Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Official Offseason Wishlist

Default Re: Official Offseason Wishlist

Here's my official wishlist.

Step 1: Sign Nene to a contract around 4 yrs/$54M, avg $13.5/year

Step 2: Trade Hibs+ Posey + future protected (2013 or 2014)1st round pick for Josh Smith. Atlanta needs to dump some salary and this would save them $4M right off the bat, another $7M when posey expires, and possibly even more depending on the CBA. Plus that would allow Horford to move to his natural PF position.

Step3: S&T McBob+2011 1st+ Rush/Lance for Mayo.

That puts our payroll for next year around $54-$56M.

Step 4: Resign Foster and bring over Stanko to round out the front court.

PG- DC/AJ/Lance or 2nd rd pick
    SG- PG/Mayo/Rush or 2nd rd pick
    SF- Granger/DJ
    PF- Smith/Hans
    C- Nene/Foster/Stanko
    A healthy man takes a crap every day. A smart man does it on company time.

Quote Originally Posted by Manguera View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's my official wishlist.

Step 1: Sign Nene to a contract around 4 yrs/$54M, avg $13.5/year

Step 2: Trade Hibs+ Posey + future protected (2013 or 2014)1st round pick for Josh Smith. Atlanta needs to dump some salary and this would save them $4M right off the bat, another $7M when posey expires, and possibly even more depending on the CBA. Plus that would allow Horford to move to his natural PF position.

Step3: S&T McBob+2011 1st+ Rush/Lance for Mayo.

That puts our payroll for next year around $54-$56M.

Step 4: Resign Foster and bring over Stanko to round out the front court.

PG- DC/AJ/Lance or 2nd rd pick
    SG- PG/Mayo/Rush or 2nd rd pick
    SF- Granger/DJ
    PF- Smith/Hans
    C- Nene/Foster/Stanko
    I like your thinking, but

1 - I think that could do it, from a financial perspective for Nene. It's a risk, I'm not sure he's that level of player, but he is exactly what they need, I think. I always worry about his health, though, when you tie up franchise money in a guy who isn't maybe a franchise guy.

2 - I don't see why ATL would do this at all. Josh Smith is an Allstar level player, unless ATL is cornered into a trade I don't see where this is nearly enough or the best offer they would get.

3 - That would do it for Mayo, but I think thats maybe too much for a one way (offense) player, but I would be onboard with it. Its essentially the same trade as the deadline. He's an upgrade over jittery Brandon. I wouldn't want him to keep PG from getting big minutes in years to come though.

4 - I hope they resign Jeff for 2 years at a discount, but I would not begrudge him a chance to be a back up big on a contender. I hope they bring in one of the euros, assuming its not a big buy out from their Euro team.

Really if they just do #1, its a pretty large improvement, imo, over Jeff, JMac, and Solo who they are losing from their front court. Resign Jeff or JMac, you'd have a front line that would be pretty nasty. Nene, Roy, Tyler, and Jeff/Jmac. Teams wouldn't like to play against that group.

I think you still need a Jarret Jack type back up at the Point, but this would be a nice start into the next phase.

If you get Nene, resign Jmac or Jeff, get a Jarret Jack type back up Point Guard, you could really match up against most teams on most nights.
    Last edited by Speed; 05-10-2011 at 12:29 PM.

been thinking about this. finally decided my wish list for this summer is simple.

The NBAPA and the NBA settle the CBA PDQ, ASAP.

The CBA has a hard cap of $60M [i.e. 51% of the BRI]. All teams need to have a roster of at least 13 players at or below the $60M number by the start of next season. Sign who you want, cut who you want, no exceptions, no RFA, no MLE, no BAE, no bird rights, no luxury tax, no nothing. just a salary cap number that you cannot be over.

If that happens, there will be a short term flood of good players available for teams with cap space to get for cheap. Pacers will be able to get the players they need and the power teams will be as even as can be with the small market teams.

that's it.

is greg oden actually available??

I dont see us making alot of moves for PF's in free agency. I do see us getting a Morris Twin in the draft though.. Preferrably Marcus Morris. Then after that Id love to see us get Oj Mayo in a trade. I think Eric Gordon would be wishful thinking.

1. Darren Collison
    2. Oj Mayo
    3. Danny Granger
    4. Tyler Hansbrough
    5. Roy Hibbert
    Bench
    6- Paul George
    7- Marcus Morris
    8- Aj Price
    etc

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I'll make an official 'Plan' for this offseason. Here goes nothing:

Step 1: Re-sign Vogel. If it must be so, I would be fine with Brown, but I prefer Vogel because we know who he is and he makes our guys push themselves (Not saying that Brown can't do that though). I mean, I personally think that Vogel out-coached the COTY in the Playoffs.

Step 2: Free agency. Sign Nene for 5 years/70 million. I don't think we could get away with offering him four years. He would bring balance into our offense (I'm talking 16 and 9 with .600 shooting) and be an anchor on defense. He'd become our most dependable player and he and Roy would fit picture perfect. If we get Nene, Roy could potentially have a breakout year as well.

I have confidence that Nene can play the four.

Sign Shane Battier to be a glue guy for us at the backup four spot. We need a guy like this who can stabilize the 'Goon squad'. He can be the veteran presence.

Re-sign Foster for two years. He is still a good and productive player and he would be missed if we didn't pick him up. We don't have another tough guy like him, we need that.

Step 3: Go get Mayo. I know that he's not a great player, but he's a poor man's Jamal Crawford at a cheaper price and he still has an opportunity to be a damn good productive scorer. He can hit big shots for us and we desperately need a guy who can do that. A package of a future first rounder (Our current one doesn't have much value), a re-signed Josh, and Brandon should do it. They get a pick of better value, depth in the front court, and a back up wing for cheap with no guaranteed contract.

PS- He plays good defense. Whoever said that he is a bad defender is a liar.. Just watch him in the post season.

Step 4: Draft. I prefer Markieff Morris, Darius Morris, or Reggie Jackson (Which ironically is the general consensus around here) as they all fill a need. If Alec Burks or Kawhi Leonard fall, get them instead.

Get someone in the second round who plays with energy and with passion.

Step 5: Sign Stanko. If he's supposedly this big, skilled center, than we need to bring him over. I have no idea what it would take, but I am very intrigued.

-Darren Collison, Lance Stephenson, First round draft choice, OJ Mayo, Second round draft choice, Danny Granger, Paul George, Roy Hibbert, James Posey, Tyler Hansbrough, Jeff Foster
    AJ Price, Stanko Barac, Nene, Shane Batter/AK47/Tayshaun Prince

Collison/Player X/Lance/AJ
    Mayo/George
    Granger/Battier/George
    Nene/Hansbrough/Foster
    Hibbert/Foster/Barac

Or however it should go. That is one young, deep team with a hell of a lot of cap space left. We have plenty of time for George to grow into a special player, and we surround Danny with some very productive guys in Mayo, Nene, and an improved DC and Hibbert. I think that team can win 50 games, at least.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I like your thinking, but

1 - I think that could do it, from a financial perspective for Nene. It's a risk, I'm not sure he's that level of player, but he is exactly what they need, I think. I always worry about his health, though, when you tie up franchise money in a guy who isn't maybe a franchise guy.
    I hear ya but unless D Howard suddenly becomes available to us, Nene is the best option out there for us and worth the risk IMO.

2 - I don't see why ATL would do this at all. Josh Smith is an Allstar level player, unless ATL is cornered into a trade I don't see where this is nearly enough or the best offer they would get.
    It may not be probable but it is possible. They have $64M tied up in 7 players and they are gonna want to resign Crawford. Smith may be their best trade asset to reign in their salaries. And the only way they can get immediate cap relief is to deal with a team like us or Sacto. And besides, this IS a "wishlist"

3 - That would do it for Mayo, but I think thats maybe too much for a one way (offense) player, but I would be onboard with it. Its essentially the same trade as the deadline. He's an upgrade over jittery Brandon. I wouldn't want him to keep PG from getting big minutes in years to come though.
    If Mayo doesn't work out we simply decline to extend the qualifying offer after next year. It basically boils down to whether you'd rather have Rush or Mayo for the next year. I'll take Mayo. Again, worth the risk IMO.

4 - I hope they resign Jeff for 2 years at a discount, but I would not begrudge him a chance to be a back up big on a contender. I hope they bring in one of the euros, assuming its not a big buy out from their Euro team.
    Word
    A healthy man takes a crap every day. A smart man does it on company time.

I have a simple wish list:

1) draft Kenneth Faried
    2) maintain most of our cap space this year
    3) wait until the trade deadline to take advantage of highly leveraged opportunities to secure a backup guard
    4) see if we can snag one of the Golden State starting guards (Curry or Ellis) as a long term scoring threat

I think the chances of us getting E. Gordon are very low. No way that LA gives him up, IMO. I also think that Hansbrough will continue to come on... he made impressive strides last year, so I'm comfortable going young in the frontcourt, as long as we get a strong young bull like Faried alongside him in the rotation. I see McRoberts ultimately as a 11-15 player on the roster, used best in spot circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronb View Post
    Trade our 1st for Mayo.
    Sign Oden
    If we did this....would you give up your Bird hate fest?
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

I am going to keep this simple.

My wish list:
    Sign Crawford
    Save money for EJ and sign him in the future
    Trade for Milsap

What I think will happen:
    Trade pick for Mayo
    Make an offer for Nene but the Nuggets match
    sign borderline starting pf ie Landry to 7 mill per contract
    resign Jeff to 1 to 2 mill per
    Look into bringing Barac over but it will cost too much so we wait one more year.

Overall a better team but nothing to get too excited about.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just a few randon thoughts/ ideas. Not all are to be done as "one plan", but pick & choose from the ideas to help put together a plan...

-Inquire about P.Gasol. If rumors are true about the off-court issues & LA wanting to change it up, I would inquire about a Granger-Gasol based trade. I have read LA fans being somewhat open to the idea. Not saying this is a realilistic, but I'd inquire as I would love to see P.Gasol next to Roy.

-Sign Earl Clark as a b/u PF. Yeah, I know "What?", but hear me out. From what I have read about his time w/ the Magic I like what I hear & like the potential upside. He added 10+ lbs., his work ethic was praised, & satrted to gain confidence. I could see him as a L.Odom-type down the road - a great mix next to Hibbert & a change of paste to Tyler, and has a skill set we currently do not have.

-Shane Battier is a leader. We do not have a leader. Nuff said.

-Inquire about M.Camby. If Portland resigns G.Oden, they will might be looking to move him/ save cap. He is long, athletic & a needed vet.

-Save money for 1 "max player" for the trade deadline/ next year in a MUCH better class of FA's.

Too nice to be inside, more later....
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar

With the way Mayo is playing in the playoffs, I'm starting to think it is going to take more than the first rounder to get him this offseason
    Murph

Maybe it's the post-series hangover, but Doc Rivers is saying he wants to return:

http://hoopshype.com/twitter_media.html

If so, I have to wonder if Ainge might be open to trading us one of Seth's dudes - Avery Bradley - for someone who can contribute immediately. (Say, BRush or a sign-and-trade for McBob or even Foster.) He would be a wonderful acquisition.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:

Why on Earth would we want to trade Granger for Gasol?

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I wonder if Ray Allen will be available, because they might just blow it up. He'd be the perfect acquisition. Still has mileage, is a borderline All Star, his contract would be modest, and he isn't a ball stopper and he wouldn't hurt the flow of the offense.

He's really a hell of a player and I am confident that he's still a guy who could average 22-24 PPG on a team that lacks great offense.
    Last edited by BringJackBack; 05-11-2011 at 11:15 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    Why on Earth would we want to trade Granger for Gasol?
    A good not great SF for a sometimes good sometimes great PF who can also spend time at center? It's obvious to me.

Just because he wouldn't make us tougher doesn't mean he wouldn't be a huge acquisition. He's incredibly skilled. Fantastically skilled.

I'd offer Granger and Posey's expiring for Gasol and Artest, with Ron to be immediately waived, if Los Angeles was interested in that.

Since Pau will be 31 next season, I'd probably ask for a draft pick or two, since Danny is a couple of years younger.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    A good not great SF for a sometimes good sometimes great PF who can also spend time at center? It's obvious to me.

Just because he wouldn't make us tougher doesn't mean he wouldn't be a huge acquisition. He's incredibly skilled. Fantastically skilled.
    I think he is tough.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I think he is tough.
    My point is you'll never confuse him with Zach Randolph when it comes to physically having his way in the paint.

Banned

My point is you'll never confuse him with Zach Randolph when it comes to physically having his way in the paint.
    My bad I thought you were talking about the other Gasol

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Official Offeseason Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    No lockout and a season next year.
    Say it ain't so.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dwight Howard.

You did say WISHlist, right?

I'd offer Granger and Posey's expiring for Gasol and Artest, with Ron to be immediately waived, if Los Angeles was interested in that.

Since Pau will be 31 next season, I'd probably ask for a draft pick or two, since Danny is a couple of years younger.
    I just don't see the appeal. Signing him, hypothetically, would be great. I just don't think it would be the great overall. While Granger stepped up in the playoffs, Gasol stepped down. I guess I just don't think he is as great as every one else. In general I understand a pretty good PF is more valuable than a good SF, but not in Granger vs Gasol.

Mood

I wouldn't let one bad year sour you on Gasol for the next handful of years. I think he'll be fine long-term.

I wouldn't let one bad year sour you on Gasol for the next handful of years. I think he'll be fine long-term.
    You're probably right, but I like Granger and I also am a Laker-hater

OJ Mayo is not a backup 2. He is a starter in this league. And did i read that someone wouldn't want to trade Granger for Pau Gasol? That would be a great trade for us.

Ya, me. I don't see the greatness in that trade. I'd say they are on similar levels at their position. Obviously good big men are more valuable than SF's, but I would rather keep Danny because I don't feel Gasol would help us much.

Added: I don't feel he would help us much if we got rid of our best player for him, and thus he became our top player. I would love him if we could keep Danny. Ok, not love, but only because he is a Laker. It would still be good for us though.