Thread: Pacers better than Hawks/Magic?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers better than Hawks/Magic?

Interesting response to a question asked to Chad Ford on his ESPN chat...

J. Ricardo (St. Charles, MO)

The Bulls are going to struggle with the Hawks or the Magic, right? Say what you want about the 'fight' of the Pacers, they are much less talented than the Hawks.
    Chad Ford (1:19 PM)

Couldn't disagree more. It was exactly that sort of toughness and feistiness that caused the Bulls so many problems. Have you seen this Magic-Hawks series? It's a race to see which team will lose 4 games first? I think Pacers would've beat either team in a 7 Game series. I think the Bulls will be in the Eastern Conference Finals. I say they beat either team in 5.
    Humm do you guys think he has lost his marbles or is there a lot of validity in what he is saying?

Default Re: Pacers better than Hawks/Magic?

Well considering the bulls pacers series was way more closer then the win loss column. Could easily be 4-1 our way, id say we could beat either of those teams in a 7game series. I believe hawks would be tougher matchup but both those teams never show up in the postseason so I don't see why not

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHale For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I don't think so...
    Orlando maybe if we're lucky, considering how bad their supporting cast has been playing.
    I don't think we can beat Atlanta though.
    It's nice to see we're getting recognition though!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Atlanta has loads of playoff experience, and it's showing against Orlando. I don't think the Pacers would beat them this year.

I think the Pacers have made the Bulls better and more ready to face either the Magic or Hawks. So I think overall the Bulls will have a relatively easier time beating either the Hawks or the Magic than they did the Pacers. Although I do not think the Pacers would have beaten either the magic or the hawks in a 7 game series.

Control Rose and be very physical with the Bulls - that is the basic formula for success.

There was an article in one of the Chicago newspaper a couple of days ago suggesting that no other team in the east has two defenders throw at Rose like D. Jones and Paul George.

Taking the Celtics five. michealwilliams4's Avatar

Indiana can't play within ten points of Atlanta when Josh Smith is in the game. There's no way Indiana would beat Atlanta in a best of seven. Not even given a 2-0 handicap.

Great compliments for Indiana. I think they'd have a shot against Orlando. However, they just really struggle against Atlanta. It would be interesting.

Mood

I think before game 5 the Pacers were playing better basketball than either Atlanta or Orlando, but both of them would give the Pacers serious problems because of their front courts.

The Pacers match up better wit Chicago than Atlanta or Orlando, I think we would have taken one game from each of those teams as well. Our guys played well, but they are not a second round team yet, we would have maybe beaten Philly and probably New York, but nobody else in the playoffs. Next year I believe we will be close to being a second round team.
    Last edited by Isaac; 04-27-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Mood

I am kind of on the fence about this, because before the series I didn't think that they had a chance, but they completely surprised me. Looking at their season series with Chi they went 3-1 with the losses coming by double digits. They really showed up in the Playoffs... who knows maybe they could have hung like they did with Chi, possibly even one...

No one will ever know...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Chad Ford is a Pacers fan. I'm serious. He has to be because of the way he's always defended the team even when they were struggling. Or maybe he's just a Pacers sympathizer although that's not a bad thing.

I have to disagree with Chad. They just don't match up well with either team but could probably outscore Atlanta. Jamal Crawford would probably give them fits. With that said, I don't think the Pacers would beat either team in a 7-game series.

Still I don't like either the Hawks or Magic. I think they are poorly coached and they have both played worse after making trades to try and get better. I look at them and I just get the feeling that there are serious chemistry problems - especially in Orlando. It sometimes looks like they can't stand each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!