Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 112

Thread: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

  1. #26

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Did Granger not see the elbow McRoberts threw in game 4?


  2. #27

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Well Danny was asked about the stuff at the end, and he gave his honest opinion about it. The fact that he was backing up his teammates makes me respect him a heck of a lot more. Who cares what everyone else thinks?

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonHunter1105 For This Useful Post:


  4. #28

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why not. Plus the NBA reviews a lot of plays, a lot more than we ever hear about
    Why'd we hear a bout Foster's then?

  5. #29
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    343
    Mood

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    i'm pretty sure danny was looking for noah after the game to tell him he's 'dirty' and that he needs to take a shower. i think he makes a very good point personally

  6. #30
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why'd we hear a bout Foster's then?
    Controversial play + Eventual league MVP = Special attention.

  7. #31
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Frankly, Noah is a coward. He shoved the hell out of Hibbert every play down the floor all series.

    And I've never seen a guy who gets so excited about making layups and missing easy and one attempts like Noah does.

    Conclusion:

    Noah = Toolbag
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  9. #32
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Quote Originally Posted by psychoTT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did Granger not see the elbow McRoberts threw in game 4?

    DRose was hanging on the rim and showboating. He was also blocking his access to the ball, which would be a technical.

  10. #33

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Noah is extremely ugly and plays rough. But I sure wish that he were on our team. The dude has a huge motor and plays hard all of the time, sort of like a healthy younger verson of Jeff Foster with a way uglier but way more effective shot.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  12. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know a lot of you are gonna disagree, but...

    Shut up, Danny!

    After losing the game/series it just sounds like freakin' sour grapes to me.
    I disagree 100%.

    Being a team leader does not equal sour grades. He stood up for a teammate. Good for him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just talking about if Danny wants to hold a grudge for the Bulls and or Noah take it up next year inthe playoffs, not right after the series is over or in the regular season.
    Yet if he did that there would be double technicals and people would be screaming "can he not get over something that happened over year ago, just let it go and play this year

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how do you know it won't be. Atlhough I don't think there is a great camera angle showing the elbow.
    Bet they wont

  13. #35
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    There was an NBA writer that tweeted during the game, "For a 1 seed in a life and death struggle with an 8 seed, the Bulls sure do talk a lot of smack."

    That embodies this team. Arrogance without substance.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  15. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Quote Originally Posted by psychoTT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did Granger not see the elbow McRoberts threw in game 4?

    It didn't even connect..............

  16. #37
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    23
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Granger should have walked to the locker room and shut his mouth after the game. If I was in his shoes, I would be more concerned about the 27 point embarrassment just handed to us, and realize my season is over.

    After fighting with the Bulls for 4 tough games, he has now presented the Pacers as "sore losers" to the media.

    I'm not here to defend Noah, but that is just the way the guy plays. Get over it! The team came out flat last night, so they should have expected to be pushed around.

    I like that Granger was trying to protect the other players, but this was definitely wrong place, wrong time.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KingGeorge For This Useful Post:


  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My opinion:

    1. It wasn't ridiculous, he didn't act illogical. He complimented the team, while pointing out his distaste for the way Noah went after a couple Pacer players. He didn't say Noah was a bad player or anything, he pointed out that he thought Noah cheap shotted a few times. Anyone watching the games would probably agree; while a Foster esque' player lays hard fouls on the ball, Noah throws elbows and grabs off the ball. Totally different.

    2. Korver is an idiot. A complete idiot. taking a cheap shot at someone is completely different than laying someone out on a drive.

    3. Biggest difference? A Pacer was ejected as a result of the "Playoff" basketball Noah was playing. Had it been any other player it would be double technicals, sit down and calm down. But since Noah already had one T, there was no way they were giving him another. Same as when he got tangled with Tyler. Anytime one player is in the middle of so much trouble, the refs typically give double T's. Well, no such chance because it meant Noah would be tossed.

    Exactly.

    If he did not have 1 technical foul I bet he gets a double technical 10 times out of 10

  19. #39
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    The refs and the league official who grades the refs looks at every single play in every single NBA game.

    I do not know the process of how a certain play gets reviewed for a possible fine or suspension, but I know it happens all the time

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  21. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granger should have walked to the locker room and shut his mouth after the game. If I was in his shoes, I would be more concerned about the 27 point embarrassment just handed to us, and realize my season is over.

    After fighting with the Bulls for 4 tough games, he has now presented the Pacers as "sore losers" to the media.

    I'm not here to defend Noah, but that is just the way the guy plays. Get over it! The team came out flat last night, so they should have expected to be pushed around.

    I like that Granger was trying to protect the other players, but this was definitely wrong place, wrong time.
    We got outplayed by a team that won 20 more games then us. Frustrating? Sure, but not Danny's fault.

    I have no problem what Danny said, and I like the fact he said it.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  23. #41
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,077

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It didn't even connect..............
    To be fair, that doesn't matter.

    I would also bet that the refs had discussed McRoberts elbow towards Rose, and were told to be on the lookout for such actions from him.

    Which also makes me wonder how in the world Boozer can blantantly shove people in the backs on rebounds and hardly ever get called for it.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  25. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The refs and the league official who grades the refs looks at every single play in every single NBA game.

    I do not know the process of how a certain play gets reviewed for a possible fine or suspension, but I know it happens all the time
    I know they say that, I just do not beleive it. Maybe they review X number of games, but I doubt they review every game.

    If that was the case, a lot of "questionable" calls would get reversed, and as it is the NBA only really comments on a call if it gets a lot of air time.

  26. #43
    Member CircleCity3318's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Terre Haute, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    206

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    I have no problem with it, so what they don't all to be friends. Good for you granger for calling Noah out. If he punched him that would be different but it was just words...
    GO PACERS!!!

    Twitter: @Circlecity3318

  27. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair, that doesn't matter.

    I would also bet that the refs had discussed McRoberts elbow towards Rose, and were told to be on the lookout for such actions from him.

    Which also makes me wonder how in the world Boozer can blantantly shove people in the backs on rebounds and hardly ever get called for it.
    100% true. If that was a non Pacers I would be pissed.

    Ditto on your second point.

    You know what, a ratethenbarefs.com website might be a fun blog project for next year. hmmmm

  28. #45
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    23
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We got outplayed by a team that won 20 more games then us. Frustrating? Sure, but not Danny's fault.

    I have no problem what Danny said, and I like the fact he said it.
    I just don't think you should be calling a person out when they just ended your season. Especially when they win by 27. I would be angry with myself rather than Noah.

  29. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just don't think you should be calling a person out when they just ended your season. Especially when they win by 27. I would be angry with myself rather than Noah.
    I guess I just see things diffrently then you.

    Danny was not "superman", but he played a pretty damn good game. We did not lose because of Danny Granger, so I see no problem with him answering a question.

    Would it be more PC for him to say "no comment" or "watch the tape"? Sure

    But I personally got tired of some of the cheap shots, and I am a fan watching at home 1000 miles away. I can only imagine a player experiencing it gets just as upset, if not more.

    FWIW, I do not think Danny "cares" less about losing because he called Noah out.

    At the end of the day, both guys will cool off and the bulls advance. But what Danny said was true. Noah played dirty, and tha cheap shot elbow was just one example of many

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  31. #47

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    everyone is a big baby nowadays. I'm only 21 and I remember the "good ole days" of basketball. Well the precursor generation to this sissy league we have now at least
    THIS. Thank you. What happened to the NBA of the 90s? It got so soft. The same people whining about Noah were the ones complaining about Chicago fans whining about Foster.

    IT'S THE PLAYOFFS! Hard fouls and cheap shots are fair game. You'd damn well better be able to rise above both and kick the other guy's *** regardless.

  32. #48

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Noah is extremely ugly and plays rough. But I sure wish that he were on our team. The dude has a huge motor and plays hard all of the time, sort of like a healthy younger verson of Jeff Foster with a way uglier but way more effective shot.
    Anyone who wouldn't take him over Hibbert right now is crazy.

  33. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    THIS. Thank you. What happened to the NBA of the 90s? It got so soft. The same people whining about Noah were the ones complaining about Chicago fans whining about Foster.

    IT'S THE PLAYOFFS! Hard fouls and cheap shots are fair game. You'd damn well better be able to rise above both and kick the other guy's *** regardless.
    I am only 25, so my memories only go back to the Knicks - Pacers and Knicks - Miami series, but I think you are a bit off.

    If you would have thrown a elbow the way Noah did last night in the 90's, Barkley or Ewing would have turned around and punched you in the face.

    Hard fouls are one thing. Cheap shots are another.

    You can have lots of hard fouls and not be a dirty player. If you have to resort to cheap shots, then you are dirty.

  34. #50
    the goat Haywoode Workman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    430

    Default Re: ESPN: Granger: Noah 'cowardly'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone who wouldn't take him over Hibbert right now is crazy.
    i've always like noah, but i'm pretty partial to guys who openly smoke weed. it says a lot about their integrity to me that they're not willing to crumble under this ridiculous archaic stigma that marijuana somehow still possesses.

    like a lot of you have already said, he's just one of those guys that you love if he's on your team, but hate if he's not. i've always said the same thing about tyler.

Similar Threads

  1. Granger looks on as Indiana tries to keep pace with big markets
    By indianapolismarkus in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 10:05 AM
  2. NO JOKE, GRANGER SHOT! (when he was 12)
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 11:26 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 10:16 AM
  4. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 01-31-2009, 10:23 PM
  5. New Granger article on CNNSI
    By JBones19 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 09:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •