Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 133

Thread: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

  1. #51

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    true point guard skills that put Collison and Price to shame

    Wow, you could see that in the few games Stephenson played! You NEVER once made any type of statement like this during the season in any threads or debates about Stephenson. Why the revelation of your feelings now??

  2. #52

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    [QUOTE=Thingfish;1226949]

    The main one being that Lance isn't our most important player. /QUOTE]


    Neither was Shawne Williams. He still hurt the Pacers with his bad PR.

    What some don't seem to get is that the average Indiana citizen who isn't a diehard fan still associates the Pacers as thugs. They don't understand those players are gone now, so if Stephenson creates a PR nightmare those citizens see the SOS with the Pacers. How many times have I been told by people that they haven't followed the Pacers since the fight in Detroit,
    and all the player off the court problems. They got fed up with "THOSE" Pacers, and aren't interested in the team anymore. Nothing proves this out more than the loss in attendance.

    It irrates the stuffings out of me to read posters say I don't care about the player causing problems as long as we win. That attitude is nothing more than selfishness to get an end result with disregard to the potential harm to your so called beloved Pacers. It's hard to overcome a bad reputation once you have one. It takes time with NO MORE PR PROBLEMS. That's right NO MORE PR PROBLEMS.

  3. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,162

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What some don't seem to get is that the average Indiana citizen who isn't a diehard fan still associates the Pacers as thugs. They don't understand those players are gone now, so if Stephenson creates a PR nightmare those citizens see the SOS with the Pacers.
    .
    Sounds like someone who has no interest in the Pacers one way or another and probably has not purchased a ticket since Reggie retired.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  5. #54
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    a lot of people are asking if Lance is so good how come he can't even get off the bench?

    I honestly think that Bird and co are trying their best to hold a tight leash with him and sending him a message that he will never sniff the NBA court if he doesn't get his head in the right place. And I agree with that.

    If you want him to learn to grow up, you can't reward him with playing time right now. Specially when he is only 19 years old. Yes the dude can be a game changer due to his "talent" but until we manage to get his mind out of the gutter, I don't mind him being the 12th man.

  6. #55
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,964

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, you could see that in the few games Stephenson played! You NEVER once made any type of statement like this during the season in any threads or debates about Stephenson. Why the revelation of your feelings now??

    Yes, I did, after the game at Dallas.

    I typically don't hold back my thoughts.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  8. #56
    Member Reginald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fishers, IN
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see Lance's considerably talent. he's got a great NBA body and true point guard skills that put Collison and Price to shame
    Huh? The kid is a selfish scorer with poor fundamentals, poor shot selection, and a body and skillset somewhere between a SG and SF. The day Stephenson has an assist-to-turnover ratio north of +3 or makes more than 40% of his shots is the day the Pacers draw a charge at the United Center on Derrick Rose.

  9. #57
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,964

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huh? The kid is a selfish scorer with poor fundamentals, poor shot selection, and a body and skillset somewhere between a SG and SF. The day Stephenson has an assist-to-turnover ratio north of +3 or makes more than 40% of his shots is the day the Pacers draw a charge at the United Center on Derrick Rose.

    OK, I grant you all that I suppose, but he still has real point guard innate skills that cannot be taught and that are almost impossible to find in players today. He sees the court, he sees the play before it developes, he has an innate ability to pass the ball. That is what I mean when I say "point guard skills" shooting, assist to turnover ratio, poor selection.....is not what I'm talking about

    I think you and I are discussing different aspects to his game.

    I was one who either did care or had no knowledge about his game until I saw him play in March, I was expecting to not be impressed, but I was

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  11. #58
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,650

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neither was Shawne Williams. He still hurt the Pacers with his bad PR.
    Shawne Williams' problems came on the heels of a bunch of problems with players who WERE very important.

    It's hard to say what his impact would have been in a vacuum (i.e. if it was the only issue that had taken place for the couple of years previous), but I suspect it would have been much less.

    I think we are in a position where bad PR leading to sending a guy packing is not optimal but isn't as destructive as in the past. As long as Lance is in a position to be sent packing cheaply, we're fine. If he keeps his nose clean and works his way up the ladder, then I think it is worth the risk.

    Bear in mind I separate locker room from public. There are things that go on in the locker room that need to stay in the locker room and be dealt with there, only getting public if they can't be dealt with.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  12. #59

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    People aren't stupid.

    Even casual fans know this team has changed.

    Maybe a little old lady who doesn't follow sports at all and watches the news saw this and probably finds any pro athlete to be like that.

    This whole "stuck in the past" thing is long over with. In fact, I haven't heard anyone call the Pacers thugs for like 3 years now.

    The attendance is low because the team has sucked.

    I'm not saying the off the court arrested didn't play a part in that because it definitely did. I'll admit, I was scared out of my mind when this **** happened. ****in Tinsley and ****heads ruining a beautiful city as Indianapolis.

    Even after the brawl, people still attended games to see a winning team.

    Anyway, now that we've shown we're back in the playoffs, the people will be coming back. Even new fans like those who hopped on the Colts bandwagon when they first really became good and the Pacers slipped.

    In fact, the city should be fortunate that the Pacers and Colts of today have good people on their rosters and not causing trouble. I know I am. Makes me feel safer and enjoy sports better.

    They are portraying the true way of Indiana sports.
    Last edited by Scot Pollard; 04-28-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  13. #60
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,140

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, I did, after the game at Dallas.

    I typically don't hold back my thoughts.
    The first half he played in Dallas was extremely impressive. He was terrific in the PnR with Tyler.

    Other than that we didn't see enough of Lance to keep raving about his PG skills, so I don't know why anyone would expect UB or anyone else to keep harping on it.

  14. #61
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,964

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The first half he played in Dallas was extremely impressive. He was terrific in the PnR with Tyler.

    Other than that we didn't see enough of Lance to keep raving about his PG skills, so I don't know why anyone would expect UB or anyone else to keep harping on it.

    I must not be harping on it as I was accused in this thread of saying this for the first time today. if you go back and look at how many posts I have ever made about Lance, they have been very few and far between, in fact I've posted more about him today than I ever have.

    He's got talent, but there are a ton of issues with him and it seems to me that he is unlikely to ever reach even a small portion of his potential.

  15. #62

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, I did, after the game at Dallas.

    I typically don't hold back my thoughts.

    I stand corrected! I just don't remember you having ever made your views about Stephenson public b4. I know it's your opinion on Stephenson, but I can't see how a small sampling of games leads you to this statement. You come across to me as being methodical in your thinking and not making outlandish commentss in your posts... other than when you were defending Jimmy. I guess I'm just surprised you see that in Stephenson after only a handfull of games.

  16. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    I guess I don't see why it's so urgent that Stephenson should be immediately dismissed. He's done stupid things, and he lost all his playing time as a result. I'd say give him at least another year. If our players are too intimidated to keep a 19-year-old kid in line, Lance is the least of our worries. I'd agree with Bird regarding keeping him unless they think he's going to do something severely disruptive. If he runs his mouth again, NBDL his *** for awhile until he learns his place.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyPacer For This Useful Post:


  18. #64
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,538

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You really want to bring that up again? The things that Brandon is inconsistent with isn't his three point shooting, its everything else...

    Reading what he said about Paul George, wow. One of the 5 best young guys he's ever been around? That is some high praise coming from Larry Bird. Another reason I think this kid will be special for us.
    Not tryin to dis you bro , but Bird says a lot of things like that about his guys

    Saranus
    Travis Deiner he said was the best shooter in the league
    How good Stanko and Lozek would be

    The list goes on and on
    Sittin on top of the world!

  19. #65
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,538

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Unless he does something crazy..."

    Those words will haunt us one of these days folks...haunt us.
    Maybe, but maybe not

    I mean my God, aren't the Pacers overdue for some good luck for once?
    Sittin on top of the world!

  20. #66
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,650

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Travis Deiner he said was the best shooter in the league
    No.

    He said he was going to get ONE of the best shooters in the league, then later he signed Travis Diener. One could infer he meant Diener was one of the best shooters in the league, but he never said it.

    One could also infer that Bird meant to sign someone else but it fell through and he never came out and admitted/explained it. That would completely invalidate the first inference if true.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  21. #67
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,538

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely! Stephenson cares the feces out of me! His propensity for doing harm to the franchise isn't worth it. Bird knows it too, but hopes Stephenson "will get it in the very near future." He admits he causes problems, and yet sticks his head in the sand. Love of talent can only go so far when it's the franchise future at stake. It's like with Artest. It wasn't if he'd cause another problem but when.
    You know what my friend, if you really think about it, Artest really wasnt that bad at all. Never any off court drama with police etc.

    A knucklehead, sure but not a cancer in my opinion

    also, Lance might get it or might not, I would rather give him a chance. I dont get it when people act like he could hurt us soo bad

    Worst case scenerio we cut him next year. He is not a max contract player, or anything close like that at this time. I think people are giving Lance too much power.
    Sittin on top of the world!

  22. #68
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,538

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope to hell he's not banking on Stephenson for anything. Especially to be our leading scorer.

    And I'm someone who sees the talent.
    I heard Lance rescued 15 orphans from a buring church in New Castle

    Sittin on top of the world!

  23. #69

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he's banking on Stephenson. I can't say which coach but I was told off the record last summer they were worried about his head/maturity, but he had the talent to be more than an allstar. We're talking Deron Williams, Carmello Anthony skills.
    I don't think he has that kind of talent but we need talent period.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:


  25. #70
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,538

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree. I think Bird has given Lance too long of a leash here that he could eventually hang himself with. The message to me is that "hey, we will keep putting up with your crap and indiscretions, as long as you don't get arrested." Hello Tinsley Part II.
    I disagree

    What has Lance really done ?

    He was not convicted, and yes he get in trouble for "unspecified violation of team rules"

    Please stop (not you personally) compairing people like Tinsley to Lance. Tinsley was lazy and already 25 when drafted. Lance might be 6'5 but he is mentally a kid of 15. So he might do stupid ****, but nothing major

    He does have the potential to be a star and I am willing to take the very small risk of another year, as I mentioned he makes 750K, peanuts in an NBA salary world and very easy to let go of
    Sittin on top of the world!

  26. #71
    Gold Swagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,395
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds like someone who has no interest in the Pacers one way or another and probably has not purchased a ticket since Reggie retired.
    Not entirely true. One of the suites I was in this season where Pacer ticket people were trying to get new and former ticket holders to sign up, I was completely shocked at some of the things that were said.

    The were a few older couples that said they were scared to come to Pacer games because they were afraid for their safety. I actually laughed at them before I realized they were serious, it really blew me away.

    So the Pacers are thugs belief, ran way deeper than I ever believed.
    "Just look at the flowers ...."

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  28. #72
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,538

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    [QUOTE=Justin Tyme;1227030]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    The main one being that Lance isn't our most important player. /QUOTE]


    Neither was Shawne Williams. He still hurt the Pacers with his bad PR.

    What some don't seem to get is that the average Indiana citizen who isn't a diehard fan still associates the Pacers as thugs. They don't understand those players are gone now, so if Stephenson creates a PR nightmare those citizens see the SOS with the Pacers. How many times have I been told by people that they haven't followed the Pacers since the fight in Detroit,
    and all the player off the court problems. They got fed up with "THOSE" Pacers, and aren't interested in the team anymore. Nothing proves this out more than the loss in attendance.

    It irrates the stuffings out of me to read posters say I don't care about the player causing problems as long as we win. That attitude is nothing more than selfishness to get an end result with disregard to the potential harm to your so called beloved Pacers. It's hard to overcome a bad reputation once you have one. It takes time with NO MORE PR PROBLEMS. That's right NO MORE PR PROBLEMS.
    And whats the opposite choice?

    nice guys with a low key demeanor and little love for the game like Dun for example?


    SHHHHT take me back to 2004 over the chior boys anydays

    dont get me wrong I would love to have both but there are very few Kevin Durrants (killer on the court, nice guy off it)
    Sittin on top of the world!

  29. #73
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,538

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fact that I want Frank Vogel back, makes me want Bird back too.

    The fact that Bird is this much in love with Lance, that he ignores the fact that his teammates can't stand him, he's screwed up 4 times already..shows a side of Bird that the Jim O'brien thing showed. He's stubborn. Possibly too stubborn for the team's good.
    Thats a very overgeneralization Sook,

    I doub every team memeber "cant stand him"

    remember the pictures from Bubs burgers ? Or Dahanty and him pllaying around?

    I still satnd by that I believe Lance called out some vets and he was exactly right

    People dont usually get upset unless deep down they think some of it is true

    Im sorry but we need an alpha male that can score. Ty is the only current alpha male on the team besides Lance
    Sittin on top of the world!

  30. #74
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,650

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And whats the opposite choice?

    nice guys with a low key demeanor and little love for the game like Dun for example?
    Why do people somehow think Dunleavy doesn't care about the game? I'd stay injured and spend my time on the bench with my money rather than busting my butt to get back into shape and spending my time running around constantly on the floor and getting blamed for everything by fans of my home team every year if I didn't care.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  31. #75
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,538

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, I did, after the game at Dallas.

    I typically don't hold back my thoughts.
    No doubt, I heard it live and in person from the hourses mouth
    Sittin on top of the world!

Similar Threads

  1. Area 55 season thread for 2010-11
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1386
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 11:07 AM
  2. So What Are Your Expectations For The Pacers?
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 268
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 12:54 PM
  3. NBA Coach Power Rankings: O'Brien 23rd
    By Hibbert in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 06:23 PM
  4. Kravitz weighs in on the Fever season
    By gummy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 07:26 PM
  5. Hollinger's "All Break Out" and "All-Decline" Teams
    By JayRedd in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 02:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •