Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Offseason Wishlist

Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

i want OJ MAYO! if we get him, we don't need Eric Gordon. OJ is just as good. I want Nene at PF. He is such a strong finisher, was dunking all over the thunder, also brings toughness. I want Lance as our backup pg. Watching Larry talk about him, he seems so promising and all that is getting in his way is his immaturity.

Hey guys,
    long-time reader, first-time poster. So be nice!!!

I've been thinking about our PF needs, and I have a trade idea I want to run past you. Tell me what you think:

Indy trades: Paul George, Posey's expiring, this year's first
    Utah trades: Al Jefferson

Why we do this: well, Jefferson is a beast on the block and showed renewed defensive intensity this past season. At 6'10'', he'd create a long front court when paired with Hibbert. In fact, I think we'd have perhaps the most badass front court in the Eastern Conference. Al is only 26 or 27, and I think he started all 82 games last year. We lose a young talent in George, but I think we get the better end of this deal since George's skill-set overlaps with Danny's a bit.

Why Utah does this: When they traded for Derrick Favors they gave themselves a little bit of a dilemma since Favors will cut into both Al's and Millsap's minutes unless there is a trade. Even though he is really young, I get the sense that most people think he's ready to take the next step. Also, most of the mock drafts have Utah taking another big with their 6th pick this year (BPA), creating a veritable logjam. I can't imagine that they wouldn't be interested in George since they are rebuilding and are weak in the wings.

What do you think?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    u guys want vujacic on this team? he sucks
    9.8ppg 2.8 apg and 2.0 rpg for a bench player is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    for a guy that really really can't play defense. Not even that he doesn't want to. He can't, guys score on him so easily.

Banned

for a guy that really really can't play defense. Not even that he doesn't want to. He can't, guys score on him so easily.
    He is actually a pretty good defender, gets to agressive sometimes, but it looks like the time he got to expend with Kobe helped him.

He is actually a pretty good defender, gets to agressive sometimes, but it looks like the time he got to expend with Kobe helped him.
    i guess, still don't like him. We already have AJ and Lance.

Banned

This way of thinking makes no sense, the Pacers would need a minimum of 13 players and 15 max, only 10 players would be under contract for next year, meaning that we need to sign at least 3 more, do you really expect the Pacers to only sign people that are only going to put them over .500?

If we have an opportunity to replace Dun with AK47(7mil), TJ with Vujacic(3mil) Solo with Hayes(3mil) and Mcbob with Landry(5mil) you don't think we could be an over .500 team with this roster? I do.

DC,PG,Danny,Landry,Roy

Bench: Vujacic, Rush, AK47, Tyler, Hayes and we would still have AJ,DJ and Posey.

The Pacers would also keep the flexibility of been under the cap for 2012 for when the big guys become free agents.
    I may have misread you. I was under the impression that you wanted the guys listed to be our "major" signings, which would be atrocious, probably even more so than Detroit's and Milwaukee's free agent signings. If singing any of your guys leaves us the space to go after two first-tier free agents in 2012, I could live with it I suppose.

if we do get Mayo, i think we should trade Granger. I don't want PG or Mayo to have to go to the bench. Mayo at sg and PG at sf

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    I don't know that Landry is the best option out there, but I definitely think he is better than Tyler at the moment.

Not to mention, in the playoffs, Landry has games of 8, 16, 23, 12 and 17 while Tyler has 14, 4, 10, 6, and 22. I love Hansbrough, and Landry/Hans is better than Hans/McRoberts.
    Landry has Chris Paul setting him up for easy buckets. He is not better than Hansbrough.

Landry does not make the Pacers a better team. A 6'7 PF? Seriously?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post

Landry does not make the Pacers a better team. A 6'7 PF? Seriously?

I'd like to have a dollar for everytime it's been pointed out over the last 2 years that Landry ISN'T 6'7" BUT 6'9"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charles Barkley, the Round Mound of Rebound, didn't even come close to being 6'7" but was around 6'5".

Banned

Landry did an amazing job againts Gasol and Bynum, he plays bigger than 6'9'' like somebody else already said I rather have the Tyler/Landry duo than the Tyler/Josh duo.

if we do get Mayo, i think we should trade Granger. I don't want PG or Mayo to have to go to the bench. Mayo at sg and PG at sf

Who wants Mayo? Have you been watching Mayo's replacement as starting SG, Tony Allen, tonight in Memphis/SA game 6?

Why trade Granger if the Pacers get Mayo who isn't even a starter? That's a recipe for disaster if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Who wants Mayo? Have you been watching Mayo's replacement as starting SG, Tony Allen, tonight in Memphis/SA game 6?

Why trade Granger if the Pacers get Mayo who isn't even a starter? That's a recipe for disaster if you do.
    who doesn't want mayo other memphis? Mayo is a starter in this league. He is a natural born scorer. U kno he got moved to the bench to make their bench better right? And if u were watching the game tonight u would of heard the commentators say that Mayo belongs as a starter at the SG. how the hell u going to ask who wants Mayo.

removed

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

who doesn't want mayo other memphis? Mayo is a starter in this league. He is a natural born scorer. U kno he got moved to the bench to make their bench better right? And if u were watching the game tonight u would of heard the commentators say that Mayo belongs as a starter at the SG. how the hell u going to ask who wants Mayo. Dumbass
    There isn't a single gm in the league that see's granger and mayo as in the same universe as players. The suggestion to trade granger so that MAYO isn't on the bench is absolutely ridiculous. If the rest of the leauge wanted mayo so bad then we wouldn't have been close to having him for josh effing mcroberts at the deadline, some other team would have easily been able to beat that offer.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    There isn't a single gm in the league that see's granger and mayo as in the same universe as players. The suggestion to trade granger so that MAYO isn't on the bench is absolutely ridiculous. If the rest of the leauge wanted mayo so bad then we wouldn't have been close to having him for josh effing mcroberts at the deadline, some other team would have easily been able to beat that offer.
    what makes Granger better than Mayo?

He averaged 26 ppg as the Pacers main offensive focus?

I want Mayo too, but you're being ridiculous and rude about it

20. The Following User Says Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Superior stats, despite greater defensive attention, superior shooter, scorer, rebounder, hasn't been demoted to the bench and nearly traded away for a mediocre power forward, has good size for his position unlike mayo, Granger has actually gotten better most seasons he's been in the league, while mayo has regressed since his rookie season, he's been an all star... The list goes on and on. You won't find one single credible person that would take mayo over granger. I hope some GM's think like you though I'd love to think we can pawn off mayo calibre players for a couple more grangers.

Are you his brother or something?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wait, what? Please tell me I didn't read this correctly. You want us to get OJ Mayo and then trade Granger to allow Mayo to start? How does this make sense at all? You do know we almost had Mayo for Josh McRoberts, right?

This may be the worst idea I have ever read on PD.

Bmore Pacer fan

Landry did an amazing job againts Gasol and Bynum, he plays bigger than 6'9'' like somebody else already said I rather have the Tyler/Landry duo than the Tyler/Josh duo.
    Yeah, Landry is a good player could be a allstar in the East. He is a good scorer and rebounder and he plays good defense. West is good but only as a scorer, his defense is bad and he rebounding is average for someone who plays the minutes he does.

Josh Smith
    Landry
    Glen Davis
    West

And to the poster who said something about dropping Granger for Mayo....I kinda get what you are saying but the dumb thing would be to drop Danny now without even knowing what PG brings to the table. I'm as big of a fan of PG as the next man, but before you place the mantle of being the next big thing on his shoulders maybe you may wanna see how he progresses before dropping this franchises best player and a proven allstar. If PG starts to post those T-Mac like numbers and we have OJ and he's producing then you have no choice but to do it in respect to Danny and not spitting in his face asking him to be a number 3. But for all we know PG could be average or worse.

My cousin is a sixers fan and swore up and down that Thad Young was the second coming of TMac and how much they should drop Iggy to give the kid shine and etc. But Thad is nothing more than a poor mans Antone Jamison.

Promise and potential are great but reality is what I live for.
    Grab a star in Mayo and then wait til 12' for Kevin Love=Championship!!!

Wow....just....Wow

We don't need more bench players. We need starters at least as good as Danny.

Although if we can get Mayo for cheap, he's a great pickup (even if he comes off the bench).
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

wait but one thing u guys are not getting is if we do trade Granger we would get another good piece added. Its not like we would be giving him away for free

Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar

What kind of contract is Landry going to be getting from the Hornets, they may see him as their franchise 4 and not let him walk. What direction would the Pacers go then? Some talk about Kenyon Martin, but he is already 34 I think
    Murph

I'm starting to think overpaying for Nene a little bit would be worth it. 4 years/45-50 mil?
    Murph

29. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPride33 For This Useful Post:

Doubt Denver lets him walk
    Murph