View Poll Results: Who don't you want to win the NBA championship?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't care.

5 3.52%
  • Boston

49 34.51%
  • Miami

74 52.11%
  • Chicago

52 36.62%
  • Atlanta

7 4.93%
  • Memphis

4 2.82%
  • Oklahoma

11 7.75%
  • Dallas

5 3.52%
  • Los Angeles

62 43.66%
  • I want OKC to win! But dont care if someone eles does (pacer4ever)

4 2.82%
  • Anybody but LA or Miami (mellifluous)

10 7.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eight teams left. Who don't you want to win the NBA championship?

Default Re: Eight teams left. Who don't you want to win the NBA championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reading fail. I voted as if it was about who I wanted to win.

I now would have voted Miami, Chicago, and LA.
    Bad day? It's your site and it says 'change your vote' at the bottom of the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    Following that thought, did you root against Pacers when he was on the team?
    well, i had no problem with Peja before he was on the Pacers...it's his sitting out of the playoff games b/c of some minor injury that made me dislike him...also i was an artest fan, so that probably influenced my view of him too...

Bulls are probably the only team that I absolutely don't want to see win. I don't feel completely one way about the rest of the teams.

Oops. I read the poll wrong. Now I feel like a big dummy head.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I want Dallas to win for sure. I always have liked Dirk, Kidd, and Peja.
    I voted for the Lakers as the team I don't want to win. I've hated them ever since the 2000 Finals.

I don't know how anyone isn't repulsed by the Lakers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I dislike many of the remaining teams, but I don't care who wins the championship as long as it's not the Lakers.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

NO lakers, NO bulls, NO celtics. Like thers have said, they've had theirs.

I would love to see OKC or Dallas from the west and Miami and Atl from the east.

I want OKC or Dallas to win it all, but I wouldn't be disappointed if Miami did either. I think the amount of unwarranted hate they get makes me root for them.

I hope Miami and Atlanta play in the eastern conf. finals and OKC and Dallas play in the western conf. finals.
    If OKC makes it out of the west, then I will root for them, otherwise I will root for who ever makes it out of the east.

I'm rooting for the Grizzlies, but realistically, the Thunder will probably win the series. Both are likable teams so I'm happy for whoever wins.

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    I just can't see how someone could claim that Miami is buying titles here. You could much easier make that argument with LA or Dallas. LeBron & co signed there to win and maybe to hang around with friends. Not because Miami was the highest bidder.
    I don't like the fact that LA & Dallas have such bloated salaries, but I suppose the $1-for-$1 tax tries to address that issue.

However, my argument about Miami is more holistic: I fundamentally recoil at their overall strategy to wipe the slate clean, salary-wise, and then go out and buy an entire team of free agents all at once. Teams like Miami and New York can do that because of location (marketing opportunities, climate, nightlife, etc.). Indiana and most other teams do not have that option ... and I would gag (out of we-drafted-him loyalty principles) even if we could.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not a chance of happening, but I want Memphis and Atlanta in the finals.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    I don't know how anyone isn't repulsed by the Lakers.
    I never had an issue with the Lakers(well except in 2000 of course) they have always been an interesting team to watch through the years and well namely despite my disdain for Phil(who doesn't bother me now as much as he did on the Bulls) and Artest(you really shouldn't have to ask why) I still have no issue with rooting for the Lakers.

Kobe is also one of my favorite players and I'm all for him getting more rings than Jordan if possible.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Celtics
    Heat
    Bulls
    Lakers

In that order.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No Boston or Jokelahoma City. Other than that I'm good.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    No Boston or Jokelahoma City. Other than that I'm good.
    Jokelahoma City? Really?
    Last edited by Constellations; 05-03-2011 at 11:34 PM.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I find all the Miami hate hilarious. Honestly they are the team I am rooting for now. OKC is a close second though.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I find all the Miami hate hilarious. Honestly they are the team I am rooting for now. OKC is a close second though.
    Yes, the Miami hate is quite annoying.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

I agree mostly, but I still like OKC better.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    I agree mostly, but I still like OKC better.
    Agreed.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    I don't want Miami because of the Douche Triumverate, and I'd rather not Chicago because A.) they knocked us out and B.) I'm growing to strongly dislike Derrick Rose.

I like D. Rose as a person and as a player , but I absolutely DETEST him as competition.. He is absolutely tough, can put a team on his back if need be, and has a killer instinct in crunchtime.. I guess in that aspect, I hate/like him exactly like I did Michael Jordan.. (NOTE: I'm not comparing him to MJ basketball-wise)

The only good thing that would come out of ChI winning it all, is knowing that they were the ones that knocked us out, but that we absolutely took it to them and made them EARN IT.. Other than that I can understand the feeling of not wanting them to win.. Me, I am indifferent to it either way..

I don't want Miami , Lakers nor Boston to win it all.. If Boston won , I'd just be glad it wasnt Lakers or Miami .. lol .. the lesser of the 3 evils ..if you will.. lmao

There are however a few teams that are still in the playoffs, whom I'd like to see win the championship..

Dallas .. I'd like to see Dirk FINALLY get a ring, I think he deserves it..

OKC .. I like Durant , and this team has been fun to watch over last few years. IT would be nice to see this young team do well..

Memphis .. The underdogs , this team has been dangerous in the playoffs thus far.. plus this is the 1st time that Memphis has made it out of the 1st round ...... EVER! ..Gotta love Z-Bo averaging like 26 and 12, or close to.. while playing like a superstar..
    Last edited by Kemo; 05-04-2011 at 01:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

I want to see them get to the Finals because it will be very entertaining to see them play whoever comes out of the West.

If it becomes LA-MIA, I can just see the story lines already:
    "Kobe takes down the King of South Beach and his royal friends to cement his place in history"
    or
    "The King stomps down the Black Mamba on way to first ring"

If it became OKC-MIA, then the story lines would definitely be about how the two teams are both great but built completely differently.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonHunter1105 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    There are however a few teams that are still in the playoffs, whom I'd like to see win the championship..

Honest question: Does Dirk have another gear? It seems as though Dirk is ol'-Mr.-Reliable in terms of consistent plug-away excellence. He's proven durable and remarkably consistent. But does he have another gear? In the white-hot intensity of crunch time in the playoffs, does Dirk have the ability to "go nuclear"?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    I don't want Miami , Lakers nor Boston to win it all.. If Boston won , I'd just be glad it wasnt Lakers or Miami .. lol .. the lesser of the 3 evils ..if you will.. lmao

OKC .. I like Durant , and this team has been fun to watch over last few years. IT would be nice to see this young team do well..

Memphis .. The underdogs , this team has been dangerous in the playoffs thus far.. plus this is the 1st time that Memphis has made it out of the 1st round ...... EVER! ..Gotta love Z-Bo averaging like 26 and 12, or close to.. while playing like a superstar..
    This sums up my opinion. I would just add that I also would like to see Dallas win for Mark Cuban. Love him or hate him, he is an interesting owner and I think the league is better for having him.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRik For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    Honest question: Does Dirk have another gear? It seems as though Dirk is ol'-Mr.-Reliable in terms of consistent plug-away excellence. He's proven durable and remarkably consistent. But does he have another gear? In the white-hot intensity of crunch time in the playoffs, does Dirk have the ability to "go nuclear"?

Dirk's been the best player so far during the playoffs. He's been absolutely killing teams in the 4th quarter. Isn't that another gear?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post: