Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 316

Thread: Official Offseason Wishlist

  1. #51
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,088

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess you could call this my "I'm interested and I'm not 100% it couldn't happen" list:

    Possible starters:

    Dwight Howard
    Nene
    Emeka Okafor
    Anderson Varajao
    Luis Scola
    Chris Kaman
    Marc Gasol
    Kevin Love
    Paul Milsap
    Tyson Chandler

    Possible backups:

    Jamal Crawford
    Jason Richardson IF there's no baggage / cancer threat
    Jason Terry
    Raymond Felton
    Jarrett Jack
    Aaron Gray
    Watching him during the Lakers series makes me almost positive he was one of the pieces that would have came from the Hornets in the Rush/Solo deal

  2. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,586

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would not mind getting Iggy from the 6ers if possible. They were talking about him in the Heat/76ers game and how he needs another scorer with him...well Danny needs help too.
    I'd like him too but I have a bad feeling we'd have to give up Paul George for him.

    I think Paul can be better.

  3. #53
    "I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,480

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozwalt72 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd like him too but I have a bad feeling we'd have to give up Paul George for him.

    I think Paul can be better.
    I definitely would not trade PG for him. I realize that would give us several players at similar positions, but I like him.

  4. #54
    "I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,480

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see how Landry makes the team any better, seems like spending money for a lateral move.
    I don't know that Landry is the best option out there, but I definitely think he is better than Tyler at the moment.

    Not to mention, in the playoffs, Landry has games of 8, 16, 23, 12 and 17 while Tyler has 14, 4, 10, 6, and 22. I love Hansbrough, and Landry/Hans is better than Hans/McRoberts.

  5. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,586

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I realize that would give us several players at similar positions, but I like him.
    Absolutely, if we had a 3 man wing rotation of Igoudala, Granger and George we'd be sitting pretty. Probably a very good quality bigman away from true contention.

  6. #56
    Boom Baby! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,642

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Natalie Portman.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:


  8. #57
    Boom Baby! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,642

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    To draft Kenneth Faried, and for him to become the next ON-COURT Dennis Rodman, skillset wise.

  9. #58
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,449
    Mood

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Why are people putting Dwight Howard in their lists? Seriously, I'm perplexed.

  10. #59
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,307

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    have Lance hang with Granger all offseason, training and working on how to behave. I really want this kid to succeed.
    What did Granger do to deserve THIS?!

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:


  12. #60
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,424

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Expecting that there will be a season next year, I'd like to go after Deandre Jordan and and Rodney Stuckey. Those two could bring even more athleticism and grit to our roster.

  13. #61
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,088

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why are people putting Dwight Howard in their lists? Seriously, I'm perplexed.
    I think with the possibility of Orlando having an early exit, some are thing the Magic may face a Carmello or in our case Deron Williams situation where the Magic look to trade him for best package, whether then lose him for nothing aka Lebron/Bosh.

    Just wishful thinking by some I think.

    I don't see us giving a big name superstar who's ready. I expect us to get a solid player or 2 that can contribute, and perhaps a young player that we know can play, and hope can turn into a big time player.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:


  15. #62
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,591

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    1) Larry Bird returns.

    2) Hire the best coach available, still believe its Mike Brown.

    3) Acquire Eric Gordon or Andre Igudola.

    4) Stacy Paetz

  16. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    330

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    i want OJ, Kenyon Martin(brings toughness to the team). I'm not sure why everyone is giving up on DC already. Its his first year here and he had to adapt to 2 coaches. I think he is the answer at PG unless you can get someone like Cp3 or Dwill etc. Hansbrough could be our Starting PF. His work ethic is what makes me believe that. Now that he has had one whole year and the playoffs, he is gonna polish his game over the summer.

  17. #64

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Expecting that there will be a season next year, I'd like to go after Deandre Jordan and and Rodney Stuckey. Those two could bring even more athleticism and grit to our roster.
    As P4E will happily explain, the Clips like Jordan paired with Griffin.

    Kaman, however....

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:


  19. #65
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,424

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As P4E will happily explain, the Clips like Jordan paired with Griffin.

    Kaman, however....
    Can Kaman start next to Roy or would he be our back up center?
    I dont know much about him except that he has old guy hair.

    Jordan is extremely athletic, that's why im so interested. He could be the 4/5 we've been searching for.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:


  21. #66
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,263
    Mood

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    If we could somehow land Iggy and Nene I'd be happy.

  22. #67
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,753

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    My Wish list:
    Bird comes back
    We hire Mike Brown or Vogel
    We trade for OJ Mayo
    Sign a defensive Big who can rebound and clean up HIbbert's mess.
    Draft a defensive big who can rebound well.
    Resign Foster so he can mentor

    I'd generally just like to see the Pacer get tough and big. Seeing as how a superstar isn't going to walk through that door I'd like to see this team be one of the longest and strongest in the league. Smash mouth to the max.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  24. #68
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,862

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    I hope we get better and our young players improve on their deficiencies.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  26. #69

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Mayo, Josh Smith, and Varejao. Don't think we could do that without surrendering some big time assets, but it would be awesome.

  27. #70
    Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lafayette IN
    Posts
    268

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    no love for indy product greg oden?
    Murph

  28. #71

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    My wishlist:

    - Larry Bird returns
    - Bring back Frank Vogel as the head coach
    - Keep Darren, Paul, Danny, Tyler, and Roy
    - Acquire OJ Mayo (I've said it before but when you look at what the Pacers need, what assets they have to use, and who is available, OJ is the best option out there)
    - Add a quality big. I'd like Nene but I fear he will require too much money/too long of a contract. Some big i'd go after include Jason Thompson, Louis Amundson, Ronny Turiaf, Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry, and Tyson Chandler.
    - I think the Pacers developed an identity in the playoff series with the Bulls. It is really a lot like Butler and their style of play. I hope they keep adding players that fit that style. Players who are tough and physical. Or "thugs/dirty players" according to Bulls fans.

    A couple other options might be Al Jefferson and Josh Smith. They would make the Pacers better but I am not for sure if they are worth it and if the Pacers have what it takes to get them. (the biggest asset is their cap space). I don't know that Jefferson is a good fit next to Roy and I don't think Smith is physical enough. They are likely to be options though.

  29. #72
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,879

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Marc Gasol
    Carl Landry
    Nene Hilario
    Shane Battier
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  30. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    330

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Mike Brown is horrible! Don't even bring up the back to back 60 win seasons. Lebron did it all for him.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itzryan07 For This Useful Post:


  32. #74
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grizzlies have given Gay and Randolph huge deals, Conley received a nice raise, and they still want to resign Gasol long-term.
    As you say, Zach (17.5m), Gay (13.5m), Conley (9m), then add Gasol (8-10m?) - IMO they have signed more then they can afford. I wonder if someone (Conley?) could be had despite the new contract? After all, +/- 48-50 mil for 4 players under a new CBA could make it hard to fiels a full team going forward, esp. for a small market team w/ attendence issues.
    Last edited by PacerGuy; 04-28-2011 at 12:04 AM.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

  33. #75
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

    Call me crazy, but if we can not get more support then what we got this season, I suggest we make the moves needed to catch the average fan's attention. My idea:

    -Trade Hibbert & DC to Memphis for Zach & Conely
    -Trade Danny & B.Rush to the Clippers for Gordon
    -Trade Hansbrough for B.Miller & C.Lee
    -Trade P.George to Utah for G.Hayward & 2nd
    -Trade Price, 1st to SAS for G.Hill
    -Trade Lance & future 2nd to Atlanta for J.Teague
    -Trade Posey & D.Jones to Dallas for S.Marion
    -Sign/Trade (S&T Foster & future pick) for G.Ogen from Portland
    -Sign C.Landry & J.Jeffries as FA's
    -Draft M.Howard in '11 2nd
    -Draft T.Zeller in '12 2nd
    -Retain L.Bird, Replace Morway with K.Pritchard
    -Hire Brad Stephens to coach

    New Roster Indiana fans can really get behind:
    Oden, B.Miller, McRoberts
    Zach, C.Landry, M.Howard, T.Zeller ('12)
    G.Hayward, S.Marion, J.Jeffries
    E.Gordon, C.Lee
    Conely, G.Hill, J.Teague

    Last edited by PacerGuy; 04-28-2011 at 01:36 AM.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Similar Threads

  1. Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist
    By Indy4eva in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 12:43 PM
  2. Rays of Sun in the Offseason
    By OakMoses in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 03:47 PM
  3. Pacers.com Offseason workouts article
    By Kegboy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 06:42 AM
  4. Star article on offseason workouts
    By Kegboy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 11:04 PM
  5. Plea for some offseason action!
    By Chambizzle in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 09:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •