Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Official Offseason Wishlist

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Official Offseason Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a wish list that has real context. Now this is an improvemet and very exciting, gives me chills!

Pick up Nene Hilario on and resign Josh Mcroberts

Pacers get from Wolves:
    Micheal Beasley
    Wolves 2011 1st rnd pick #2 Derrick Williams

Pacers get from Cavalers:
    JJ Hickson
    Ramon Sessions
    Cavalers 2011 1st rnd pick #4 Enes Kanter

Wolves get:
    Danny Granger
    Lance Stephenson

Cavalers get:
    Roy Hibbert
    ---------------
    Pacers get:
    Eric Gordon

Grizzlies get:
    Josh McRoberts
    Pacers 2011 1st rnd pick #15
    Pacers 2011 2nd rnd pick #42

Clippers get:
    OJ Mayo
    Micheal Beasley
    Future draft pick if needed

Line up

Pacers
    Nene Hilario / Enes Kanter / Stanco Barac
    Hansbrough / JJ Hickson
    George / Derrick Williams
    Eric Gordon / Rush / Jones
    Collison / Ramon Sessions / Price
    wow what a list that's tons of movement. Kanter would be our starting PF he will be able to play both very well and that lineup would make me i wish it was possible that team would be fun to watch.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    wow what a list that's tons of movement. Kanter would be our starting PF he will be able to play both very well and that lineup would make me i wish it was possible that team would be fun to watch.
    It's pausable I think.

The following has to be done before draft.
    Josh needs resigned now.
    Wolves should go for that. It's a fair deal and they need Vetern leader.
    Cavalers would do a back flip cause they are cap jammed and Hibbert's on rookie contract and one of the best young centers.
    Do deal with Grizzlies, they will do it. They still need cap space and a PF.

The following can be done anytime in the offseason.
    Clips have to do this cause they will lose EJ anyways (LB be straight about this). I think Clips will do it cause they need a quality PF backup and OJ is just as bright as EJ to a point plus the draft picks.
    If Pacers for some dumb reason can't get EJ then Pacers will still have OJ and Beasley and will retain their future pick...not a bad thing.

Why do the Cavs trade #4, JJ Hickson, and Ramone Sessions for Roy?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Why do the Cavs trade #4, JJ Hickson, and Ramone Sessions for Roy?
    Really?

Look at their roster, They really don't have a center and they will not be able to get one in free agency worth a darn. They get Hibbert for the next 2 years for 5 mil total. This will also go very well with their salary. Probably would be the best return on the market that wiould be availible. Better then Danny I think. Hibbert is arguably in the top ten for centers and he is only 24 and is very durable thus far. By the time Jamison and Davis's contracts are gone, they can sign a new contract with Hibbert.

They will be drafting Irving at #1 (and along with the Jazz, they can't take Kanter at 3 or the deal don't go thru). We need a back up PG and they don't need 4 PG's. They have Jamison PF and Varejoe PF so they can give up Hickson. Enes is not a for sure success as most draft picks are a gamble.

Hickson, Sessions are mid level players and Enes is no garauntee.

The real question here is, would the Pacers be getting a good enough return for Hibbert. Good / great centers are really hard to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Really?

Look at their roster, They really don't have a center and they will not be able to get one in free agency worth a darn. They get Hibbert for the next 2 years for 5 mil total. This will also go very well with their salary. Probably would be the best return on the market that wiould be availible. Better then Danny I think. Hibbert is arguably in the top ten for centers and he is only 24 and is very durable thus far. By the time Jamison and Davis's contracts are gone, they can sign a new contract with Hibbert.

They will be drafting Irving at #1 (and along with the Jazz, they can't take Kanter at 3 or the deal don't go thru). We need a back up PG and they don't need 4 PG's. They have Jamison PF and Varejoe PF so they can give up Hickson. Enes is not a for sure success as most draft picks are a gamble.

Hickson, Sessions are mid level players and Enes is no garauntee.

The real question here is, would the Pacers be getting a good enough return for Hibbert. Good / great centers are really hard to get.
    I'm not even sure what to say without coming across like a dick. I guess I'll just strongly disagree.

I guess I will say this much, Hickson, by himself had slightly better numbers than Roy and is two years younger. There's more, it's really just not that close, at all.
    Last edited by Speed; 05-24-2011 at 02:02 PM.

I still think there is no way that the Clips give up EJ and I also think The Cavs play Anderson V at the center position instead of pf.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 05-24-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    I still think there is not way that the Clips give up EJ and I also think The Cavs play Anderson V at the center position instead of pf.
    EJ isn't moving unless he demands a trade its that simple.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post

I also think The Cavs play Anderson V at the center position instead of pf.

Yep, they do. JJ also played some 5 too when Varejao was injured.

A year ago, b4 Cavs got Jameson, the board was discussing Ilgauskas and Hickson for Murphy, and there were many who didn't want Hickson. LOL! I'd have taken him then with no 2nd thoughts, and I would now in a heartbeat for a PF as part of the future core. He's exactly what Bird wants, long and athletic PF.

Cavs wouldn't trade him then and aren't going to now. He's part of their future.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, that Cavs/Wolves/Pacers deal looks great for us, but Cleveland's fans will probably burn down the Q if that went through.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Mood

Well, maybe i'm wrong, I guess I put much more weight into Hibbert. I just watch Cavalier games and see them get destroyed in the paint. They are playing PF's for Centers, guess thats the new thing, I guess they can keep all those great players and win 20 more games this coming year instead of 19.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Mood

I have a new trade, tell me what you think of it...ok?

Roy Hibbert for JJ Hickson

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

NO

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Let's see, MY offseason wishlist. hmmmm...

And then for the Pacers to make awesome transactions
    Grown Man Ball

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

You know, after being on forum pages for quit some time I have come to realize that people take for granted of what they have as team players. For example, when a really good player isn't good enough, then they miss a game or a part of a game one comes to realize how bad he is missed. This doesn't always hold true to mid level starters or rotational guys. However, It does hold true to key or max type players, coupled with the position. Anotherwards, a point gaurd that operates the offense and the center that holds the fort down are the 2 most sought after positions. They are the glue of a great team, So much so, Kobe can't get the job done without them. When you look at what position is the hardest to fill with Max type players, one has to say? Center? I couldn't imagine what our record would be without Big Roy. Maybe 10 wins if that. Seriously, think about it. Did the Pacers ever win a game this year where Roy didn't play much or didn't play well and Pacers won the game? I can't even believe that some would even consider Hickson and Hibbert on the same page.

PF are considered a dime a dozen and every team has one and some have multiples. Centers well, only like 15 teams actually have a decent center (singular) and we have one of the better ones with 2 more years under his rookie contract. Hibbert is special, just like Gasol, Horford, Lopez, Howard, ect. We have one of those rare gems and some of you want to throw him out there with the common player... cause Hickson is common in the game of BB. I do not think I over valued Hibbert and to think he's only 5 mil for 2 yrs is incredible, especially to a team that has some cap issues for another year with no center worth a crap.

When I was working that deal up, I really doubted it cause of the unsecure return for a center, If Nene can't be gotten in FA, which prolly wouldn't happen. There is noway in hell I would do that trade and at Hibbert's age and this stage of Hibbert's career vs Nene's, the Pacers would have a down grade at the center position. When would be the Next time the Pacers would have a max type true center without giving up everything or getting lucky in the draft again. We havn't had a great center since the Dunkin Dutchmen. That was 11 years ago. Some of you need to wake up....really!!!

1) Re-sign Foster at 3 years 10 MIL as backup Center, he's our glue and needed veteran.

2) Re-sign McRoberts longterm 4 or 5 years 12-15 MIL as backup PF and small lineup Center.

3) Re-sign Dunleavy at 2 years 6 MIL as a backup SF/SG when hes healthy hes decent and people around town generally like him .

4) Sign Troy Murphy 2 year 4-6 MIL as a backup PF/C, Got his chance for a title and it didnt happen I think its possible he comes back home again to be a off the bench scorer for the right price and I dont think he will bring a loser attitude.

5) Draft Jimmer Ferdette. People dont like him, but I dont know why. Many Pacer fans like guys like Ben Gordon and Leandro Barbosa. Jimmer is gonna be that type of guy with slighly more PG skills. Also if you think about it, if Stephenson gets a chance and does well at PG Jimmer is a perfect compliment to Lance. Born Ready offensively can run the point off the bench, and defensively guard the 2. Jimmer can play SG offensively off the bench and be a shooter, and guard the 1 against PGs that arent named Paul, Rondo, Deron, Westbrook, or Rose.

Rotation:

Bigs- Hibbert/Hansbrough/McRoberts/Foster/Murphy
    Wings- Granger/George/Dunleavy/Rush/Jones/Posey
    PG- Collison/Price/Stephenson/Ferdette

I like that balance, and I think it gives us versatility. Is it a championship roster? No. Im not sure we can do anything to get us there in a year even if we got a guy like Nene. However, I think its a step in the right direction and when the older guys expire again we can use future 1st to slowly replace them. Also, can use that cap space in 2012 w/ a stronger FA class and go after a guy really worth the cash it cost for premier free agents. Should have somewhere in the 15-20 MIL range left under this plan.

1) Re-sign Foster

2) Re-sign McRoberts

3) Re-sign Dunleavy for a reasonable price short term

4) Sign Troy Murphy for for a reasonable price short term

5) Draft Jimmer. If you like Ben Gordon or Leandro Barbosa you should like Jimmer cause hes that kind of shooter w/ more PG skills.

Rotation

Bigs- Hibbert/Hansbrough/McRoberts/Foster/Murphy
    Wings- Granger/George/Dunleavy/Rush/Jones/Posey
    PGs- Collison/Price/Stephenson/Ferdette

Championship team? No, but I think playoff team again for sure. I dont think signing Nene would even make us a championship team so lets not panic to a fairly conservative off season plan. This plan should leave us 15-20 MIL in cap space for 2012 which is a stronger FA class and fiscally smarter to pay a premier FA since the quality will be stronger in this class.