View Poll Results: Who don't you want to win the NBA championship?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't care.

5 3.52%
  • Boston

49 34.51%
  • Miami

74 52.11%
  • Chicago

52 36.62%
  • Atlanta

7 4.93%
  • Memphis

4 2.82%
  • Oklahoma

11 7.75%
  • Dallas

5 3.52%
  • Los Angeles

62 43.66%
  • I want OKC to win! But dont care if someone eles does (pacer4ever)

4 2.82%
  • Anybody but LA or Miami (mellifluous)

10 7.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eight teams left. Who don't you want to win the NBA championship?

Default Eight teams left. Who don't you want to win the NBA championship?

I was going to run a pole to see who most posters want to win the NBA championship, but it occurred to me that some posters won't care at this point.

So I changed it to who don't you want to win the NBA championship? Being you can vote more than once it will also tell us who most posters want to win.

With me it's okay if Memphis, Oklahoma, Dallas, and Chicago win, but I'm really wishy washy on Chicago.

REMEMBER, IT'S WHO YOU DON'T WANT TO WIN!
    Last edited by Will Galen; 05-03-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Eight teams left. Who don't you want to win the NBA championship?

I don't want Miami because of the Douche Triumverate, and I'd rather not Chicago because A.) they knocked us out and B.) I'm growing to strongly dislike Derrick Rose.

I don't look at it that way. Honestly, my dream is every series goes 7 games, every game goes down to the last minute, several OT games, great intense play, great defense, great offense. if all that happens I won't care who wins.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't look at it that way. Honestly, my dream is every series goes 7 games, every game goes down to the last minute, several OT games, great intense play, great defense, great offense. if all that happens I won't care who wins.
    I agree. However, If I have a choice, I don't want the Lakers, Celtics, or Bulls to win the championship. Their franchises have had enough success to last a lifetime. I'd rather see Miami win it all than one of those 3 team. I'm really pulling for a team like Atlanta or Dallas to win it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

I want Dallas or Boston.
    I don't mind Memphis or Miami.
    I don't like LA, Chicago and Atlanta.
    I'm mixed on Thunder - I admire Durant, Perkins, Harden, Scott Brooks and their crowds. But I'm starting to dislike Westbrook's personality - a lot like I disliked young Kobe many years ago. Their attitude has so much in common, both in good and bad ways.

I won't be cheering for the Lakers, nor for Chicago ... but I voted for (against) Miami. No team should be able to "buy" a championship.
    Last edited by DrFife; 05-03-2011 at 10:21 AM.

I know who I want to win. OKC.

Who I don't want to win. Anyone that already has a championship this decade.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

miami(it's obvious), lakers(i can't stand to see artest win again), boston(i hate garnett and their overall cocky attitude) in that order.

i want dallas to win. it's not gonna happen though.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    I won't be cheering for the Lakers, nor for Chicago ... but I voted for (against) Miami. No team should be able to "buy" a championship. Period.
    Those guys took a paycut? I realize why people dislike them, but in what universe was it a money thing?

Reading fail. I voted as if it was about who I wanted to win.

I now would have voted Miami, Chicago, and LA.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Bulls
    Heat
    Celtics
    Thunder(the media darling thing is a bit overkill at this point)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What they took in a "paycut" is offset by paying no state income taxes in Florida. The one person who took a real paycut was Dwayne Wade. He makes less than both Bosh and James and he is the best of the three, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    What they took in a "paycut" is offset by paying no state income taxes in Florida. The one person who took a real paycut was Dwayne Wade. He makes less than both Bosh and James and he is the best of the three, IMO.
    Let me understand. Are you saying James/Bosh/Wade signed there for the money? Because that was the argument. Look, by far the best salary option for those guys was to resign with their own teams. Or James / Wade could've just said to Miami / Orlando "I want you to give me a max deal with no taxes, make it work".

I just can't see how someone could claim that Miami is buying titles here. You could much easier make that argument with LA or Dallas. LeBron & co signed there to win and maybe to hang around with friends. Not because Miami was the highest bidder.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Weird that nobody voted for Dallas...but anyway, this is the best playoffs since the Jordan era, with all teams competitive and the series unpredictable. So I voted for don't care. While I won't cheer for any team, the one who'll win it all is really deserving given the very tough competition.

Troy Murphy, so I voted Boston.

Chicago, Miami, and LA

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've taken an interest in the Grizzlies. I love cinderellas. They play well. I was hoping the Pacers would do what the Grizzlies are doing in this post-season. Plus, ZBo is representing Naptown and tearing it up. I like Conley, too. And baby Gasol.

I'm also interested in the Hawks. They've kept their mouths shut and played some damn good ball in the post-season...

I'm so tired of the Lakers.

The Bulls fans really acted so horribly in our series with them that I don't want them to win a championship, and it doesn't hurt my feelings at all that they're already down 0-1 to the Hawks. I don't think arrogant, jerky fans should be rewarded. They probly will down the road... but whatever. It's one thing to have a good team and be supportive of them, but to act the way they did was just idiotic.

I have no personal beef with the Celtics, they have one of my favorite players in Rondo, and who doesn't like Ray Allen. KG is sort of a putz, but whatever. They've won a lot of championships, so a part of me says "they don't need anymore", but they're a pretty good team. A small part of me wants to see JO do well, too...

The Thunder just don't do it for me, as much as everyone else loves them. I respect Durant, but they way that team is built... makes it tough for me to think they're built for playoff success. I wish they were still in Seattle. The whole situation doesn't feel right to me.

I have no vested interest in the Mavs other than I wouldn't mind seeing Carlisle and Nowitzki get a ring, they deserve it. I don't think it's gonna happen, though.

That leaves the Heat... all drama aside, they really kept the drama surprisingly low this season. I said at the beginning of the year, when they were struggling, that I still thought they'd be a top team come playoff-time, and that has proven true. I have a feeling the Heat are gonna get a ring this year. They put it together down the stretch and the star-power is overwhelming.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Big no vote for the LeBraun's...
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As long as it's not Miami I'm happy, though it would be awesome to see OKC win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    Weird that nobody voted for Dallas...but anyway, this is the best playoffs since the Jordan era, with all teams competitive and the series unpredictable. So I voted for don't care. While I won't cheer for any team, the one who'll win it all is really deserving given the very tough competition.

Dirk has always been one of my favorite players and it always annoyed me that he's labeled a choker (especially since I though the Mavs were screwed in the 2006 Finals) however I also can't see them winning it all either. I like Butler too.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Miami really doesn't bother me that much. At least I can admit they have enough talent in 3 guys alone (yes, Bosh isn't that bad...he is just weak). If they win multiple titles in the next 5 years I may start singing a different tune.

I still can't stand Boston so much. It is similar to the Spurs where I don't get how they do so good every year with so many really old players or ones that shouldn't be good (Big Baby). At least they should fizzle away pretty soon unless another big trade happens or they get lucky in the draft.

Similar level of dislike for LA, but at least I feel like they are talented enough to win a ring.

Chicago because I feel like they aren't the best team and shouldn't win it.

I wouldn't be thrilled if any of the other teams won but I wouldn't be mad.

here's an argument against Dallas: Peja (my least favorite "Pacer" ever) is on their team.

That said, I would be happy if Carlisle and Cardinal got a ring

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ultimately, the team that has been built from the ground up primarily through developing youth and going through the growth period where the potential could be seen despite not much winning early has turned into my favorite, like many here.

OKC is the next elite team, and I hope they get the job done and win the championship this year.

That would feel like a victory for what is possible through hard work, perseverence, and pride for what mostly seems like a team of decent, and very talented, human beings.

If I had to pick only one team to NOT win, it would be Bron-bron and the Menopause.

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    here's an argument against Dallas: Peja (my least favorite "Pacer" ever) is on their team.

I forgot he was on the Mavs...

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post

Following that thought, did you root against Pacers when he was on the team?