Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "I love this game because..."

Default "I love this game because..."

In the same spirit as the commercials, tell us why you love this game.

I'll start: I love this game even the small market teams can kick ***.

**note: yes, this is a shameful ripoff of the same thread already started on the Spurs Report forum**

Default Re: "I love this game because..."

I love this game because giants once strolled the lane.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

debohstheman

i love this game when someone pulls up on a breakaway and nails a three

god damn that is ballsy

*Makes Peck cry be reminding him how Shaq pushed Dale around in the Finals*

I love this game because I'm a Hoosier.

Because of the ABA . . . of course!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I love this game because in 8.9 seconds with the game seemingly over, someone can drill a 3-point field goal, make a steal off the inbounds pass, step back and hit another 3-pointer, and then finish it off with two free throws to win the game 107-105...in New York.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love this game because in 8.9 seconds with the game seemingly over, someone can drill a 3-point field goal, make a steal off the inbounds pass, step back and hit another 3-pointer, and then finish it off with two free throws to win the game 107-105...in New York.
    Damn straight.

I love this game because you can go out all by yourself, practice, & get better. You can even play a game, & all you need is just one other person.

Try that with a football or a baseball.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Because I can scream "Reg-gie! Reg-gie! Reg-gie!" and everyone will join in.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Southside_Pacer

I love this game because the Indiana Pacers message board has dancing fruits and vegetables emoticons. :

On a more serious note, I love this game because of Ron Artests' in your face defense. Not his singing.

I love this game because even the little guys have their place (clip of earl boykins eating his defender up)

This is terrible. The worst, least insightful, most blatantly racist marketing campaign in the history of the NBA and everybody's excited about it?

It's a terrible ad campaign. The demographic is middle-aged (and up) caucs.

I'm always embarrassed when I see it.

EDIT: I could live with it, if the commercials weren't SO BAD!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

This is terrible. The worst, least insightful, most blatantly racist marketing campaign in the history of the NBA and everybody's excited about it?

What the hell?

I must be missing something big time here.

What the hell?

I must be missing something big time here.
    Sorry, I misspoke. Last year's "Elvis - All Shook Up" promotional material was the all-time worst. This year only gets second place.

I stand by the rest of it, though. Applies to last year as well.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Is something racist because it goes after a demographic?

Not seeing where a race is being degraded.

BTW, I love this game because I still get to see Dale Davis play here in Oregon as well as the Pacers on league pass.

Dale was at a bookstore before Christmas too for a charity fundraiser. GF got his autograph and a picture with him.

Default I hate this commercial...

well i love basketball, and the NBA, I love seeing good Defense over Pretty Fluffy Bunny scoring.

But I hate those stupid commercials, The dang KC and the sunshine song is sooooo annoying, it's gotta be the gayest crap on tv. Maybe these demographics you were mentioning are trying to reach the Poofter classes of America.

:makes Hicks cry by reminding him that we haven't gotten out of the first round since Dale Davis: ed:

:

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Blazers have not gotten out of the first round either.

:makes Hicks cry by reminding him that we haven't gotten out of the first round since Dale Davis: ed:

:
    *points out to Peck that a) that isn't Shaq in that picture and b) The first round thing wouldn't even be an issue if Dale were still here because we wouldn't be in the playoffs and c) That's going to change this year anyway*

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Please expound on this campaign as being racist? How so?

I'm sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, but damn, I've got to have an explanation.

Marketing towards a specific age-demo. isn't racist, it's called business.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You can cheer for seven foot monsters without ing...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

I love this game because of Brian Cardinal. Because of the Knicks and the Pacers. The Celtics and Lakers. Because of Sidney Moncrief and Dominique Wilkens. Because of Earl Boykins. Because of nail biting last second victories. Because watching a team trade baskets in the fourth quarter in the playoffs is infinitely better than "Fraiser" or whatever. Because of the old NBA on NBC theme song (John Tesh holla). Because Ron Artest has a posse. Because JO has yet to hit his prime. Because of players like KG and Duncan. Because Kobe and TMac can be flat out amazing. Because of the dunks, the defense, and the drama...

I love this game because of the sound that a swish makes as it goes through the net.

I love this game because I got to see Dr. J. play before he retired.