Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51

Thread: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    I saw Paul George retweet a message calling for his return. In another thread I saw quotes from Dahntay Jones saying he did a great job and essentially that he wants him back.

    Has anyone else said or done anything publicly yet to support his return? Did I miss anyone?

  2. #2
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,283

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    I think Tyler's statement in the press conference after the Game 5 basically says he wants Vogel back.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Tyler's statement in the press conference after the Game 5 basically says he wants Vogel back.
    What did he say?

  5. #4
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,283

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What did he say?
    Basically what vnzla81 said.

    Also listen to the JMV podcast with Adrian Wojnarowski. He said Tyler was ready to run through a wall for him.
    http://www.1070thefan.com/jmv/podcast.aspx
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    Tyler did it in the press conference after the game, he said that they didn't have a team before Vogel and that now they play as a team.

  7. #6
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    Roy tweeted it earlier this month.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    So the list so far appears to be:

    Paul George
    Dahntay Jones
    Tyler Hansbrough
    Roy Hibbert

  10. #8
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,987

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    I wonder with such a turnaround if the players assume it has to be Vogel's job?

    Kind of the opposite situation with the Indiana class basketball experiment that most people were so sure was going to revert back to the old system at the end of the 2 year or whatever it was timeframe for the experiment that they were blindsided when they found out the IHSAA had different plans.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  11. #9
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,920
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    Tyler's post game comments: http://www.nba.com/video/channels/pl...postgame5.nba/

    Question: "Tyler, what can you say about your coach...would you want him to come back for next year?"

    Tyler: "Yeah, I definitely like playing for him...he gave me a shot, let me play basketball...one thing I think he did well was we became a team under him and we all kind of gained an identity as being a tough and physical and scrappy team. That's something we hadn't developed in the past, we didn't really have an identity, we weren't necessarily a team."
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,920
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    Here's the text/link to Roy's tweet:

    Coach Frank for coach of the year.
    http://twitter.com/#!/Hoya2aPacer/status/58209650616696832


    Just pulled this up! Add Mr. Granger to the list!:

    “We want that ‘interim’ taken off his title...Management usually asks for the players’ input on important decisions like this,” Granger said. “I expect [team president Larry Bird] to do so again. If he gives us who we want, he’ll make Vogel the full-time head coach — not interim. Vogel really improved our play overall. Of course, that’s a decision that management makes. And they don’t always make it the way the players want.”

    http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baske...th-pacers.html

    The same article contains an even more direct statement from Hans:

    "I want to see him back as head coach,” said starting forward *Tyler Hansbrough,"
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  15. #11
    Member luis3ep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    247

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    McRoberts and Granger have publicly said it too.

  16. #12
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by luis3ep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McRoberts and Granger have publicly said it too.
    Where did Josh say it?

  17. #13
    Member luis3ep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    247

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where did Josh say it?

    In a interview he said he'd run through a wall for Vogel.

  18. #14
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,754

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by luis3ep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In a interview he said he'd run through a wall for Vogel.

    I thought that was Tyler who said that.

  19. #15
    Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    515
    Mood

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    Solo and TJ Ford said no way they would come back if Vogel does!

    Also, Posey said he wasn't interested in becoming President of Vogel's fan club.
    Last edited by Larry Staverman; 04-29-2011 at 10:06 AM.

  20. #16
    Member luis3ep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    247

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought that was Tyler who said that.
    You may be right, but i swear i saw that interview when Josh said that.. i'm trying to find it to no avail.

  21. #17
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,920
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    P.S. I love that the article is in the Chicago press and the reporter sounds worried about Frank leading this team against them next season!
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:


  23. #18
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    So far the list is:

    Paul George
    Dahntay Jones
    Danny Granger
    Tyler Hansbrough
    Roy Hibbert

  24. #19
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So far the list is:

    Paul George
    Dahntay Jones
    Danny Granger
    Tyler Hansbrough
    Roy Hibbert
    Seems like enough for me.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Constellations For This Useful Post:


  26. #20
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So far the list is:

    Paul George
    Dahntay Jones
    Danny Granger
    Tyler Hansbrough
    Roy Hibbert
    What that leaves AJ, Lance, Rush, Posey, and Collison? Everyone else had no garunteed contract right?

    I don't see a name on the remaining list that even gets a significant opinion. Maybe Collison, maybe.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  27. #21
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What that leaves AJ, Lance, Rush, Posey, and Collison? Everyone else had no garunteed contract right?

    I don't see a name on the remaining list that even gets a significant opinion. Maybe Collison, maybe.
    Collison I would say is really the only other opinion that matters. Everyone else is a "Meh" with me.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Constellations For This Useful Post:


  29. #22
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,920
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    Foster's opinion matters to me, even if he is not coming back - just because I know he cares about the future of the Pacers and has been around the block more than a few times.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:


  31. #23
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Foster's opinion matters to me, even if he is not coming back - just because I know he cares about the future of the Pacers and has been around the block more than a few times.
    His name wasn't on the list I was referring to. And just for the record, Foster goes as the Pacers go lol. He's like me at B-Dubs, he's down for whatever.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  32. #24
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    I think Foster mentioned in his interview with Mark Montieth on 1070 that he liked Frank and hoped he'd be made the coach.


    Could be wrong.

  33. #25

    Default Re: How many players have publicly supported Frank coming back so far?

    I would hope that the players' opinion on Vogel's prospective return
    as HC would be a 'very small part' of the criteria that Bird's uses to
    make his decision.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •