Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So What Are You Looking Forward to Most About the Upcoming Year?

Default So What Are You Looking Forward to Most About the Upcoming Year?

I'm wanting to see how different the offense will be if any or how noticable it is. Also I can't wait to see what Bender is going to look like gamewise.

Also I want to see if Reggie will be as aggressive as he said he is goin gto be, and see if Tins has improved any defesively or on his shot.

To see how SJax is going to fit into the scheme of things as well. And of course Ron, see if he's ready to play within the offensive plan.

Can't wait for it all to start though!

Should be exciting

Default Re: So What Are You Looking Forward to Most About the Upcoming Year?

Bender's the most important in my book. I'm going crazy just waiting to see a picture of him bulked up. I was just as jazzed going into last season about him, too. Then he had to go screw up his knee.

Besides that, I wanna get a look at Harrison and Sax. I already have a positive impression of Gill, but Jackson has never made any kind of impression on me at all.

I'm hopeful that they're telling the truth about opening up the offense. I'm leery that, with another slow-it-down guy like O'Neill on the bench, it's just lip-service.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I looking forward to seeing how much better JO is with a summer of rest and 20 extra pounds of force.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Continued improvement (both on and off the court) from Ron.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Looking forward to alot of things....

Continued improvement on both sides of the ball by Tins... hopefully he and Carlisle will build enough trust to loosen the reins a bit.

JB needs to show the 5.1 game he has....and needs the time to show it...

Continued Maturation of Ronnie....making teammates better.

JO getting back on the block and using his full arsenal of moves... and not relying on the fade away all the time.

Seeing what Reggie has left in the tank.

Freddie finding his role.

Stephen Jackson impact on the team.

How our Centers will pan out.... Does Foster have a 15 footer to depend on.... Will Pollard return to his former self.... Can Harrison be productive in his rookie season.

In general...seeing how the offense will work...hopefully it will be more team ball...and have a better pace. What will the lineup rotations be... we can put a lot of different looks on the floor...I'm interested in seeing how all the possiblities will work out.

I could go on and on.

Jerm

edit: Oops!
    [edit=347=1097181947][/edit]

Jerm

I'm looking forward to everything stated above as well as looking for improvement in the post season. We should be better prepared mentally with the experience from the last playoff run.

I'm kinda iffy about Jackson but he does have championship experience.

It's going to be a great year to be a Pacers fan!
    [edit=347=1097182085][/edit]

sweabs

I'm looking forward to most of the things listed above.

Being from Toronto though, I am really looking forward to seeing what changes Kevin O'Neil brings to the table - and how he gets along with our guys.

I remember after every game against Toronto last year Kevin always commented on how lucky Rick was to be coaching our guys - and how good we were

I'm really kind of down right now, but hoepfully that will change soon.

I guess I want to see if Jackson can add an outside force for us.

I want to see if Bender will do anything.

If J.O. is committed to playing center can he & Bender be powerfull enough to deal with the Pistons, Heat & other bigger teams this year?

Will Jamaal go back to being one of the league leaders in assist.

Will Fred Jones be able to play at all. This is very disappointing to me because I really thought Fred had turned the corner last year.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

I am kinda lookin forward to a couple of lineups we can throw out there

Oneal
    Bender
    Artest
    Miller
    Tinsley

Foster
    Croshere
    Jackson
    Fred
    AJ

I wouldn't be surprised that if JO pans out at center then we could do the first lineup and if you aren't comfy startin JB then switch him and Foster then put Austin at center. I would do those lineups if i was coachin.

I really looking forward to see who will replace Jamison Brewer on the best dressed team.

Other than that Pollard is the one who I am most excited about. He should really bring it this year.

I can't wait to play Detroit again.

I'm really looking forward to hanging out and watching the games with my seven-year-old son this year. He is becoming a big fan and I love it when we watch games together.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm really kind of down right now, but hoepfully that will change soon.

I guess I want to see if Jackson can add an outside force for us.

I want to see if Bender will do anything.

If J.O. is committed to playing center can he & Bender be powerfull enough to deal with the Pistons, Heat & other bigger teams this year?

Will Jamaal go back to being one of the league leaders in assist.

Will Fred Jones be able to play at all. This is very disappointing to me because I really thought Fred had turned the corner last year.
    Why are you down?

The thing I am looking forward to most is the same thing I always look forward to most "seeing Artest play"

The thing I am most interested in is just seeing how the addition of Jackson and the subtraction of Al works. No one knows how these trades will work until you actually see the team play.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am looking forward to BASKETBALL!!!I can't wait to start going to games again and just watching them on T.V. I also cannot wait for the big games such as Miami and Detroit and San Antonio.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    I'm really kind of down right now,
    Why are you down?
    I think he's still got Shaq-flu.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    I'm really kind of down right now,
    Why are you down?
    I think he's still got Shaq-flu.

I think it's election-itis......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Without a doubt Shaq is my problem.

The day that trade went down my hopes for an N.B.A. title went out the window.

We can have a great regular season & come playoff time the min. we run into Shaq it doesn't matter. We have no way of stopping him. We don't even have a way to slow him down.

I didn't want Dampier, until Shaq came east, & then it became clear to me we had to get somebody anybody that could body up to him.

It looks like J.O. is going to try & God bless him for being willing. But the fact we did nothing to help our center position will burn us this year worse than it ever has.

Of course this only make me remember that we got rid of a player who would have helped....

I digress.

I know I am wrong to think this way & I think that once I walk into the fieldhouse & smell the air I will have a change of heart. But as of today I feel as though we are just going through the motions of another good season followed by another playoff exit.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

The Pistons didn't stop Shaq either. Guess which team has the rings coming out of that series?

Spurs Vs. Pacers, Game 7 NBA Finals

Thats what I'm looking forward to. It will happen too. I ain't saying who wins though.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

looking forward to:

-is McDyess REALLY slamming alley-oops way above the rim now, as has been repeatedly reported?

-Has Rip Hamilton developed his 3-point shot, (Larry Brown recently gave him the nickname, "3ball".

-How will Carlos Delfino do in his first season?

-Can Horace Jenkins beat Lindsey Hunter out for the backup PG spot?

-Can Ronald Dupree take the slam dunk title away from Freddie Jones?

-Will Tayshaun become the big-time scorer he CAN be, or will he forever be known as Derrick McKey part 2?

-Darko. Nothing else needs to be said.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    The Pistons didn't stop Shaq either. Guess which team has the rings coming out of that series?

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this.

There is no way you will convince me that Shaq was motivated or really cared. Conversly there is no way I will convince you otherwise.

So it's a moot point to argue about this now, we will just have to wait till next spring to see who is right.

I hope you are, btw.

I will say though, that I will agree that Shaq is more motivated/caring now. I just don't think it's "He wasn't then, he is now". I think it's "He so-so was then, he does more now".

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this.

There is no way you will convince me that Shaq was motivated or really cared. Conversly there is no way I will convince you otherwise.

So it's a moot point to argue about this now, we will just have to wait till next spring to see who is right.

I hope you are, btw.

Just look at the numbers.

Shaq "didn't care" so much, that in game 4, he dropped 36 and 20.

Shaq's problem wasn't motivation, it was contitioning. Look at his production in 4th quarters, and in games where he had 1 day of rest or less. It was FAR off his usual averages.

The Pistons made shaq work, because A- they took the ball right at him and forced him to play defense, drawing a lot of fouls, and B- they single-covered shaq every play, which pressured shaq to score EVERY TRIP, and although he usually did, Ben forced him to work for every hoop, physically. By the 4th qtr, you could tell shaq was gassed.

There just isn't any way a great athlete like Shaq gets to where he is by "not caring." Anyone thats EVER played sports at a high level knows that.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

db530

"I really looking forward to see who will replace Jamison Brewer on the best dressed team."

haha, that was good

I'm looking forward to seeing that last 3 of Reggie's career that wins it for us in Game 7 of the finals...in overtime...as the clock clicks to all zeros. If only it could somehow happen at the Garden.