact that Griffin is obviously better.

Mood

[QUOTE=Eleazar;1232015]
    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post

I think the 22.3 ppg is kind of a misnomer for Gordon. Before he was injured he monthly averages were17(only 3 games), 26, 23, and 25, but after his injury he averaged 17 and 17. I don't think it is a reach to assume he would have averaged 25ppg without the injury.

You're right it is hard to compare a SG and PF which is why I am questioning the perceived fact that Griffin is obviously better.
    Ya the wrist reallly bugged him it really affects shooting and finishing ablity.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wouldn't say Gordon is "untouchable", but Mayo currently is probably the most realistic player to get just because it won't require as much to get him.

If we were to offer Danny and a future 1st or 2 for Gordon, that might interest Sterling.

He's getting Danny to keep Griffin happy and is getting value out of it rather than matching or Gordon might just walk away and sign here in 2013.

It doesn't strike me that Sterling prefers Gordon as much as he prefers having a second star to keep Griffin happy and to try and get his team good.

It's a huge risk for both FOs, but it would be something to consider for their respective teams and who might be the better fit.
    Last edited by Trophy; 05-09-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    I wouldn't say Gordon is "untouchable", but Mayo currently is probably the most realistic player to get just because it won't require as much to get him.

If we were to offer Danny and a future 1st or 2 for Gordon, that might interest Sterling.

He's getting Danny to keep Griffin happy and is getting value out of it rather than matching or Gordon might just walk away and sign here in 2013.

It doesn't strike me that Sterling prefers Gordon as much as he prefers having a second star to keep Griffin happy and to try and get his team good.

It's a huge risk for both FOs, but it would be something to consider for their respective teams and who might be the better fit.
    He is untouchable from what I've heard unless he asks for a trade.

Lets hope EJ Dad has told him that he needs to come back to Indy so he can be the man, instead of living in Griffin's shadow for the rest of his career.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

EJ's a quiet kid so I don't think he'll just go out and request a trade unless he really wants to come here and doesn't feel like he's being treated the way he wants in LA which kind of seems like the case.

I think coming here would be great for him. It would be good for LA if they were to get Danny in return.

He'd make a solid leader and would probably be an All-Star. In addition, there's some good pieces around him and we can add another key FA (hoping Nene).

Al Bundy

Gordon averaged 22.3 ppg this year and Granger was 21.6. He finished the season ranked the 13th overall scorer in the NBA (Granger was 17th). Plus, Granger is entering his peak whereas Gordon is still just a baby and could be getting ready for his Senior year in college. Gordon has so much talent above and beyond what Granger has. He's a much better defender. He can seemingly get to the free-throw line whenever he wants. He's also a pure/natural shooter.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would give up Granger for EJ, while trying to pull another player or pick into the deal.. But seriously thinking about pulling the trigger anyways for a straight up deal. DG isnt the All-Star hes supposed to be and that we need him to be. EJ has loads of potential to be that and is exactly what we need.. A flat out scorer who can close games as well. We are probably one of the weakest closing teams in the league right now, one tune up at closer could mean a solid W/L difference. Also sign Nene and we have a significantly better team.. (possibly throwing in a player or pick for granger)

Btw, i love and hate these talks we start up.. Gets me all excited, but all it is is a bunch of fans acting and wishing they were GMs... But we arent. Fortunately for our teams, likely.

I dont understand why so many people on here are so eager to trade DG for Gordon straightup. Danny scores as much as Gordon and doesnt miss 25% of the year due to injuries. No way I trade Granger for an injury prone shooting guard. Gordon couldnt stay healthy in college and has been hurt a lot since coming into the NBA. Especially since we already have Paul George at the 2.

George, Granger, Mayo > George and Gordon