View Poll Results: Who don't you want to win the NBA championship?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't care.

5 3.52%
  • Boston

49 34.51%
  • Miami

74 52.11%
  • Chicago

52 36.62%
  • Atlanta

7 4.93%
  • Memphis

4 2.82%
  • Oklahoma

11 7.75%
  • Dallas

5 3.52%
  • Los Angeles

62 43.66%
  • I want OKC to win! But dont care if someone eles does (pacer4ever)

4 2.82%
  • Anybody but LA or Miami (mellifluous)

10 7.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eight teams left. Who don't you want to win the NBA championship?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Eight teams left. Who don't you want to win the NBA championship?

At this point, I'm kind of sold on a Thunder/Heat finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At this point, I'm kind of sold on a Thunder/Heat finals.
    Same here. Dallas / Heat would look like the 2nd most likely scenario.
    But man would I love Dallas / Celts instead.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am actually now rooting for the Heat to win. Think about it if the Heat win the title after the first year of joining up in Miami. The owners would be more pissed and get a better deal for small market teams and try everything they can do to avoid stars teamming up. This would really help us.

I voted for Miami.

But if I had to pick one team that's most likely to win right now, it'd be the Heat. They play great defense and have the best two players.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I am actually now rooting for the Heat to win. Think about it if the Heat win the title after the first year of joining up in Miami. The owners would be more pissed and get a better deal for small market teams and try everything they can do to avoid stars teamming up. This would really help us.
    Ick. Now you're sounding like Senator Palpatine.

Yay so Miami will have a title, 3 stars for the next decade, and noone else can team up! Good for us!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    Yay so Miami will have a title, 3 stars for the next decade, and noone else can team up! Good for us!
    They are gonna have 3 stars reguardless unless a hard cap is put in place which could happen if the heat win the first year after teamming up.

They are gonna have 3 stars reguardless unless a hard cap is put in place which could happen if the heat win the first year after teamming up.
    Yeah I'm not arguing that. Just thought it's hysterical that we can make a case of rooting for the Heat as Pacers fans. Where is the world going? That said, you could make a similar case with Dallas or LA - hey look, the super rich teams won again, give hard cap and revenue sharing.

Miami, Chi, LA and Boston.

I should probably put OKC on there too. The whole Seattle thing is dirty and while the players and OKC fans had nothing to do with it, just the way it all went down is very unsettling. I do like the team itself, but not the circumstances in how they got to OKC.

As far as my other picks:
    Miami - Can't stand Lebron and want nothing but bad things to happen to him on the court (not get injured - just bad play)
    Boston - See Lebron and that's how I feel about KG.
    Chi - Game 4 at Conseco was an embarrassment for Indy, but also an embarrassment for the Chi fans. Plus I don't like Noah or Boozer (and yes, it would be different if they were on the Pacers)
    LA - I have nothing against Kobe or any of the other players (except Artest), but I just like to get someone new in there.

Mood

Yeah I'm not arguing that. Just thought it's hysterical that we can make a case of rooting for the Heat as Pacers fans. Where is the world going? That said, you could make a similar case with Dallas or LA - hey look, the super rich teams won again, give hard cap and revenue sharing.
    I dont dis like the heat like some. But i do dislike the fake Heat fans they are really bad fans who dont know b ball. I mean at least Boston fans(from boston i mean) know basketball. The heat fans dont know **** about b ball they are posers.

grizz

I dont dis like the heat like some. But i do dislike the fake Heat fans they are really bad fans who dont know b ball. I mean at least Boston fans(from boston i mean) know basketball. The heat fans dont know **** about b ball they are posers.
    You will dislike them after they kill us in the playoffs for the next decade
    and we might not even have a theoretical chance to add multiple free agents under the new CBA. After a while, we may get so sick we'll beg for multiple stars in Chicago, Boston or NY, just to beat the Heat.

Mood

and we might not even have a theoretical chance to add multiple free agents under the new CBA. After a while, we may get so sick we'll beg for multiple stars in Chicago, Boston or NY, just to beat the Heat.
    I wont beg for anything except maybe a Cubs world series victory

That wont make me dislike them. Thats the leagues fault for allowing it to happen will just make me hate the NBA more.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    Honest question: Does Dirk have another gear? It seems as though Dirk is ol'-Mr.-Reliable in terms of consistent plug-away excellence. He's proven durable and remarkably consistent. But does he have another gear? In the white-hot intensity of crunch time in the playoffs, does Dirk have the ability to "go nuclear"?
    Thank you, Dirk. You just answered my question (last night).

“A lot of people compare him to Larry Bird,” Mavs center Brendan Haywood said. “This is why.” - Yahoo Sports
    Last edited by DrFife; 05-24-2011 at 08:19 AM.

I think the hard cap is proposed to go into effect for the 12/13 season.
    The Heat have over 71 mil tied up in just 6 players with 57 mil tied up in the big 3 for that season. Even if player salary rollbacks happen and the hard cap moves up from the proposed 45 mil, I don't see how the heat can keep the big 3 together. I'm hopeful for the lowest possible hard cap that will force Miami's hand to break up the big 3. Maybe we'll only have to live with them for 1 more year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I think the hard cap is proposed to go into effect for the 12/13 season.
    The Heat have over 71 mil tied up in just 6 players with 57 mil tied up in the big 3 for that season. Even if player salary rollbacks happen and the hard cap moves up from the proposed 45 mil, I don't see how the heat can keep the big 3 together. I'm hopeful for the lowest possible hard cap that will force Miami's hand to break up the big 3. Maybe we'll only have to live with them for 1 more year.
    That won't happen. Owners have to approve it, and that kind of system affects a lot of teams, not just Miami.
    Miami doesn't even have the highest payed "big 3" for 12-13 season. Lakers do. In fact, Memphis 'big 3' will probably be payed more than Miami guys - once they resign Marc Gasol. Or Orlando - if they extend Dwight. Or New York - that's what they'll push for, at least.

The system you are hoping for would kill a lot of teams. And give a crazy boost to a lot of others. Owners would eat Stern alive before they agree on this.

There are plenty of ways to install lower cap without murdering the NBA, and surely owners and players will agree on one of them.
    Last edited by ballism; 05-24-2011 at 11:42 AM.

That won't happen. Owners have to approve it, and that kind of system affects a lot of teams, not just Miami.
    Miami doesn't even have the highest payed "big 3" for 12-13 season. Lakers do. In fact, Memphis 'big 3' will probably be payed more than Miami guys - once they resign Marc Gasol. Or Orlando - if they extend Dwight. Or New York - that's what they'll push for, at least.
    The system you are hoping for would kill a lot of teams. And give a crazy boost to a lot of others. Owners would eat Stern alive before they agree on this.
    There are plenty of ways to install lower cap without murdering the NBA, and surely owners and players will agree on one of them.
    Chicago 41.7 mil on 3 players
    Dallas 41.1 mil on 3 players
    Lakers 61.5 mil on 4 players
    Memphis 45.8 mil on 3 players
    Miami 71 mil on 6 players
    NY 43 mil on 2 players
    Orlando 41 mil on 4
    As you can see only 3 teams would be over the current hard cap as proposed but the remainder would not be under it enough to field a complete team. If any of them choose to use the amnesty clause on one of their players that would put most of these teams in a position to still field a team. Player salary rollbacks would help even more. The real problem would only lie with Miami and L.A. Of course Miami can choose to loose one of the big 3 and they might still make it. I think it's very possible that it plays out that way since the other 28 teams won't have an issue with seeing Miami and L.A. have to deal with loosing players for once.
    If a true hard cap is in place then sooner or later teams will make mistakes and not be able to keep one of their own players because they won't be able to sign him to market value and still be under the cap. I think the first team to experience this will most likely be Memphis with Gasol. They simply won't be allowed to offer him a contract that puts them over the cap.