View Poll Results: Who would you rather bring in?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eric Gordon

116 87.22%
  • O.J. Mayo

17 12.78%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gordon or Mayo?

Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny Granger is definitely a much better player than OJ Mayo. This is not even close to being debatable.
    how is Granger a better player? Cause he is scoring more? Granger can't even dribble

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    i never said he is a better player than any of them. I'm saying if we get Mayo y would we need Gordon? And Mayo is defenitly a better player than Granger. Mayo still has a lot room to grow for his game, Granger i don't think will get much better
    You start off by saying you never said Mayo is better than Gordon or Granger and then say Mayo is definitely a better player than Granger...

Mayo is no where close to as good as Danny Granger. He is a bench player. Behind Tony Allen...

If you truly think Mayo is better than Granger or at his level I question your basketball knowledge.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

how is Granger a better player? Cause he is scoring more? Granger can't even dribble
    He's better than Mayo at everything in basketball besides dribbling and passing.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    He's better than Mayo at everything in basketball besides dribbling and passing.
    and scoring

Mayo is only better than Granger if you're looking at what they did in high school.

Granger is far superior to Mayo at this point. Am I opposed to bringing in Mayo at the right price? No. The guy has major potential and I think he just needs a change of scenery.

And at least he'd be better than Brandon Rush. Well, then again, that's not really saying much.

Still, it all boils down to Mayo and his potential. Yes, he still holds a ton of potential. But better than Granger? Not at all.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

and scoring
    No.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

if you voted for mayo, shame on you.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Mood

and scoring

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

I continually see so many EJ to Indiana posts and can't help but laugh. We need to realize he is a restricted player, we don't have his rights, LAC does. They have a better young core, more money, and most importantly, they have his rights to match any deal. He already is younger and better than Granger, I don't see a trade either.

The thought process is comparable to any team just saying "we're going to get Paul George. He's a great fit for our team." Would we just allow him to walk off? Of course not.

EJ is a pipe dream folks. We need to stop the "save the 2012 cap space for EJ campaign." It's not going to happen.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purdue101 For This Useful Post:

I would rather have Gordon if all is equal but its not. We would have to give up a ton to get him whileMayo will come cheap. Cost is a big factor.

The other concern about Gordon is that he is not very durable. So why not get both? Somebody will have to fill in for the 20-30 games Gordon misses every year due to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by purdue101 View Post
    I continually see so many EJ to Indiana posts and can't help but laugh. We need to realize he is a restricted player, we don't have his rights, LAC does. They have a better young core, more money, and most importantly, they have his rights to match any deal. He already is younger and better than Granger, I don't see a trade either.

The thought process is comparable to any team just saying "we're going to get Paul George. He's a great fit for our team." Would we just allow him to walk off? Of course not.

EJ is a pipe dream folks. We need to stop the "save the 2012 cap space for EJ campaign." It's not going to happen.
    He is from Indy. The pipe dreams are normal. If he wasnt from Indiana nobody on this board would want him. It's called - Homerism! I get it and to a fault fall victim to it myself from time to time. I would love to go get DJ White, Gordon Hayward, or someone like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    You start off by saying you never said Mayo is better than Gordon or Granger and then say Mayo is definitely a better player than Granger...

Mayo is no where close to as good as Danny Granger. He is a bench player. Behind Tony Allen...

If you truly think Mayo is better than Granger or at his level I question your basketball knowledge.
    Seriously. I can't see how anyone who knows anything at all about basketball can possibly think Mayo is better than Granger or even close to him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    if you voted for mayo, shame on you.
    Some of us think we don't need to revamp our wing spots, which is what adding Gordon would be doing. Instead we can add a guy like OJ who brings something different to the table, is capable of being a 20 ppg scorer and comes on the cheap. We can add Mayo this offseason in a trade and save the cap space for 2012 to go after Kevin Love. That's what I want to see happen. DC, Mayo, George, Hibbert, Hans, Granger, Love is a team with really outstanding quality depth and versatility.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They don't have "a better young core." Pacers + Gordon >>>>> current Clippers

They also don't have more money, and Sterling is notorious for his refusal to pony up for his own free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    He is from Indy. The pipe dreams are normal. If he wasnt from Indiana nobody on this board would want him. It's called - Homerism! I get it and to a fault fall victim to it myself from time to time. I would love to go get DJ White, Gordon Hayward, or someone like that.
    False. I've been a big EJ fan for a while now.

Fail post of the year winner.

You know EJ lives here right? and as has been mentioned the Clippers are notorious for letting players walk.. Not too mention no one wants to play for that racist pig anyways.

EJ is also not a big time FA, he's big but not superstar, so its not as if the rest of the league is going to throw money at him.

It's not homerism, he'd sign here in a heartbeat if the Pacers gave him a competitive offer.

Edit- I think the only way EJ doesn't end up playing for the Pacers is if they blow all their cap space on other FA's...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    Not the smartest post. I am from Indiana. I dont want DJ white or Hayward. Not that I don't love homegrown talent, I'm do want EJ just because he played at IU, and if that's the only reason you have to post at why people are so sold on him, just don't post at all.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    They don't have "a better young core." Pacers + Gordon >>>>> current Clippers

They also don't have more money, and Sterling is notorious for his refusal to pony up for his own free agents.
    They have Blake Griffin, who is a franchise (possible HOF) type talent. I would trade any 3 players on our roster for him straight up. Then you throw in Jordan, who is going to get paid this summer, Kaman (top 10 C when healthy), and some young players like Aminu & Bledsoe - I think it's a no brainer (mainly b/c of Griffin).

In the summer of 2012, when EJ is a FA, LAC has $12M in committed salary, we have $15M. So yes, they have more money. My point however is that they can offer him more money under the current CBA (6 yrs vs 5), which tends to encourage & give incentive to players to resign with their respective teams.

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    Fail post of the year winner.

You know EJ lives here right? and as has been mentioned the Clippers are notorious for letting players walk.. Not too mention no one wants to play for that racist pig anyways.

EJ is also not a big time FA, he's big but not superstar, so its not as if the rest of the league is going to throw money at him.

It's not homerism, he'd sign here in a heartbeat if the Pacers gave him a competitive offer.

Edit- I think the only way EJ doesn't end up playing for the Pacers is if they blow all their cap space on other FA's...
    Who cares if he lives here. So does Zach Randolph and he just inked an extension with the Griz. So did Conley, who also resigned. Do you not think Oden will sign an extenstion if dangled in front of him. Players will go where the money is and where they can be competitive. I'm sure making big dollars, playing with Blake Griffin, and living in LA has it's perks.

Second, he's restricted. Even if he wanted to sign here, doesn't matter. LAC can match his rights - that's the point you're missing. Josh Smith wanted to play for Memphis, Atlanta matched. Happens all the time. He may leverage Indiana to get more money, but LAC ultimately makes the final decision, not EJ. It's not in EJ's control, that needs to resonate.

LAC did let questionable talents walk (QRich/Odom/Miles/etc), but anytime a big name has been up for a new deal, they lock them up (Brand/Kaman). They just threw insane money at Baron Davis. Sterling is a shmuck, but he's turned a new leaf with his spending. You really think they're going to just let EJ walk the year before Griffin is up for a new deal? If they did, I could see Griffin signing the QO and waiting to be unrestricted.

PM me your number. I'll send you a crisp $100 bill if EJ ever ends up a Pacer through a straight FA signing.
    Last edited by purdue101; 05-08-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Who cares if he lives here. So does Zach Randolph and he just inked an extension with the Griz. So did Conley, who also resigned. Do you not think Oden will sign an extenstion if dangled in front of him. Players will go where the money is and where they can be competitive. I'm sure making big dollars, playing with Blake Griffin, and living in LA has it's perks.

Second, he's restricted. Even if he wanted to sign here, doesn't matter. LAC can match his rights - that's the point you're missing. Josh Smith wanted to play for Memphis, Atlanta matched. Happens all the time. He may leverage Indiana to get more money, but LAC ultimately makes the final decision, not EJ. It's not in EJ's control, that needs to resonate.

LAC did let questionable talents walk (QRich/Odom/Miles/etc), but anytime a big name has been up for a new deal, they lock them up (Brand/Kaman). They just threw insane money at Baron Davis. Sterling is a shmuck, but he's turned a new leaf with his spending. You really think they're going to just let EJ walk the year before Griffin is up for a new deal? If they did, I could see Griffin signing the QO and waiting to be unrestricted.

PM me your number. I'll send you a crisp $100 bill if EJ ever ends up a Pacer through a straight FA signing.

LOL! Love your post. I'm sure you are safe on never having to send the crisp $100 bill regarding Gordon as a RFA.

I think we'll see almost guaranteed one of the two playing on another team, but most likely it will be both of them. They're both gone.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

I'll take OJ for what he would cost over Gordon would cost. If we simply could sign one, sure I will take Gordon. I think Gordon is overrated on here also. Granger for Gordon is not going to get us any where I don't think.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

At this point I have to ask, do we even have the players to get OJ Mayo? The Griz look pretty set at all major positions. I mean what do they need, a back up bigs? I'm not even sure we can get Mayo in the offseason now that his value is up. Which is why that trade would have been a steal.

The Grizzlies look like the new power outwest for sure, and they have an allstar level SF sitting in a suit.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

[QUOTE=Justin Tyme;1231409]
    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post

Griffin is the best player QUOTE]

Griffin is a beast at a harder to fill position who just won ROY. Gordon's a good player, but he not as good as Griffin.

I will agree that Griffin is more valuable because of his position, I see how he is more exciting, I just don't see how he is better. Equal yes, better no.

[QUOTE=Eleazar;1231846]
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post

I will agree that Griffin is more valuable because of his position, I see how he is more exciting, I just don't see how he is better. Equal yes, better no.
    I don't know, a guy who averages 22.5ppg, 12.1rpg, 3.8apg and shoots 50% is pretty damn good. Quite frankly is Griffin wasn't a rookie I think people would be talking about him being the best PF in the league.

It's hard because Gordon (22.3ppg 2.9rpg, 4.4apg, 45% shooting) is able to take over a game. Thats something I don't think Blake has right now. But Blake's game is more reliable imo.

It's very hard to compare a guard and a power forward. Both are studs at their positions and if LAC keeps them together, the Lakers will not be the best team in the Staples Center.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post: