Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: The 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Banned

Default Re: The 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    KR doesnt even matter anymore like it did now that they changed the rules stupid NFL
    It may matter even more. Tony Dungy stressed special teams. It is difference of five yards. Hands are very important in special teams. You are younger but last Colts Super Bowl if Kendra Baskett holds the ball, Colts have great field position & maybe Win another bowl.

I feel a deadly/dangerous kick returner would add a new dimension to this team. Imagine getting an extra 7 yards a return. The last decent one we had was Terrance Wilkens and he wasnt the same after Sam Sword of New Orleans laid a lethal hit on him in the preseason. The same could happen to Devine but he also can catch the ball out the backfield and with ADDAI's status in question mark and the hands of the newest back drafted in question as well he may be a decent addition.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    I wouldnt' mind trying out DeAndre Brown 6'6 233lbs WR. Supposedly he has be timed at 4.43 although his combine numbers are slower than that.

I would love the colts to have a big WR on the outside.
    yeah haven't heard much about him, but yeah thats what I was thinking with Tolliver dude is 6'4" but only ran a 4.54... this iw what they wrote about his proday at LSU on cbssports

All 32 teams were present in some form, including Steelers coach Mike Tomlin and general manager Kevin Colbert, Saints coach Sean Payton and general manager Mickey Loomis, and Cardinals general manager Rod Graves. Among the other notables to work out at LSU's pro day: WR Terrence Toliver (6-4, 211) ran 4.54 in the 40 and pulled his right hamstring, but before that he had a vertical jump of 33 ?? inches and did a 10-2 broad jump. Somehow, Toliver recovered enough to do position workouts, and he was outstanding. He caught everything thrown his way and put on a great, gutsy performance. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1244985

Some of the analysis of his negative characteristics are kind of scary especially for the NFL, I would still give him a shot I think he would be worth it...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bega View Post
    It may matter even more. Tony Dungy stressed special teams. It is difference of five yards. Hands are very important in special teams. You are younger but last Colts Super Bowl if Kendra Baskett holds the ball, Colts have great field position & maybe Win another bowl.

I feel a deadly/dangerous kick returner would add a new dimension to this team. Imagine getting an extra 7 yards a return. The last decent one we had was Terrance Wilkens and he wasnt the same after Sam Sword of New Orleans laid a lethal hit on him in the preseason. The same could happen to Devine but he also can catch the ball out the backfield and with ADDAI's status in question mark and the hands of the newest back drafted in question as well he may be a decent addition.
    Yeah but I was thinking the same thing as the other guy, kickoffs being moved up and kicks being further in the endzone i think there will be more touchbacks, and if they bring it out and only get to the 15 or 20 its hard to justify it being as important. PR will still be key if you can have an explosive guy on both than grab him but I don't think it is as big as in the past just because the number of opportunities to return kicks will be dramatically reduced.

With that being said I still love noel divines potential, like him since he was in HS, if you guys haven't already you should look at some of his HS tape, I know its not the same as the NFL, but just to see a guy do what he did and make some unbelievable plays is ridiculous

Mood

I loved the draft myself. We picked up some beef for once.