Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 316

Thread: Official Offseason Wishlist

  1. #101

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    I'd love to have Battier, but he's not going anywhere except to a contender.

    Fight hard for Nene. Pacers will have to overpay, but hopefully won't overpay too much.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Here are other names I would like to have:



  3. #103
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    I forgot about Kirilenko. I wonder if he'd be willing to come off of our bench?

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I forgot about Kirilenko. I wonder if he'd be willing to come off of our bench?
    He was coming off the bench in Utah, I think all depends of the price we are willing to pay, good defender, can play PF at times, can defend 4 positions and can score, perfect 6th man, underrated big time if you ask me.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 04-29-2011 at 01:53 PM.

  5. #105

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd love to have Battier, but he's not going anywhere except to a contender.

    Fight hard for Nene. Pacers will have to overpay, but hopefully won't overpay too much.
    agree 100%

    Roy and a 1st for Nene and aaron afflalo?

  6. #106
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,003

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here are other names I would like to have:
    I find it funny that you say that, then post nothing but pictures.

  7. #107

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    [QUOTE=Infinite MAN_force;1226001]

    Atlanta is looking to dump his contract, /QUOTE]


    Really, Atlanta just beat the Magic to go on to the 2nd round of the playoffs, and they want to dump him. Interesting, you got a link with an Atlanta FO person saying this? If so I'd love to read it! Or is this just another one of a 1,000 rumors that appear every year?

  8. #108
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would love for him to be our new backup 3 with Dunleavy gone. Love it.
    Word. If we could have a bench of:

    Backup Point
    George
    Battier
    Hansbrough
    Foster

    Bring the Goon Squad back, except with huge upgrades at the 1 and 3. George and Hansbrough improve as well. We could potentially have the best bench in the NBA, depending on how good the backup point guard is. If he's a good defender, say an Earl Watson or Jarret Jack, that's definitely a possibility and we would lock teams up defensively as well.

    Have Hansbrough, George, and the backup point run the plays while Foster and Battier play off of them. Battier shoots kickout threes and posts up on smaller guys.

    Of course, though, if George and Hansbrough are on the bench that means that we have upgrades at the starting 2 and 4 spot. Which would be another good thing.

  9. #109

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I think you are highly underrating him

    I think you are highly OVERRATING him. He's a rotational player... period! Nothing to get excited about acquiring. I'd take Tony Allen, Courtney Lee, or Barbosa over him and never have 2nd thoughts.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  11. #110

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Kaman, however....

    Kaman is on my list of players I'd like to see as a Pacer.

  12. #111
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here are other names I would like to have:


    Jeff Green won't happen. I honestly believe he was brought in to replace Pierce in the future. Could be worth a shot though.
    Last edited by Constellations; 04-29-2011 at 03:57 PM.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  13. #112

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    would love to have Battier, but I think there is <5% chance he comes here

  14. #113
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,034

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Word. If we could have a bench of:

    Backup Point
    George
    Battier
    Hansbrough
    Foster

    Bring the Goon Squad back, except with huge upgrades at the 1 and 3. George and Hansbrough improve as well. We could potentially have the best bench in the NBA, depending on how good the backup point guard is. If he's a good defender, say an Earl Watson or Jarret Jack, that's definitely a possibility and we would lock teams up defensively as well.

    Have Hansbrough, George, and the backup point run the plays while Foster and Battier play off of them. Battier shoots kickout threes and posts up on smaller guys.

    Of course, though, if George and Hansbrough are on the bench that means that we have upgrades at the starting 2 and 4 spot. Which would be another good thing.

    George won't be back on the bench anymore. I really believe his rookie year is the only time that he can be accepted as a bench player. He has too much talent not to be starting, and next year we can expect him to be even better.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  15. #114
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    George won't be back on the bench anymore. I really believe his rookie year is the only time that he can be accepted as a bench player. He has too much talent not to be starting, and next year we can expect him to be even better.
    I agree with what you're saying as he is talented enough to start, but there is nothing wrong with having a good player who can facilitate, score, and play defense on the bench. Jamal Crawford, Manu Ginobli, Lamar Odom, etc. are good players that played off of the bench. George can be of their caliber, I hope with my blue and yellow tinted glasses, soon.

    If he's on the bench with Tyler, Battier, a good backup and defensive point, and Foster than we have one of the best benches in a long time.

  16. #115
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here are other names I would like to have:


    I like Michael Redd, but I think at this stage of his career, he's gonna want to join a veteran team.

    He can probably still be a decent starter. I'm thinking Dallas would be a good team for him.

  17. #116
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    I'm thinking we'll get OJ Mayo and try and go after Eric Gordon in a or 2.

    I like Marc Gasol too so if we were ever to trade Roy to get a guy like Josh Smith, I'd really want us to try and go after Gasol.

  18. #117

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    This isn't my wish list, but some players I have an interest in for the Pacers. These are what I feel are realistic possibilities instead of players that can't be realistically gotten such as Howard, Smith, Iggy, etc. They are not listed in any preference. I'm not even saying some are starters, just players I would like. Some are hard nose players that can play smashmouth BB. MOST all can play "D" and that is important to me.


    CENTER
    Kaman

    PF
    Tiago Splitter
    Varejao
    Speights
    Jordan Hill
    Thompson
    Humphries

    SF
    Thad Young
    D. Greene
    Mbah a Moute
    Ilyasova
    Kleiza
    Budinger


    SG
    Courtney Lee
    Tony Allen
    Gerald Henderson
    Barbosa


    PG
    Felton
    Udrih
    Sessions

  19. #118
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,169

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Threads like this remind me that this is going to be a LONG offseason.

    The way the season ended + the cap space the Pacers will have = Hurry up already! haha

    It'll also cause you to hope teams fail so they'll blow up their roster! lol

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:


  21. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here are other names I would like to have:


    I don't see a single player on that list who takes us beyond .500. Maybe Stuckey, who reputedly has attitude issues.

    If that's what we're choosing from, I'd just save the cap-space for 2012.

  22. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sullinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see a single player on that list who takes us beyond .500. Maybe Stuckey, who reputedly has attitude issues.

    If that's what we're choosing from, I'd just save the cap-space for 2012.
    This way of thinking makes no sense, the Pacers would need a minimum of 13 players and 15 max, only 10 players would be under contract for next year, meaning that we need to sign at least 3 more, do you really expect the Pacers to only sign people that are only going to put them over .500?

    If we have an opportunity to replace Dun with AK47(7mil), TJ with Vujacic(3mil) Solo with Hayes(3mil) and Mcbob with Landry(5mil) you don't think we could be an over .500 team with this roster? I do.

    DC,PG,Danny,Landry,Roy

    Bench: Vujacic, Rush, AK47, Tyler, Hayes and we would still have AJ,DJ and Posey.

    The Pacers would also keep the flexibility of been under the cap for 2012 for when the big guys become free agents.

  23. #121
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Pick up talent cheaply, don't overpay for mediocre players, dont' be the bucks.

    2012 has much more intriguing free agents, and on the plus side I don't see guys like kevin love, and eric gordon as guys who are obsessed with a "big market" or forming superteams.

    (PS I wish we could find a way to bring howard here :drools:

  24. #122
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This way of thinking makes no sense, the Pacers would need a minimum of 13 players and 15 max, only 10 players would be under contract for next year, meaning that we need to sign at least 3 more, do you really expect the Pacers to only sign people that are only going to put them over .500?

    If we have an opportunity to replace Dun with AK47(7mil), TJ with Vujacic(3mil) Solo with Hayes(3mil) and Mcbob with Landry(5mil) you don't think we could be an over .500 team with this roster? I do.

    DC,PG,Danny,Landry,Roy

    Bench: Vujacic, Rush, AK47, Tyler, Hayes and we would still have AJ,DJ and Posey.

    The Pacers would also keep the flexibility of been under the cap for 2012 for when the big guys become free agents.
    Seriously.

    It's not out of the question that were above .500 next year going in with the same roster. We were already above it under frank, and likey would have been well above it minus the chemistry issues that spurred the six game losing streak.

    A years improvement from DC, Hibbert, Paul George and Psycho T give us a very good chance to push mid 40's, plus now we have a big confdience boost and motivator from coming so close in the playoffs.

  25. #123
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    41

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Why is there no talk of Z Randolph? I know we would probably pay a high price given his numbers, but he is leading Memphis over the Spurs. It would give us a solid post up player and allow Tyler Hansbrough to spark energy off the bench if we are looking just at next season I see no better player. Although I do think you can make an argument that we would be better served to try and steal somebody at a low price (Oden) and save most of our cash for 2012.

  26. #124
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    330

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    u guys want vujacic on this team? he sucks

  27. #125
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by Nateorade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is there no talk of Z Randolph? I know we would probably pay a high price given his numbers, but he is leading Memphis over the Spurs. It would give us a solid post up player and allow Tyler Hansbrough to spark energy off the bench if we are looking just at next season I see no better player. Although I do think you can make an argument that we would be better served to try and steal somebody at a low price (Oden) and save most of our cash for 2012.
    He already signed an extension with the grizz.

Similar Threads

  1. Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist
    By Indy4eva in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 12:43 PM
  2. Rays of Sun in the Offseason
    By OakMoses in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 03:47 PM
  3. Pacers.com Offseason workouts article
    By Kegboy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 06:42 AM
  4. Star article on offseason workouts
    By Kegboy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 11:04 PM
  5. Plea for some offseason action!
    By Chambizzle in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 09:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •