Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Results 301 to 325 of 325

Thread: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

  1. #301
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It sounds really good! Is Zac your guitarist?
    I play all of it. Zac is the engineer/Producer.

  2. #302
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    23
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I play all of it. Zac is the engineer/Producer.
    My first impression of the guitar work is it sounds a lot like Zakk Wylde. Its got that hard rock sound with metal vocals. I like it!

  3. #303
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My first impression of the guitar work is it sounds a lot like Zakk Wylde. Its got that hard rock sound with metal vocals. I like it!
    Thanks. I never can find a certain genre of metal for my work.

  4. #304
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    23
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks. I never can find a certain genre of metal for my work.
    That's okay. I personally like it better. That just means that you have a unique style of music. Just look at Rage.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to KingGeorge For This Useful Post:


  6. #305
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Exclamation Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Sleep With Both Eyes Shut
    Lyrics by: J. bailey

    Verse
    Now are time is up,
    Our eyes seal shut and the pain sets in,
    You brought me back,
    To change the lives of hopeless, and weak...

    Chorus
    Now I'm on my knees,
    I am praying for hope,
    That my time has come, that my time has come...

    You have waited so long,
    And many have doubt,
    That you're even alive, that you're even alive...

    Pre-Verse
    Open, my eyes wide,
    Spread your light through me,
    Rain down, fallen scars,
    As my fire, still burns...

    Verse
    Sleep with both eyes shut,
    And cleanse this air that poisons lies,

    Now our time is up,
    The hourglass is full, rain down the fire...

    Now my time is up,
    Our eyes seal shut as dusk turns to night...

    Chorus
    Now I'm on my knees
    I am praying for hope,
    That my time has come, that my time has come...

    You have waited so long,
    And many have doubt,
    That you're even alive, that you're even alive...

    Bridge Break
    My time has come, and I am praying for hope,
    My time has come!

    Outro
    Both Eyes Shut

  7. #306
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    23
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    I feel like your lyrics have some ABR influence to them. lol

  8. #307
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel like your lyrics have some ABR influence to them. lol
    A little. But these lyrics were actually written 4 years ago, just around when I first started listening to them.

    Believe it or not, the main riffs to this song, were written in 2008.

  9. #308
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Were are currently working on the next track for Our Last Ascend, "Reaching For Reason".

  10. #309
    Member pianoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Muncie Indiana
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,349
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    New Dream Theater Track:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5CQg9tH2Jc

    Easily one of the most beautiful ballads ever. Even people who aren't fans of the band will really enjoy it. The entire album is an incredible mix of metal, and pop-ish prog. Best thing they've put out in years
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to pianoman For This Useful Post:


  12. #310
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    23
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Been listening to this band called "Signs of Betrayal". I don't know how I haven't heard of them before. Guess they are just one of those bands that didn't make it big.

    Reminds me of Breaking Benjamin with metal guitar work. Check them out on YouTube, you won't be disappointed.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to KingGeorge For This Useful Post:


  14. #311
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Man, this thread, needed a bump...Thanks KG!

  15. #312
    Member xdespisediconx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    i got there drummer mike portnoy signature tattooed on my leg when i met him
    XDESP1SED1CONX

  16. #313
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    I think I'm just going to hang out in here for the mean time. I'm quickly becoming one of the favorite to hate people here on PD lol.

    Did anybody pick up the latest Unearth album?

  17. #314
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    23
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I'm just going to hang out in here for the mean time. I'm quickly becoming one of the favorite to hate people here on PD lol.

    Did anybody pick up the latest Unearth album?
    No but a guy at my work has been playing the newest Winds of Plague album. I think it came out in April. Sounds pretty good.

  18. #315
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No but a guy at my work has been playing the newest Winds of Plague album. I think it came out in April. Sounds pretty good.
    I have a love/hate thing with Winds of Plague. I've never been a huge fan of pig squealing.

  19. #316
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    23
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a love/hate thing with Winds of Plague. I've never been a huge fan of pig squealing.
    I didn't like them until I seen them at Mayhem last year. They just put on such a good show, which is big in my book.

  20. #317
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't like them until I seen them at Mayhem last year. They just put on such a good show, which is big in my book.
    Plus their keyboardist is smokin'.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Constellations For This Useful Post:


  22. #318
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    23
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plus their keyboardist is smokin'.
    Oh.... She is!!

  23. #319
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    23
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    The old keyboardist was hot too.

  24. #320
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The old keyboardist was hot too.
    OLD







    NEW






    Let me think about it for a bit?
    Last edited by Constellations; 09-29-2011 at 07:48 PM.

  25. #321
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Love the new Unearth.

  26. #322
    Life Ruiner Bury Your Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Flushing, Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    63
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    lets jump start this thread again bro-dudes.

    you guys should check my band Of Wolves & Angels on facebook. You can buy are EP on Itunes for 5 bucks.


    Check out the new Stick to your guns. ***** amazing.
    Try hard-er or Die hard-er. In this to win it.

  27. #323
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,149

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Hey, here's a place for me

    Nice name for a band, Bury Your Dead. Which one is you? Guitarist, drummer, bassist, vocalist?

  28. #324
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,276
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    My new favorite song right now is Sonne by Rammstein, and I think the guitar is beautiful.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  29. #325
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,149

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rock/Alternative/Metal Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My new favorite song right now is Sonne by Rammstein, and I think the guitar is beautiful.
    It's a very nice song, indeed.

    But since we're talking about German Mittelalter. How about some In Extremo?


Similar Threads

  1. Larry Bird releasing new Rap album
    By MSA2CF in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 09:20 PM
  2. Dwight Howard coming out with a kid-friendly album
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 11:36 PM
  3. Report: Favre formally asks for release.
    By Moses in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 09:14 AM
  4. Sources: Seahawks release former league MVP Alexander
    By Young in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 05:07 PM
  5. Larry Bird Releasing a RAP Album NOW!
    By majamama in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 09:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •