Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 133 of 133

Thread: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

  1. #126
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    I went back in last few days and watched some archieves from this season and it really cracks me up how O'Brien went with the worst players like James Posey and Solomon Jones over either Tyler or Josh.

    Really showed me how stupid he really was as the coach and what a surprise Vogel has been since he's been on that guy's staff for a while.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  3. #127
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,565

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    First, I appreciate Larry's honesty about the players and team needs. Secondly, I am inspired by Larry's use of the words "us" and " we". He wants to run the draft so ultimately I think he will stay. Hope im not reading too deeply but if I am I hope im right.

    Also, I like Coach Frank and would not be upset if he was retained but if we could nab Jerry Sloan or a coach near the class of Phil, Doc or Pop I say go for it.

  4. #128
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,607

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I went back in last few days and watched some archieves from this season and it really cracks me up how O'Brien went with the worst players like James Posey and Solomon Jones over either Tyler or Josh.

    Really showed me how stupid he really was as the coach and what a surprise Vogel has been since he's been on that guy's staff for a while.
    Me too bro, but the one thing that stood out to me was Granger was much more of a volume scorer under Obie
    Sittin on top of the world!

  5. #129
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,607

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he was so great in practice, how come he never played in games? Because the Pacers were so loaded? Because he's just that big of a pain in the butt?

    People raved about Paul's ability, and guess what Paul actually played.

    Lance will never be the best scorer on the Pacers...ever. Never ever.
    lol

    you say that like its an undeniable , absolute fact
    Sittin on top of the world!

  6. #130
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,724

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bird thinks Lance should be scorer number 1? THe guy barely frakkin' played this year! Blue steel? Ferrari? La tigra? They're the same face! Can't anyone notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
    Bird did not say that. He said something like it would be great if Granger could be the number two scorer, with no mention of Lance. I took it to mean he was hoping they could land a player who is so good that the new guy could take over the number one role.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:


  8. #131
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,724

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of the reasons he barely played, perhaps it seems, is that a diva or two was afraid he might become the leading scorer.
    So the "diva or two" made the decision for the coach as to who played and who didn't? I gotta say I've got doubts about that.

  9. #132

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bird did not say that. He said something like it would be great if Granger could be the number two scorer, with no mention of Lance. I took it to mean he was hoping they could land a player who is so good that the new guy could take over the number one role.

    That's how I took it as well. Bird's #2 want was a perimeter SCORER.

  10. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..

    I just got done listening to the interview and I like the part were Wells is asking about Lance and the problems in the lockeroom and Larry Bird tells him "come on Mike you know Lance was not the only guy" I also like his confidence regarding Lance and his willingness to keep him.

Similar Threads

  1. Area 55 season thread for 2010-11
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1386
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 11:07 AM
  2. So What Are Your Expectations For The Pacers?
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 268
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 12:54 PM
  3. NBA Coach Power Rankings: O'Brien 23rd
    By Hibbert in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 06:23 PM
  4. Kravitz weighs in on the Fever season
    By gummy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 07:26 PM
  5. Hollinger's "All Break Out" and "All-Decline" Teams
    By JayRedd in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 02:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •