Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 325

Thread: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

  1. #101
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rivers Cuomo of Weezer went to Harvard.
    Difference is, Tom made good music.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  2. #102
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    If there's any Seether fans out there, here's the artwork and track listing for their new album on May 17th. Looks great.



    1. Fur Cue
    2. No Resolution
    3. Here and Now
    4. Country Song
    5. Master of Disaster
    6. Tonight
    7. Pass Slowly
    8. Fade Out
    9. Roses
    10. Down
    11. Desire for Need
    12. Forsaken
    Last edited by Constellations; 05-13-2011 at 03:43 AM.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  3. #103
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,058
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Difference is, Tom made good music.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  4. #104
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,612

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Difference is, Tom made good music.
    Weezer is awesome man. Just gonna have to agree to disagree here.

  5. #105
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry, do you have sensitive music ears? I just call it the way I hear it.
    Last edited by Constellations; 05-13-2011 at 05:20 AM.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  6. #106
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Weezer is awesome man. Just gonna have to agree to disagree here.
    Let me re-phrase.

    Yes, they're a good band. But Tom made wayy better music. Tom is one of the most creative and dynamic guitarists of our era.
    Last edited by Constellations; 05-13-2011 at 05:55 AM.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Constellations For This Useful Post:


  8. #107
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Top 5 Guitarists:

    1. Eddie Van Halen

    2. Tom Morello

    3. Dimebag Darrell

    4. JB Brubaker

    5. Randy Rhoads

  9. #108
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry, do you have sensitive music ears? I just call it the way I hear it.
    I agree. People can hate Rage and Audioslave as much as they want, but Tom has one of the most creative minds in all of music. Period.

  10. #109
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,612

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me re-phrase.

    Yes, they're a good band. But Tom made wayy better music. Tom is one of the most creative and dynamic guitarists of our era.
    Technically he is the far more proficient musician. But there is no actual scale to say who made better music. It is just a matter of opinion. I love Rage and I love Weezer.

    And no top 5 guitarist list can be complete without Eric Clapton or Jimi Hendrix.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  12. #110
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Technically he is the far more proficient musician. But there is no actual scale to say who made better music. It is just a matter of opinion. I love Rage and I love Weezer.

    And no top 5 guitarist list can be complete without Eric Clapton or Jimi Hendrix.
    It wasn't a ranking list. I was just naming my favorite 5. Hendrix and Clapton are good,but not my style.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to KingGeorge For This Useful Post:


  14. #111
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And no top 5 guitarist list can be complete without Eric Clapton or Jimi Hendrix.
    I'll give you Jimmy, but Clapton is not a top 5 guitarist. Maybe for the genre...
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  15. #112
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,612

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll give you Jimmy, but Clapton is not a top 5 guitarist. Maybe for the genre...
    My friend, you need to listen to some more Clapton, no one can match his melodic solo's. Seriously the best melody I have every heard from any guitarist.

  16. #113
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My friend, you need to listen to some more Clapton, no one can match his melodic solo's. Seriously the best melody I have every heard from any guitarist.
    What would you say is the best song by Clapton that nobody knows about? I mostly just know about his bigger songs (I shot the Sheriff, Layla, Sunshine of your Love,etc.)

  17. #114
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,612

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What would you say is the best song by Clapton that nobody knows about? I mostly just know about his bigger songs (I shot the Sheriff, Layla, Sunshine of your Love,etc.)
    I don't think I can really answer it because the man just has so many songs. I think his album with BB King is pretty underrated though.

  18. #115
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think I can really answer it because the man just has so many songs. I think his album with BB King is pretty underrated though.
    I will have to check it out. Thanks.

  19. #116
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My friend, you need to listen to some more Clapton, no one can match his melodic solo's. Seriously the best melody I have every heard from any guitarist.
    My friend Jace is obsessed with Clapton, I deal with it enough lol. He makes great music don't get me wrong, and yes he writes great solos. But I still have to disagree with him being on the top 5 guitarists. But let's be honest, I think everybody has their mind set on their own top 5 guitarists and would defend them strongly lol.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  20. #117
    Member pianoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Muncie Indiana
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,348
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    A couple things-

    To Spirit: Funny you mentioned Disciple earlier! My band "Creating Constellations" is opening for them in July!!


    I'm into progressive metal. My favorite band is Dream Theater. If you've never heard of them, you need to check them out. If you're a metal fan, check out the album "Train of Thought" Every single musician could be classified as "the best" at their instruments. Also, lead singer James LaBrie's solo album "Static Impulse" is a teriffic album. Especially if you like screams.

    Other than that, I've been listening to:

    -Between the Buried and Me- The Parallax-Hypersleep Dialogues.
    -Avenged Sevenfold- Nightmare
    -Creed- Full Circle
    -Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows (DRUGS)-(self titled)
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

  21. #118
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion


  22. The Following User Says Thank You to KingGeorge For This Useful Post:


  23. #119
    Member Flibertygibits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Age
    32
    Posts
    139
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Five pages and no love for Meshuggah?

    I haven't heard of most of the bands you guys are talking about and if it wasn't for me being lazy right now, I'd probably give them a listen...but I'll save that for another day, and trying to catch up with the thread.

    Just an off the wall question. Does anyone listen to Static-X anymore? I used to LOVE them, but started expanding my horizons and they fell out and have fallen back in lately.

  24. #120
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Flibertygibits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Five pages and no love for Meshuggah?

    I haven't heard of most of the bands you guys are talking about and if it wasn't for me being lazy right now, I'd probably give them a listen...but I'll save that for another day, and trying to catch up with the thread.

    Just an off the wall question. Does anyone listen to Static-X anymore? I used to LOVE them, but started expanding my horizons and they fell out and have fallen back in lately.
    I love Static-X!

  25. #121
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the listen KG. Sounds great. Can't wait until June.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  26. #122
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the listen KG. Sounds great. Can't wait until June.
    No problem. It is going to be an epic album. I can already tell.

  27. #123
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No problem. It is going to be an epic album. I can already tell.
    Dude. I don't even know if my ears are prepared.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  28. #124
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude. I don't even know if my ears are prepared.
    My head is probably going to explode, but I am willing to take the risk. Lol.

  29. #125
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Listening to (Playlist) :

    Trivium- Requiem

    Oceano- District of Misery

    Parkway Drive- Five Months

    August Burns Red- Indonesia

    August Burns Red- Too Late For Roses

    August Burns Red- Carol of the Bells

    All That Remains- Not Alone

    Evergreen Terrace- New Friend Request
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Similar Threads

  1. Larry Bird releasing new Rap album
    By MSA2CF in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 09:20 PM
  2. Dwight Howard coming out with a kid-friendly album
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 11:36 PM
  3. Report: Favre formally asks for release.
    By Moses in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 09:14 AM
  4. Sources: Seahawks release former league MVP Alexander
    By Young in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 05:07 PM
  5. Larry Bird Releasing a RAP Album NOW!
    By majamama in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 09:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •