View Poll Results: Who would you rather bring in?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eric Gordon

    116 87.22%
  • O.J. Mayo

    17 12.78%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 111

Thread: Gordon or Mayo?

  1. #51

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    If the Pacers need Mayo or Gordon, I'm not sure they do, I would have to believe the smart thing to do is trade this off season for Mayo and give him a year with Granger and PG. If things don't pan out, then go after Gordon the following year in FA.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't live in Indiana so I treat Gordon the same way I treat other players in the NBA, and I think the Granger vs Gordon thing is very debatable.

    When both are playing their best, Granger is a way better player because when Granger is playing his best he's an all-star caliber player. Problem is, the last time that happened was 2 years ago, and it was only for one year. He did show a spark in the playoffs though, which is great, because it showed he can still play well, and who knows, maybe he'll be the All-star Granger again next year.
    Gordon looks like a very promising player, and when a guy avgs more ppg than his age (get it? he's 22 and avgs 22.3 ppg.. haha) it means that with enough hard work he could be an all-star/superstar type of guy.
    Gordon also had a better season than Granger.
    The thing about Granger is, he will probably not improve much. Gordon probably will. I don't know whether "Best Gordon" will beat "Best Granger", but in 2-4 years, "Future Gordon" will probably be better than "Future Granger".

    Still, I won't do a Granger-Gordon trade (right now) given the chance because I'm tired of waiting. We made the playoffs, I want to keep making the playoffs, I wanna see how our guys (Granger, George, DC, Roy) play as a group and individually.
    Have you ever seen the best Gordon play? That kid is just as good as the best Granger if not better because when EJ is in a zone he is so tuff to stopt like Danny. HE is very good at getting to the rim as well as getting good shots off. I dont know how u came to that conclusion.


    Gordon scored a career-high 41 points (13-28 FG, 6-6 FT) vs. the Thunder on Jan. 23, the most points ever scored by a Clippers rookie, besting Al Thornton’s 39-point performance on March 29, 2008.

    3/26/10 Highlights of Granger's career high. 44 Points/8 Rebounds/5 Assists/2 9-----3pts

    They are both pretty damm good when they are at their best i dont know how you can come to that conculsion. I am a guy who watches both of them on a nightly basic and they are pretty = right now. But I would take EJ for the fact he is 22 and he is a better finisher at the rim and gives little more effort.

  4. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OJ Mayo!
    OJ is not only not as good but he supposedly a bad locker room guy.Not saying I dont want OJ because if he can be had for cheap do it. But this is so lol. However I do think OJ could be a 16ppg scorer next year in a different uniform because memphis isnt a good fit anymore is time should be short there .

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  6. #54
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by CT Pacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Therefore making Mike Dunleavy Jr. = MJ.
    Yeah...good luck getting that one to stick.

  7. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,604

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OJ is not only not as good but he supposedly a bad locker room guy.Not saying I dont want OJ because if he can be had for cheap do it. But this is so lol. However I do think OJ could be a 16ppg scorer next year in a different uniform because memphis isnt a good fit anymore is time should be short there .
    I think OJ's locker room problems are overrated. He went from playing around 37 mpg his first couple years to coming off the bench and he doesn't really fit. He needs a situation he could thrive.

    I'd say OJ and Eric are the same player with one major difference, EJ gets to the line much easier. He's a little bit stronger, but that's probably the reason he gets to the line more.

  8. #56
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,318

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you ever seen the best Gordon play? That kid is just as good as the best Granger if not better because when EJ is in a zone he is so tuff to stopt like Danny. HE is very good at getting to the rim as well as getting good shots off. I dont know how u came to that conclusion.


    Gordon scored a career-high 41 points (13-28 FG, 6-6 FT) vs. the Thunder on Jan. 23, the most points ever scored by a Clippers rookie, besting Al Thorntonís 39-point performance on March 29, 2008.

    3/26/10 Highlights of Granger's career high. 44 Points/8 Rebounds/5 Assists/2 9-----3pts

    They are both pretty damm good when they are at their best i dont know how you can come to that conculsion. I am a guy who watches both of them on a nightly basic and they are pretty = right now. But I would take EJ for the fact he is 22 and he is a better finisher at the rim and gives little more effort.
    Yeah, Gordon had a better season this year than Granger. But can you honestly compare the all-around top scorer MIP Granger (that's when I believe Granger played his best) to the young Gordon? Maybe later if Gordon improves, but not now.
    If you take Gordon and put him in our team, and we do the Chicago series again, Gordon wouldn't put up the same numbers as Granger. I think Granger had a bad season but a really good series vs the bulls.

  9. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, Gordon had a better season this year than Granger. But can you honestly compare the all-around top scorer MIP Granger (that's when I believe Granger played his best) to the young Gordon? Maybe later if Gordon improves, but not now.
    If you take Gordon and put him in our team, and we do the Chicago series again, Gordon wouldn't put up the same numbers as Granger. I think Granger had a bad season but a really good series vs the bulls.
    Dude Look at the shot attempts per game during DG's MIP season and EJ's last year EJ had in my opinion just as good of season didnt score as much but was efficent and was a leader on defense and offense(but he was hurt a lot which hurts). Plus EJ is much more a closer than Danny simply becuse he can dribble better. Next season will be the real test I expect a 23-25ppg with 4 assits type season. Dont just look at ppg please watch some more EJ before you make that assessment.

    To me Gordon is better becaause of his skill set he is a scorer and Danny is just a shooter who scores because we have no other option(he is a very very good shooter mid range but cant get to the hoop like EJ.

  10. #58

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    [QUOTE=pacer4ever;1231388]

    Griffin is the best player QUOTE]

    Griffin is a beast at a harder to fill position who just won ROY. Gordon's a good player, but he not as good as Griffin.

  11. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    [QUOTE=Justin Tyme;1231409]
    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Griffin is the best player QUOTE]

    Griffin is a beast at a harder to fill position who just won ROY. Gordon's a good player, but he not as good as Griffin.
    I think thats what a just say didnt I

  12. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    330

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Oj Mayo is a natural born scorer. This was just a bad year for him. i watched a video when iverson came to the grizzlies and he told the media that Oj Mayo is already a superstar. Not saying that means something, but thats high praise. He is a starting 2 in this league. He could easily score 25ppg. He is on a team with Z-bo and Rudy Gay. Eric Gordon is the go to scorer on the clippers. Its not blake griffin!

  13. #61
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oj Mayo is a natural born scorer. This was just a bad year for him. i watched a video when iverson came to the grizzlies and he told the media that Oj Mayo is already a superstar. Not saying that means something, but thats high praise. He is a starting 2 in this league. He could easily score 25ppg. He is on a team with Z-bo and Rudy Gay. Eric Gordon is the go to scorer on the clippers. Its not blake griffin!
    I think that you very, very, VERY highly overrate Mayo. You say that he's better than Granger and Gordon. Relax with that talk.

    And I'm a guy that wants us to go after Mayo in the summer.

  14. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    330

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that you very, very, VERY highly overrate Mayo. You say that he's better than Granger and Gordon. Relax with that talk.

    And I'm a guy that wants us to go after Mayo in the summer.
    i never said he is a better player than any of them. I'm saying if we get Mayo y would we need Gordon? And Mayo is defenitly a better player than Granger. Mayo still has a lot room to grow for his game, Granger i don't think will get much better

  15. #63
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i never said he is a better player than any of them. I'm saying if we get Mayo y would we need Gordon? And Mayo is defenitly a better player than Granger. Mayo still has a lot room to grow for his game, Granger i don't think will get much better
    Danny Granger is definitely a much better player than OJ Mayo. This is not even close to being debatable.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  17. #64
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    EJ would want to come here and we're giving the Clippers our best player and they can use someone at SF and I'm sure they're very much aware how much he'd like to come home.

    The FO needs to get this done. I don't want him just because he's from Indy, he's a damn good player still growing into his game and I'd love to have him leading this team.

  18. #65
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Mayo had a season like he did last year this would be debatable but with EJ improving his numbers and Mayos numbers dipping quite a bit it isnt close.
    Mayo could rebound next year but I dont think he can if he is still playing for the Grizz.


    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../mayooj01.html


    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...gordoer01.html

    Mintues are simliar and so are a lot of the other stats like shot attempts. EJ shoots the ball better and aves more assits and a much better PER rating this season.
    I'm debating EJ is the way better player, but as far as getting either guy, it'll probably take getting rid of Danny to get EJ and a lot less to get Mayo so I didn't know who'd be picky with who we give up to get him and would just rather give up a little to get Mayo.

    I'd glady trade Danny for EJ (S&T).

  19. #66

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    If Gordon is a FA next summer, and has shown he wants to be here. Why not save our resources and go after him next summer?

    He's easily better than Mayo. And certainly better in the locker room than Mayo. If we've got a good shot at getting him in the FA, why not go get some PF help...because say..in two years this..

    DC/AJ
    EJ/PG
    DG/PG
    Nene/Tyler
    Hibbert/NeNe

    Sounds like a really good team..
    Last edited by Sookie; 05-08-2011 at 12:53 PM.

  20. #67
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Gordon is a FA next summer, and has shown he wants to be here. Why not save our resources and go after him next summer?
    He's a RFA and the Clippers will probably match an offer so we'd probably need to S&T to get him.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  22. #68
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    EJ would want to come here and we're giving the Clippers our best player and they can use someone at SF and I'm sure they're very much aware how much he'd like to come home.

    The FO needs to get this done. I don't want him just because he's from Indy, he's a damn good player still growing into his game and I'd love to have him leading this team.
    Why trade Danny for him when we can just sign EJ outright in a year?

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  24. #69
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's a RFA and the Clippers will probably match an offer so we'd probably need to S&T to get him.
    I'm sure we could simply offer more than Sterling is willing to pay.

  25. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure we could simply offer more than Sterling is willing to pay.
    Sterling will pay

  26. #71
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    You don't know that.

  27. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't know that.
    If sterling wants to keep Griffin happy he will pay yes.

  28. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    It's kind of a silly debate without knowing the prices of either.

    If it's Granger and 2 firsts for EJ vs Rush McBob and a first for Mayo, I'd probably take Mayo.

    Neither player is so overwhelmingly good that price doesn't matter.

  29. #74
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why trade Danny for him when we can just sign EJ outright in a year?
    I think LAC will match. No one thought they would match Elton Brand's deal with Miami years back, but they did.

    If it takes a max deal to get Gordon, I'm not as high on him as some of you are, so I'm not sure if that's slightly overpaying or massively overpaying. I don't know.

  30. #75

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oj Mayo is a natural born scorer. This was just a bad year for him. i watched a video when iverson came to the grizzlies and he told the media that Oj Mayo is already a superstar. Not saying that means something, but thats high praise. He is a starting 2 in this league. He could easily score 25ppg. He is on a team with Z-bo and Rudy Gay. Eric Gordon is the go to scorer on the clippers. Its not blake griffin!
    What he said you put OJ and a crummy team like the Clips, Raptors, or Twolves that about what he would put up. The dude average 20 ppg for 3/4th of the year his rookie season.

Similar Threads

  1. OJ Mayo, Tony Allen fight on team plane
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 09:04 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 06:25 PM
  3. Chat with Rose, Mayo, Bayless, Love and Gordon at 4 PM
    By Trader Joe in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 05:02 PM
  4. Tbird draft analysis: Eric Gordon
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 10:27 PM
  5. Report: Gordon to bolt Indiana after one season
    By jcouts in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 05:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •