Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Official Offseason Wishlist

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Official Offseason Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by rwill784 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, some of you guys got to watch more games. Charlie V is horrible! He's nothing more than a Channing Frye clone. My homeboy is a big pistons fan and I usually watch some games with him, and Charlie is terrible. Dude can't rebound against good PF's or even average ones. He can't score in the post if you body him, and he doesn't even play in the paint! He's a SG in a pf's body. He's a chucker often taking horrible 3's for no reason, he's a bit of a ballhog, a plays NO DEFENSE!!!!

You guys seriously can't be serious bringing his name up......dude sucks!
    He can shoot very well everything eles he is terrible at.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

If you guys think that Danny Granger and Rudy Gay are one dimensional, you've obviously never seen Charlie V play basketball.

Bmore Pacer fan

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    If you guys think that Danny Granger and Rudy Gay are one dimensional, you've obviously never seen Charlie V play basketball.
    Lol, thank you. Danny is the 4th best SF in L. Charlie V isn't even in the top 20 PF
    Grab a star in Mayo and then wait til 12' for Kevin Love=Championship!!!

Wow....just....Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    what makes Granger better than Mayo?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    OK, Now I know you are just blowing smoke... Charlie is a very good PF, better then any PF we have and better then alot of teams have.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...lie-villanueva
    Yeah, please watch people and don't just read box scores. Seriously.

He's Troy Murphy bad in some aspects.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Yeah, please watch people and don't just read box scores. Seriously.

He's Troy Murphy bad in some aspects.
    And thats a good analogy, but he isn't terrible. He's only 26. I wouldn't want him on the Pacers cause I want better. It's just that him being on Detroits team doesn't make Detroit bad. He would be an improvement to alot of teams out there including the Pacers. From reading some of the latest post, I don't think all of you read the prior post before to understand why Charlie V came up.

Trade: Danny Granger / Brandon Rush / Lance Stephenson & 2nd rnd pick ..for.. Ben Gordon & Greg Monroe & 2011 1st rnd Pick.
    I would throw myself off a cliff and take Joe Dumars with me if he did anything besides hang up the phone laughing. Greg Monroe is not going anywhere.

I'd also ask for an additional 1st rounder simply for taking Stephenson.
    Last edited by Kstat; 05-21-2011 at 07:20 AM.

And thats a good analogy, but he isn't terrible. He's only 26. I wouldn't want him on the Pacers cause I want better. It's just that him being on Detroits team doesn't make Detroit bad. He would be an improvement to alot of teams out there including the Pacers. From reading some of the latest post, I don't think all of you read the prior post before to understand why Charlie V came up.
    Charlie V is one of the most gifted 1-on-1 scorers in the NBA. Unfortunately, he's awful at everything else. Throw a double team at him and he'll continue to launch bad shots or throw bad passes. He's also weak as hell defensively.

That being said, the guy is capable of catching fire and going for 30+ off the bench on any given night. He's got a hell of a scoring touch. The Pacers would make better use of him than the Pistons. He needs to play in a more up tempo system.

Banned

If we're willing to ship out Danny for a young talent, the #2 pick is the way to go. Enes Kanter's upside dwarfs Greg Monroe's. Monroe will probably be a solid starter for years to come, but he's nothing special, whereas Kanter could be.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sullinger View Post
    If we're willing to ship out Danny for a young talent, the #2 pick is the way to go. Enes Kanter's upside dwarfs Greg Monroe's. Monroe will probably be a solid starter for years to come, but he's nothing special, whereas Kanter could be.
    Monroe is going to be a beast, I know that Kanter looks good but Monroe to me would be a force to be reckoned with.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Monroe is going to be a beast, I know that Kanter looks good but Monroe to me would be a force to be reckoned with.
    Monroe will be a 17 10 guy write that down the guy is a force. Kanter will put up simlar numers and if Jonas Valanciunas ever learns how to play the game correctly he will be a simlar guy Jonas is a bit raw and likley wont come over right away.

Adding on to Greg he aved 14 and 10 after Kuseter came to his senses and started playing him a lot of mintues post all star break.

Mood

Signing a coach is obviously priority one.

Priority two would be to land a PF or a SG. Personally, I'd rather go the PF route and I'd love to see Carl Landry be that guy.

As much as I like Granger, IMO I think he's peaked right now. I could be wrong, but I don't see him improving that much. On one hand, he has a very good contract from the Pacers standpoint, but on the other hand he could be used to land a very good SG. There will be a loss in production in terms of the drop off from Granger to George/Jones/Posey/whoever, but I only see that loss as a short term loss as George progresses.

Kirilenko is available as well, but he's probably got a 3-4 year shelf life at near peak talent level as he is 30. I don't see him as a long-term solution, but I also view him as an improvement over Granger, at least immediately. I'm also not sure he's ready to leave the Jazz, but with Sloan and Williams both gone, I think the Pacers are a better fit for him than the Jazz are at this point.

I do not like OJ Mayo. He's not even a starter on the Grizzlies and he has some maturity issues IMO. I see him as a Stephen Jackson type, although not to that extreme.

I guess it all boils down to whether the Pacers trade Granger or not and what they get in return. I'm not sure Beasley is a good pick-up either (a recent trade rumor had him coming to Indy along with the #2 pick in this draft and Ricky Rubio - whom I don't see coming to the NBA any time soon) as he has maturity issues as well. I trust Bird to make the right call. He has been building towards this summer for a while now. Since the draft is not all that deep, I don't see the Pacers getting better value out of the draft than they can with a trade/free agent signing even if they move up to the #2 pick. Having said that, aside from Landry and Kirilenko, the free agent market isn't very good this year either. If you trade Grander though, who is the "franchise" player?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So much stupid **** being talked about in this thread. Chaz Villanueva...really?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

Another thought here:

Roy Hibbert C / Stanko Barac C / Jeff Foster C/PF
    Tyler Hansbrough PF / Michael Beasley PF / Josh McRoberts PF
    Paul George SF/SG / Derrick Williams SF/PF (Rookie) / James Posey SF
    JR Smith SG / Brandon Rush SG / Jordan Hamilton SG/SF (Rookie)
    Darrin Collison PG / AJ Price PG / Cory Joseph PG (Rookie)

Trade:
    Wolves get: Danny Granger, Dahntey Jones
    Pacers get: Michael Beasely & Derrick Williams

Sign Stanko Barac ?salary? / JR Smith 3yr- 15-18 mil
    Resign: Jeff Foster to 1 yr. / 2 mil / Josh McRoberts 3 yr- 9 mil
    Lance Stephenson --- DLeague or Euro or Home.

RH 2.5
    SB 1.5 based on draft position
    JF 2
    TH 2.1
    MB 6.3
    PG 2.5
    JM 3
    DW 5
    JP 7
    JR 6
    BR 3
    JH 2
    DC 1.5
    AJ 900
    CJ 800
    Approx. salary total 43 mil. 7mil will be gone when Posey gets out of here.

Gone: Danny Granger, Mike Dunleavey, Dahntey Jones, TJ Ford, Solomon Jones

If we can get a trade for Mayo without throwing in the kitchen sink then cool and no JR. I just don't want to see Pacers commiting to much in draft picks and other assets and not have the assets to pry EJ away next year. JR is no doubt one of the better UFA this year and he shouldn't fall apart like the FA veterans available. He is a dynamic offensive player and can plays solid defense, he can add alot to our team. Hopefully Coach V can get him more consistant and play within himself, if he can, JR could be a gem. As far as him being a head case, so is OJ and it appears JR has grown up and is staying out of trouble now. I'm in to take the chance.

Michael Beasley - Nobody better then him in FA, and no way is Landry better, nuf said.

There are a tone of options, but I heard Bird say he wants to have a bench as strong as the starters so there is no difference. Also he said he will not use all the cap the first year. Therefore, I think this is a solid rotation and will give this coming year the ability to work with the new CBA and evaluate the low risk talent, get contract extensions for Hibbert & Rush. I know some of you don't care much for Rush, but I think he is one of the better spot up shooters in the league and he has stepped his defense up since Coach V took over, if Rush gets alittle more aggressive and take his shot alittle more, it will be a great day.

I like Jordan Hamilton better then Klay Thompson, I think he has much more potential. Has more versitilty and a great shot to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    So much stupid **** being talked about in this thread. Chaz Villanueva...really?
    Absolutely agree.

Now I love to speculate as much as the next guy, but some seriously stupid ****** is going on in this thread.

Proof: When Charlie V is now on our "Offseason Wishlist", we've officially become bored/delusional.

Please, let's all come back to reality. And no, that doesn't include Granger for Eric Gordon. That's another fantasy. Why would the Clippers want an older and worse player for one of the brightest young stars in the league?

Unless of course, the Clippers management loses their minds. Which is possible I suppose. But not likely.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Another thought here:

Roy Hibbert C / Stanko Barac C / Jeff Foster C/PF
    Tyler Hansbrough PF / Michael Beasley PF / Josh McRoberts PF
    Paul George SF/SG / Derrick Williams SF/PF (Rookie) / James Posey SF
    JR Smith SG / Brandon Rush SG / Jordan Hamilton SG/SF (Rookie)
    Darrin Collison PG / AJ Price PG / Cory Joseph PG (Rookie)

Trade:
    Wolves get: Danny Granger, Dahntey Jones
    Pacers get: Michael Beasely & Derrick Williams

Sign Stanko Barac ?salary? / JR Smith 3yr- 15-18 mil
    Resign: Jeff Foster to 1 yr. / 2 mil / Josh McRoberts 3 yr- 9 mil
    Lance Stephenson --- DLeague or Euro or Home.

RH 2.5
    SB 1.5 based on draft position
    JF 2
    TH 2.1
    MB 6.3
    PG 2.5
    JM 3
    DW 5
    JP 7
    JR 6
    BR 3
    JH 2
    DC 1.5
    AJ 900
    CJ 800
    Approx. salary total 43 mil. 7mil will be gone when Posey gets out of here.

Gone: Danny Granger, Mike Dunleavey, Dahntey Jones, TJ Ford, Solomon Jones

If we can get a trade for Mayo without throwing in the kitchen sink then cool and no JR. I just don't want to see Pacers commiting to much in draft picks and other assets and not have the assets to pry EJ away next year. JR is no doubt one of the better UFA this year and he shouldn't fall apart like the FA veterans available. He is a dynamic offensive player and can plays solid defense, he can add alot to our team. Hopefully Coach V can get him more consistant and play within himself, if he can, JR could be a gem. As far as him being a head case, so is OJ and it appears JR has grown up and is staying out of trouble now. I'm in to take the chance.

Michael Beasley - Nobody better then him in FA, and no way is Landry better, nuf said.

There are a tone of options, but I heard Bird say he wants to have a bench as strong as the starters so there is no difference. Also he said he will not use all the cap the first year. Therefore, I think this is a solid rotation and will give this coming year the ability to work with the new CBA and evaluate the low risk talent, get contract extensions for Hibbert & Rush. I know some of you don't care much for Rush, but I think he is one of the better spot up shooters in the league and he has stepped his defense up since Coach V took over, if Rush gets alittle more aggressive and take his shot alittle more, it will be a great day.

I like Jordan Hamilton better then Klay Thompson, I think he has much more potential. Has more versitilty and a great shot to go with it.
    No.

1). Starting lineup isn't any better.
    * Hansbrough still starting when we needed an upgrade (I love Hansbrough)
    * Roy is fine, but he's got to get better
    * DC hopefully will learn to see the floor. If he does, he'll drastically improve
    * JR is a major chucker. No thank you
    * I don't think PG is ready to handle our scoring load

2). Bench is slightly better.
    * AJ is awful
    * Brandon is still awful
    * Derrick Williams is a crapshoot (I don't think he'll be that good)
    * Beasley, if his head is on straight, is the upgrade in this lineup
    * No way in hell I'm starting Stanko over Jeff. Of course that's if Jeff is back, but Jeff is still way better even in his old age. I don't want some softy starting over Jeff.

As for Posey, Hamilton, Joseph, and J-Mac, I don't really care about any of them. It was a good thought to at least make our one head case (Lance) go away while taking on 2 headcases (Smith and Beasley). However, I kind of think those two have grown up. One would hope.

Still, what are we after that? An 8 seed, at best. And a first round exit. I don't see where we get better honestly, unless D-Will absolutely goes off.

I'm no Granger lover, but I just don't care for that scenario. I'd welcome Danny being gone, just for something other than that.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Mood

i'd be thrilled if we could add one of Nene/Chandler. dont think i really need to post reasoning as they have been discussed to death already.. but really those are the only guys that would get me legitimately excited. i would also like to get Mayo again.

but in reality we are probably going to end up like the nets last year. set the sights high.... get Farmar.

Sports Logo

I think we should try to get T-Mac. He can play the PG and SG off the bench, shouldn't cost too much, and maybe he could tutor George

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    i'd be thrilled if we could add one of Nene/Chandler. dont think i really need to post reasoning as they have been discussed to death already.. but really those are the only guys that would get me legitimately excited. i would also like to get Mayo again.

but in reality we are probably going to end up like the nets last year. set the sights high.... get Farmar.

If you watched last nights mavs/okc game, you saw why Cuban isn't going to let Chandler leave, and Nene is staying in Denver... you can take it to the bank.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    No.

1). Starting lineup isn't any better.
    * Hansbrough still starting when we needed an upgrade (I love Hansbrough)
    * Roy is fine, but he's got to get better
    * DC hopefully will learn to see the floor. If he does, he'll drastically improve
    * JR is a major chucker. No thank you
    * I don't think PG is ready to handle our scoring load

2). Bench is slightly better.
    * AJ is awful
    * Brandon is still awful
    * Derrick Williams is a crapshoot (I don't think he'll be that good)
    * Beasley, if his head is on straight, is the upgrade in this lineup
    * No way in hell I'm starting Stanko over Jeff. Of course that's if Jeff is back, but Jeff is still way better even in his old age. I don't want some softy starting over Jeff.

As for Posey, Hamilton, Joseph, and J-Mac, I don't really care about any of them. It was a good thought to at least make our one head case (Lance) go away while taking on 2 headcases (Smith and Beasley). However, I kind of think those two have grown up. One would hope.

Still, what are we after that? An 8 seed, at best. And a first round exit. I don't see where we get better honestly, unless D-Will absolutely goes off.

I'm no Granger lover, but I just don't care for that scenario. I'd welcome Danny being gone, just for something other than that.
    Bob has to be resigned to try and trade for possibly Mayo if Grizz would still be interested, if not thats ok too. Posey, Hopefully he will take a buyout. I'd rather have another rookie and develope them...may get lucky.

I love Danny, but Pacers need to use him as the only good expendable asset on the team while he has some value left. Hans, Hibbert, George are really the only others that will give us a good trade return and I don't see that happening, to young and contracts are to good and they are the core of the team. The FA is not that great this year. It is always hard to impossible to get a TEAM OPTIONS, RFA's and by the time they are resigned, it doesn't leave much left. Seems like the majority of the FA's that would possibly be an improvement are old and coming to an end. I don't see any good in adding big name, over paid 30+ yr olds to the team at this time, maybe next year if Pacers become a contender type ball club and we need that extra to get over the top. Ask Orlando how is't working out for them...what a disappointment.

As for a solid rotational group of guys that may give us great return in mid season to next year. I would be delighted to see this roster at the beginning of the year. Beasley is a really great player, his rebound is low but Love takes them all. Beasely plays alot of SF there and he isn't a SF. He's to tall, big and strong, he would be perfect for Pacers.

Nene, Chandler are not going to come here as FA. Just don't see it. Chandler is going to get his with the play he is doing in Dallas. As I mentioned in a prvevious thread, He may look over his shoulder at us but it will just be a look.

I do have a great trade that would bring Josh Smith here and we could keep Hibbert. I will post in a moment.

Mood

Wolves get: Danny Granger
    Pacers get: Josh Smith
    Hawkes get: Enes Kanter and Micheal Beasley & Pacers 15th pick

Bmore Pacer fan

Wolves get: Danny Granger
    Pacers get: Josh Smith
    Hawkes get: Enes Kanter and Micheal Beasley & Pacers 15th pick
    STOP JUST STOP!!

why in the name of all that is Miller time would you want to anal-assault this franchise like that?

Are you a Hawks fan? That's gotta be the case, because that makes no sense at all!!

Walk over to rite-aid grab a box of lifestyles, cuz we need to be safe if you're going to us like that.

Wow....just....Wow

25. The Following User Says Thank You to rwill784 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by rwill784 View Post
    STOP JUST STOP!!

why in the name of all that is Miller time would you want to anal-assault this franchise like that?

Are you a Hawks fan? That's gotta be the case, because that makes no sense at all!!

Walk over to rite-aid grab a box of lifestyles, cuz we need to be safe if you're going to us like that.
    LOL, I totally agree, I just see on here how we need Josh Smith or a big time player, so I threw up a proposal trade, can't make everyone happy.

Bmore Pacer fan

LOL, I totally agree, I just see on here how we need Josh Smith or a big time player, so I threw up a proposal trade, can't make everyone happy.
    Lol, I know I was just teasin'. Trade is still crazy though lol

Wow....just....Wow

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

1: Keep vogel for sure
    2: Draft Reggie Jackson
    3: If possible trade Granger for Derrick Williams and pieces.
    4: Sign Nene
    5: Sign Wilson Chandler

DC/Jackson
    George
    Williams or chandler
    Nene
    Hibbert

Mood

It's a wish list that has real context. Now this is an improvemet and very exciting, gives me chills!

Pick up Nene Hilario on and resign Josh Mcroberts

Pacers get from Wolves:
    Micheal Beasley
    Wolves 2011 1st rnd pick #2 Derrick Williams

Pacers get from Cavalers:
    JJ Hickson
    Ramon Sessions
    Cavalers 2011 1st rnd pick #4 Enes Kanter

Wolves get:
    Danny Granger
    Lance Stephenson

Cavalers get: