Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: The 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Default Re: The 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paea is gonna be a beast glad the bears got the 2 guys i wanted the most Carimi and him. But then Jerry Angelo ****ed up with the next few picks we draft another S and QB when Marcus Cannon T from TCU fell to us . I guess Angelo didnt learn from last year when we picked Lavefaver and cut him during the preseason. No one reached as hard as the Vikings with the Ponder pick.
    Passing on Cannon was a bad decision. That kid is a good football player.

The Vikings taking Ponder was a big reach, but they desperately needed a QB. I don't disagree at all that it was a reach, but they really had no other option. If they can't acquire Kolb or McNabb or whoever else, they'd have been in trouble.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Passing on Cannon was a bad decision. That kid is a good football player.

The Vikings taking Ponder was a big reach, but they desperately needed a QB. I don't disagree at all that it was a reach, but they really had no other option. If they can't acquire Kolb or McNabb or whoever else, they'd have been in trouble.

If I was in charge at Vikings camp i trade back to get him. Hw would have still been there in the mid 30s.

I just cant wait for the QB we drafted to get cut just like last year with Lafeaver. When a first rd qualtiy tackle was avalible. The funny thing is that Cannon and Carimi would have both started from day one. Jerry Angelo is an idiot. I was a fan of drafting all offensive linemen lol our oline is that bad. I think we may go after Sidney Rice in FA's because we dont have a #1.

Not to mention, going into the draft my 2 guys I really wanted were Paea and Nevis. I wanted Paea more, but I'm very pleased with Nevis. I even did a little happy dance when we picked him

As for the other 2, I hope they can contribute. Delone Carter is a load at RB being Mike Hart height and about 15 more pounds. And a little bit quicker.
    I think the Colts drafting Nevis spells the end of Foster or Muir as a Colt and the same goes for Carter replacing Hart.

I hate to see Hart gone but if Carter can give us more production at a lower cost then we have to do it.

Banned

We better resign Melvin Bullet. After Jacksonville moving up to take a rookie QB @ 10 and Tn reaching for for Locker, I thought the Colts should have gone Defense Defense Defense.

I understand their logic Manning their "Franchise" is still a free agent and you pleased him by getting him more protection. The kid from Boston College is a huge and the organization moving up to get another OL shows the guy we are committed to keeping him protected for years to come. We also picked up a bowling ball back to run behind this new huge 6"7 man on 3rd n short.

Polian said in watching tape on Nevis he is a high motor guy who you watch and say Yeah this guy is a Colt. I still hopes the organization signs K Dawson & takes a serious look last year R Mathews as well. They are both low cost high value players that know the system.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bega View Post
    We better resign Melvin Bullet. After Jacksonville moving up to take a rookie QB @ 10 and Tn reaching for for Locker, I thought the Colts should have gone Defense Defense Defense.

I understand their logic Manning their "Franchise" is still a free agent and you pleased him by getting him more protection. The kid from Boston College is a huge and the organization moving up to get another OL shows the guy we are committed to keeping him protected for years to come. We also picked up a bowling ball back to run behind this new huge 6"7 man on 3rd n short.

Polian said in watching tape on Nevis he is a high motor guy who you watch and say Yeah this guy is a Colt. I still hopes the organization signs K Dawson & takes a serious look last year R Mathews as well. They are both low cost high value players that know the system.
    As in Keyunta Dawson? That dude is AWFUL.

Mood

Yeah hopefully we can sign Bluitt, but I think the offensive line needs are more important... and especially considering the first statement about them getting QB's those guys will need a couple of years to mature or current D can handle them quite well I think. Also there were a lot of safeties that weren't drafted that all have some upside hopefully we will sign them when a CBA agreement is made.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    As in Keyunta Dawson? That dude is AWFUL.
    Ya Dawson is out and R Matthews is already signed for the next 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    I think the Colts drafting Nevis spells the end of Foster or Muir as a Colt and the same goes for Carter replacing Hart.

I hate to see Hart gone but if Carter can give us more production at a lower cost then we have to do it.
    I hope Muir is the one who's gone. The guy is straight awful. I met him at training camp and he was as nice as could be, but that doesn't make me want him on our team

As for Foster, I don't much care for him either. All I know is I expect our 2 main DT's to be Moala and Nevis.

Banned

I hope Muir is the one who's gone. The guy is straight awful. I met him at training camp and he was as nice as could be, but that doesn't make me want him on our team

As for Foster, I don't much care for him either. All I know is I expect our 2 main DT's to be Moala and Nevis.
    I have been watching Colts for a while just because they draft Nevis doesnt mean he is on the team. Remember sweet pea burns.

I am a fan of K Dawson, have liked his game since college. It will be interesting to see how the OT & DT take form. I will tell you this much J Hughes better step up.

I wonder how the draft would have turned out if the Colts had selected Paea and Nevis instead of Ijalana and Nevis. Would Paea and Nevis been too short a line?

Still, best draft in awhile.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

I have been watching Colts for a while just because they draft Nevis doesnt mean he is on the team. Remember sweet pea burns.

I am a fan of K Dawson, have liked his game since college. It will be interesting to see how the OT & DT take form. I will tell you this much J Hughes better step up.
    I take it you don't watch much SEC ball then? Nevis was amongst the most dominant DT's in the conference. Sure Nick Fairley and Marcel Dareus were there, but Drake Nevis was easily one of the most dominant players in the conference, putting up near identical numbers to them. No, he's not as good as they are. But if you've honestly watched the Colts like you say, and I'm sure you do, you'd know he'll be making this team barring injuries.

You'd be hard pressed to find a team in the NFL with worst starting defensive tackles. I mean come on. Muir is by far the worst starting DT in the NFL, no questions asked.

It'd be different if he actually had to compete against some decent talent. But he doesn't. Not to mention he's a scheme perfect fit for the Colts, and can play 1-Tech unlike anybody else on this team.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but my family lives and breathes SEC football, and players who have the ability to dominate like Nevis can won't struggle to make a team with the worst DT rotation in the NFL.

And as for Jerry Hughes, I view him more as a developmental player. Heck, he was drafted to play behind two of the best pass rushers in the NFL. Frankly, I'm not sure where Polian thought he would fit in. I'm glad we got Castonzo this year as opposed to Saffold last year, but even Polian admitted it was a mistake taking Hughes. I do agree he's got to step up on special teams, and I hope we don't see him playing regularly on defense since that would likely mean an injury to Mathis or Freeney.
    Last edited by Psyren; 05-02-2011 at 09:17 PM.

I take it you don't watch much SEC ball then? Nevis was amongst the most dominant DT's in the conference. Sure Nick Fairley and Marcel Dareus were there, but Drake Nevis was easily one of the most dominant players in the conference, putting up near identical numbers to them. No, he's not as good as they are. But if you've honestly watched the Colts like you say, and I'm sure you do, you'd know he'll be making this team barring injuries.

You'd be hard pressed to find a team in the NFL with worst starting defensive tackles. I mean come on. Muir is by far the worst starting DT in the NFL, no questions asked.

It'd be different if he actually had to compete against some decent talent. But he doesn't. Not to mention he's a scheme perfect fit for the Colts, and can play 1-Tech unlike anybody else on this team.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but my family lives and breathes SEC football, and players who have the ability to dominate like Nevis can won't struggle to make a team with the worst DT rotation in the NFL.

And as for Jerry Hughes, I view him more as a developmental player. Heck, he was drafted to play behind two of the best pass rushers in the NFL. Frankly, I'm not sure where Polian thought he would fit in. I'm glad we got Castonzo this year as opposed to Saffold last year, but even Polian admitted it was a mistake taking Hughes. I do agree he's got to step up on special teams, and I hope we don't see him playing regularly on defense since that would likely mean an injury to Mathis or Freeney.
    Just imagine if we had taken Saffold last year and Castonzo this year. We wouldn't have had to waste a pick trading up for Ijalana and could have had more options. I know, hindsight, but we could have been better off. Could have taken someone else in the 2nd, Nevis in the 3rd and still have our 5th pick. Hard to get upset, cause I'm so happy with this year's draft. Hopefully all those guys become starters and we'll be talking about this draft for years to come.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Banned

I watch plenty of SEC ball. I just know nothing is for sure. I want Nevis to be a beast and the Colts to playing in the bowl in Indy 2012.

I watch plenty of SEC ball. I just know nothing is for sure. I want Nevis to be a beast and the Colts to playing in the bowl in Indy 2012.
    But why wouldn't Nevis make it? That's all I'm wondering about. I know that nothing is for sure, but what reason would he not make it? He sure as hell isn't any worse than Johnson or Muir. Even if he got injured the Colts would keep him, as was/is the case with Kevin Thomas, our 3rd rounder of last year. There's really no reason at all he wouldn't make it, barring some stupid criminal activity. And that's unlikely, because from what I know he's a good kid. Based purely on talent, he already beats out every DT we have. Unless from your experience of watching the SEC, you didn't feel like Nevis was any good...?

It's like saying that because the Cardinals drafted Patrick Peterson, he could still not make it. Which is flat ridiculous to say. Barring some very unfortunate personal injury type of thing, he'll make it. As will Nevis. Peterson instantly is the best CB Arizona has, and Nevis is probably already our best DT. These guys will make their teams.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude or argumentative. I see your point of saying "they could not make it", but it seems to me you think either A). Something very unfortunate is going to happen to them or B). You simply think Nevis is terrible and that Muir, Johnson and the rest of our DT's are just wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than him and he has no shot because he sucks.

And I hope we're playing in the Bowl as well
    Last edited by Psyren; 05-03-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's not fair to compare him to a player that was dogged by injuries and legal troubles though...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Not a follower of college football, but pretty glad we picked up 2 OL's and a DT with the first few picks. Never seen any of em play but it seems like most people are pretty happy about it. Just wondering how the RB situation will be next year esp with Donald Brown. Also, although the O line was the most pressing issue to address in the draft, we certainly need to get upgrades in a few other positions, namely CB and S considering how crappy Lacey is (love Powers, Hayden is alright) esp with the injury history to defensive backs on this team.

Also, no one really focuses on this but sooner or later I feel like we need a burner WR to be a superbowl team again. Wayne is getting old and Collie is great in the slot, but Peyton rarely throws bombs anymore so we don't really have a deep threat on the team (maybe Gonzales if healthy). Makes me sad we missed out on Desean that year.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    But yeah he can definitely get cut like a lot of our late picks last year.
    What late picks getting cut are you talking about?

The Colts cut only one of their draft picks last season that being their last pick Ray Fisher.

Hughes, Angerer, Thomas (injured reserve), McClendon, Eldridge, Mathews, and Conner all made the team.

Quote Originally Posted by birdsandbats View Post
    Also, no one really focuses on this but sooner or later I feel like we need a burner WR to be a superbowl team again. Wayne is getting old and Collie is great in the slot, but Peyton rarely throws bombs anymore so we don't really have a deep threat on the team (maybe Gonzales if healthy). Makes me sad we missed out on Desean that year.
    Garcon is are supposed fast wr who stretches the feild. He's not the best but he's paid a reasonable salary.

Our most pressing need is to resign Bullit and get Wayne a reasonable contract or find his replacement.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    What late picks getting cut are you talking about?

The Colts cut only one of their draft picks last season that being their last pick Ray Fisher.

Hughes, Angerer, Thomas (injured reserve), McClendon, Eldridge, Mathews, and Conner all made the team.
    Sorry yeah I am thinking about a lot of the undrafted free agents that we signed, thanks

Banned

I am just never one to expect too much from NFL rookies. Just look at Sergio Kindle from Texas who fell down steps after the draft. Honestly I was more into the QB situation watching LSU play last season. Patrick Patterson stole all the headlines on D. They played the craziest game against Tenn last season that I have ever seen.

As far as RB goes we should really look at picking up Noel Devine as an UFA. He is a waterbug back from WV with great return ability. I was upset last year when we went with Ray Fisher over L Blount of Oregon.

I'm in favor of moving 1 of the 3 WR's for a draft pick but Gonzo is often injured and Collie has concussion issues. I think Blair White did a hell of a job last year filling in. He is tall and has excellent hands. No break away speed but what good is 4.2 speed if you cant catch a ball.

Mood

I am just never one to expect too much from NFL rookies. Just look at Sergio Kindle from Texas who fell down steps after the draft. Honestly I was more into the QB situation watching LSU play last season. Patrick Patterson stole all the headlines on D. They played the craziest game against Tenn last season that I have ever seen.

As far as RB goes we should really look at picking up Noel Devine as an UFA. He is a waterbug back from WV with great return ability. I was upset last year when we went with Ray Fisher over L Blount of Oregon.

I'm in favor of moving 1 of the 3 WR's for a draft pick but Gonzo is often injured and Collie has concussion issues. I think Blair White did a hell of a job last year filling in. He is tall and has excellent hands. No break away speed but what good is 4.2 speed if you cant catch a ball.
    Agreed, especially with the Noel Divine idea, darren sproles 2.0 on KR/PR, and def if we could get anything trade gonzo... I like garcon and wayne on the outsides and collie or white inside. I also think we could take a look at some undrafted free agents like Terrence Tolliver.

Mood

Not just Serigo but Ben Tate last year got injuried and missed the whole season for the texans. He was suppose to be there starter last year luckly he didnt for them as they discovered Foster.

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Agreed, especially with the Noel Divine idea, darren sproles 2.0 on KR/PR, and def if we could get anything trade gonzo... I like garcon and wayne on the outsides and collie or white inside. I also think we could take a look at some undrafted free agents like Terrence Tolliver.
    I wouldnt' mind trying out DeAndre Brown 6'6 233lbs WR. Supposedly he has be timed at 4.43 although his combine numbers are slower than that.

I would love the colts to have a big WR on the outside.

As some have said, I'd love to give Noel Devine a try as a KR/PR.

At least let him compete and see what he can do against Devin Moore, who did a damn good job last year until that injury. And Moore was doing it with s***ty blockers in front of him.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Mood

As some have said, I'd love to give Noel Devine a try as a KR/PR.

At least let him compete and see what he can do against Devin Moore, who did a damn good job last year until that injury. And Moore was doing it with s***ty blockers in front of him.
    KR doesnt even matter anymore like it did now that they changed the rules stupid NFL