Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Official Offseason Wishlist

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Official Offseason Wishlist

Watching the OKC v Memphis game tonight, I'm wondering if maybe all the Zach Randolph love actually has some merit. I've had approximately zero interest in Randolph, but man he does look good. My question is how many miles he has left? We've got a young team, and Randolph is outside the main age range. Some people would say that's bad, some would say it's good.

Also, I'll take OJ Mayo for 500, Alex.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Bmore Pacer fan

Get oj mayo this year and see how tyler looks as a starter. If tylers not very good then make a run to offer kevin love a max contract. I really don't wanna give nene anywhere near what you guys are suggesting. He's just not worth it even on his best year he wasn't a gamechanger for the nuggets. We gotta stop aiming for mediocrity and try to nab some of the top dogs. Kevin love is on top of my list, its not like we are going to win it all with nene next year, we need to avoid what philly and milwaukee did going out and buying too many players and messing up chemistry.
    Grab a star in Mayo and then wait til 12' for Kevin Love=Championship!!!

Wow....just....Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what makes Granger better than Mayo?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    A good not great SF for a sometimes good sometimes great PF who can also spend time at center? It's obvious to me.

Just because he wouldn't make us tougher doesn't mean he wouldn't be a huge acquisition. He's incredibly skilled. Fantastically skilled.

I'd offer Granger and Posey's expiring for Gasol and Artest, with Ron to be immediately waived, if Los Angeles was interested in that.

Since Pau will be 31 next season, I'd probably ask for a draft pick or two, since Danny is a couple of years younger.
    That would be really interesting. If the Lakers make a trade though I think it would be for a guy like Howard for Gasol. The only reason I think the Lakers would trade with us is the fact that they could cut a lot of salary.

I would defiantly consider a deal like that but I am not sure the Lakers FO would.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

This could be a nice wish! Get Busy Larry Bird!

Roy Hibbert C / Spencer Hawes C (FA) / Jeff Foster (resign)

Greg Monroe PF/C / Tyler Hansbrough PF / Markieff Morris PF - Rookie (1st rnd pick) - If he is available!

Paul George SF/SG / Jan Vesely SF/PF - Rookie (Detroits 1st rnd pick) / James Posey SF

Ben Gordon SG / Marcus Thornton G (FA) / Dahntay Jones SG

Darrin Collison PG / AJ Price G

Jeff Foster 1.5 mil X 2 yrs = 3 mil ... He should sign this cheap so he can retire a Pacer.
    Spencer Hawes 5 mil x 3 yrs = 15 mil
    Marcus Thornton 4.5 mil x 4 yrs = 18 mil

2012 contracts end
    James Posey 7mil
    AJ Price 900k
    = 8.7mil
    Will have to entertain Hibberts 2012 contract

Solid rotation and leaves cap room for future extensions for present player contracts. This also gives value trade bait to be able to land higher end talent on future trades.

Trade: Danny Granger / Brandon Rush / Lance Stephenson & 2nd rnd pick ..for.. Ben Gordon & Greg Monroe & 2011 1st rnd Pick.

Ben Gordon is underachieving for his contract in Detroit and Danny should look really pleasent to them and their fans. Detroit has Villanueva, Maxiell and could easily resign Wilcox. Then they can get a Center in Free Agency to go along with Ben Wallace.

BTW, OJ Mayo will not come so cheap now!!
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 05-16-2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: typo

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This could be a nice wish! Get Busy Larry Bird!

Roy Hibbert C / Spencer Hawes C (FA) / Jeff Foster (resign)

Greg Monroe PF/C / Tyler Hansbrough PF / Markieff Morris PF - Rookie (1st rnd pick) - If he is available!

Paul George SF/SG / Jan Vesely SF/PF - Rookie (Detroits 1st rnd pick) / James Posey SF

Ben Gordon SG / Marcus Thornton G (FA) / Dahntay Jones SG

Darrin Collison PG / AJ Price G

Jeff Foster 1.5 mil X 2 yrs = 3 mil ... He should sign this cheap so he can retire a Pacer.
    Spencer Hawes 5 mil x 3 yrs = 15 mil
    Marcus Thornton 4.5 mil x 4 yrs = 18 mil

2012 contracts end
    James Posey 7mil
    AJ Price 900k
    = 8.7mil
    Will have to entertain Hibberts 2012 contract

Solid rotation and leaves cap room for future extensions for present player contracts. This also gives value trade bait to be able to land higher end talent on future trades.

Trade: Danny Granger / Brandon Rush / Lance Stephenson & 2nd rnd pick ..for.. Ben Gordon & Greg Monroe & 2011 1st rnd Pick.

Ben Gordon is underachieving for his contract in Detroit and Danny should look really pleasent to them and their fans. Detroit has Villanueva, Maxiell and could easily resign Wilcox. Then they can get a Center in Free Agency to go along with Ben Wallace.

BTW, OJ Mayo will not come so cheap now!!
    I dont See Detroit trading Monroe

Dwight Howard and Eric Gordon.

Mood

http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.81203...bigs-1.2880862

looks like the Knicks could target Jmac their frontcourt is terrible.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I dont See Detroit trading Monroe
    It's a wish list that is no doubt plausible. Depends on the direction Detroit wants to go.

Mood

It's a wish list that is no doubt plausible. Depends on the direction Detroit wants to go.
    Trading Monroe what direction would that be the guy was a 15 and 10 player last yr post all star break. They wouldnt trade him and a 1st for Danny. He is there next franchise type player kid has mad skills.

Mood

Trading Monroe what direction would that be the guy was a 15 and 10 player last yr post all star break. They wouldnt trade him and a 1st for Danny. He is there next franchise type player kid has mad skills.
    Well, I disagree! Do you just go around here to critisize what people type? Aren't you the one telling me acouple months ago that D-Will had no chance in hell being drafted #1? ANd What exactly do you know?

I'd like to get Nene at PF and Eric Gordon or Rudy Gay I've gotten pretty interested in getting.

Mood

Well, I disagree! Do you just go around here to critisize what people type? Aren't you the one telling me acouple months ago that D-Will had no chance in hell being drafted #1? ANd What exactly do you know?
    D-will did have no chance in hell being drafted number 1 then. But things change a lot of players went back. Kyrie Irving will still go #1 but it is ok if we disagree it's just my opnion. On a sports board you normaly debate like we are doing now its not attack just my opnion of your opnion

Nene

Mood

Nene
    Nene would be awsome, but i'm afraid to say, "it ain't happenen". We would have to pay him like 18 mil per for him to even look over his shoulder at us and still it will only be a look.

It is a good wish tho, I'm with ya!

Nene would be awsome, but i'm afraid to say, "it ain't happenen". We would have to pay him like 18 mil per for him to even look over his shoulder at us and still it will only be a look.

really? i think around 11-13 million we might have a chance.

Mood

D-will did have no chance in hell being drafted number 1 then. But things change a lot of players went back. Kyrie Irving will still go #1 but it is ok if we disagree it's just my opnion. On a sports board you normaly debate like we are doing now its not attack just my opnion of your opnion
    Yea ok, Peace, I still picked him as my #1 4 months ago and so did my connections and so did other web sites, but it's all good. He may not go #1 still, all depends on which team picks 1st and their needs.

Do me a favor and take the time to check out Detroit's roster and salaries. The way I see it is they reload quick for one last push for a championship or they just start blowing it up. If they decide to blow it up, they are in for a long overhall with only an unproven Monroe and an unproven 2011 lotto pick. They do not have a youth movement going on up there. They are in a procarious situation. I guess we could sweetin the deal by throwing in 2012 1st rnd pick. I just don't think we need to.

The whole point of the trade is to crash the paint with size and when EJ's contract comes up after next year we can create a trade worthy enough to get him and unleash Ben Gordon, a big and a Pick to LA.

We gotta have size to defeat Bulls or they will be our nemisis once again.

BTW this is where Danny kinda stacks up with the NBA and I think Danny is worth every bit of what I put in the trade, I would do it if I was Detroit.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17141

Nugget fans think 15 mill per would be insane and the Nuggets wouldn't match.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Dwight Howard and Eric Gordon.
    Geeezzzzz Shade. You always think small. Kobe Lebron and Howard with MJ coaching.

Mood

really? i think around 11-13 million we might have a chance.
    He could go to one of the big 8 teams for that and make much more in endorsments and have a chance for a championship. Why come here?

Mood

Yea ok, Peace, I still picked him as my #1 4 months ago and so did my connections and so did other web sites, but it's all good. He may not go #1 still, all depends on which team picks 1st and their needs.

Do me a favor and take the time to check out Detroit's roster and salaries. The way I see it is they reload quick for one last push for a championship or they just start blowing it up. If they decide to blow it up, they are in for a long overhall with only an unproven Monroe and an unproven 2011 lotto pick. They do not have a youth movement going on up there. They are in a procarious situation. I guess we could sweetin the deal by throwing in 2012 1st rnd pick. I just don't think we need to.

The whole point of the trade is to crash the paint with size and when EJ's contract comes up after next year we can create a trade worthy enough to get him and unleash Ben Gordon, a big and a Pick to LA.

We gotta have size to defeat Bulls or they will be our nemisis once again.

BTW this is where Danny kinda stacks up with the NBA and I think Danny is worth every bit of what I put in the trade, I would do it if I was Detroit.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17141
    answer me this question does that trade make DET title contenders?( i dont think so ) To me they are in a rebulid mode like we were 5 yrs ago they have bad contracts but are still some what rebuliding i dont maybe Kstat can offer what he feels his team will do. I mean they did almost trade Rip and a pick for just cap room. Seems like they are rebuliding to me with their record the last few years it feels that way also.

Dwill could very well go #1 now if a few teams get the 1st pick. I said no way in hell before his big tourney run or during it if i remember right.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 05-16-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Mood

answer me this question does that trade make DET title contenders?( i dont think so ) To me they are in a rebulid mode like we were 5 yrs ago they have bad contracts but are still some what rebuliding i dont maybe Kstat can offer what he feels his team will do. I mean they did almost trade Rip and a pick for just cap room. Seems like they are rebuliding to me with their record the last few years it feels that way also.

Dwill could very well go #1 now if a few teams get the 1st pick. I said no way in hell before his big tourney run or during it if i remember right.
    They are nothing like the Pacers 5 years ago. They have champions on their team that are still capable, they just need some support. If they where going to rebuild then why ever bring in Gordon's contract?

They are going to resign Stucky and prolly Prince. They could easily go after Chandler or Nene. yes, with that talent they could be a contender. Their cap will go up about 6 mil + rookie contracts.
    I'm Just thinking if they can't release Rip, Gordon and Vill's contracts then why not push forward. Obveisly, their decision.

This is some major scoring ability here:

Nene Hilario / Ben Wallace
    Charlie Villanueva / Jason Maxiell
    Danny Granger / Tayshaun Prince
    Rip Hamilton / Tracy Mcgrady / Brandon Rush
    Rodney Stucky / Will Bynum / Terrico White

Mood

They are nothing like the Pacers 5 years ago. They have champions on their team that are still capable, they just need some support. If they where going to rebuild then why ever bring in Gordon's contract?

They are going to resign Stucky and prolly Prince. They could easily go after Chandler or Nene. yes, with that talent they could be a contender. Their cap will go up about 6 mil + rookie contracts.
    I'm Just thinking if they can't release Rip, Gordon and Vill's contracts then why not push forward. Obveisly, their decision.

This is some major scoring ability here:

Nene Hilario / Ben Wallace
    Charlie Villanueva / Jason Maxiell
    Danny Granger / Tayshaun Prince
    Rip Hamilton / Tracy Mcgrady / Brandon Rush
    Rodney Stucky / Will Bynum / Terrico White
    Any team with Charlie V at PF has major issues

How would that stack up agasit Miami or Chicago?

I mean that team on paper is proably a 40-48 win team if nene stays healthy and they get another big.

Mood

Any team with Charlie V at PF has major issues

How would that stack up agasit Miami or Chicago?

I mean that team on paper is proably a 40-48 win team if nene stays healthy and they get another big.
    OK, Now I know you are just blowing smoke... Charlie is a very good PF, better then any PF we have and better then alot of teams have.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...lie-villanueva

Any team with Charlie V at PF has major issues . . .
    OK, Now I know you are just blowing smoke... Charlie is a very good PF, better then any PF we have and better then alot of teams have.
    this. Villanueva would instantly become the best PF on the team. maybe, depending on how you feel about roy, the best big. how sad is the case of the pacer bigs.

Bmore Pacer fan

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    this. Villanueva would instantly become the best PF on the team. maybe, depending on how you feel about roy, the best big. how sad is the case of the pacer bigs.
    Wow, some of you guys got to watch more games. Charlie V is horrible! He's nothing more than a Channing Frye clone. My homeboy is a big pistons fan and I usually watch some games with him, and Charlie is terrible. Dude can't rebound against good PF's or even average ones. He can't score in the post if you body him, and he doesn't even play in the paint! He's a SG in a pf's body. He's a chucker often taking horrible 3's for no reason, he's a bit of a ballhog, a plays NO DEFENSE!!!!

You guys seriously can't be serious bringing his name up......dude sucks!
    Grab a star in Mayo and then wait til 12' for Kevin Love=Championship!!!

Wow....just....Wow
    what makes Granger better than Mayo?

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rwill784 For This Useful Post: