Thread: How good are the Bulls?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default How good are the Bulls?

One thing I read repeatedly here was posters saying we had proven the Bulls weren't title contenders and that they are going to get destroyed by Boston or Miami. People were all saying this in the heat of battle, as a sort of trash talk towards the Bulls, but really it doesn't make any sense as a Pacers fan. Why would you want to say that the Bulls are almost losing to us because they are no good and not that we are good? I think the Bulls are still the favorites in the East and I hope they win it all. Isn't it better for the Pacers to have battled with the team that won it all than a team that fell apart but still managed to beat us in 5? Don't you think it would give our guys confidence and drive to work hard to come back and do better next year realizing they went toe to toe with the eventual champ in the playoffs?

I credit Vogel for minimizing Derrick Rose in games 2-4, he sacrificed the matchups he was using in those games to try and get more scoring in game 5, which backfired, but really it was just Thibs adjusting and the Bulls having the better team. The Bulls space the floor very well, but rely on Rose's penetration to create the offense off of that spacing most of the time, because on most defenses he can at will. However in this series we took that away from him by double teaming far from the basket, rotating well, and putting PG on him. Boston and Miami will not give him that problem, neither of them have a long guy like Paul and athletic 4s like Josh and Tyler who can get to him, force the ball out of his hands and get back to the paint. The Pacers tested the Bulls more than any other East contender has been/is being tested and it will show in future rounds.

As Pacers fans hoping for higher attendance, more optimism in the city, nationally televised games, and a team committed to working and winning, we should all be hoping the Bulls run over all competition on the way to a title.

Default Re: How good are the Bulls?

I think either the Celtics or the Heat will beat the Bulls in the ECF in a very good 6 game series assuming the Celts or Heat are healthy. I just think the Heat and Celtics are better. Bulls are very good. You don't win 62 games by accident.

I'd be very surprised if the Hawks or Magic beat the Bulls

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

I don't want them to win the title. A good portion of their fans are arrogant and can also do some pretty terrible things from the stories I heard at Conseco. Plus they are in our division, so no thanks to them getting a ring.

We already know they have the MVP on their team and to keep it that close with him alone is pretty spectacular. The rest of their team is decent but really is nothing that special in my mind. That doesn't diminish what I think of the Pacers for fighting as best they could this series though.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter1105 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't want them to win the title. A good portion of their fans are arrogant and can also do some pretty terrible things from the stories I heard at Conseco. Plus they are in our division, so no thanks to them getting a ring.

We already know they have the MVP on their team and to keep it that close with him alone is pretty spectacular. The rest of their team is decent but really is nothing that special in my mind. That doesn't diminish what I think of the Pacers for fighting as best they could this series though.

I don't think you should decide who you want to win the championship based upon their fans

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I don't think you should decide who you want to win the championship based upon their fans
    Well, too bad for you I get to decide that. I just don't think they are that good. The fact we as a losing record team can push their buttons when they have the MVP makes me think they are not worthy.

I'll pretty much be rooting for any team out of the west but Lakers/Spurs and only the Magic if they get past the Hawks because I like Howard when we are not playing them.

i have to disagree. i went to college with several loud mouth Chicago sports fans. these guys were so arrogant, that I can never root for any Chicago sports team, besides the white sox or blackhawks. they all thought that they 90's bulls teams were the best team of all time by far. said the bulls would have 8 peated easily if MJ didn't retire for the season and a half when Houston won back to back. they bad mouthed reggie miller all the time. can't stand Chicago sports fans.

Quote Originally Posted by bhaas0532 View Post
    i have to disagree. i went to college with several loud mouth Chicago sports fans. these guys were so arrogant, that I can never root for any Chicago sports team, besides the white sox or blackhawks. they all thought that they 90's bulls teams were the best team of all time by far. said the bulls would have 8 peated easily if MJ didn't retire for the season and a half when Houston won back to back. they bad mouthed reggie miller all the time. can't stand Chicago sports fans.

my only point is there are good fans and bad fans (however you want to define that) of every team in every sport.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bhaas0532 View Post
    i have to disagree. i went to college with several loud mouth Chicago sports fans. these guys were so arrogant, that I can never root for any Chicago sports team, besides the white sox or blackhawks. they all thought that they 90's bulls teams were the best team of all time by far. said the bulls would have 8 peated easily if MJ didn't receive the gambling suspension for the season and a half when Houston won back to back. they bad mouthed reggie miller all the time. can't stand Chicago sports fans.
    Fixed.

And they probably would have.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

They are a good team, but the last time a team made it to the Finals led by a single star was the 76ers with Allen Iverson. I just feel they are too "one-star" driven to make it out of the East. They'll likely win the next round against the Magic/Hawks, but I don't see them getting past the Celtics/Heat.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

I agree with PR07.

In my opinion, the Bulls collectively as a team are not that good. Derrick Rose is great. Everyone else, not so much.

I don't think he's going to win games for them every single time in the playoffs. Somewhere along the line, they lose in 5 or 6 games.

All we learned from this series is that Derrick Rose won the Bulls 62 games. Everyone else was just there for the ride.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

I don't know if the Bulls will last in the playoffs. I'm sure the other teams have watched the Bulls and have seen the weaknesses exposed by the Pacers. You see that letting Rose shoot more jumpers and limiting him to low percentage shooting instantly slows down the Bulls offense. Plus Boozer has shown inconsistencies when he's playing a very physical PF, and they have an inconsistent supporting cast when it comes to offense. The Hawks or Orlando can give them a hard time in the 2nd round, especially the Hawks that have a lot of long, athletic players.

Actually, I take that back. The Cavs made it to the Finals with LeBron James against the Spurs in 06-07 on what was a pretty one star driven team (I forgot about that Finals because it was so terrible). However, the quality of the East was a lot worse.

Mood

my only point is there are good fans and bad fans (however you want to define that) of every team in every sport.
    If you could point me out just ONE "good" Bulls fan, I'd appreciate it.

I do. We don't have to deal with their players sitting next to us at games. We have to deal with their douchebag fans sitting next to us or around us. I don't want them having any ammunition for the douchebaggery in the future.
    Grown Man Ball

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

To quote a post I saw on a bulls press report. The Bulls are a D. Rose better than the pacers. If we had A player of his caliber we would win it all. Without him the bulls are a compairable to the Cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post

there was a very nice older couple who sat next to me Saturday afternoon. They were true Bulls fans from the 70's and they were very nice people. Not sure of exact age probably late 50's

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Banned

Keith Bogans is a very underestimated player IMO. If I needed to win a game 7, I would have no problem starting him. He does everything effectively that contributes to winning basketball without demanding the ball. Derick Mc Key.

Derrick Rose to the Bulls seems like what LeBron was to the Cavs.

Not a great supporting cast and pretty much lifted the team to the top during the season, but never accomplished their main goal.

I don't know what the case is for the Bulls, but it's like it can very well be the same. I'll admit there are some better pieces on the Bulls than the Cavs had which help Rose out better than LeBron was helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    My mom.

People still believe the gambling suspension theory?

I think the Bulls benefit from a weaker division (1 loss all year, they nearly swept their division for the 1st time in NBA history), plus their coach eeked out every single win he could when other coaches would have rested. They're good, but not as good as Boston, the Heat, or LA.

They remind me of Larry Brown and AI's 76ers. Great defense and offense is 90% one guy doing everything most of the time.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

I have to say I pick who I "want" to win a championship for reasons having nothing to do with the team itself under most circumstances. If not the Pacers (of course) it is usually based on anyone who ISN'T:

- the team whose fans are feeling the most entitled,
    - the team anointed by the media before any game has been played of the season
    - any team in New York
    - Detroit (except for 2004. If they just hadn't been playing such good team basketball that year )

Outside of this, I'd prefer Eastern Conference over Western, though that may be a reaction to the constant "Western Conference is the Big Leagues, Eastern Conference is the Minor Leagues" we've been dealing with for close to 25 years.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

26. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    Derrick Rose to the Bulls seems like what LeBron was to the Cavs.

Not a great supporting cast and pretty much lifted the team to the top during the season, but never accomplished their main goal.

I don't know what the case is for the Bulls, but it's like it can very well be the same. I'll admit there are some better pieces on the Bulls than the Cavs had which help Rose out better than LeBron was helped.
    Bulls in the years before Rose were a perennial playoff team with Hinrich/Gordon in place of Rose.

The Cavs, well it's now as plain as day as to how good Lebron's supporting cast in Cleveland really was. They went from a 60+ win team to one of the worst teams in the league. Says something about the supporting cast and a lot about Lebron as well.