Thread: Big Money for Pacers?

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Big Money for Pacers?

Pacers Plan To Be Players: With the Indiana Pacers' season now in the books and the off-season set to begin in Indiana, team president Larry Bird feels like his up-start Pacers squad has made a lot of progress but knows there is more work to do to get the team into the Playoff discussion for the foreseeable future.

The Pacers have just $35.5 million in salary commitments next season and just $24.8 million in 2012-2013 and that includes core players such Danny Granger, Roy Hibbert, Darren Collison, Paul George and Tyler Hansborough.

"Teams are going to be shedding payroll," Bird said to Bob Kravitz of the Indianapolis Star. "With the money we're going to have, we'll be able to do some things this summer. And whatever we can't do, the next summer we'll have another $10 million coming off the (salary) cap."

The Pacers hold a team option on Brandon Rush and will be shedding the contracts of TJ Ford, Mike Dunleavy and the lingering contract of Jamaal Tinsley and will finally have some breathing room to make meaningful additions.

"Anybody who watches us play a little bit and has any basketball IQ knows what we need," Bird said. "It's no secret. Everybody around the league knows what we're looking for in the draft and free agency."

The Pacers have been in the market for a serious Power Forward for a while and that is viewed as their top need. The Pacers also tried at the deadline to acquire an instant offense type guard in the botched trade for Memphis guard OJ Mayo.

So with change in their pockets, the Pacers hope they can address both needs this summer.

As things stand today, the Pacers should end up with the 15th overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft. The Pacers also hold the 42nd pick in the second round.

So between two reasonable draft picks and what could be $20 million in cap space to spend, the Pacers look to be in good shape going forward.

The two big questions are will Larry Bird and General Manager David Morway get to finish the job they have started and who will be the next head coach in Indiana?
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=19600
    Last edited by 90'sNBARocked; 04-28-2011 at 07:08 PM. Reason: PHP error
    Sittin on top of the world!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Big Money for Pacers?

Oh yea? Massive fail.
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

?

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ?
    I saw the same thing, just a bunch of random typing. Not sure if it is a forum thing if the thread is opened but the entry isn't completely saved.

Now it looks fine.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I saw the same thing, just a bunch of random typing. Not sure if it is a forum thing if the thread is opened but the entry isn't completely saved.

Now it looks fine.
    I have found out, at least with me, whenever I cut and paste an article I get that "php error" message and it wont post

so what I have had to do was, change the posts title, and then type a couple words in only

It posts and then I comeback and edit the post and cut and paste the article in

I dont think our current server is adequate enough to handle the volume of traffic this site has

at least thats what my IT security guy said

Gotta Play Big

What is Larry saying here?

"Anybody who watches us play a little bit and has any basketball IQ knows what we need," Bird said. "It's no secret. Everybody around the league knows what we're looking for in the draft and free agency."

Ok, I know some of our needs but around here people talk like we already have our starting 5 of the future. What I see are one all-star calibre player, one potential super-star and three very average starters. I suppose everyone knows we want OJ Mayo bad and I presume that translates to moving Danny for a front court player. Anyway, I must not have a basketball IQ because I don't think it's that clear.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    What is Larry saying here?

Ok, I know some of our needs but around here people talk like we already have our starting 5 of the future. What I see are one all-star calibre player, one potential super-star and three very average starters. I suppose everyone knows we want OJ Mayo bad and I presume that translates to moving Danny for a front court player. Anyway, I must not have a basketball IQ because I don't think it's that clear.
    We were one of 5 teams who didnt have a guard aveing at least 15ppg. We also dont have a good defensive big. Thoes are our biggest needs we have a lot more also.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    I have found out, at least with me, whenever I cut and paste an article I get that "php error" message and it wont post

so what I have had to do was, change the posts title, and then type a couple words in only

It posts and then I comeback and edit the post and cut and paste the article in

I dont think our current server is adequate enough to handle the volume of traffic this site has

at least thats what my IT security guy said
    I sincerely suggest you get a real IT guy to do the job.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    I sincerely suggest you get a real IT guy to do the job.
    LOL

I might have misquote what he said bro but

I work as a recuiter for an IT Consulting firm that focuses in 4 things:

Lean IT
    Security
    Enterprise
    E3PM - Program, project and portfollio mangement

Some real smart dudes, I know they would know why I got the error when posting

If by saying the site had issues , I ofended you in anyway, sincere apologies man. That wasnt my attention

What does your issue have to do with server load? I don't see how it would be related.

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    What does your issue have to do with server load? I don't see how it would be related.
    When I post with a cut and paste it will drag and then I get a very long error message.

I'll see if I can copy and paste

1: most ppl here paste crap the server don't want, in edit different failsafes are in place, hence as edit you get away with what is seen by the software (vb) as illegal paste.

2: serverload has nothing to do with php errors

3: if you dont personally know what you are talking about but are referring to people that "MAY" know something, then it is wiser not to mention anything at all.

I can paste a whole article without any problems, however i take the crap out first.
    (paste in notepad or gedit f.i. clean links, adds, pics, copy paste; no problem )

Certainly with all the crap in the paste, u can hit php.conf limits, they are more or less standard
    Has all absolutely nothing to do with the server, or the server load, or the bandwidth

Point is however this is a public forum, you saying things like you did can and will be read by a lot of people, if it was true, I would say mea culpa but it isn't true and that makes it I have to defend myself and my server.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Might I suggest 90'sNBARocked that you try doing it again while keeping track of the exact article and the exact steps (including a notepad paste of what you tried to paste into PD) and send a PM to able?

I do support (isn't it obvious), and I would say able knows more about the implementation than your security guy would.

And in future, you should probably word it "My IT security guy thinks that ..., does that sound possible?" so you aren't muddling the source.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    2: serverload has nothing to do with php errors.
    It may not be in this situation, not sure, I haven't experienced the particular error that people have mentioned on this board, but if the server is experiencing load issues, it can result in php script timeouts.

One of the shared servers I run a message board on atm via GoDaddy is experiencing just that, intermittently. Turns out that another client on the shared server is overloading the server with some bs that they need to clean up, and what results is php script time-outs for my board. It's lovely. I've had great luck with GoDaddy on many hosted sites, but I've told them if they don't fix the offending client, I'm gonna take the site elsewhere. The joys of shared host plans.

I'd guess PD has a dedicated server, though, so probly not a concern with someone else overloading it.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 04-29-2011 at 10:50 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A - Article says nothing that we didn't already know and is just a bunch of direct quotes from the press conference from yesterday.

B - I've never had a problem with this site, at all. I have used the copy & paste method numerous times and have never seen any kind of error messages.
    Grown Man Ball