View Poll Results: Who would you rather bring in?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eric Gordon

    116 87.22%
  • O.J. Mayo

    17 12.78%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 111

Thread: Gordon or Mayo?

  1. #26
    Mr. Clutch granger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    its not downgrading if your best player isn't as good as their second best player.
    I disagree. Although Gordon is younger, as of right now Danny granger is a better basketball player.

    AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

  2. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,134

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    I don't get why people are saying he is the Clippers second best player. Griffin may be in the highlight reel more often, but I have a hard time seeing how he is better.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

    JEM

  4. #28
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Off course all most everyone here wants Gordon. The problem is how much wil he cost? I don't see the clips trading him unless they are in way below .500 at the trade deadline next year. They have a young core and a ton of cap space for the 2012 off season. The would just match anything offer we put out to Gordon. I would love to have Gordon here, and I know anything is possible when you are talking about the Clippers, but our chances are vey slim at getting him.

    Mayo might not be as good as Gordon, but he as far off as most of you think. He can create his own shot and his defense is not as bad as some of you think. I hope we go after Mayo this summer, because he is better than any of the free agent guards we could get.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacers74 For This Useful Post:


  6. #29
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Between those two names being brought up frequently, I'm curious as to who people want at SG for the future.

    *Keep in mind getting EJ is going to come at a higher price than Mayo.
    I want Paul George at shooting guard for the future. Case closed as far as I'm concerned.

    Right now we need two pieces, a closer, and a big post defender in the Dale Davis mold.

  7. #30

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want Paul George at shooting guard for the future. Case closed as far as I'm concerned.

    Right now we need two pieces, a closer, and a big post defender in the Dale Davis mold.
    i completely agree with the 2 pieces you want, and I also want PG as SG of the future, but wouldn't it be just as good to have PG at SF for the future with EJ next to him at SG?

  8. #31
    Call me Kauffie Kaufman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Haven, Connecticut
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    i would expect you to disagree

    I disagree
    Quote Originally Posted by granger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Terrible game by granger but his my favourite player in the league n I'm sticking by that. Pacer fan through thick n thin!!
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

  9. #32
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,148

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Off course all most everyone here wants Gordon. The problem is how much wil he cost? I don't see the clips trading him unless they are in way below .500 at the trade deadline next year. They have a young core and a ton of cap space for the 2012 off season. The would just match anything offer we put out to Gordon. I would love to have Gordon here, and I know anything is possible when you are talking about the Clippers, but our chances are vey slim at getting him.

    Mayo might not be as good as Gordon, but he as far off as most of you think. He can create his own shot and his defense is not as bad as some of you think. I hope we go after Mayo this summer, because he is better than any of the free agent guards we could get.
    Yep, yep, yep. At the end of their careers Gordon will be considered the better player, but the gap will be smaller than it is right now as far as public perception goes. OJ Mayo can be had for cheap, and it will be a huge steal. Everyone knows how good Eric Gordon is and you will have to pay that price. We could have a great 3 man wing rotation of PG, Mayo and Granger whereas Gordon would cost PG or Granger and more.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isaac For This Useful Post:


  11. #33
    Mr. Clutch granger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i would expect you to disagree
    I expect half of Indiana to disagree with me due to Gordon playing college In Indy. Everyone is biased in some way. But I don't know how you rate Gordon a better player then Danny as of today and what both players have accomplished thus far.

    AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

  12. #34
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,322

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    I don't live in Indiana so I treat Gordon the same way I treat other players in the NBA, and I think the Granger vs Gordon thing is very debatable.

    When both are playing their best, Granger is a way better player because when Granger is playing his best he's an all-star caliber player. Problem is, the last time that happened was 2 years ago, and it was only for one year. He did show a spark in the playoffs though, which is great, because it showed he can still play well, and who knows, maybe he'll be the All-star Granger again next year.
    Gordon looks like a very promising player, and when a guy avgs more ppg than his age (get it? he's 22 and avgs 22.3 ppg.. haha) it means that with enough hard work he could be an all-star/superstar type of guy.
    Gordon also had a better season than Granger.
    The thing about Granger is, he will probably not improve much. Gordon probably will. I don't know whether "Best Gordon" will beat "Best Granger", but in 2-4 years, "Future Gordon" will probably be better than "Future Granger".

    Still, I won't do a Granger-Gordon trade (right now) given the chance because I'm tired of waiting. We made the playoffs, I want to keep making the playoffs, I wanna see how our guys (Granger, George, DC, Roy) play as a group and individually.
    Last edited by yoadknux; 05-08-2011 at 09:27 AM.

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:


  14. #35
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,399

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Gordon, and it's not even close.

    My (pipe) dream is to drop our cap space on Gordon and Dwight Howard. Could you imagine...

    Hibbert
    Howard
    Granger
    Gordon
    Collison

    That's a contender right there.

  15. #36
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,399

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't live in Indiana so I treat Gordon the same way I treat other players in the NBA, and I think the Granger vs Gordon thing is very debatable.

    When both are playing their best, Granger is a way better player because when Granger is playing his best he's an all-star caliber player. Problem is, the last time that happened was 2 years ago, and it was only for one year. He did show a spark in the playoffs though, which is great, because it showed he can still play well, and who knows, maybe he'll be the All-star Granger again next year.
    Gordon looks like a very promising player, and when a guy avgs more ppg than his age (get it? he's 22 and avgs 22.3 ppg.. haha) it means that with enough hard work he could be an all-star/superstar type of guy.
    Gordon also had a better season than Granger.
    The thing about Granger is, he will probably not improve much. Gordon probably will. I don't know whether "Best Gordon" will beat "Best Granger", but in 2-4 years, "Future Gordon" will probably be better than "Future Granger".

    Still, I won't do a Granger-Gordon trade (right now) given the chance because I'm tired of waiting. We made the playoffs, I want to keep making the playoffs, I wanna see how our guys (Granger, George, DC, Roy) play as a group and individually.
    Danny and Gordon are each better than the other at what they do well. I don't want to trade Danny for Gordon; I want to bring in Gordon to compliment Danny. A wing rotation of Granger/Gordon/George (the 3G Network ) would be one of the best in the league. You have every skill set you need amongst those three.

  16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  17. #37
    "I'm your huckleberry"
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    682

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by D0NT SH0OT ME View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WTF? Is my computer broken or something?
    No, their keyboards have all had the "J" key swapped with a "G" key.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to DocHolliday For This Useful Post:


  19. #38
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by granger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think most of you over rate Eric Gordon. To give up our best player, for LAC 2nd best player, is downgrading.
    That rationale is silly. Would we be downgrading to trade Granger to Miami for their 2nd best player?

    The Clippers' "2nd best player" is just as good now as our best player, is much younger and is paid much less.
    Grown Man Ball

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  21. #39
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,399

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, their keyboards have all had the "J" key swapped with a "G" key.
    Jood Gob.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  23. #40
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gordon, and it's not even close.

    My (pipe) dream is to drop our cap space on Gordon and Dwight Howard. Could you imagine...

    Hibbert
    Howard
    Granger
    Gordon
    Collison

    That's a contender right there.
    Contender? With that starting lineup, and with PG, Price, Hansbrough, etc. on the bench, how would any other teams even be considered to be contending? We'd have championship rings falling out of our @**es.
    Grown Man Ball

  24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  25. #41
    Mr. Clutch granger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That rationale is silly. Would we be downgrading to trade Granger to Miami for their 2nd best player?

    The Clippers' "2nd best player" is just as good now as our best player, is much younger and is paid much less.
    If you read all my posts I have said "as of right now" granger is a better basketball player. No question about that. I don't know how anyone can really disagree.

    If you talk Long term, then maybe yes, Gordon maybe. But as of now, no way.

    AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

  26. #42
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,509
    Mood

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    I think it would cost us too much (Danny) to get EJ. If we can get Mayo on the cheap I'd rather see that play out.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:


  28. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,605

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    I don't want to give up a top asset for Gordon if I can get Mayo in FA. They'll want Granger or George. I think our wing rotation is better Granger/George/Mayo than it would be Gordon/George/Dahntay.

    Besides Mayo is capable of playing to or better than his rookie year, which would make him a heck of a trade chip or a young piece to build around, at relatively little cost.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:


  30. #44
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by SkipperZ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i completely agree with the 2 pieces you want, and I also want PG as SG of the future, but wouldn't it be just as good to have PG at SF for the future with EJ next to him at SG?
    No!

    I think Danny Granger at small forward and Paul George at shooting guard is better. Danny has at least another good five years.

    Paul is 6'8 and can guard point guards like Rose. If he develops his offense like everyone thinks he will, he will give teams matchup nightmares in the backcourt. At small forward he wouldn't be the problem he will be at shooting guard.

    Who would Gordon give us matchup problems with?

    In the NBA looking for matchups to exploit is what teams do. Some of you guys seem to want to make it easy for other teams to matchup with us.

    Granger is our Paul pierce, and he WANTS to be here when lots of stars have no loyalty. I want Bird to build up the rest of the team, and keep Danny.

    You keep Danny and trade him only when a no brainer comes up. Something involving a player like Cris Paul or Dwight Howard.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:


  32. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,761

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    =ChristianDudley;1231302
    ...just like Lance, LeBron, Durant,.........
    Please tell me you didn't just list Lance in with two players that are all-stars and possible hall of fame types.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'd definitely be a really good leader for us...
    OK, this I am curious about. We all know how skilled Gordon is, but what have you seen out of him (You may have watched him much more in the NBA than I have. I mainly saw him in college.) that shouts out "leader"?

  33. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by granger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you read all my posts I have said "as of right now" granger is a better basketball player. No question about that. I don't know how anyone can really disagree.

    If you talk Long term, then maybe yes, Gordon maybe. But as of now, no way.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...grangda01.html

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...gordoer01.html

    Gordon had a much better season plus Gordon still has 10 great years left. That factors in on who you would take moving forward. It is pretty simple when Danny takes 18 shots per game he aved 24 pts. The most EJ has taken is 13 and aved 22 pts let him take 18 and he would ave more. EJ is more efficent he also plays better defense hints the reason why he played in the world championship in Turkey last year and Danny did not. Not to mention his handles are so much better than Dannys and is far more athletic.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  35. #47

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get why people are saying he is the Clippers second best player. Griffin may be in the highlight reel more often, but I have a hard time seeing how he is better.

    You are kidding right?

  36. #48

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Imagine this lineup for 5-10 minutes a game after we sign Gordon next offseason...

    Gordon playing the point. George playing the 2. Granger at the 3. Hansbrough and Hibbert rockin the frontcourt. Holy ****... I'm hard

    Larry Bird

  37. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are kidding right?
    Griffin is the best player but Griffin called EJ the captian and the leader this season.

  38. #50

    Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksRGarbage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    eric gordon jr
    Therefore making Mike Dunleavy Jr. = MJ.

  39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CT Pacer For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. OJ Mayo, Tony Allen fight on team plane
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 09:04 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 06:25 PM
  3. Chat with Rose, Mayo, Bayless, Love and Gordon at 4 PM
    By Trader Joe in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 05:02 PM
  4. Tbird draft analysis: Eric Gordon
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 10:27 PM
  5. Report: Gordon to bolt Indiana after one season
    By jcouts in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 05:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •