View Poll Results: Who would you rather bring in?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eric Gordon

116 87.22%
  • O.J. Mayo

17 12.78%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gordon or Mayo?

Default Re: Gordon or Mayo?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    its not downgrading if your best player isn't as good as their second best player.
    I disagree. Although Gordon is younger, as of right now Danny granger is a better basketball player.

AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

I don't get why people are saying he is the Clippers second best player. Griffin may be in the highlight reel more often, but I have a hard time seeing how he is better.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

JEM

Off course all most everyone here wants Gordon. The problem is how much wil he cost? I don't see the clips trading him unless they are in way below .500 at the trade deadline next year. They have a young core and a ton of cap space for the 2012 off season. The would just match anything offer we put out to Gordon. I would love to have Gordon here, and I know anything is possible when you are talking about the Clippers, but our chances are vey slim at getting him.

Mayo might not be as good as Gordon, but he as far off as most of you think. He can create his own shot and his defense is not as bad as some of you think. I hope we go after Mayo this summer, because he is better than any of the free agent guards we could get.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacers74 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    Between those two names being brought up frequently, I'm curious as to who people want at SG for the future.

*Keep in mind getting EJ is going to come at a higher price than Mayo.
    I want Paul George at shooting guard for the future. Case closed as far as I'm concerned.

Right now we need two pieces, a closer, and a big post defender in the Dale Davis mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    I want Paul George at shooting guard for the future. Case closed as far as I'm concerned.

Right now we need two pieces, a closer, and a big post defender in the Dale Davis mold.
    i completely agree with the 2 pieces you want, and I also want PG as SG of the future, but wouldn't it be just as good to have PG at SF for the future with EJ next to him at SG?

i would expect you to disagree

I disagree
    Quote Originally Posted by granger33 View Post
    Terrible game by granger but his my favourite player in the league n I'm sticking by that. Pacer fan through thick n thin!!
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    Off course all most everyone here wants Gordon. The problem is how much wil he cost? I don't see the clips trading him unless they are in way below .500 at the trade deadline next year. They have a young core and a ton of cap space for the 2012 off season. The would just match anything offer we put out to Gordon. I would love to have Gordon here, and I know anything is possible when you are talking about the Clippers, but our chances are vey slim at getting him.

Mayo might not be as good as Gordon, but he as far off as most of you think. He can create his own shot and his defense is not as bad as some of you think. I hope we go after Mayo this summer, because he is better than any of the free agent guards we could get.
    Yep, yep, yep. At the end of their careers Gordon will be considered the better player, but the gap will be smaller than it is right now as far as public perception goes. OJ Mayo can be had for cheap, and it will be a huge steal. Everyone knows how good Eric Gordon is and you will have to pay that price. We could have a great 3 man wing rotation of PG, Mayo and Granger whereas Gordon would cost PG or Granger and more.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isaac For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman View Post
    i would expect you to disagree
    I expect half of Indiana to disagree with me due to Gordon playing college In Indy. Everyone is biased in some way. But I don't know how you rate Gordon a better player then Danny as of today and what both players have accomplished thus far.

Sports Logo

I don't live in Indiana so I treat Gordon the same way I treat other players in the NBA, and I think the Granger vs Gordon thing is very debatable.

When both are playing their best, Granger is a way better player because when Granger is playing his best he's an all-star caliber player. Problem is, the last time that happened was 2 years ago, and it was only for one year. He did show a spark in the playoffs though, which is great, because it showed he can still play well, and who knows, maybe he'll be the All-star Granger again next year.
    Gordon looks like a very promising player, and when a guy avgs more ppg than his age (get it? he's 22 and avgs 22.3 ppg.. haha) it means that with enough hard work he could be an all-star/superstar type of guy.
    Gordon also had a better season than Granger.
    The thing about Granger is, he will probably not improve much. Gordon probably will. I don't know whether "Best Gordon" will beat "Best Granger", but in 2-4 years, "Future Gordon" will probably be better than "Future Granger".

Still, I won't do a Granger-Gordon trade (right now) given the chance because I'm tired of waiting. We made the playoffs, I want to keep making the playoffs, I wanna see how our guys (Granger, George, DC, Roy) play as a group and individually.
    Last edited by yoadknux; 05-08-2011 at 09:27 AM.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gordon, and it's not even close.

My (pipe) dream is to drop our cap space on Gordon and Dwight Howard. Could you imagine...

Hibbert
    Howard
    Granger
    Gordon
    Collison

That's a contender right there.

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    I don't live in Indiana so I treat Gordon the same way I treat other players in the NBA, and I think the Granger vs Gordon thing is very debatable.

When both are playing their best, Granger is a way better player because when Granger is playing his best he's an all-star caliber player. Problem is, the last time that happened was 2 years ago, and it was only for one year. He did show a spark in the playoffs though, which is great, because it showed he can still play well, and who knows, maybe he'll be the All-star Granger again next year.
    Gordon looks like a very promising player, and when a guy avgs more ppg than his age (get it? he's 22 and avgs 22.3 ppg.. haha) it means that with enough hard work he could be an all-star/superstar type of guy.
    Gordon also had a better season than Granger.
    The thing about Granger is, he will probably not improve much. Gordon probably will. I don't know whether "Best Gordon" will beat "Best Granger", but in 2-4 years, "Future Gordon" will probably be better than "Future Granger".

Still, I won't do a Granger-Gordon trade (right now) given the chance because I'm tired of waiting. We made the playoffs, I want to keep making the playoffs, I wanna see how our guys (Granger, George, DC, Roy) play as a group and individually.
    Danny and Gordon are each better than the other at what they do well. I don't want to trade Danny for Gordon; I want to bring in Gordon to compliment Danny. A wing rotation of Granger/Gordon/George (the 3G Network ) would be one of the best in the league. You have every skill set you need amongst those three.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

"I'm your huckleberry"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by D0NT SH0OT ME View Post
    WTF? Is my computer broken or something?
    No, their keyboards have all had the "J" key swapped with a "G" key.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DocHolliday For This Useful Post:

Think most of you over rate Eric Gordon. To give up our best player, for LAC 2nd best player, is downgrading.
    That rationale is silly. Would we be downgrading to trade Granger to Miami for their 2nd best player?

The Clippers' "2nd best player" is just as good now as our best player, is much younger and is paid much less.
    Grown Man Ball

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    No, their keyboards have all had the "J" key swapped with a "G" key.
    Jood Gob.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Gordon, and it's not even close.

My (pipe) dream is to drop our cap space on Gordon and Dwight Howard. Could you imagine...

Hibbert
    Howard
    Granger
    Gordon
    Collison

That's a contender right there.
    Contender? With that starting lineup, and with PG, Price, Hansbrough, etc. on the bench, how would any other teams even be considered to be contending? We'd have championship rings falling out of our @**es.
    Grown Man Ball

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    That rationale is silly. Would we be downgrading to trade Granger to Miami for their 2nd best player?

The Clippers' "2nd best player" is just as good now as our best player, is much younger and is paid much less.
    If you read all my posts I have said "as of right now" granger is a better basketball player. No question about that. I don't know how anyone can really disagree.

If you talk Long term, then maybe yes, Gordon maybe. But as of now, no way.

Mood

I think it would cost us too much (Danny) to get EJ. If we can get Mayo on the cheap I'd rather see that play out.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

I don't want to give up a top asset for Gordon if I can get Mayo in FA. They'll want Granger or George. I think our wing rotation is better Granger/George/Mayo than it would be Gordon/George/Dahntay.

Besides Mayo is capable of playing to or better than his rookie year, which would make him a heck of a trade chip or a young piece to build around, at relatively little cost.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SkipperZ View Post
    i completely agree with the 2 pieces you want, and I also want PG as SG of the future, but wouldn't it be just as good to have PG at SF for the future with EJ next to him at SG?
    No!

I think Danny Granger at small forward and Paul George at shooting guard is better. Danny has at least another good five years.

Paul is 6'8 and can guard point guards like Rose. If he develops his offense like everyone thinks he will, he will give teams matchup nightmares in the backcourt. At small forward he wouldn't be the problem he will be at shooting guard.

Who would Gordon give us matchup problems with?

In the NBA looking for matchups to exploit is what teams do. Some of you guys seem to want to make it easy for other teams to matchup with us.

Granger is our Paul pierce, and he WANTS to be here when lots of stars have no loyalty. I want Bird to build up the rest of the team, and keep Danny.

You keep Danny and trade him only when a no brainer comes up. Something involving a player like Cris Paul or Dwight Howard.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

=ChristianDudley;1231302
    ...just like Lance, LeBron, Durant,.........
    Please tell me you didn't just list Lance in with two players that are all-stars and possible hall of fame types.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    He'd definitely be a really good leader for us...
    OK, this I am curious about. We all know how skilled Gordon is, but what have you seen out of him (You may have watched him much more in the NBA than I have. I mainly saw him in college.) that shouts out "leader"?

Mood

If you read all my posts I have said "as of right now" granger is a better basketball player. No question about that. I don't know how anyone can really disagree.

If you talk Long term, then maybe yes, Gordon maybe. But as of now, no way.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...grangda01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...gordoer01.html

Gordon had a much better season plus Gordon still has 10 great years left. That factors in on who you would take moving forward. It is pretty simple when Danny takes 18 shots per game he aved 24 pts. The most EJ has taken is 13 and aved 22 pts let him take 18 and he would ave more. EJ is more efficent he also plays better defense hints the reason why he played in the world championship in Turkey last year and Danny did not. Not to mention his handles are so much better than Dannys and is far more athletic.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I don't get why people are saying he is the Clippers second best player. Griffin may be in the highlight reel more often, but I have a hard time seeing how he is better.

You are kidding right?

Imagine this lineup for 5-10 minutes a game after we sign Gordon next offseason...

Gordon playing the point. George playing the 2. Granger at the 3. Hansbrough and Hibbert rockin the frontcourt. Holy ****... I'm hard

Larry Bird

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    You are kidding right?
    Griffin is the best player but Griffin called EJ the captian and the leader this season.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksRGarbage View Post
    eric gordon jr
    Therefore making Mike Dunleavy Jr. = MJ.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CT Pacer For This Useful Post: